• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Painfully Slow Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    First HG update: Did all the boring starting stuff, chose Chikorita, got up to Mr Pokemon's house, beat rival, caught Spinirak, kept Chikoria as a slave (will be cutting, strength, rock smash, etc), caught Geodude, grinded a little, beat sprout tower and falkner, caught wooper, grinded some more, made it through union cave and caught a sandshrew and grinded one final time to get him up to the level of the others, beat slowpoke well and bugsy, made it through the stupid farfetch event in the forest, got headbutt for potentially getting a pineco later, evolved spinirak and wooper, now about to face Whitney. (:

Current Team
    Sandshrew (level 23)
    Ariados (level 23)
    Quagsire (level 22)
    Geodude (level 22)
    Chikorita (level 10, HM slave)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Sign-up Form:
    Username:
    Challenge type: Ultimate; Extreme
    Game(s): Blue[Emulator] | Crystal[Emulator] | Emerald | Pearl | Black

Planned Team[Pearl]:
    074 Geodude - 40/80/100/30/30/20
    173 Cleffa - 50/25/28/45/55/15
    204 Pineco - 50/65/90/35/35/15(National Dex only, so nevermind.)
    436 Bronzor - 57/24/86/24/86/23
    438 Bonsly - 50/80/95/10/45/10
    446 Munchlax - 135/85/40/40/85/5
    I wrote out their base stats to help me choose which Pokemon that I was going to use. I figured that I'd leave them there.

Also, I'll be doing this at the same time as I do the Unevolved Challenge, making it that much more challenging :D
    I'll be starting out with Pearl. I'll probably do either Black/Emerald after that, and then whichever one I didn't use then I'll use after that.
    Then I'll have to go and download the Emulator.

UPDATE #1:
    -Me and Wat? were attacked by Starly; I got Turtwig.
    -Prof. Rowan gave me his lecture, and a Pokedex.
    -Mother gave me a Journal; I rushed through Route 202
    -Went to Route 204 (South) to get a Pineco... realized I could only get him once I had the National Dex, so I went a little further north and caught a Lv5 Male Geodude, "Geo," in the Ravaged Path.
    -Went back to Jubilife and got a Town Map and Poketch, ditched Turtwig and trained Geo a little.
    -Defeated Wat? and continued through Route 203 to Oreburgh.
    -Challenged Roark, Geo swept his team with his newly acquired move: Magnitude.

MY TEAM SO FAR:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Next HG update: Beat Whitney, did more of the story stuff, beat Sudowoodo, did more story stuff, eventually got up to and beat Morty, did some Pokeathlon for a while, evolved geodude, went up the lighthouse, got amphy's medicine and beat Chuck (I think that's his name?), beat Jasmine, now on the way to Mahogany town.

Current Team
    Sandshrew (level 38)
    Ariados (level 35)
    Quagsire (level 36)
    Graveller (level 32)

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Ok, time for my first Kanto update
    • Beat all the trainers on the Ship headed for vermilion and did the quest for the metal coat.
    • Challenged lt surge, won mostly thanks to quagsire.
    • Skipped Saffron for the moment, got my second kanto badge from Erika in Celedon.
    • Went to cerulean, beat all the trainers near the nugget bridge, did the power plant quest, beat misty for my third Kanto badge.
    • Went to Lavender to get the new radio card, went to the west to grind before the next gym.
    • Beat Sabrina. Its a good thing I had Forretress.
    • Lv grinded on the two paths leading to Fuchsia.
    Team as of now: Togetic, quagsire, forretress, corsola and sunflora all at level 50.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Update #6 for Black:
    - Gonna be kind of vague here: I fought every trainer on every newly accessible area, and got some better TMs to teach my Pokemon some better moves, including Energy Ball for Musharna, and Stone Edge and Earthquake for Carracosta. I also fought and beat Cynthia.

After grinding a little bit to bring Escavalier to Lv75, the Elite Four is going DOWN!
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Next HG update: Beat the the Gyrados, Rockets and Pryce (whom was eaaassssyyyy!), cleared the rockets out of goldenrod, made my way over to Blackthorn whilst catching a Swinub in ice path (since they're sooo cute! shan't be used though D:), beat Claire, did the annoying dragon's den quest (waste of a slot for waterfall...), got master ball, cleared victory road and beat Gerard (Rival) with ease, bought a poo load of full restores after selling loads of stuff, then tackled the elite four. Will was a piece of cake mainly due to Ariados and Graveller. Koga was slightly harder due to his annoying stat/status moves, but eventually was defeated without too much trouble due to the three ground types. Bruno was fairly hard, had no real advantages over him but pulled through and beat him with a few heals. Karen was very easy thanks to Ariados and Graveller killing 5/6 pokemon whilst Sandshrew did the Spiritomb. Finally beat Lance after trying twice, he was hard! Relied mainly on rock attacks and luck, but eventually made it through and became Johto champion! Now time for Kanto... Have already beat Surge very easily (hooray for ground types!) and will next be challenging Sabrina.

