• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    More updates!

-Defeated Jasmine (WOOP lvl. 38, PINECONE lvl. 26)
    -Caught a Hoothoot and taught it Fly
    -Caught the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage
    -Cleared Team Rocket out of Mahogany Town
    -Picked up a Dratini (DRACO) for my team
    -Got the EXP Share (Yay!)
    -Defeated Pryce (WOOP lvl. 41, PINECONE lvl. 31, DRACO lvl. 14)
    -Cleared Team Rocket out of Goldenrod's Radio Tower (WOOP lvl. 45, PINECONE lvl. 31, DRACO lvl. 27)
    -Caught a Poliwag (WRATH) in Ecruteak (fishing)
    -Passed through Ice Path and defeated Clair
    -Defeated the Elite Four
    -Took the SS Aqua to Kanto and defeated Lt. Surge and Sabrina

Other team updates:
    -Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl before the Elite Four
    -Dratini evolved into Dragonair
    -Pineco reached level 40 and evolved into Forretress (also before the Elite Four)

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Chapter 2: This Could Easily Be a Solo Run:

My titles are so imaginative. But there isn't much to say. Combusken is dominating, and this hasn't been slightly hard yet (granted I almost died when I fought May's Marshtomp, but I was in control). I went through Granite Cave, decimated the trainers on Slateport's beach, and got a six pack of soda for my efforts. Not bad... Went through all the usual story stuff of course, and ended my session in front of the Mauville Pokecenter after defeating Wattson and every other trainer accessible in that area. I have a seriously strong Poke... If I do this challenge again I may have to specify getting at least one more Pokemon before gym #3 (or even #2).

Badges: 3

The Team:

Combusken (Level 32)
    Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd)
    - Quick Attack
    - Double Kick
    - Focus Energy
    - Ember

Next Time:
    Hopefully a new Pokemon on the team :) I have that massive stretch of land before Falabor ahead of me, so I'm positive that I will get Blaziken there. Falabor also means that Zangoose is in the picture one route later, so it's looking like Combusken won't get to hog all the EXP anymore...

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Name: Snow Phoenix
    Game Name: Frozen
    Game: Heartgold
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Must be obtainable on Heartgold without trading or hacking.

I hope to be able to do this while away on break :3
    Meganium. No grass moves and must have Reflect and Light Screen

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
    Years
  • Name: IanDonyer
    Game Name: Brendan
    Game: Emerald
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: Must be obtainable on Emerald without trading, for the simple reason that I can't trade. Also, please use type variety. Dual-Types as an exception (example, I'm more than willing to use a Ludicolo and a Sceptile).

Evolutionary restrictions, move set restrictions, all other things like that are free. This oughta be fun.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    SnowPhoenix: Unown. Its Hidden Power must be one of the following types: Fire, Ice, Ghost, Rock, Electric, Water, Fighting (your choice).

IanDonyer: Take a Camerupt. It must learn (and keep) Fissure, and you must teach it Toxic from TM06.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • @Snow Phoenix: Take a Venonat, it can't evolve.
    @Ian Donyer: Take an Aron, can only evolve into Lairon, and must always know Mud Slap

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • In that case Ian, take a Budew, it can evolve to Roselia whenever, but can only evolve to Roserade after you go through Victory Road.

King!

better
    Years
  • Name: Snow Phoenix
    Game Name: Frozen
    Game: Heartgold
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Must be obtainable on Heartgold without trading or hacking.

I hope to be able to do this while away on break :3

You can have a Sunflora. :3 You need to name it Sonny and it needs to be shiny

It must know Toxic and all the other moves must be STAB. :3

Ian, you can have a Drifblim. You cannot evolve Drifloon until after you beat Fantina. :D

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Chapter 3: Another Member Joins the Team:

Last time around, I beat every trainer accessible up until Mauville, and crushed Wattson. This time I did more trainer-beating, but finally added a new Poke to the team- Zangoose. Thank god for the spacebar on VBA, because powerlevelling the newly caught lvl 17 took a fraction of the time it would on a cartridge. Flannery was beaten (even though Zangoose fell to Torkal!) and I explored the desert to west. I chose the claw fossil, just incase Anorith makes a good HM slave...? Either way, I eventually made it back to home sweet Petalburg, and saved in front of the gym. Norman's next >:]

Badges: 4

The Team:

Zangoose (Level 31)
    Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
    - Slash

- Crush Claw
    - Swords Dance
    - Fury Cutter

Blaziken (Level 37)
    Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd)

- Quick Attack
    - Double Kick
    - Focus Energy
    - Blaze Kick

Next Time:
    Norman, obviously. He should be pretty easy with Double Kick and bits of Zangoose thrown in for fun. After he's defeated I will get surf, and that means one step closer to Carvanha and Tropius. Expect both of them in the next update. I presume I'll be doing a lot of grinding, and I also think I'll save the surf routes for training Tropius... Should be a lot of fun.

ChariChu

~ take a drink from my hands
    Years
  • Snow Phoenix: Your sixth Pokemon shall be a Magcargo. The only fire-type move it can have is Ember. ;D

Doing this under the King!'s orders. Not really, I was asked nicely. xD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Probably should give an update shouldn't I? tl;dr I just beat the Elite 4. Now to just conquer Kanto and Red, and we'll be done ^_^ Extremely long play time due to speeding up in VBA to like 1000% speed....yeah can't control it all that well =3

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    XD I love you for calling the Corsola Gyorg.

Also, Ian, im confused. When you switched to Diamond, did you still use all your pokemon that was given to you before, or did you start over?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • IanDover, you get a Bronzong. It must learn Toxic (via TM) as soon as you get the TM, and always know it throughout.

Last edited:

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • I'm up for this!

Name: Hallylicious
    Game Name: Kiiroi
    Game: Ruby
    Number of Pokemon: 3
    Restrictions: I wouldnt even care if i'm stuck with a plain old Wurmple for the entire game, so go ahead.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Ian Donyer gets a Gabite that cannot evolve further, and it must know Sand Tomb and use it at least once for every Gym Leader.

Hallylicious gets a Wobbuffet. Must have Encore. Can only evolve after fainting a trainers pokemon whose level is at or below Wynaut's level. Get it?

Back