• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Ok my team is:

-Snubbull That can't evolve and must have charm
    -Smeargle That can only sketch opponent's moves
    -Infernape Must know Flame Wheel (only fire move) and Mach Punch (only fighting move)
    -Bidoof with NO HM MOVES and can't evolve until 4th town/city
    -Staraptor that can't evolve until you get 6 badges, and can't learn Return.

Mzmingle, you get an Illumise that must know Moonlight, Wish, and Encore

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Umm... Heheh. I just loaded my VBA and hit... SHIFT+F2 instead of F2. Oops. My file is now nice and erased completley :) So, unfourtunately, it looks like I'll have to bow out of my challenge! I was at Fortree and had just beaten Winona... ALMOST DONE! Oh well... My team was complete and playing with those Poke's was a nice change of pace for me. So, thanks to all that gave me my Pokemon, I'll try not to foul up next time i do a challenge... >_<

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Are you going to start it up again, or do you give it up?

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • Maybe later... Ya know the feeling of working hard at something then it immediately going down the drain -_- I will probably get back at it, but that's a bit discouraging for now. I will still hand out some Pokes to people who ask though.

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • Sorry everyone but i would like to change to leaf green, ive done too many challenges on ruby as of late so i would prefer a change.

But 3 pokemon, go ahead give me anything :)

PlatniumPiano

Years
  • @Hallylicious: Get yourself a Tangela. Can only have one attacking move... I know it comes late in the game, sorry!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Update time!

My Restrictions are:

-Snubbull That can't evolve and must have charm
    -Smeargle That can only sketch opponent's moves
    -Infernape Must know Flame Wheel (only fire move) and Mach Punch (only fighting move)
    -Bidoof with NO HM MOVES and can't evolve until 4th town/city
    -Staraptor that can't evolve until you get 6 badges, and can't learn Return

Long Update:
    Spoiler:

The Team:

Spoiler:

And, Hallyicious, you get a Charmander, that can only evolve to a Charmeleon once it learns flamethrower(level 31), and can only evolve into a Charizard once it learns fire spin(level 55)

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • Alright, my team is

Primape. No fighting moves and must always know scratch
    Tangela. Can only have one attacking move
    Charmander, that can only evolve to a Charmeleon once it learns flamethrower(level 31), and can only evolve into a Charizard once it learns fire spin(level 55)

Am i right in saying that i have to keep those moves on Charizard? Im going to nonetheless.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Well, after a Christmas delay, I finally finished my challenge on Gold! Here are the details:

Final Team:

WOOP (Quagsire) lvl. 76
    -Ice Punch
    -Water Gun
    -Return
    -Earthquake

DRACO (Dragonite) lvl. 75
    -Surf
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch
    -Outrage

PINECONE (Forretress) lvl. 67
    -Strength
    -Protect
    -Bide
    -Double-Edge

WRATH (Poliwhirl) lvl. 61
    -Whirlpool
    -Surf
    -Body Slam
    -Hypnosis

Reflections: I heavily favored WOOP for a lot of this run, and as a result, I didn't get to use PINECONE or WRATH as much as perhaps I should have. For a fair portion of the game, WOOP was my only Pokemon, and even after I got other Pokemon, I still used WOOP more than anyone else. Perhaps this was because Quagsire was a key member of my Gold team back when my cartridge worked, or perhaps it was because WOOP was higher-leveled than my other Pokemon by the time I added them to my team. DRACO became an important team member in the concluding portion of the run, and I really enjoyed getting to use him, as I'd never done anything with a Dragonite before besides train it to level 55 and dump it in my PC. PINECONE saw some use, but its lack of moveset variety and low speed stat discouraged me from using it as much as my other team members. WRATH occasionally battled, but was mainly pulled along by EXP Share. Getting a Water Stone was too much of a hassle, and given that I already had another water type on my team, I didn't feel that motivated to use Poliwhirl. Still, I enjoyed trying it out.

I might do another scramble challenge at some point in the future, perhaps on a newer game. Good luck to everyone else with this challenge!

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Bored, so I'm doing this again, this time on a newer game =D

Name: Jake♫
    Game Name: Jake
    Game: Fire Red
    Number of Pokemon: 4
    Restrictions: Nothing too awful, again =3
    - Venusaur, can't evolve until Ivysaur learns Growth, must always know Poison Powder
    - Primeape, only Fighting move is Karate Chop
    -
    -

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    @Hallyicious no, you don't have to keep the moves but you can if you want to

@Jake you get a Primeape, that must always know Karate Chop (only fighting attack)

EDIT: Since no one has posted I will do my update here

Restrictions:
    Spoiler:

Update:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Ok he's another update:

Restrictions:
    Spoiler:

Update:
    Spoiler:

Writing the update like a story was a lot more fun than righting in bullet form, but took a lot longer. I might combine both next time.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Not joining, just tellin jake what to do.

Jake, Kabuto, must not evolve, must learn Waterfall and keep Harden forever.

Mainly because i like Kabuto, it's so cute over Kabutops, but Kabutops is good too.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    totally shameless bump... almost off the first page!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Sorry guys, I'm gonna be dropping out of this one. I don't really have time, and I'm not motivated either.

I may rejoin in the future, but it's unlikely.

ComiTurtle

The cake is a lie.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I'm going to try to breath some life into this thread by rejoining.

Name: ComiTurtle
    Game Name: Comi
    Game: Heart Gold
    Number of Pokemon: 5 (last space for hm slave)
    Restrictions: Free

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    @ComiTurtle: You get a Slowpoke/Slowbro that must use Slack Off every three turn in gym battles.

EDIT: I think my original one would be too annoying to be useful.

Last edited:
    Back