• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Crap. You reduced my proven-to-be-canon theory to pure unsupported speculation. Guess I'll have to go with that, and let Wishful and Negaishippers be. But I am of course not giving up on my theory. By the way, has it been used before, or is it free for naming?

No, we've reduced your pure unsupported speculation to a hypothesis equivalent to saying that the earth is flat.

And just go ahead and name it >__> I named CalendarShipping and that's still pretty strong and out there. This randomness won't get much attention.

Edit: That's it, time for another Shipping Debates contest. What do you think of:

Drawing your favorite pair of lovebirds... taking care of an egg.

You know, to get into the Easter spirit. Entries can be CG or drawn. Simple enough? If everyone lieks, I'll make the thread shortly.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I thought there was already a shipping name for CalendarShipping. -I fail-

Another contest; this one sounds good actually. I should be able to get this done on time -not like last time-.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Oh, 5 Hertz with 32 bytes of RAM now?

What is this sarcasm?

There's a reason we have the name ColdCoffeeShipping.

Neither can I, all I did was say the truth and used Google Translate ^__^

Keep going. Is that the best you can do?

What is this I don't even.

Huh? Isn't that DawnxPaul? Am I missing something?

Figures. Sometimes that thing doesn't translate accurately.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That sounds cool, I would join for sure! I enjoyed hosting the last contest but it'll be cool to just enter this time. :D

Could we do it in Pixel Art or sprites?

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • May seems good with Ash. She's the nicer version of Misty in some ways,but she just has this thing about her that seems appealing to meh. Although I know it doesn;t make sense since she was interested in that Drew person.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • May seems good with Ash. She's the nicer version of Misty in some ways,but she just has this thing about her that seems appealing to meh. Although I know it doesn;t make sense since she was interested in that Drew person.

I have to agree with you on May with Ash because they are SO cute together and they are the BEST of FRIENDS..... Remember Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of Sea? MAJOR ADVANCESHIPPING MOMENTS there.... Now that's romance... But, I have to disagree with you on Drew because he just uses his coolness to get the ladies... I bet most ContestShippers out there like the ship because they "pair the spares"... But I have to give an advice... Once you read a shipping you dislike or hate, you start to have respect for that ship and frees you from "pairing the spares"... I once read a ContestShipping fic and I had a little respect for the ship...But it's only minimal but it can free yourself from viewing yourself with the ones you love... Sorry for some things I might offended anyone.. I wanna speak out some facts so sorry...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hey guys, I've updated my Negaishipping AMV, take a look;

Stupid sony vegas screwed with cropping and skipped a part near the end - I'll be replacing the Dull fades too soon. :\

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • I have to agree with you on May with Ash because they are SO cute together and they are the BEST of FRIENDS..... Remember Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of Sea? MAJOR ADVANCESHIPPING MOMENTS there.... Now that's romance... But, I have to disagree with you on Drew because he just uses his coolness to get the ladies... I bet most ContestShippers out there like the ship because they "pair the spares"... But I have to give an advice... Once you read a shipping you dislike or hate, you start to have respect for that ship and frees you from "pairing the spares"... I once read a ContestShipping fic and I had a little respect for the ship...But it's only minimal but it can free yourself from viewing yourself with the ones you love... Sorry for some things I might offended anyone.. I wanna speak out some facts so sorry...
    What do you mean by pairing the spares? :D Yes, another person who likes the same pairing. I dun know though, the only thing that got me to even consider the pair was when Brock commented on May being influcenced by ash. xD
    Hey guys, I've updated my Negaishipping AMV, take a look;

Stupid sony vegas screwed with cropping and skipped a part near the end - I'll be replacing the Dull fades too soon. :\

Very nice. :)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The good old days of Advanceshipping. The Pokemon Ranger movie did have some good moments of Advanceshipping and there was one episode that I forgot the name of had a lot of good moments of that shipping.

Mew: I'm going to have to watch that when I get home but I bet's its good.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • What do you mean by pairing the spares?

Pairing the spares means that you like one ship, the spares would be paired up so there wouldn't be an interference with your loved ship...

Example: I believe the most known "pairing the spares" example is Poke,Contest,Ikari,Wishful.

Even though I really don't like Poke and Contest, I really love Ikari and Wishful because they look so cool...

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Whaaaat are you talking about "Pair the Spares". For one, fandom version is Ship Mates. And Poke is so not a Ship Mates relationship. Arguably, neither is Contest, as there are plenty of ContestShippers who don't use it to get May out of the way, and support it because they like it.