Current Team
    Sandshrew (level 55)
    Ariados (level 55)
    Quagsire (level 56)
    Graveller (level 54)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    The rules have been updated again with my suggestions. Trick Room is now banned.

I will not be able to attempt this challenge until I get a Supercard, as I don't want to resort to emulators given my history with them. Once I get a Supercard, I will begin an Ultimate.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Further HG update: Have been playing this far too much today... Beat Sabrina, did the power plant event, beat Erika, beat Janine (veryyyy easy), beat brock, beat Gerard (rival) in Mt Moon, did the Suicune event, beat Misty (that girl was hard!), beat blaine (and this dude was the easiest yet!), talked to Blue and beat him with a slight amount of trouble, beat loooaaaadddsss of trainers around Kanto. Now time for the elite four again then onto Red! But that'll wait till tomorrow.

Current Team
    Sandshrew (level 65)
    Ariados (level 64)
    Quagsire (level 66)
    Graveller (level 54; abandoned training for now but stays on team)

Last edited:

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    This is most likely going to be my second to last update. The end is very close now.
    • Challenged the Fuchsia gym. Poison and confusion made it hard, but I pulled through.
    • Backtracked to Vermilion to get snorlax and go to Pewter City.
    • Challenged brock. Easiest gym battle EVAR.
    • Went to mount moon, beat rival IDK again.
    • Went all the way to pallet town, beating all trainers along the way.
    • Went to seafoam to battle blane.
    • Level grinded on the sea route.
    • Caught articuno (it was majorly annoying)
    • Went to the elite four again to get some levels.
    • Beat blue, getting the last badge of the game
    • Fought Clair and Lance in the dragons den back in johto.
    Quagsire @lv 58, Corsola @lv 59, sunflora @lv 58, togetic @lv 58, Forretress @lv 57.

Seeing as nobody has posted since the last time I did, I'll just edit my last post for my final update of heart gold.

-Beat my rival for the last time at the entrance to the pokemon leauge.
    -Did the second round of the elite four. It was suprisingly easy really.
    -Navigated through Mount Silver.
    -Took on Red. I was REALLY underleveled, and I had to item spam some. Still, in the end I was able to win. Forretress' many resistances really helped out, as did Corsola being able to deal a ton of damage with mirror coat.

My final team: Corsola @lv 61 w/surf, mirror coat, refresh, rock blast
    Quagsire @lv 62 w/ earthquake, blizzard, yawn, waterfall
    Sunflora @lv 60 w/ leaf storm, sunny day, giga drain, leach seed
    Forretress @lv 60 w/ payback, gyro ball, explosion, bug bite
    togetic @lv 60 w/ fly, shock wave, psychic, fire blast
    Oh, and my sunflora was a solar power one btw. I didnt try to cheat using his other ability. I just wanted to clarify that, it did take me awhile to find a useable sunkern with solar power after all.
    So yeah, thats that. I might come back for a second round of this challenge some time in the future but I'm not sure about that atm.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Final update for Black:
    - Fought newly available trainers at the Big Stadium and Small Court.
    - Did a little more grinding, then used 6 Rare Candies to bring my team to Lv79, then I flew to the Pokemon League.
    - Shauntal wasn't hard. For the most part it was Shadow Ball, Stone Edge, and Aqua Tail. I countered Cofagrigus's Will-O-Wisp with a Rawst Berry. :P
    - Grimsley was also easy. Megahorn, Earthquake, and Aerial Ace took care of him.
    - Marshal got soloed by Musharna with Psychic. I only had to use 2 Full Restores.
    - Even the Metagross-owning Caitlin was easy. Musharna's Hypnosis was countered with a Chesto Berry. Crunch, Shadow Ball, Stone Edge, Earthquake, and a Swords Dance/Megahorn combo. With that combo, Bronzong didn't stand a chance.
    - Then, there was Alder. He wasn't too tough either. His Druddigon was a bit of a pain to take down, though. My battle with Alder can be viewed here.
    Final team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Congrats to Deoxys, well done!

