• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I got a shiny shinx at chain 56 and by accident I went to wipe off my ds, touch screen part, and pushed run at 57 lol

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    I just experienced my first random encounter shiny.
    It was a staravia in Trophy Garden.
    I can't believe I have a legit shiny with me as the OT. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2016
    The only shiny I caught was a shiny Raticate in my Crystal Version. It took so many ultra balls. Unfortunately, no shinies on the 3rd and 4th gens.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    i don't what magic are you doing but for 4 or 3 years playing pokemon games i never catch at least one shiny pokemon TT__TT

Years
    In my lifetime, I've caught 2 shinies. But I have 3 shinies. One of them is a [sarcasm] totally legit Lv.1 Mew! -_-

My Shinies:
    1: Red Gyrados(Gold, Silver, Crystal)
    2: Gold/Orange Zigzagoon/Linoone(Ruby)
    3: Blue Mew(Pearl)

Charizard88

Great Competitive Trainers
    Years
    Well I myself have only got 1 shiny but I have dozens of them. I trade alot for them over wi-fi with people on other forums. But there is always that 2nd chance. All my chains break before 20 for some reason. xD

Years
    How do u chain shinies? Is there a good faq/website with help
    For basics, look up Shuko's guide on Youtube.

For more advanced strategies, look up 13mjvr's guide on Serebii, and the guide on Smogon. (links forbidden)

Always entering the 4-zone patch, and only if it has the same style of shake as the last patch you entered, and avoiding edges are the most important rules.

Years
    The first Pokemon I've caught as a shiny, in the 3rd Generation, was a shiny Marill, which I later evolved into an awesome, golden Azumarill ^^. Then I was looking for a shiny Electrike, but it too so long that I got bored and wasn't paying enough attention.. I almost ran from the shiny Electrike when it showed up but I caught it in the end. Then I kept playing, my battery died, and it was lost. -.-'

And a question before I waste my time: If you breed a shiny pokemon with the same shiny pokemon (opposite gender of course), will you get a shiny pokemon when you hatch the egg?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I caught a legit shiny Darkrai today in Platinum after 21 days of SRing. It has a Timid nature, thanks to my synchronize Ralts. The IV's aren't that great, but at least its shiny ^_^.

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
    I have caught 2 shinneys in my lifetime. Natu (now Xatu) in Ruby and Magnemite (now Magnezone) in Fire Red.

Lol, at a chain of like 3... I found a shiny bidoof, my bro was on the dunny, I was like WOOOOOOO! he was like "no u didn't! I was like YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I was ecstatic about it, today was pissed off outta my pyjamas, a chain of 40 Stunky! .... The grassy patch remained silent... F****N H**L!!!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I got a shiny shaymin in a trade yesterday. I so didn't know it was shiny so I was really grateful for it.

Years
    I was in Meteor Falls in Emerald, going to battle Steven, when I came across a green Golbat! I only had 3 great balls. The first two didn't work, but the third id. Then, I trained it into a pink Crobat with green inner wings. I also saw a gold execute and a gold ledyba, both in a safari zne, but missed both.:(
    But if anyone has one, I REALLY want An AR cheat to get a shiny Poochyena and for it to be shiny FOREVER in Diamond. But I don't want all my Pokemon to be shiny Forever. I want to be able to turn it on and off.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    I think its the same as normal.

Yay caught a a shiny machop in the 2nd chain (my first)

Back