• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Painfully Slow Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    DO NOT READ THE SPOILER!

Spoiler:

Due to major difficulties, I can't finish my first update. It's a story not worth telling. Anyway...the next update is from the end of Driftveil to Victory Road.

Update #2 on White.
    • Started in Driftveil Gym.
    • Owned Clay. I realised Psychic type moves don't do well against Steel types.
    • Owned Bianca.
    • Survived Route 6.
    • Reached Chargestone Cave.
    • Owned N in Chargestone Cave after surviving it.
    • Arrived in Mistralton City.
    • Went to Celestial Tower.
    • Caught Bell Masta the Elgyem in Celestial Tower.
    • Rang the Celestial Tower bell.
    • Owned Skyla in the gym in Mistralton City. Elvis did the entire job without being touched.
    • Beat Cheren near the Twist Mountain entrance.
    • Crossed Twist Mountain in 5 minutes.
    • Arrived in Icirrus City.
    • Owned Brycen. I hate Beartic now.
    • Beat the Team Plasma grunts in Dragonspiral Tower.
    • Went to the Desert Resort to look for the Dark Stone with Alder and Cheren.
    • Arrived in the Relic Castle.
    • Got the Plume Fossil, and owned the Team Plasma grunts in the Relic Castle.
    • Got the Dark Stone from Lenora back in Nacrene City.
    • Got Roshi (From DBZ) the Tirtouga from the Nacrene City museum by having my fossil turned into a pokemon.
    • Quickly went through Route 8.
    • Beat Bianca for the final time at the entrance to the Turbline Bridge.
    • Crossed Turbline Bridge, having a short chat with Gethsis on the way to the exit.
    • Dashed through Route 9.
    • Arrived in Opelucid City.
    • Listened to part of the second speech Gethsis rambled on about.
    • Went to the gym.
    • Survived the gym.
    • Beat Iris after a rough gym. Not so tough after I got Fraxure and Haxorus to sleep with Dream.
    • Got a Master Ball from Juniper.
    • Healed, then headed for Route 10.
    • Awesome music. :D
    • Cheren...PREPARE FOR OWNAGE!

For the E4, I have this thing planned and ready to go, but you'll have to wait to see it.

Team Blissy

Dream (Musharna) Lv. 44 @ Big Root
    Ability: Syncronize
    Moves: Dream Eater, Psychic, Nightmare, Hypnosis

Elvis (Boldore) Lv. 47 @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Mud-Slap, Strength, Rock Slide, Headbutt

Bell Masta (Beheeyem) Lv. 43 @ Lucky Egg
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Hidden Power, Imprison

Roshi (Tirtouga) Lv. 36 @ Exp. Share
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Surf, AncientPower, Crunch, Brine

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    About time someone else posted! Now then, first update on Sapphire (HUGE like Xbox):
    - Chose Mudkip, did all the boring intro stuff.
    - Went on the way through to Petalburg City, talked to dad, did the tutorial.
    - Went on through to Rustboro City, fighting trainers.
    - Caught a Nincada, then a bunch of Zigzagoon strictly for Pickup and HMs. Pickup is extremely helpful.
    - Grinded to Lv16, then fought the gym. Mudkip soloed Roxanne.
    - Went to Dewford Town, got Flash, went through the cave without using Flash, got an Everstone for Mudkip, delivered the letter.
    - Did a little grinding, then beat the gym.
    - Went to Slateport, fought the trainers and Team Aqua, blah blah blah.
    - When Nincada reached Lv20, I ditched Ninjask for Shedinja.
    - Went north fighting trainers. Fought May. She's tough when you just have a Mudkip and Shedinja.
    - Went to Mauville, beat Wally, beat the gym. It was the toughest gym yet because Mudkip is weak to Electric and Shedinja (with 1 HP) kept getting confused by Supersonic, then hurting himself.
    - Went north and caught a Numel, bought the necessary coins for Flamethrower for Numel, fought available trainers.
    - Went north all around through to Meteor Falls, got Dig for Shedinja on the way.
    - Stopped and healed when I got back to Rustboro, then went back to Mt. Chimney and beat Team Aqua.
    - Went down to Lavaridge Town, healed, then went to the gym. Numel soloed Flannery.
    - Beat the trainers in the desert, then went to Petalburg city, beat the gym.
    - Got surf, then fought all the trainers on the water and at the abandoned ship.
    - Surfed east and fought the trainers on the route to the Weather Institute and Fortree city, including Team Aqua.
    - Caught a Kecleon to replace Mudkip, trained him to match the rest of my team at Lv38.
    - Beat the gym. It wasn't too tough.
    - Went south to Lilycove City, healed, then went to Mt. Pyre and fought the trainers there, got the Blue Orb.
    - Fought the remaining trainers to the south.
    - Went back to Lilycove, beat May, went to Slateport to find out about Team Aqua, then beat them at their hideout.
    - Fought all available trainers on the newly accessible water.
    - Now then, the Mossdeep Gym must prepare to get pwn'd!
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

