• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
  • Sure, I'll go ahead and do this

Day 10 - A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep
    The Ocean on His Shoulders by Gary Schyman on the Bioshock OST

It's just so soothing and relaxing, it just makes me slip away.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep.

Carlos Santana - Love Is You.

Why does it make me fall asleep?

If I was tired and listening to this song then it would put me to sleep as it's a very calming, relaxing, guitar instrumental. It's soft and peaceful which can help you sleep easier.

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
    Telephone - Lady Gaga (feat. Beyoncé)
    Hearing the song always makes me think of being trapped in a car with four of my classmates for three hours. It wasn't supposed to be that long of a drive, and they must've played Telephone at least five times on the radio. It's a good song, but after that, you wouldn't want to ever hear that song again either.

Day 08 - A song you know all the words to
    I'm Not Afraid - Eminem
    I can usually memorize the lyrics to a song if I hear it two or three times. This song is a fine example.

Day 09 - A song you can dance to
    Take Me To Infinity - Breathe Carolina
    I can dance to anything.

Day 10 - A song that makes you falls asleep

Years
  • Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
    Daft Punk - One More Time

First of all, I can't dance to save my life. Small children have been known to suffer epileptic seizures upon seeing me dance. Still, I dance when no one can see me. Maybe this is too obvious, but Daft Punk is something I like to put on when I'm cleaning to make cleaning less of a chore. Usually it takes me longer to get anything done because I get caught up in the music, but that's the point. :D

Spoiler:

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    Yann Tiersen - Comptine d'un autre été

Some pretty piano music that I first heard on the soundtrack to Amélie. I find it very relaxing in a fall-asleep-in-the-middle-of-the-afternoon kind of way.

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 11 - A song from your favourite band

"In Media Res" by Los Campesinos!: Question's kinda loaded, as it could mean favourite band as of now, or favourite band of all time. I've already put an oldie in, for number one, so I'm going with modern fave for the time being. They're really great live, use all sorts of weird and wonderful instruments and, despite being quite shouty, their lyrics are witty and very coherent. Check them out! I'd recommend them.

Now back to egg hunting, which people should be doing... with a little help from this thread ;)

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to
    Memories by David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi
    I usually don't pay much attention to the lyrics, and I don't try to renember them all. But this song has some pretty simple lyrics, and I've listened to this way to often

Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
    Rabiosa by Shakira ft. El Cata.
    I can dance to most songs, but this song really makes me want to grab a girl and dance with her.

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    Africa United - Madadub
    A nice and relaxing reggae beat, the melody is so relaxing.

Day 11 - A song from your favourite band
    Hermes by Santana.
    Note that favorite band =/= favorite artist.
    My favorite song from Santana, it just makes you want to dance.

King Of The Blues

Years
  • Day 11 - A song from your favourite band.

Queen - Friends Will Be Friends.

A little more info.

Queen were one of the first bands I got interested in and I like a lot of their songs and I think they are a very good band with a good singer, guitarist, drummer and bassist. I have lots of other favourite bands and artists as well, but I said I'd post something different and move away from the Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy songs for a change.

Years
  • Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    AFI-Jack the Ripper. Its just a boring song.

Day 11 - A song from your favourite band.
    Avenged Sevenfold-We Come Out At Night. This song is one of their best songs and it is one of the songs that made them famous.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Eat The Rich by Aerosmith
    I love the guitar in this song <3 plus it's a lot of fun to listen to. It's not a serious song at all and it's fun to blast in the car on summer days.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    The Ghost of You - My Chemical Romance

This song holds a place deep in my heart. I think of the friends that I've lost over time when I listen to it, and I feel better. It's spectacular to me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Hey guys. Great to see such good participation - welcome to all the newcomers! - but I've been noticing a few of you are just inserting videos along with the names of songs. Could we try and have a little bit of why these songs mean the way they do, even if it's just a sentence? Anyhoo, on with the show:

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate

"Elvis Ain't Dead" by Scouting for Girls: The one band that almost makes me hate pianos. Their horrible, terrible melodies combined with their excruciatingly awful vocals mixed together with lyrics that DON'T. MAKE. SENSE. all just come together in a vat of dread, banality and way too many glissandos. This pile of puke tries to draw you in with its unusual title but, like the sirens of ancient times, it just sends you to your death upon hearing its call. Ugh... I feel dirty just writing about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My Number - Tegan and Sara

This song is easily one of my favourite songs of all time (likely more than my answer to Day 01 as of right now haha). It's an older T&S song but it's probably one of their most beautiful in my opinion. I love the guitar and piano together in this song (my friend and I once tried to cover it with me on piano and her on guitar. It wasn't bad!) and Tegan's voice sounds lovely. Sara's two lines in this song sound pretty nice as well. It's unique in that it's one of the few songs where Tegan and Sara sing different lines in the same song (generally how it works is that whoever writes the lyrics to a song will the sing the lead vocals while the other may do backing vocals. Sara does more backing vocals to Tegan's songs than the other way around, though). I just really love this song. <3

Years
  • Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
    Godsmack-Baby.I hate Godsmack soo much. Their lyrics seem to be writen by a angry 4 year-old and their singer's voice just sucks.

King Of The Blues

Years
  • Day 12 - A song from a band you hate.

A little more info...

I don't hate the band, hate is a strong word, but I really dislike the black eyed peas. As for their music though, I hate it, and this song is no different. I hate their genre of music and their song along other songs from that genre lack heart in my opinion.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

'You Can't Stop the Beat' from the Hairspray OST: I like a fair amount of musical songs, but this one is definitely one of the more ostentatious of them all, hence its classification as more of a guilty pleasure, rather than simply a pleasure in its own right. It's all bombastic and full of pomp and circumstance, but every time I listen to it, I just get enveloped in a wave of happiness and euphoria.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Day 12 - A song from a band you hate.

Rihanna - Umbrella. Lame song in general, repetitive lyrics, annoying vocals, and overplayed.

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

Lindsay Lohan - Over. Yes, it's a song by Lindsay Lohan from the one album she released.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back