• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 15 - A song that describes you.

Gary Moore - Don't Take Me For A Loser.

A little more info...

While the song is talking directly towards a single someone most of the song, I would like to use the word 'you' not towards a single someone, but as in a group form.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 15

I suppose Joy Division - From Safety To Where?, as I don't really like leaving my comfort zone, and if I do, I usually do something stupid. Plus I can play this song perfectly on Bass :D.
    Yeah..Sorry, didn't find this day too easy.

Day 15 - A song that describes you
    While the lyrics of this song are very unique, surreal and symbolic, it's more the way this song makes me feel and the way I feel about it that makes me say it describes me. I can't describe it more that that.

When you listen to this song, and you get a weird a feeling, that's me. Eww, that sounded creepy.

Dan Black - Symphonies ft. Kid Cudi

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 16 - A song you used to love but now hate

'Grace Kelly' by Mika: I really don't know why I liked, let alone loved, this song. Maybe I was just young and naive about music; maybe the screamy, squeaky, high-pitched, horrible yelping noises coming out of that man's mouth were strangely endearing to me. Whatever the reason, my 'love' for the song slowly evaporated every time I heard it, to the point where I have to throw something at someone whenever I start hearing it. Not good... not good at all!

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Limp Bizkit - Rollin' and Insane Clown Posse - F The World. I got into both of these songs after hearing them on a Woodstock 99 DVD. Is it possible to get a contact high even though you are no where near the drugs? That would be the only explanation I got.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Day 16-
    Song: Wait And BLeed
    By: SlipKnot.
    Reason: Well I used to love it cause it felt heavy, and it appealed to me, but over time I realized it was really bland, repetitive, outdated, and overrated. It was a gateway song, Ill give it that, but nowadays most all of slipknot isnt even fun to listen to IMO.

Years
    Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
    サカナクションアルクアラウンド

So I'm one of those people who listen to Japanese music, but I still feel like I'm something of a music snob. There's a lot of music from Japan and I think a lot of it isn't worth listening to and even though I ate up everything I could a while back now I don't really try to find new music and I wasn't looking when I first heard this band, but they blew me away with their style and really unique sound.

Spoiler:

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
    Scissor Sisters – I Don't Feel Like Dancin'

There are plenty of bands I don't like, but this one just rubs me the wrong way and makes me prickly like a pineapple when I hear it, which is more often than I'd like since my friends like them. I don't know what it is.

Spoiler:

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
    Shakira – She Wolf

I know it's a cheap song and an awful video, but I just enjoy it. Don't tell anyone.

Spoiler:

Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
    Rammstein – Engel

Used to listen to a lot of music like this when I was much angstier. There's still a soft spot in my heart for some of it, a tiny spot and mostly an embarrassing one, but still. Sometimes I want to play angry music.

Spoiler:

Day 15 - A song that describes you
    坂本真綾カザミドリ

A while ago I would have said Oh! You Pretty Things by David Bowie, but this song is more "me" now. I don't know if it describes me, but it touches me like other songs don't. It's a song about having to leave and do things on your own and go places you've never been. It's a scary feeling and something I've been dealing with for a while, but it's part of my growing into that person I want to be so it's kind of a hopeful and positive song, too. I don't know how to talk about myself. :|

Spoiler:

Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate
    Joanna Newsom – Cassiopeia

I don't want to say I hate it, but I did use to love it for all its weirdness and pretty harp music - like I did with a lot of her other songs - but now it feels a little on the screechy side and I just can't listen to it and enjoy it like I did.

Spoiler:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I wish people would wrap this stuff in spoilers... oh well.

"When I Lost You" by Sarah Whatmore
    This one was tough~! I wish this questions was reversed! Anyway, I really had to think about it! I don't really know if I hate (it's a strong word) it so much as lost interest...

Spoiler:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years

Linkin Park - Faint

Ugh. I can't believe there was a time when I actually listened to this crap. I liked it, too. I bought Meteora when it came out and listened to it a lot. I also used to like that alternative rock crap that I talked about hating in another post. Oh, and I used to listen to rap. I'm too ashamed of that to give you any further details.
    ...I hate day 16 D:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
    Day 16 - A song you used to love, but now hate

Good Charlotte - Welcome To My World Life (d'oh)

Like, it really hurts inside listening to this right now. The lyrics are so goddamn pathetic, I really, really loathe this song! Before I started making up my mind about stuff, like... Life, I listened to this song and genuinely enjoyed it. I can't stand it now, and it really is a challenge listening to the entire song. Garh. But allow me to share my pain to those of you oblivious to the masterpieces of pop music from my 4th grade days:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 16

A few possible choices, but I decided to go with Linkin Park/Jay-Z - Numb/Encore. I literally hate myself for liking it so much when I was much younger, and much more naive. I absolutely hate both these artists and this song.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio

'I Got a Feeling' by The Black Eyed Peas: When this was released, it would. not. leave. the radio. I think it stayed at #1 on the UK charts for about 9 weeks (only to be replaced by 'Boom Boom Pow'... ugh) so that inevitably meant way too much exposure for such a crappy, crappy song. Even to this day, at certain times of night, if you switch over to certain stations you can still hear the decaying remnants of the song.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Paparazzi - Lady Gaga

God, this song is so annoying now. @___@ Greyson Chance's version was great though ♥

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

I rarely ever listen to the radio now but I used to hear Crazy by Gnarles Barkley just about every time I turned on the radion.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years

Adele - Rolling in the Deep

I'm not complaining though. I love, I mean, love this song to pieces. I had it on repeat for hours yesterday.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012

Happy by MuDvAyNe. In no way is it bad that I hear it, one of my favorite bands. But I wish people around me would know more than just this song by them :/

Overall though I love the song

Last edited:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years

"E.T." by Katy Perry [feat. Kanye West]
    A reason? Well, it's always on the radio... love the song. =)

Spoiler:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate.

Rihanna - Umbrella.

Used to like it at first but after a while got bored of it. It just got so repetitive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio.

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow.

Hate this song and thankfully it doesn't appear on the radio as much as it use to.

Luckily I had this message copied so I didn't have to go to too much bother after it was deleted, lol. I have the reasons now so you can't delete it this time. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back