• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

KodiakBlackout

Espionage Expert
Years
  • well i tried chaining ralts . . got to 27 then got broke... by a KIRLIA xD

and then today i got to 39 ponyta when it brokw again T__T

not good =[

ill keep trying tho

MistressWani

Pokemon Artist~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    I'm really bad at chaining, so the ones I get, I run into by chance.

The ones I caught myself includes:
    Vulpix
    Pidgey-> Pidgeot
    Geodude
    They're all gold!

Trades(GTS) include:
    Palkia
    Ho-oh
    Bulbasaur
    Mew

I wish I had a shiny Furret. Pink is pretty!

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I bought a used copy of pokemon diamon(or was it pearl can't remember which i have both) and i went to pal park and pokemon were already stocked and the previous user left me with a shiny dusclops my first shiny

~AbSoul~

~Insert Snappy Joke Here~
    Years
  • these are my shinies:

Silver Version:
    Likitung (random)
    the red gyarados (lol)
    Magicarp (bred from red gyarados lol!)

Diamond Version:
    Graveler (random)

I also encountered a shiny Weezing in Diamond, but he used explode :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Quick question about shiny charmander

im looking for the best way to get a shiny charmander. so far im trying to just save right before i pick my starting pokemon in leaf green and resetting it if i do not get him. if anyone has any other suggestions i would greatly apprecaite them. thanks

Edit: i was also wondering if the picture of the starting pokemon will be shiny too since they show up before you actually pick it cause ill try all three if thats the case.

Last edited:

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • I just chained 47 Cubone... And then it broke, for no reason.

I've never seen anyone say "I chained (insert number over 40) and it broke" before.

Am I just REALLY unlucky to not encounter a shiny in the last 7? Or was I somehow missing the shiny grass patches? People say they are distinctive from the normal flashing grass, but are they really THAT distinctive?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just chained 47 Cubone... And then it broke, for no reason.

I've never seen anyone say "I chained (insert number over 40) and it broke" before.

Am I just REALLY unlucky to not encounter a shiny in the last 7? Or was I somehow missing the shiny grass patches? People say they are distinctive from the normal flashing grass, but are they really THAT distinctive?

They are obvious, and just because you reach over 40 does not mean ur gonna find one then. The longest it has taken me is like above 80.

Years
  • I just chained 47 Cubone... And then it broke, for no reason.

1. That's because everyone else stops building their chains once they've hit 40 and start resetting the radar until they see a shiny patch. The odds max out once you've hit a chain of 40, so there's no reason to keep building your chain. Stop it! :)
    2. Unless you're in something like a blizzard or a sandstorm, then yes, the shiny patch is plain as day. This is mostly because it flashes much more slowly than the regular flashing grass, and stays longer. Timing is the first thing you'll notice when something is in your field of vision, and it's the most tolerant of things in the way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    I have a shiny Elekid, Lonely with the following iv's and egg moves:
    10 - 19/0 - 2/10 - 13/15 - 19/30/31
    Ice punch
    Cross Chop

would anyone be interested in that?

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
    Years
  • My favorite shiny's gotta be Rayquaza. it looks better when it's black!
    Here are my shinies:
    Golbat
    Ho-Oh
    Butterfree (First ever, When I found it I said "OMG IT"S A GOLD CATERPIE!)
    Wingull
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Deoxys
    Rayquaza
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Arceus
    Floatzel
    These are just my first.... I have many,many more.....

Ulquiorra

Events-Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Im looking for shiny Palkia UT and no hacked, i have a lot events.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A QUICK GUIDE HOW TO CHAIN COZ I REALLY WANT SHINIES BUT I CANT FIND ANY SO PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO CHAIN POKEMON

Years
  • I got myself a shiny Buizel. My first ever shiny in the entire world. It's greenish colour which I don't really like, but hey, it's a shiny. I'm going to evolve it into a Floatzel.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    my shinies are

caught:
    zigzagoon
    magmar
    noctowl
    chimchar

gts:
    palkia
    dialga
    deoxys
    lugia

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    It's been awhile..

Where to start.. Since my Shiny Chingling encounter on the 5th of July, i've caught -

- 1 Shiny Baltoy
    - 4 Shiny Miltank
    - 1 Shiny Happiny
    - 8 Shiny Gligar
    - 4 Shiny Abomasnow
    And I made it to 40 in a Castform chain yesterday, with 2 Shinies before my chain broke, due to my Repel running out and me not realizing xP

The Baltoy chain broke soon after getting my first Shiny at 40, I slipped up, so to speak. Same for the Miltank chain, although really, i'm sure I just broke it 'cause I was bored - yeah! ';3

The Happiny appeared on a chain of 7, which also broke not long after. I didn't feel the need to continue after finding one.

And with the Gligar.. I found a slightly early Shiny at 39(which had atrocious IVs incidentally - 21 / 0 / 6 / 5 / 0 / 0..). When I found 6 Shinies I tried to break my chain, but after a couple of battles trying to increase my chain, I found a Shiny bush. One battle later and I find another Shiny bush :/

Abomasnow was good fun, it's all misty atop of Mt. Coronet, so it was tricky spotting the bushes quickly. I found an early Shiny at 26 too.

After all that, i've been chaining Chansey, mainly for Lucky Eggs and to train my Shiny Furret. But after experiencing three chains breaking on 9, I decided to go for something else. I had Eevee in mind, despite catching not too far off of 100 altogether in past chains, there's something about them that keep me coming back =^_^=
    Anyways, as I was SRing at Mr. Backlot to get him to mention Eevee, Castform popped up so I went with those, and caught the two Shinies.

No idea what's next, I have a few Pokémon which I want to train now, so I might chain something at the same time. I'll also be going back to Dialga SRing too.

Good luck, and congrats on the new Shinies :-)

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Hi, i'm soft resetting to get a shiny starter, just wanted to know how soon I can tell if it's a shiny, can you tell that they're shiny when iewing the whole team?
    xx

Totod!le

« SUCCESS
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I'm currently SR-ing for a shiny Aipom. Im at 3700 resets right now. I'd have more but it takes so long for one to appear on the honey trees. I have a Jolly Sync in front so hopefully it'll work when Aipom shines.

Back