• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Well then I'll have to use my starter for the first couple gyms because Magikarp and Silcoon can't do crap, and I can't get Mareep until the Safari Zone. I'm probably screwed.

Ampharos: Cotton Spore and Three punch moves
    Gyarados: Must have Surf, Thrash, and one non attacking move.
    Beautifly, can't evolve from Cascoon until after Winona.

Yeah I'm screwed.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Well then I'll have to use my starter for the first couple gyms because Magikarp and Silcoon can't do crap, and I can't get Mareep until the Safari Zone. I'm probably screwed.

Ampharos: Cotton Spore and Three punch moves
    Gyarados: Must have Surf, Thrash, and one non attacking move.
    Beautifly, can't evolve from Cascoon until after Winona.

Yeah I'm screwed.

You can't use your starter; just evolve Magikarp solo run till after Winona pretty much; you have to use a Silcoon for fist gym. That is why its a challenge :) !

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Now I'm DEFINITELY Screwed. Silcoon would do like 1 HP damage to the Rock types, and get OHKOed by Rockthrow and Rock Tomb.
    Magikarp only has splash until like, level 15.
    And Ampharos is my only good one.

If i SOMEHOW manage to make it through the first gym... wait can Cascoon learn Bullet seed?

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Now I'm DEFINITELY Screwed. Silcoon would do like 1 HP damage to the Rock types, and get OHKOed by Rockthrow and Rock Tomb.
    Magikarp only has splash until like, level 15.
    And Ampharos is my only good one.

If i SOMEHOW manage to make it through the first gym... wait can Cascoon learn Bullet seed?

I'll change the restrictions on Silcoon. Can evolve whenever but may not have any STAB moves.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Thanks, I just need to have Absorb KO Nosepass in one hit...

I shudder at the thought of having to defeat the first gym with Silcoon... I mean I know it's supposed to be a challenge but come on that's just impossible.

Years
    Name: Itz Spadezz
    Game Name: Spadez
    Game: Blue
    Number of Pokemon: 4
    Restrictions: No restrictions do whatever.

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Its Spadezz, take a Poliwrath. Must catch it as a Poliwag and cannot evolve into a Poliwhirl unless it solos Blaine's gym or defeats Giovanni's Dugtrio in his gym. May not know Surf or Bubblebeam and must keep Bubble! Have fun!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It's been a while since I gave some love to this challenge, so let's see if I can keep up and update again.

Alternative's Scramble Challenge!

Game: Pokemon Crystal
    Emulator: VisualBoyAdvance

At the beginning:
    - Waited until night to catch a Hoothoot, called it blaQk.
    - Plowed through the trainers on Route 29.
    - Plowed through the trainers on Route 30.
    - Grinded Blade up to level 10.
    - Grinded blaQk to a suitable level.
    - Caught a Bellsprout, and traded it for Rocky.
    - Grinded Rocky to a suitable level.
    - Plowed through the Bell Tower, got HM05 Flash
    - Went over to battle Falkner's underlings.
    - Battled Falkner, obtaining the Zephyr Badge, as well as TM31 Mud-Slap

My Pokemon So Far:
    Blade Lv. 10

- Tackle
    - Defense Curl

blaQk Lv. 10
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Foresight

Rocky Lv. 10
    - Tackle
    - Screech
    - Bind

Badges:

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Spadezz, you can have a Raichu. It cannot evolve from Pikachu until after Giovanni. It cannot know Thunderbolt or Thunderwave and must know Thunder and Flash

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    I have beaten the Elite Four and claimed the throne to myself

Sidney
    Easy peasy.
    I used Zlasha to defeat Mightyena, but it was defeated by Cacturne quickly, so i switched to Bunnit and defeated Cacturne and Sharpedo with Brick Break and Llusol's Sunny Day/Weather Ball took care of Absol and Shiftry.

Phoebe
    Once again, easy. Gotcha's Crunch took care of things here.

Glacia
    I tried to use Zlasha but it fainted again. Nevertheless, I killed the entire team with just one rollout from Bunnit

Drake
    was a bit harder, but not much so. Zlasha was finally able to get 3 Swords Dances up, so the team was killed with consecutive Crush Claws. Salamence gave me some trouble, though, by defeating my Zlasha with a Dragon Claw. I was stuck in a corner, and I had to use Bunnit's bulk to save myself. Llusol helped by setting up Sunny Day, helping Gotcha in the process, to chip away at Salamence's health. However, they were taken down, and a Surf from Bunnit saved the day (after Sunny Day expired, of course).