Really, Ship Mates doesn't even come into play unless discussing multiple, nonconflicting ships at the same time. It's used mainly by fanfic authors/shippers/etc who use Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends or Lonely Together. Last Minute Hookup is also used a lot in terms of Ship Mates, as is I Want My Beloved To Be Happy.

What I'm saying is that Ship Mates is a classification that generally differs from shipper to shipper, and no ship can technically be called on Pair the Spares as it stands in canon.

Especially not Poke, good god no.

Last edited:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I'm not an avid supporter of any pairing in any fandom, but some I like more than others, obviously.

Pairing the spares means that you like one ship, the spares would be paired up so there wouldn't be an interference with your loved ship...

Nutella's "Let's Avoid Confusion" Post!
    =)

Pair the Spares: Canon (as in, this actually HAPPENED in the story)
    Ship Mates: NOT canon. (a fan-speculated/loved/accepted/whatever)

I can understand the mix-up, but you gotta check your sources before passing on info to others. Just in case you're wrong~

Example: I believe the most known "pairing the spares" example is Poke,Contest,Ikari,Wishful.

Just LOL. Last time I checked, PokeShipping is one of, if not, THE most popular ship IN ALL OF POKEYMANZ, and OUT OF ALL THE POPULAR PAIRINGS. Fan fiction is a good measure of what pairings are popular, so I got some numbers down:

Popular Ash Pairings:

Ash x Misty or PokeShipping [1,588 stories]
    Ash x May or AdvanceShipping [588 stories]
    Ash x Dawn or PearlShipping [509 stories]
    Ash x Gary or PalletShipping [317 stories]

Yup. PokeShipping is doomed to Ship Mates-hood, huh? =( 'TIS A SAD DAY. Yes, it depends on who you prefer to ship first, but as a generalised consensus, it looks like PokeShipping receives first priority. BY 52%, and more than those popular pairings COMBINED.

Strickly Gen-V speaking (as well as for current relevance), WishfulShipping being "Ship Mates", I hate to admit it, is wrong as well. Not inclusive of Misty, otherwise it's an insta-LOSS. Of course, there aren't a lot of fics to draw from yet, as B&W is the newest of the lot:

Dento x Iris or WishfulShipping, [26 stories]
    Ash x Iris or NegaiShipping [13 stories]
    Ash x Dento or CafeMochaShipping [9 stories]

Unsubstantiated bull is no good, brutha! Happy shipping everyone~

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Oh...I'm SO sorry!!!!!!!!!

I feel SO STUPID right now...And I AM... =(

I'm sorry for everything I've mostly said... I just want to give knowledge to my fellow shippers of anything so I'm sorry =( =(

Everyone makes mistakes and nobody is perfect so please forgive me guys...

Well, that out of the picture, I've at least joined the contest. I'm so excited for it!!!!!!!! =)

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Um, it's fine. I guess I can sound a lot ruder than I intend, so 'pologies about that.

So you've joined the contest, 'ey? Because of that damn contest, I got all these ideas and ****... thus, didn't do my essay. Oh well~ I have more time to do the essay than the contest! *WAHAHA*

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • :3 It's okies gunner, I'm not much into these things these debates these days and fan fics have never been my bag. I used to participate in the simpler naruto pairings thing and it already seems easier than pokeshipping. xD

That said, I'd like to see may and ash become something more,but Misty holds all the cards. Not in terms of time,but the fact that she directly has hinted towards loving ash. Whereas May has been influenced by Ash's pro-ness,but she is following Drew. >>>

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • This what usually happens during the series; we hope to have some of the old shipping expand a bit more and then here comes fanfics. We all knew that Misty liked Ash; it was obvious but then we go onto May and all the other females that traveled with Ash. Usually when they travel with them they start liking him since they are starting to know more about the character. At first sight Misty hated Ash in like episode 1 and 2 until she started traveling with him. I started turning into an Advanceshipper once I started watching the Hoenn series. Ash left Hoenn while May wanted to travel by herself so she is starting to go after Drew now while Ash is out of the picture. This is another shipping that I like as well so we don't know if Ash still likes May but at least she showed up during DP series and still had that same contest badge that they did back in Kanto. I don't know if he still has that contest badge now in BW. Dawn and Ash…I didn't pay attention to this shipping much since I dislike this shipping. I only seen a few shipping moments in it though then Iris and Ash. As much as I am a Wishfulshipper; I don't mind this pairing that much. They are starting to show a bit more of this pairing in the series.

Ah yes the discussion about the shippings of Ash; wanted to get a good discussion here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back