• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ones that got away...

Years
    So, as you start to level up, you'll see Pokemon run away from you. And a stupid amount of Pidgy's.

So, which has been the most painful, great escape you've had to bare witness too?

Currently, it was a Charmander in the wild; threw one ball, jumped out instantly then ran away before I could do anything else. rip.​

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    A wild wartortle. Well it didn't run away exactly but I got a nice red Error banner on top of my app and then it was gone

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    The Squirtle at Starbucks...

He's still the discrepancy between my caught and seen numbers. I even waited around for a while to see if he'd ever show back up, but no. Still kinda sore about it because everyone else in the car got one but me. :|

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    A Hitmonchan I found at my neighborhood park. I threw one ball, it escaped, and then ran away. It's the only Pokemon I've seen that I failed to catch (so far).

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    A wild Squirtle. :(

Tried berries and ultra balls, it kept getting out and finally ran away.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Nothing really painful (yet), but a stupid amount of bugs have been fleeing from me consistently after relatively few attempts and I don't know if it's just a coincidence or bugs really hate me, lol.

They're not even good Bug Pokemon, so I'm not sad or anything but I'm a little bit like ">:o u wot" when low CP Caterpies, Metapods and Weedles keep fleeing from me after 2-3 throws, more than any other Pokemon. Wasting my Pokeballs. >:(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I used a berry and I had thrown it correctly every time but I lost a Starmie with ??? today :(

Years
    A Clefairy showed up and halfway through my attempts to catch it the app said "error" and brought me back to the map immediately with nothing showing on the map. Bummer. But then the Clefairy popped up again after 30 seconds, then immediately disappeared from the map for another 10 seconds or so only to pop up once more. I battled it, but after several tries it ran away.

I'll miss you, glitchy fairy mon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I've had a number of pokemon flee, such as Magikarp. One day I had like 6 pokemon flee in a row, including Pidgey and Rattata.

As well as the freeze ball pokemon, Zubat, Goldeen, Krabby.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Last night I had a 440 Tentacruel run away from, 7 times I threw a Great ball, sometimes with and sometimes without a Razz Berry and each and every time it got to two shakes and then would pop back out until it finally ran away. Whats worse...everyone else in my group got one... :'(

One day Tentacruel....you shall be mine...

Years
    All of my failed attempts were due to app crashes/freezes.

Butterfree, Dratini, Shellder, and Golbat. That Dratini haunts me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Yesterday I noticed a Scyther that was 3 footprints away, Ifollowed the compass in the direction it was and as I walked it got closer until finally it popped up in view.

After it popped up I stopped walking, it was close enough to appear on the screen but not close enough to click on it, after about 3 seconds it disappeared. Let's just say pokemon that appear on screen should always be clickable. Or at least stay visible for more then 3 seconds...

I mean it's strange, the other day I saw a Meowth and I had to run to it so I could click on it, but a Rattata appears and if I look behind me I can see a speck floating in the sky and still can click on it if I spam click over it. Moral of the story is if a pokemon appears on screen you must run to it as it could teleport away after 3 seconds.

I mean it probably would have fled anyways but at least it would have counted as a seen.

Years
    My first Bulbasaur got away from me after chucking 20 Poké Balls, then the game froze completely and I had to exit. Checked hoping I caught it but nope it wasn't there. Hnnng in my area all I see are Squirtle so I really wanted that Bulbasaur. Gonna have to go over there again this weekend.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Last night I battled a Nidoqueen for like 5 whole minutes before I gave up and ran...

I used sooooo many Razz Berries and all of my Great Balls. It didn't show her CP, but the circle was red and I'm guessing it had to be over 1000. I was so mad because I never see many Nidoran(f) in my area - it would take FOREVER to get one of these through evolution. :| Ugh, I bet I would have caught it if I was one level stronger too. I would have had some Ultra Balls to chuck at it.

Back