Steven
    was insanely hard.
    The Skarmory was easy with Llusol's Sunny Day/Weather ball
    But then Metagross came out. It outsped and OHKOd most of my pokemon, and Bunnit could barely cause any damage. I was stuck, but then I came up with a strategy. I got Bunnit to continuously use Full Restores and Defense Curls, until its defense was at maximum. However Metagross was using Psychic, which did barely less than a 2HKO. So I waited until its Psychic PP ran out, then all of Metagross's attacks were rendered ineffective by my high defense. I then proceeded to chip away, using Surf. I knew that a critical hit from Metagross could screw me over. I got lucky, and succeeded in defeating Metagross. One of the hardest fights in my pokemon training career. The rest of the team was easy, but I ran out of full restores, so i had to be conservative. I finally barely managed to defeat steven, earning myself the championship crown.

Sorry for the wall of text, it was one of the most epic battles I've ever had, and it deserved it.

Ruby Scramble Challenge!

:t303: Mawile - Gotcha - lv 52
    Must have 2 Dark type moves, and either flamethrower or fire blast.
    Fake Tears
    Crunch
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam
    The moveset was pretty good, but the Special Attacks combined with her low Special Attack made her less of a fighter. Still useful when she could get in a super effective hit.

:t184: Azumarill - Bunnit - lv 53
    Must have Defense Curl and Rollout, can only evolve after Meteor Falls.
    Defense Curl
    Rollout
    Brick Break
    Surf
    The MVP. High Bulk combined with Huge Power makes a good fighter. I thought Defense Curl+Rollout was going to be crap, but i underestimated it. It was what allowed me to win.

:t335: Zangoose - Zlasha - lv 50
    Can only use moves in learnset.
    Swords Dance
    Crush Claw
    Taunt
    Fury Cutter
    The LVP. I think that he could have been better, but I kept him underleveled, as i thought he didn't need it. I was wrong, and he kept getting defeated in one hit at the E4, made it hard to setup Swords Dance.

:t351: Castform - Llusol - lv 52
    Must have Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Thief.
    Sunny Day
    Rain Dance
    Weather Ball
    Thief
    Was very good in setting up weather effects, Sunny Day for Gotcha, and Rain Dance for Bunnit. It also had a really good attack, Weather Ball, but it had to set up to use it, so, not as useful.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I'll join too!
    Name: ZeEliteChicken
    Game: FireRed
    Number of Pokémon: 6
    Restrictions: Please no magikarps, caterpies or abras other than that I'm fine!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    ZeEliteChicken: You can have a Mankey that must keep all it's moves that you capture it with. Like if you caught it and it knew Karate Chop and Leer, it must always know those two moves.

I should get to updating my challenge soon.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I'll join too!
    Name: ZeEliteChicken
    Game: FireRed
    Number of Pokémon: 6
    Restrictions: Please no magikarps, caterpies or abras other than that I'm fine!
    Take a Metapod!! Take an Ivysaur. You have to keep it as a Bulbasaur until it has all Grass or Poison moves (Leech Seed and Poison Powder count). May not evolve into a Venusaur at all

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Take a Lapras, Ze. It may only know one water OR ice type move that attacks. (For instance, Mist and Rain Dance don't count.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Lapras- It may only know one water OR ice type move that attacks
    Mankey- that must keep all it's moves that you capture it with.
    Bulbasaur- Needs all grass/ poison moves to evolve in Ivysaur. May not evolve into a Venusaur at all
    Nidorino-. It must know counter, and it can only evolve after beating at least 4 Gym Leader's Pokemon with Counter
    Hitmonchan- It may only know the elemental punches and one status move

-
    I need 1 more!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Hey guys, it's me. I'm back for Winter Holidays, so be expecting a large update soon. Maybe later today.

I've updated a good chunk of it. I'm on page 9 right now. The rest I'll update tomorrow.

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Username: Porygon Z.
    Game: Platinum.
    Team: 4 members + 1-2 HM Slaves.
    Restrictions: Just for HMs. Give me two Mew. And one between Surf and Rock Climb must go to one of the team members. If possible.

Back