• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Day 19 - A song from your favourite album

Since I have quite a lot of favorite albums, I'll just say Los Vaqueros: El Regreso, and the song would be Zun Zun Rompiendo Caderas.

[agelimit]ages 13 and over[/agelimit]

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Shutterbugg by Big Boi from the album Sir Luscious Left Foot. Such an amazing album, anyone who loves hip hop should definitely listen to this, as well as people looking to get into hip hop.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    We're just about two-third through this one... would anyone like to see more challenges like these? A film one, or a TV one or anything else? Feel free to respond either here or by VM-ing me your thoughts/feedback. Anyhoo, on with the show:

Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry

'Chiquitita' by ABBA: When I'm angry, I need to listen to calming music or I'll just end up being in a mood all day. This is the ultimate calming song, so feels right at home answering this question.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry

I'd have to say Winter Wrap Up. It's so lively I can't feel angry.
    /inb4 My Little Pony is for little girls

That, or Stick a Banana in Your Ear from a Charlie the Unicorn episode. It's so funny I can't feel angry when listening to it.

Oh, I'd love to see more of these. Including one for TV music.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry.

Earth Wind & Fire - Fantasy

A little more info...

It'a a lovely song with great, soothing lyrics and a lovely sound to the song. It's a real feel good song and it would cheer anyone up if you were down in my opinion.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio

For some reason, and I don't know why, but Madness with NW5. I never heard it on the radio, and as it is now a song that is a fan favourite, as well as thanks to some audio players that allow you to listen to a song with radio like quality, it just fits a radio's graininess.

Ooh, a toughy. I don't really have a favourite album as such, but if I had to pick an album, it would be Reel Big Fish's A Best of Us For the Rest of Us! A re-recording of their old favourites they played whilst on their last record company (which they fell out with), it just feels... Fresh yet also nostalgic.
    One such song on the album:

Day 20 - A song you listen to when you are angry

Interesting, I seem to listen to Would You Be Impressed by Streetlight Manifesto, due to it's sense of disaster, but also because the change from "It's Not My Fault" to the last line of "It's All My Fault" makes me feel relieved of a burden. Dunno why that is.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 20

I'm sure some people like calming down when they're angry, but I prefer to listen to something fast and in my face. Misfits - Last Caress is the perfect way to do that.

Years
    Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
    Are there enough Judas Priest songs left for all the positive questions in this? Sure there are. My pick here would be Jawbreaker. While the lyrics carry some implications some might dislike, the sound would still be somewhat acceptable for radio stations. Anyway, I think I can't really say anything of importance, so...

In my opinion nothing beats Judas Priest's Painkiller, that album is just perfect. Let's take the title track here.

Day 20 - A song you listen to when you are angry

I'm currently lacking the words to explain why, but I think Death in Fire by Amon Amarth is a great way to both cure or fuel anger.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy

'You! Me! Dancing!' by Los Campesinos!: Yes, that's a lot of exclamation marks, but the song pretty much justifies all the happiness and dance-worthiness the name suggests. It builds and builds until it erupts in a musical orgasm: a joyous song to listen to, and one that I listen to when I'm in the best of moods.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I don't really listen to certain types of music depending on my feeling, but I guess this would be a song that I like to listen to when I'm in a good mood:

BIGBANG - Tonight

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Guess I forgot to check in yesterday. Almost forgot to today, too :P
    Only remembered when I came back to start a monotype challenge.
    I apologize in advance for the long post. At least I don't post 234234 videos in mine, like some people. I only link to them ;D

Day 19 - A song from your favorite album

Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three Different Ones)
    Album: Animals

Everything about this album is amazing. It opens with Pigs on the Wing part 1, a quiet acoustic piece. Then it goes into a 17 minute epic: Dogs. Dogs starts out with an acoustic intro with vocals and a synth keyboard backing. 4 guitar solos are thrown in throughout, and there is a LONG synth section in the middle, containing only synth and sound effects (whistling, dogs barking, etc.) Next is the 11 minute long Pigs (Three Different Ones). Pigs has powerful vocals, a funky bass line, an awesome keyboard part, and an incredible talk-box guitar solo. After Pigs is a 10 minute song: Sheep. It has a great bassline, awesome keyboard, haunting vocals, and the best outro you've ever heard. The album wraps up with part 2 of the acoustic Pigs on the Wing.

-----

Buckethead - Watching the Boats with my Dad

This song is so slow and calming that it makes me feel much better. I don't like being angry most of the time.

-----

The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun

The Beatles are always an uplifting band, and this is one of my favorites of theirs. Just a generally cheery song. It's even talking about something happy. Who wouldn't be happy listening to this? :P

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years

"Nobody Listened" by Delta Goodrem
    I listen to this song anyway, but I really get in the mood for this song when I'm angry or lonely. I find that when I'm experiencing negative emotions, I prefer to find music that matches the mood rather than music that alleviates the said emotions.
    Spoiler:

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Day 19 - A song from your favorite album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3NcwfOBzQ

Revolver is arguably one of the Beatles' best works. This is but one track off the album. Tomorrow Never Knows is full of psychedelic experimentation, including backwards tape loops. John Lennon even went as far as putting his vocals through a revolving Leslie speaker cabinet, used mainly for organs.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday

Don't know why, but I seem to listen to International Jet Set by The Specials when I'm in a really good mood. Have no idea why, the song is quirky and weird...

Years
    Thinking of it, I haven't been truly happy for quite a while. At least not when listening to music. Distracting myself from the negative things of life is my main use for it, so this is yet another quite hard one for me. In fact, after about 5 minutes thinking without result I think I will have to pass on this one. The way I use music just excludes the possibility of me finding an answer since it means that when I am happy I have no need for music.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy.

Gary Moore - Blood of Eneralds.

A little more info..

There is no particular song that I listen to when I'm happy. I'm happy most of the time anyway. I just kind of picked out a song at random and this songs does bring a smile to my face when I'm listening to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back