Final HG update: basically just grinded a lot on the league/gym leaders (only a couple available though D:) and taught my team some better moves, then beat Red. Wasn't too hard, it mostly went okay other than Venasaur and Lapras. :3

Final Team
    Sandshrew (level 83)
    Ariados (level 82)
    Quagsire (level 85)
    Graveller (level 54; abandoned training for now but stays on team)

Decided to just got for the ultimate challenge now, doing LeafGreen next ^^

First update: Chose Bulbasuar... Hellyeah! All for now ;D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    No one's posted in ages... So I'll update :p

First and final LG update: Well, this is the whole game in one post. Basically went through all the gyms, beat the rockets, beat the league, did the islands and re-beat the league. Way too much to update on singularly but didn't want to spam the thread since no one else had posted... But yeah. The league was somewhat tricky, not too hard though either time. The hardest person to beat was the final rival, he needed a couple heals. The islands were fun and easy and had some cool stuff on them. But yeah... So, finished LG, onto Sapphire next. ^^

Final Team
    Lickitung - level 87
    Sandshrew - level 86
    Parasect - level 81
    Slowbro - level 80

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    No one's posted in ages... So I'll update :p

First and final LG update: Well, this is the whole game in one post. Basically went through all the gyms, beat the rockets, beat the league, did the islands and re-beat the league. Way too much to update on singularly but didn't want to spam the thread since no one else had posted... But yeah. The league was somewhat tricky, not too hard though either time. The hardest person to beat was the final rival, he needed a couple heals. The islands were fun and easy and had some cool stuff on them. But yeah... So, finished LG, onto Sapphire next. ^^

Final Team
    Lickitung - level 87
    Sandshrew - level 86
    Gloom - level 81
    Slowbro - level 80

Whole game in one update? Never done that before, myself, but you're definitely going through fast! Especially with having to do the second round of the Elite Four.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Whole game in one update? Never done that before, myself, but you're definitely going through fast! Especially with having to do the second round of the Elite Four.

Well I've been playing LeafGreen for the past three days pretty much non-stop, but since no one's posted since my first update I didn't want to spam the forums with countless updates. :p Incidently, Sapphire's going to be waiting a while before starting.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
    All right, Round 2 complete! Now onto Heartgold, which I'll probably start tomorrow.
    For anyone who cares, here's my finishing team:

LV:73 Parasect (Portabello) -
    Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Spore
    Solarbeam

LV:73 Graveler (Bedrock) -
    Double-Edge
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Rock Throw

LV:73 Porygon (Beta) -
    Tri Attack
    Psychic
    Thunder
    Ice Beam

LV:74 Snorlax (Darcy II) -
    Shadow Ball
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Body Slam

LV:73 Rhydon (Longhorn) -
    Earthquake
    Double-Edge
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide

LV:74 Slowbro (Hank) -
    Surf
    Flamethrower
    Psychic
    Blizzard

PS: How do you put a line through a word? I'd like to do that with Leafgreen since I'm finished with it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    All right, Round 2 complete! Now onto Heartgold, which I'll probably start tomorrow.
    PS: How do you put a line through a word? I'd like to do that with Leafgreen since I'm finished with it.

Congrats! :) To put a line through a word, write [ S ] and [ /S ] around it, but don't include the brackets ^^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    *cough* So yeah, gonna start Sapphire now... Not that this thread seems to be alive any more... x3

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
    Nah I don't think its dead, people just don't update that often because they're busy. Anyways, here's my Heartgold status:

• Picked Totodile and proceeded to Violet City.
    • Grabbed the Slugma egg from Primo and hatched it.
    • Blew through Sprout Tower.
    • Beat Violet Gym.
    • Caught my Wooper.
    • Caught an Onix and traded it to my Soulsilver to evolve it into Steelix.
    • Went through Union Cave and caught a Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well.
    Now I'm owning Azalea Gym, which shouldn't take much longer :)

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Finally, I started my challenge, since I decided to breed my team to have a good Nature and IVs, then trade the guys to my Challenge's game. Also, I've taught some TMs, to make my game funnier. And gave some Eviolites.

Right now, I'm at the gates of the Twist Mountain.

Egg Moves/Move Tutor - TMs/HMs

Vespiquen Lv. 39 - Brave - Bug Bite, Power Gem, Heal Order, Toxic
    Makuhita Lv. 40 - Brave - Bullet Punch, Belly Drum, Force Palm, Smellingsalt
    Slowking Lv. 38 - Quiet - Surf, Psychic, Trick Room, Hidden Power [Fire]
    Ferrothorn Lv. 40 - Sassy - Curse, Rollout, Gyro Ball, Power Whip
    Togekiss Lv. 39 - Quiet - Fly, Extrasensory, Wish, Magical Leaf
    Camerupt Lv. 39 - Brave - Amnesia, Lava Plume, Rock Slide, Earthquake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back