• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The two most recent questions are quite problematic for me...

Day 16 - A song you used to love, but now hate
    The problem here is, I either still love songs that I used to love or at least have some nostalgic feeling about them, which is positive as well. Thanks to my main musical influence in younger days being my grandfather who exclusively listened to classical music I didn't listen to these typical horrible child pop bands. If I wouldn't have done that, it would have been easy picking a song for this question, but as it is, there is none.

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio
    Again, there is a problem, this time it's that I never listen to the radio. When in summer 2009 I couldn't avoid it due to attending driving school, Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" was on all the time, so it would be the closest thing to post here, but because the overexposure made me absolutely despise that song, I already posted it on Day 2 for my least favorite song.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

Cee Lo Green - Forget You

Posting the clean version of this song for the sake of keeping a clear infractions list~
    Spoiler:

Fortunately, it's quite a good song and it's being phased out by his new song, the name of which I can't quite remember just now. But enough is enough really. If I'm listening to the radio for any real amount of time I will hear it played two or three times, it seems. =/

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2

I don't listen to the radio. Ever. But when I accidentally overhear it outside of my headphones, I normally hear this song. Don't get me wrong, this song is great, just not one of my favorites. I wish they'd play other Floyd stuff, like maybe something from The Division Bell or, if they're looking for more commercialized songs, possibly 'Hey You' or 'Mother' from The Wall.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 17

Don't listen to the radio much, but when I did I heard Florence + The Machine - You Got The Love All. The. Damn. Time. Such an annoying song, by such an annoying woman.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 18 - A song you wish you heard on the radio

'Bedouin Dress' by Fleet Foxes: Or, just anything by Fleet Foxes, really. I wish the radio would play more folky-songs like this, that don't require a thumping bassline in order to get people's attention. But... people seem to like thumping basslines for some reason. Oh well!

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio

"Medicine" by Kim Leoni
    Her music is mainstream-radio friendly (especially since dance-pop is in heat), so it wouldn't be unreasonable. I think mainstream-listeners would like this song if she just got more exposure.

Spoiler:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio

There really isn't a song that I want to hear on the radio but I'm going to say The Fear by Drake. It's such an emotional song and I wish more people could hear it, instead of all his other lame club hits and young money trash.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 18

Oh definitely Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise, to remind people just to lighten up and have fun. To be honest it probably is being played on the radio a bit, but probably not enough. Also, best music video ever..Of course that can't be expressed through the radio, but still.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio.

Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues.

A little more info...

I would love to hear any Gary Moore song on the radio to be honest as I like most of his songs but Still Got the Blues wold be the more popular of his songs. It's a pity that hardly any of his work is on the radio or on any of the music channels.

Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate.

Sum 41 - In Too Deep

I don't HATE this song now. This is pretty much because I will never HATE a song I liked in the past because I'll always think of it with nostalgia (no matter how terrible I think the song is now).

So, I do think this song is TERRIBLE now, but I don't think I HATE it. <3

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio.

Jeremih - Put It Down On Me ft. 50 Cent

This song is garbage, and it's ALWAYS on the radio. FML.

Day 18 - A Song that you wish you heard on the radio

Frankmusik - Heart On My Sleeve

This song is amazing, and I think it has the potential to be a big pop hit so that's one reason im putting it up here instead of a bunch of other songs I love to jam to.

Years
    The Beatles – Birthday

I don't really listen to the radio now and I don't pay attention to songs I hear in stores. When I was in junior high my neighbor's mom used to pick a bunch of us up from school and she listened to an oldies radio station that did these happy birthday messages you could call in for. They didn't play the whole song, or maybe they played it in the background, I forget, but it was always there.

Spoiler:

Day 18 - A song you wish you heard on the radio
    Queen – I Want To Break Free

Well, any music I like I'd love to hear on the radio, but I think this would be great to have come on if you were working the late shift of some boring retail job and you just wanted to break into your own personal musical segment like in the movies.

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 19 - A song from your favourite album

'I Don't Want to Know' by Fleetwood Mac: Rumors has been my favourite album for about three years now, and it's probably going to stay there for a very long time. Every song magnficent from a band at their absolute peak. I thought about putting one of the more well known ones... but this one's probably my favourite. Really good harmonies, a steady beat, and it doesn't drag itself on too long: my kinda song!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 19

Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot, is my favourite track from my favourite album Daydream Nation. I loved it as soon as it touched my ears, experimental, noise, rock at it's very, very finest.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 19 - A song from your favourite album.

Gary Moore - After the War. (Album: After the War.)

A little more info...

It's a brilliant song from a brilliant album. It's a hard-rock song and it's a great, anti-war song. It also feature an appearance from Cozy Powell on drums and has great lyrics and guitar from Gary, who put everything he had into all of his songs. Great music video below. I love the leather trench coat Gary has on.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Day 19 - A song from your favourite album.

Alicia Quays - Jamie T.

Really I don't think this is at all a song for everyone, or even an artist for everyone. The truth is that Jamie is a pretty awful singer tbh but it's his lyrics and how unique he is that really grabbed me with this song, and indeed the album as a whole. I also like how minimalistic and unprocessed it all is too, something I don't hear much anymore.

Not posting a video because it might be a bit offensive to some. :x

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Day 19 - A song from your favourite album

"Extraordinary Day" by Delta Goodrem, from the album Mistaken Identity.
    I'm one of those people that only listens to singles most of the time, but when it comes to Delta, I like every song on her album. Her second album, Mistaken Identity is a favourite, as it has good lyrics and focuses on her emotions during her personal struggles. Extraordinary Day is about her feelings when she was diagnosed with cancer.

The song:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back