• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I would like to do a Sapphire nuzlocke challenge. Going to start now tbh. \o/
    Also, one question. We ARE able to heal in the pokemon center, right?

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    I finished mine...but I don't feel like posting pictures, so:

My Team
    Spoiler:

Yay for having Gassy throughout the whole game! =D

I might start another run soon, but not right now...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I don't know why, but I really want to do one of these =3 I suppose I'll do it on Emerald, just because I can lol.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'll put you as a champion, but did everyone on your team survive? If so than your quite good, most Nuzlockers have a Pokemon or two die in the league

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Just so I can get in a fast update:

• Started my game, named myself JAKE (I forgot about lowercases xD).
    • Went through the intro stuff, got Mudkip, named it Ian.
    • Ran through Route 101 hoping not to encounter anything, got lucky and didn't.
    • Tried the same on 103, not so much. Since I couldn't capture anything, grinded Ian to level 10 and defeated May.
    • Hopped down, got my Pokedex, blah blah.
    • Went to Route 101, first Pokemon was a Wurmple. Caught it, named it Taylor.
    • Grinded Taylor to level 10, where he evolved from Cascoon to Dustox.
    • Proceeded to Route 104, found a Lotad, caught it, named in Mirror B (For obvious reason xD)
    • Grinded Mirror to level 10, took on all the trainers, etc.
    • Wally event
    • Moved on to Route 105, found a Poochyena, caught it, named it Calvin, boxed him.
    • Went into the forest, found another Wurmple, just defeated it.
    • Went through Petalburg Woods, proceeded on, and found a Wingull, named it Zazu, and boxed it.
    • Went through Rustboro, went to the next route and caught a Nincada, named it Noob, kept it for a temporary cut slave.
    • Went into Rusturf Tunnel, caught a Whismur, named it Rachel, grinded it up to 16 along with Ian, Mirror, and Taylor.
    • Defeated Roxanne and May, went to Dewford.
    • Went into cave, found a Zubat, just killed it.
    • Met Steven, gave letter, etc.
    • Beat Brawly with Taylor alone, moved onto Slateport.
    • Boxed Taylor, as it had served his purpose and might be useful later.
    • Caught a Minun on the next route, named her Cuddles (SHE'S SO CUTE), and grinded her up to 20 along with the rest of my team.
    • Defeated May, went through the rest of the route, and saved in Mauville.

Years
    Hmm, I can't post my video updates until I've made fifteen posts. That's a bit of a pain. Ah well, the link to my channel is in my signature, there are always updates there.

Current video covers below:

Got Bulbasaur, named Verto.
    Beat Green.
    Saw a pidgey on route 1, couldn't catch it.
    Ran Oak's errand.
    Got a pokedex that will never be used.
    Went out to route 22, and caught Rattata. Named it Violata.
    Went out to route 2 and failed to catch pidgey again. X_X

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Passed through Union Cave, beat Team Rocket at Slowpoke's Well and Beat the Rival and Bugsy.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

In Box:
    Spoiler:

In Memorial:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Ok I'm gonna start a Fire Red game....btw if I die the first battle can I just start the game over?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Has anyone here beaten the Elite 4 on HGSS yet? If they have, any suggestions on how to defeat Karen's Gengar bloodlessly? That damn thing knows Destiny Bond, and the prospect of losing a Pokemon to it is sorta freaking me out.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    I am going to start this challenge on ym Firered game. After finishing it, I plan to go on with Saphire, then go back a bit to Pokemon Yellow, and then to HG. :D
    I am also working on my Random Pokemon Challenge at the same time so....

I will be updating on my deviantart account -(which will be in my signature as soon as I start the challenge and draw my first comic)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Nuzlocke challenge update
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Also add me to... eh, I'd say Fire Red, but it's Fire Red Omega, which does change the game quite a lot...

Also, WHAT. I found this while going through the sprites in Moemon Leaf Green.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Do vitiamins like hp-up and protein count as healing items?

Depends. The rules for Nuzlocke are kinda up to the individual player, and I've seen people who do allow vitamins and people who don't. Personally I've been using vitamins, and Rare Candies, but no actual HP- or PP-renewing items.

Also, I'll try to update asap. Probably tomorrow. Nearing the end now...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Has anyone here beaten the Elite 4 on HGSS yet? If they have, any suggestions on how to defeat Karen's Gengar bloodlessly? That damn thing knows Destiny Bond, and the prospect of losing a Pokemon to it is sorta freaking me out.

its not that big a threat. My Champion HG/SS team was this:

Lv. 54 Jordan
    Lv. 56 Leona
    Lv. 50 Vance
    Lv. 54 Buzzer
    Lv. 50 Ellie
    Lv. 49 Mr. Tricks

As you can see none of these have a complete advantage over gengar, I think I just used crunch. Jordan died in the Karen fight, but it was because I was stupid and used Hydro Cannon when Surf would have killed Houndoom. Vance died as well but he completely tore apart Lance for Leona to destroy. Also, I HIGHLY RECCOMEND A XATU.
    Use Lucky Chant at the beginning of the battle to avoid crits, then Psychic, if your fighting Koga or Bruno, or U-turn if your not.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Something bad happened :(

Larry: our first fatality.

I was kinda half paying attention, and the youngster on Route 25 killed him with his Slowpoke and Confusion.

So anyway,

Larry: lv.5 - lv.19

R.I.P

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Do you mind taking me off of Pearl and signing me up for Red? I really can't be bothered with Pearl atm, so I'll probably finish that afterwards.

Thanks! Update later tonight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back