Final update on Sapphire:
    - Beat the Mossdeep Gym, went to the Seafloor Cavern and took care of Team Aqua.
    - Went to Sootopolis, beat Kyogre in the Cave of Origin, then beat the gym.
    - Fought all remaining available trainers, including at Meteor Falls (where I also got Iron Tail).
    - Went through Victory Road, fought every trainer, then did some grinding and used my 15 Rare Candies (thank you Pickup slaves) to bring my team to Lv63 across the board.
    - With the Elite Four, everyone dropped like flies. A lot of their Pokemon couldn't touch Shedinja (some that could didn't use their effective moves for some reason).
    - Then, there was Steven. He wasn't too hard, only had to revive once. I hate the fact that he has 4 Full Restores. My battle with Steven can be viewed here.
    Final team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    First update for Platinum:
    - Chose Piplup, beat Barry, did all the boring intro stuff.
    - Fought trainers on the way to Jubilife City, did what needed to be done, went east, beat Barry.
    - Continued east fighting trainers, reached Oreburgh City.
    - Went to the mine, fought the trainers there, found Roark, went to the gym and beat him. (all this time cancelling Piplup's evolution)
    - Went back to Jubilife, beat Team Galactic, went to Floaroma Town, fighting trainers.
    - Beat the Galactic Grunt in front of Valley Windworks.
    - Went back to the Meadow, took care of the grunts, then got a female Combee in the Honey tree.
    - Boxed Piplup, then caught a Shellos, trained both Shellos and Combee to Lv16.
    - Took care of Team Galactic in the Windworks, then healed and went north through Eterna Forest. Combee evolved on the way through.
    - Went to the Eterna Gym and took care of Gardenia.
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

I plan to do this one with only these two Pokemon. My slaves are currently Piplup and Geodude.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Username: atif
    Challenge type: Single
    Game: Platinum.

I love doing these things!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    atif, you're in the list!

Next update on Platinum:
    - Went to the Galactic Building and took care of Jupiter.
    - Got the bike, got the Explorer Kit, got Togepi egg (used as Flash slave).
    - Biked south, fighting trainers, healed, then went to the cave (can't remember its name) and fought those trainers.
    - Fought the remaining trainers on the route to Hearthome City, then healed.
    - Met Mom at the contest hall, then went to the gym.
    - With Fantina, Duskull and Mismagius got Thief'd to death by Vespiquen (also stealing Mismagius's Sitrus Berry :P). Then, Haunter was taken out by a single Hidden Power (Ghost, 63 base power) from Gastrodon.
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years

If you don't mind, can I change my game to Silver?
    Alright, I'll go ahead and do that!

Next update on Platinum:
    - Went on to Veilstone City, beat the gym there.
    - Went south, fighting trainers, till I reached Pastoria City. Beat the gym.
    - Chased down and beat the Galactic Grunt, then fought remaining trainers between Pastoria City and Hearthome City.
    - Went north, took care of the Psyduck, then went and got Surf, blah blah blah.
    - Fought all the trainers on newly accessible water routes.
    - Surfed to the town west of Jubilife (can't remember the name).
    - Went to Iron Island, beat the trainers, got the Riolu egg, boxed it.
    - Went to the gym and beat it.
    - Talked to Rowan, then took care of the lakes.
    - Went north to Snowpoint City, fought all those trainers.
    - Healed, then beat the Snowpoint Gym.
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Sign-up Form:
    Username: AlexOzzyCake
    Challenge type: Extreme!
    Game(s): Diamond (For now, may upgrade to the ultimate challenge depending on how this one goes)

Pokemon will include Dusclops, Torkoal, Wynaut, Togepi, Makuhita and Munchlax. ^^

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Sign-up Form:
    Username: AlexOzzyCake
    Challenge type: Extreme!
    Game(s): Diamond (For now, may upgrade to the ultimate challenge depending on how this one goes)

Pokemon will include Dusclops, Torkoal, Wynaut, Togepi, Makuhita and Munchlax. ^^

I'm sorry, but the first 5 Pokemon you mentioned there cannot be legitimately obtained in Diamond without the use of the PokeRadar or during a swarm. However, in Platinum, you can acquire Dusclops and Togepi. Note that also Munchlax is extremely difficult to find. Due to its extreme difficulty of finding, you may hack it in if you want, or trade it in if you are able to.

