• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • Age 22
  • Asia
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
Curious, if you "disliked" that episode...how did you feel about DP 180? With the whole Ash/Dawn/Kenny thing.

The episode, in my plain opinion, was much rather a Pearlshipping episode than a PenguinShipping episode. I always had the opinion Kenny liked Dawn but she didn't feel the same way (which I'm sure in in one of the previous shipping debate threads) and then this episode sort of proved it. She wanted to go and cheer Ash on in the league, rather than go and travel with Kennny.

This is how I feel. Dawn pretty much comforted Kenny's one-sided crush by saying he looked cool beating Ash and despite Kenny winning - Dawn left him in favor of Ash. You could call her just a very good friend of Ash's for doing that, but DP180 was definitely an episode where Penguinshipping totally sunk. She didn't even say it in his face, she had to leave him a letter, lol.

That's how much Dawn thinks of Kenny. :P

He was never an interesting character, either. :/

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Oh my god! They killed Kenny!
YOU B*STARDS!!
R.I.P, Kenny's only chance at love :(

I am a Penguinshipper, but I won't deny the complete uselessness of his character. I felt so bad for him though, every time he got rejected. Pearlshipping is a bit...subdued though, IMO, since Ash friendzones every one of his female companions.

This picture pretty much summaraizes DP 180:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Haha, that picture! And yeah, Kenny was useless in the end... I felt sorry for him when he was cheap-shotted out of the GF. xD

About multishipping, I do that all the time! I ship Gilgamesh/Saber/Lancer in Fate/Zero, and Souji/all the girls in Persona 4. Pokemon isn't exempt from this, but I usually multi-ship game characters (Touko) more than anime characters.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
There is no ship that I liked a lot in Pokemon. Except Contestshipping, that's the only one I'm a fan of. Because everything else is theoretical and fantasy. In any of the Ash ships, I never felt any connection. With Pokeshipping I was naive and young back then. But--with Pearlshipping I felt something. It's too vague to judge anything out of it, but I can't deny there was something going on with this new matureAsh in Sinnoh. If it weren't for this cycle this series goes through...

That image makes perfect sense. Albeit Ash's primary problem being shown here. Kenny was extremely boring. His clothing proved him so. Just look at that sweater--speaks volumes compared to what Paul wears. Even with Conway you can tell he's a creeper.

Unova is devoid of such Ash ships, but I do see something with Cilan and a possible triangle between Iris and Burgundy--but Burgundy's looks more defined than Iris's. If there was a ship I could think that is going for Ash right now in Unova, it's with Bianca. Yeah, so shoot me now.

CommanderPigg

Years
Actually, out of all four girls, I found the relationship between Ash and Dawn to be the least plausible XD Probably because Dawn is almost equally blissfully naive about love when it concerns herself and has never been showing any signs of crushing on ANYONE in the series XD (Same goes for Iris, so I guess I can't defend either without some bias attached). I do agree that Ash was a bit more mature in Sinnoh, which made shipping him almost probable for once in his life! :O

Characters of the day have better designs than he does, lol. Doesn't help that he's stuck with one of the most common starter pokemon in all the anime.

No need to hide it, Ash x Bianca is cute too! I mean, think about this...nearly every time they meet up, Ash ends up nearly naked because of her. I'm starting to think that she's pushing him in the water on purpose...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
There is no ship that I liked a lot in Pokemon. Except Contestshipping, that's the only one I'm a fan of. Because everything else is theoretical and fantasy. In any of the Ash ships, I never felt any connection. With Pokeshipping I was naive and young back then. But--with Pearlshipping I felt something. It's too vague to judge anything out of it, but I can't deny there was something going on with this new matureAsh in Sinnoh. If it weren't for this cycle this series goes through...

I personally never got into Pearlshipping. Pokeshipping was alright for me until the fanbase of it just went up the hay wire when it came to making AMV's on other shippings with Ash. I started moving away from it. I had thought Advanceshipping was interesting, not even sure why to be honest but then I started liking Contestshipping because of one episode. The episode when Drew and May were stuck on the island. I forgot the name of the episode but because of that episode, I started thinking those two were actually pretty cute together but I defiantly agree about Ash being more mature in the Sinnoh Region.

That image makes perfect sense. Albeit Ash's primary problem being shown here. Kenny was extremely boring. His clothing proved him so. Just look at that sweater--speaks volumes compared to what Paul wears. Even with Conway you can tell he's a creeper.

