• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

liveitout

What? Where?
Years
  • Same here, Catleia. I've seen two shiny Pokemon in Emerald, both in the Battle Frontier - a Vileplume and a Shiftry. Fortunately I have the save files to prove it. :D

wizzip

The one who's plants don't die
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2009
    I have these shinies:

Rayquaza
    Tentacool
    Oddish
    Gyarados x2
    Budew
    Cubone
    Staraptor
    Piplup
    Chimchar
    Squirtle
    Luxray
    Chatot

Yuuko

Ne ne~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    Some of the shiny Pokemon makes them look strange cause of their abnormal mix of colors. I never caught any though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2009
    Today I caught 3 Shiny Shellos on a chain of 48! It was my highest chain ever. Too bad Shellos doesn't have much of a difference from its shiny.

NatureKeeper

I tried chaining for a Staravia and Roselia but the chains were broken. Ditto's in, too...

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    I've had the game for 3 days and have jsut got a shiny bibarel! But it looks no different lol.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • One day, I was breeding Spiritomb and in one of the egg, it has a shiny one!
    And I haven't hack anything.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    another thing i forgot to add in my other post.

for some reason i found it easier to chain in the rainy route.

duno if this is coincidence but someone should confirm.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • The only Shinies I have are a Golbat and a Hariyama I caught in Emerald that I migrated to my Diamond...I'm probably gonna make Golbat happy over time and get a shiny Crobat :P

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • One day, I was breeding Spiritomb and in one of the egg, it has a shiny one!
    And I haven't hack anything.
    wow what are the odds of thta! O:
    anyway i wonce found a shiny bagonm
    on meteor falls while ev training
    i later than exported the shiny bagon to my
    pokemon platnum

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I currently have 3 shiny Pokemon.

Sadly, I can not get them back as they are stuck on My Pokemon Ranch and I lost my Diamond version. :(

But my first shiny Pokemon I have caught was a Shiny Mantine on Pokemon Crystal.

Years
  • i made a youtube showing some of my shiny chains
    its in my sig if anyone wanna check it out

Zulo

T3h AwEsoM3
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    I always drop whatever I'm doing and train my shinies to level 100 as soon as I get them. I have (level 100) Electivire, Magmortar, Gallade, Tropius, and Milotic. The Gallade is my favorite, though I got it over wi-fi and it's probably hacked...

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years

• ...i just chained two shiny ralts
    for the first time..:cer_giggle:...
    its really cool=]...i never thought
    i could chain a shiny one...
    :cer_giggle: YAY!! go for me...:cer_giggle:

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2009
    I have pokemon ruby ..

I was moving in dewford cave and by the ultimate shiny chance , I caught a shiny makauita ..

I was lucky , very lucky !!

now i have alot of shinies by trading them in pearl

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm going to try and get my little brother a shiny Azumarill as a good luck charm. He's competing in the Video Game World Championships. Shiny Azumarill looks awesome; in the qualifiers, his own (non-shiny) Azumarill played a major role in winning him the finals :) I'll go for it after getting him a couple of Pokémon for his team; wish me luck!

Oh, and the last shiny I found (and caught) was a shiny Mesprit in my Platinum :D

cressalia2001

Out of my mind...Be back soon.
    Years
    • SC
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I caught a shiny Machoke once, on Platinum. Can't really remember that well, but I don't even think I was using the PokeRadar. I was looking for a Swablu, I think. I was ver much interested in getting all the legendaries at the time, so I offered it up for a Dialga. I don't know why, but someone was willing to trade their lvl 70 Dialga for the lvl 28 Green Machoke. Maybe they wanted a shiny Machamp, I dunno. You would never see me doing that. Oh well. Bye.

Back