If you still want to do Diamond, please make sure all of your Pokemon can be obtained legitimately.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Oopsy, didn't read the part about no trading - was planning to trade over eggs of each from HG. I'll rethink the team a bit...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Not sure how detailed to make the posts but started on Diamond yesterday, have reached Eterna gym and am saved infront of gym leader who's gonna be a challenge - Galatic base at Valley Windworks was pretty easy, no real problems so far. Roark was easy too. Rival's got Turtwig. Started with Piplup... Errr, not sure what else to put. :3

Current team
    Piplup (Level 26, Has tried to evolve many times but has always been stopped)
    Graveller (Level 25, Evolved from Geodude caught in Oreburgh Mines)
    Combee (Level 19, Female, got incredibly luck on second honey tree! Will evolve ASAP)
    Bidoof (Level 4, HM Slave)

Hoping to add a Bronzor->Bronzong from Wayward Cave after beating Gardinia and Togepi->Togetic after hatching the egg in Hearthome City :D

Further update...

Have beat Eterna gym (wasn't actually as hard as expected due to a lot of grinding beforehand), went down cycling road and talked to Dawn, got to Hearthome City and won a couple contest ribbons with Piplup - Combee evolved against Barry, went to Solaceon Town and got seal case etc, am now at the cafe before the Psyducks. ^^

Current team
    Piplup (Level 27, Has tried to evolve many times but has always been stopped)
    Graveller (Level 27, Evolved from Geodude caught in Oreburgh Mines)
    Vespiquen (Level 25, Evolved from Combee caught in honey tree west of Valley Windworks)
    Bidoof (Level 4, HM Slave)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Since no one's posted in over a day, I may as well keep on up dating... :p

Reached Veilstone City and got the badge very easily using mostly Vespiquen (Lucario was the only slight annoyance...), helped Dawn out in getting back her Pokedex, did some gambling on the slot machines for fun, made it down the PAINFULLY LONG routes to Pastoria City (Wowee I forget how long they are!), got Defog from the person in the great marsh, killed Wake using mostly Combee & Piplup, talked to rocket grunt outside great marsh and defeated Barry easily, spent ages catching a croagunk to keep in a PC box (because it's sooo cute!) and caught a Pachirisu for the same reason. :p Also was quite miffed when my egg from Hearthome hatched into a Happiny - I wanted a Togepi! :(

Current team
    Piplup (Level 32, Has tried to evolve many times but has always been stopped)
    Graveller (Level 30, Evolved from Geodude caught in Oreburgh Mines)
    Vespiquen (Level 34, Evolved from Combee caught in honey tree west of Valley Windworks)
    Bibreal (Level 18, HM Slave)

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
    Hey deoxys121, I really want to start the Painfully Slow Challenge but I have a few questions:

How exactly do I sign up?

Also, can HeartGold or Soulsilver be used instead of Gold, Silver, or Crystal? Sadly my copies don't work anymore... man I sound like a newb...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    deoxys121 hasn't posted in a while so I'll help you out until they get back...

How exactly do I sign up?

Fill out this form and post it on here :)

Sign-up Form:
    Username:
    Challenge type: (Single or Ultimate; Normal or Extreme)
    Game(s):

Also, can HeartGold or Soulsilver be used instead of Gold, Silver, or Crystal? Sadly my copies don't work anymore... man I sound like a newb...

Are you doing the ultimate or single challenge? Basically you can substitute Gold/Silver/Crystal for HeartGold or SoulSilver if you want to, and I'd assume it's the same with FireRed/LeafGreen. :) If you're doing the ultimate challenge you'll need to play all 5 Generations, if you're doing the single challenge you only have to do one game. :)

Hope this helps!

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
    Thanks man!

Sign-up Form:
    Username:ScubaDouch3
    Challenge type: Ultimate
    Game(s):LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, White

PS: Do I get to use the fancy "Painfully Slow" signature?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back