Yup, Conway was defiantly a Creeper and even Dawn was afraid of him. I wouldn't blame her, him popping out of no where and stalking her.

If there was a ship I could think that is going for Ash right now in Unova, it's with Bianca. Yeah, so shoot me now.

I defiantly agree with this. Ash and Bianca seems to be having the most seen shipping moments. You would think a lot of people would go for Negaishipping or Trip x Ash. I think most shippers are getting a bit tired of the Ash x Main Rival and Ash x female companion which I don't blame them. I think this is Ash first time having a female rival so of course this is going to be interesting.

I'm starting to think that she's pushing him in the water on purpose...

Lol that to me is basically saying that Barry likes to knock into Ash every time he see him on purpose.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014

I defiantly agree with this. Ash and Bianca seems to be having the most seen shipping moments. You would think a lot of people would go for Negaishipping or Trip x Ash. I think most shippers are getting a bit tired of the Ash x Main Rival and Ash x female companion which I don't blame them. I think this is Ash first time having a female rival so of course this is going to be interesting.

In terms of Negaishipping, it's probably not more popular partly because of the "UR SUCH A CHILD" thing. People didn't like how she treated Ash earlier on in the series, and in turn it probably turned off people from the ship. Prior to Iris we had 8 years of the main girl kissing Ash's ass in May/Dawn, with their constant praise/remarks on how "awesome/incredible" he is.

Trip is just boring, so there's no surprise there. He's quite a terrible, and bland rival. I'm not surprised Ash x Trip isn't more popular. Comashipping, had more intensive interactions. Paul, and Ash got under each others skin. They clearly were effecting each other. When it comes to Ash, and Trip..there's really nothing other than "Hey let's battle!", to "I'll pass, I got other crap to do."

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
CommanderPigg said:
Probably because Dawn is almost equally blissfully naive about love when it concerns herself and has never been showing any signs of crushing on ANYONE in the series XD

Ash ends up nearly naked because of her. I'm starting to think that she's pushing him in the water on purpose...

Really? I thoguht I saw an episode or two with Dawn making those face-falls or whatever those are when Ash doesn't get a romantic moment with (for example) two Pokemon in love or humans in love. And I thought there was some blush scenes during those Lyra and Khoury episodes.

Either that or they're trying really hard to emulate the Barry collision sequences. I got really annoyed in one scene when she pushed him into a fountain in a city, but he was drying his clothes by setting up a campfire--in the middle of the street. I mean, seriously? Ever heard of laundromats?

AshPikastar said:

Now if that female rival was the main girl player (Hilda) instead of Bianca, that would've been better.

ZeroX5 said:
In terms of Negaishipping, it's probably not more popular partly because of the "UR SUCH A CHILD" thing. People didn't like how she treated Ash earlier on in the series, and in turn it probably turned off people from the ship. Prior to Iris we had 8 years of the main girl kissing Ash's ass in May/Dawn, with their constant praise/remarks on how "awesome/incredible" he is.

Heh, that actually made me laugh. "You think I suck? Kiss my ass." XD

I noticed they turned down the "You're such a kid" line in recent episodes. Perhaps they got some hint? Besides, she's got Cilan to deal with his rampant flamboyance.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
PRESENTS :D

Presents!!!!!11

Spoiler:

AshPikastar: Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
All of those...no any of them...they're not...great. It's not that I don't like the ships, I was disappointed by the Ikarshipping one, and it's not that I automatically hate AMVs, just those are bad. The subs on the Negaishipping are funny. I looked through my YouTube account finding where all my Pokemon AMVs I favourited were, but they're all back from 2006 and deleted >____> Some even have the thumbnails, this makes me so sad remembering ;_; And Pokemon nuudaru!!!1! Nuuuu DD: ...Oh, someone reuploaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjxveTwusY If they sold such cool stuff over here, I would soooo buy it. Oh, and this was one of the first AMVs I ever watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYQqF75XdNQ I forgot how cute Contestshipping was...

