• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

imunster

Chili Cheese Fries Are Yum.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Gosh, Chaining is frustrating, sometimes even though I go to the farthest patch, it's not the pokemon I'm chaining. Broke it a few times because of this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    shines make me mad

i'm aveing trouble trying to get a shiny charmander so whats the eaaasyiet way to get a legit shiny charmander i desprie plz help me

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Since Charmanders are unchainable, the closest would probably be Soft Resetting FireRed or LeafGreen. Then there's Egg hatching which is longer than Soft Resetting.

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    Hmm... Now, I have... *counts on his fingers*
    Oh, 10 now! Or is it 11... Anyways, I've noticed... with the Radar, none of the guides quite work for me... I do get rather lucky with it, though. As for seeing a shiny outside of chaining, as in a wild encounter, I've -never- seen one in my life. (Started a long time ago with Pokemon Red, played almost all of the color series (R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/D/P)).... so... is there some trick to it, or am I just unlucky?

trix

Dragon
    Years
    I got my second SR Shiny this morning, a Cherubi ^_^
    Obtained in one and a half hours of SRing
    Aww...
    Congrats on it!!! :)

Years
    Great job Trix! I remember trying to soft resetting for a shiny Darkrai (glitched Japanese Pearl); after about 800 resets and 10 hours of straight resetting later, I just gave up.

I do seem to have more patience for chaining though. So far I've managed to chain Floatzel, Smoochum, Flaaffy, Nosepass, and Skitty, all shiny.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I wonder if some people actually play with their shinies or just collect them.

True Justice

Years
    I wonder if some people actually play with their shinies or just collect them.

I think people tend to do a bit of both, it really depends upon the IV's of the Pokemon. I train the shinies that have good IV's but use the ones with bad IV's as trophys and leave them in my shiny box.

Facade

I Liek Fakemon :3
    Years
    I have one shiny Charmander, on fire red. I never play it anymore though.

I don't have any other shinys on my actual cartridges, as i play ROMs mostly.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Question. I've been hearing a rumor that if you breed a shiny with a ditto, your chances of getting one is better than just finding one in the wild, then I hear that it's not that your chances are just the same, can someone clarify this for me?

True Justice

Years
    Question. I've been hearing a rumor that if you breed a shiny with a ditto, your chances of getting one is better than just finding one in the wild, then I hear that it's not that your chances are just the same, can someone clarify this for me?

In Generation II, Shininess depended on IVs. So if one bred any Pokemon and a Shiny Ditto, the chances of the offspring being Shiny were as low as 1/64 because the IVs from Ditto were passed down in breeding. However from Generation III and onward, Shininess was its own seperate factor and always stayed at 1/8192, until Pokeradar.

So to answer your question, breeding a Shiny with a Ditto does not influence the chances of the offspring being Shiny. However for Generation II, breeding any Pokemon with a Shiny Ditto gives the offspring a 1/64 chance of being Shiny.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    Ya know, I would restart my Pearl due to hacked shinies, but I have these shinies that I don't want to dump:

Mew
    Rayquaza
    Charizard
    Dialga

>.> I know the chance of them being legit is very very low, but still . . D: And I have no Diamond to save them to. *sigh* T.T

HeavensNightSH

Got Diamond Nov. 20
    Years
    Well, during my second time playing the game, as in turning the power on, about 5 hours into the game, in the Eterna Forest, I was walking when I was attacked, and I was like "A purple Wurmple?" So i quickly googled it and learned it was a shiny Pokemon, I was pretty excited, even if it was only a wurmple, I then captured it, and now have a shiny Beautifly ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I lucked out with my Shiny Gastly. XD I was in the Old Chateau, just EV training my Shiny Deoxys(legit, from Birth Island :3), and BAM! A wild Shiny Gastly appears. Instead of K.O'ing it, I obviously caught it(I'd have to be insane not to!), and I lucked out on the Nature. It had a Modest Nature, and since Gastly leans more towards Sp. Atk and Speed, I all but got on my knees and praised teh PokeGods. XP

eric.402

<-- kewl
    Years
    ˙˙˙˙sʎuıɥs puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıdʎʇ

¡¡¡¡¡suʍo ɔı®€ osןɐ
    xɐɥ ǝsn ı ǝsɐnɔ ɯǝɥʇ ƃuıʇǝƃ ʇɐ ʞɔoɹ ı puɐ sʎuıɥs ǝɥʇ ןןɐ ǝʞıן ǝʌɐɥ ı

lolz i am good at that but im not telling you how...

and yeah i hack on the game

also what is 2+2?
    Spoiler:

Back