• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
    Years
    I only have two shinies: my first ever, a mightyena that I migrated from emerald. I was on my way to the safari zone and all of a sudden POOF, beautiful wolf lookin thing. XD My first and only (so far) shiny in diamond was an onix that I encountered when I was training for the pokemon league in on vicotory road. Named it Gem. :D
    Ive tried chaining and it just dosnt work well for me. I chained for hours and the longest chain I have on record is 29 Spoinks. My chains always break around 6, and I usually get bored and unmotivated and stop lol. Talk about short attention span...

Thats the same here, thats why I don't have any shinies. xD Before I restarted my game, I had a shiny Bibarel and Aggron Lol. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    ive gotten a few chains up in the mid to high 30s before

and i know one day im gonna get a chain to 40, but i dont know what a shiny patch looks like D:

does anyone have a picture?

Syo

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Yay!

Obtained my very first Shiny today! ^^

Shiny Charmander! <3
    Only took me about 3 hours of breeding to finally hatch one XD

I love it so much! I mean 'comon! Black Charizard FTW!

I plan on breeding more Pokemon to obtain some more, not sure what Pokemon to go for next =\

Anyways! I am now stuck with like 70 something Charmanders in my PC XD lolz

Good Luck Everyone! Happy Hunting! ^^

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    I only have 3 shinies. Lucky me.

A shiny Pachirisu, which someone traded me off the GTS, as well as a shiny Alakazam, which I got as an Abra, again, off the GTS.

And, I fished up a Magikarp, which soon became a shiny Gyarados.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I'm sad because i've never found one in the 300+ hours of playing any of the pokemon games, yet my friend who hasn't been playing Pearl for very long got a Shiny Ponyta. It's blue flames looks so cool...

But i'm not gonna give up. :D

Years
    The first shiny I got in my Pearl version, I got whilst going up Stark Mountain to get Heatran, golden Fearow, didn't have many pokéballs so had to use a masterball, sadly it didn't have a very good nature.
    I've only rescently got the knack of chaining so i've now managed to chain the pokémon that it says in my sig :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    ive found a shiny graogunk it ran away
    ive got a shiny azelf
    3 bidoofs
    a shiny shinx
    2 starlys and a shiny garchomp japanese from wifi

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    YAY!!!!!

I got my first shiny pokemon ever in diamond even whilst considering the gba versions. i was looking for a wild machop to trade for an abra in oreburgh city. it occured after meeting seven geodudes in row above oreburgh BOOM it just showed up a shiny kricketot. !!(chances 1/8192!!! didnt even end the game) i caught it and saved like 20 times...... just wondering what are shinies worth in trades

Years
    question. why would you consider trading a shiny you only have 1 of? kind of like the people who gave me shiny palkia heatran and deoxys... Well, come on Uxie (who I'm hunting, need I say more?)

Years
    I also got my 1st Shiny i got a Shiny Golbat but it's not good though...

I thought have a shiny pokemon would be great but i was hoping for something better.
    Just try Pokeradar then! SRing also works, but I've spent ungodly amounts of hours to no avail... I do have many shiny shinx, doduo, shellos & more, so it's easily possible!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I don't know what SRing is, and pokeradar is ticking me off. I was told I need to get a high chain, but it seems near impossible for me. the highest chain I've been able to achieve is 19 ralts, but no better than that, and nothing even close since that. _._

Years
    I don't know what SRing is, and pokeradar is ticking me off. I was told I need to get a high chain, but it seems near impossible for me. the highest chain I've been able to achieve is 19 ralts, but no better than that, and nothing even close since that. _._

Soft Resetting is resetting the game without having to reset the whole console. For GBA pokemon games, you press A, B, Start and Select. For D/P it's L, R, Start and Select. It takes a whole bunch for a shiny to appear though... Go to YouTube and type in phcphc14 and watch his chaining guide for help. Before that, if you want some basics, watch Shukochan's Chaining vid. And don't worry about pokeradar. You'll get a shiny by that chain amount eventually. I've gotten shiny aron at 15 and starly at 8. In fact, aron was my first shiny! Just keep trying... Anyways to stay on topic, I hope that pokeradar and SRing is still in and still works (respectively) in Platinum. If it's so much better, than you should need a chain of 20 and have 1/500 chances of getting a shiny! Which means it better get better!

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I'm breeding zillion of magikraps so if one is shiny i could get an old fashion Red scale gyrados!

I officially have a red Gyarados outside of G/S/C! Along with that, I have a shiny Shinx and shiny Turtwig (in sig, if you haven't noticed).

I hate pokemon like Turtwig when there shiny version looks almost the same lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    The only shinies i've caught where a shiny caterpie in fire red and a shiny Spheal *WOOT* in pearl

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I wish I had shinies... and I wish I could comprehend guides. -_-' But, I really can't chain over 19 pokemon at a time, so I decided, screw it.

The only shiny I ever caught was completely random... it was the first visit to Stark Mountain with Buck, and the first battle I ran into was a shiny magcargo. I named it shinyslug. Only shiny ever caught, and I think it will be the only one.

Years
    I wish I had shinies... and I wish I could comprehend guides. -_-' But, I really can't chain over 19 pokemon at a time, so I decided, screw it.

The only shiny I ever caught was completely random... it was the first visit to Stark Mountain with Buck, and the first battle I ran into was a shiny magcargo. I named it shinyslug. Only shiny ever caught, and I think it will be the only one.

Don't think like that! I was never gonna catch a shiny, then BAM. Chain of fifteen, I had earlier gotten it up to the 30's then it broke. I wanted to cry. I restarted chain, then I see this weird thing, but thought it was my imagination. I went to it. My Aron chain didn't brake, even though the patch had white on it. Aron was a common patch. *Arons Call* BLING! So, yeah. It's possible anywhere. I've heard of activate, then right away, shiny. I also got shiny starly at a chain of 8, so anything's possible! GL all!

Back