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
I am a major pokeshipper! pissed me off how they never developed anything with ash and misty just cause "they're young"..bs then why make them blush and have them jealous if a guy/girl came in their way, or have other ppl imply it as well? im sayin the next series they have they should definately put brock and misty back and have them develop something! it'll spicen up the show, something different :) like of course not too much cause realisticly ash doesnt seem the romantic type and he is still immature but come on some puppy love -__-

CommanderPigg

Years
Me and AMVs, we go waaay back. My first shipping AMV was from a Team Rocket website (that's been shut down, unfortunately). It was with the song "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson. To this day, I still associate that song with that pairing XD

Oh, this was before YT got popular, btw...like in early 2004-2005...so I had to download it with my dial up connection T_T''

Another Rocketshipping AMV I found around 2005-2006 was taken down, but I remade it with the same song. I don't think I did it justice, but it was also one of my favorites:
Spoiler:

I think that AMVs add a lot of character to a fandom. Since most pokemon shipping "hints" are visual, I think it's a great way of interpreting and expressing one's love for them XDD

And this is one of my favorite Ikari vids, by the fabulous Rissy-Chan (if you're an AMV ~sommelier~ like me, you've probably seen her around :P)
Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Re: I reply to ur comment on teh vidz i posted

All of those...no any of them...they're not...great. It's not that I don't like the ships, I was disappointed by the Ikarshipping one, and it's not that I automatically hate AMVs, just those are bad. The subs on the Negaishipping are funny. I looked through my YouTube account finding where all my Pokemon AMVs I favourited were, but they're all back from 2006 and deleted >____> Some even have the thumbnails, this makes me so sad remembering ;_; And Pokemon nuudaru!!!1! Nuuuu DD: ...Oh, someone reuploaded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjxveTwusY If they sold such cool stuff over here, I would soooo buy it. Oh, and this was one of the first AMVs I ever watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYQqF75XdNQ I forgot how cute Contestshipping was...

Liek i said, i didnt maek any of them. If you want to judge teh vidz, talk to teh creators of tehm, not me.

Me and AMVs, we go waaay back. My first shipping AMV was from a Team Rocket website (that's been shut down, unfortunately). It was with the song "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson. To this day, I still associate that song with that pairing XD

Oh, this was before YT got popular, btw...like in early 2004-2005...so I had to download it with my dial up connection T_T''

Another Rocketshipping AMV I found around 2005-2006 was taken down, but I remade it with the same song. I don't think I did it justice, but it was also one of my favorites:
Spoiler:

I think that AMVs add a lot of character to a fandom. Since most pokemon shipping "hints" are visual, I think it's a great way of interpreting and expressing one's love for them XDD

And this is one of my favorite Ikari vids, by the fabulous Rissy-Chan (if you're an AMV ~sommelier~ like me, you've probably seen her around :P)
Spoiler:

i see you have high expectations when it comes to amvs...

i dont see a single activ advanceshipper on tis thread... have i ended up dying alone all of a sudden? -_-

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
i dont see a single activ advanceshipper on tis thread... have i ended up dying alone all of a sudden? -_-

Do not fear! I am also an avid AdvanceShipper and totally love it... =D

For me, I do love AdvanceShipping first, Ikari second, and Wishful third. Though, I find CafeMocha cute and adorable and AshxBianca hilarious....

Seriously, Bianca does this on purpose.... Is she blind for not seeing Ash? It could have been Iris, or Cilan, or even Pikachu. I saw this hint when I watched Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader, which is my first BW ep that I watched and the first BW: RD ep, wherein Bianca pushes Ash into a fountain... And when Ash defends Bianca, that was so sweet... even though Iris forced him...

But back to my appearance here, Advance has one of the most strongest hints and popular shippings out there. Movie 9 and the Terracotta Ribbon is the strongest hints out there... Just saying... And the time when May had to miss the ferry going to Pacifidlog just to wait for Max and Ash tries to convince May to get on the ferry and he held May's shoulders.... That is also a strong hint. If Ash was older, he would have kissed her... Stupid writers... =/ That's all and please DON'T KILL ME!!! =D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
tumblr_m1dijf2Ikk1r1yhdwo1_500.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! HURR HURR. Please excuse my derpy moment.

If you've been watching recently, you'd know that Bel x Sawk is totally a thing.

Jalsy

RESET
Years

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021

The pokemon noodles was funny cute! haha..Oh, I miss Contestshipping these days..aftfer watching the video..*sighs*

I'm glad someone watched it :D There's Pokemon pan (bread) adverts somewhere too, they're so cute. I loved it when someone used to upload all the Japanese adverts with the episodes, they're so fun. They're allowed to have adverts more targeted to their audience in Japan, I hear if they're airing Pokemon in the US, they can't have Pokemon adverts in the break. Or so I've heard.

Listening to a combined Grin and Megumi Toyoguchi version of Kimi no Soba de, I miss the days when it was edited to sound like Shinji were singing XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back