• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ones that got away...

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    The one that got away :(

Hi guys

So today a tried to catch a 800 cp Hitmonlee, but … It ran away! :/ i used berrys and not even a ultraball could catch it.

So .. What are the chances that i will ever run into it again?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    My friend found a Squirtle last night, and he didn't even know who he has (He's one of those *I want Pikachu then I'm uninstalling* people). He lost it. And my phone was dead.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    While they didn't necessarily "get away," from me, I'm been trying to track down this elusive Scyther and he keeps disappearing from my nearby list.

I really wish tracking would start working again. This mad hunt is getting a little frustrating.

Anopheles

Half Man Half Biscuit
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Today, a jynx. I was a passenger in a car. She went one way, we went another. I've just found she's quite rare in the wild.

Nr the McDonalds across from Salford Crescent station, if you know the area.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Just had an encounter with an incense Poliwag. As you've probably seen in other threads, Poliwag is one I'm desperate for right now to evolve into one of my favourite Pokémon and I only need one more Poliwag worth of candy for it. Been two days since I found a Poliwag now and this one just ran away after I wasted 4 great balls on it. Sad times :(

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    A Scyther with a CP level of ??? appeared right outside my workplace when I was on break. I tried to catch it, but I couldn't even hit it with a Pokeball. It ran away.

A decent-leveled Bellsprout kind of made me feel better.

Azelf Ibrahim

Good thing I'm here! No? Anyone?
    Years
    Yesterday I was trying to catch a Nidorino on a bus, after several attempts of using Razz berries and Pokéballs, it fled.

I ended up catching a Nidoran♂ today though.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Wartortle for me. :( To make matters worse, my friend caught it and she was like 5 levels lower than me. Wouldn't stop going on and on about catching it either. Erughhhhhh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Raichu T_T

But I got this today

Also, anyone see the "Bonus" like this before???

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Raichu T_T

But I got this today

Also, anyone see the "Bonus" like this before???
    Bliiiiiiiiimey that is one heck of a Vaporeon. Colour me jealous! Shame about the Raichu but I would be very happy with the 1.8k CP Vaporeon haha. The bonus I believe is just the Excellent catch bonus but sometimes it won't call it that for some reason. Not sure why but I've had the same happen before.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    I found a Squirtle in my cousin's driveway and it ran away. There was nothing I could do. Someone please comfort me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Had a Snorlax shadow in the 'nearby' tab yesterday which is a Pokémon I've been dying to get hold of for ages, but unfortunately I just couldn't find it for the life of me. A friendly guy told us it was outside the GAME shop nearby so we headed down there and took a look in every nearby alley and shop but the Snorlax just wouldn't appear. Depressing times! I'll get you yet, Snorlax...

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    The first jynx I ever saw got away yesterday, caused unevenness in my Pokedex stats :(

But then I caught one this morning, so all's well XD

Back