• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Day 09 - A song that you can dance to
    ...but I can't dance. At all.

Just going to take the headbang route, I guess...

Judas Priest - Breaking the Law

It's just made for it.

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep
    Another tough one, I can fall asleep to silence, not to noise.Closest thing would probably be Burzum- Rundgang [...]

Boring.

Day 11 - A song from your favourite band

Guess what...

Judas Priest - Night Crawler

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
    Usually it's the music I hate and not who made it, but let's see...

Burzum - Dunkelheit

Unlike Rundgang [...], I really like this song, but Varg is still a despicable bastard.

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

Эдуард Хиль - Я очень рад, ведь я, наконец, возвращаюсь домой(probably better known as Eduard Khil - trololo)

Doesn't fit into my usual taste of music at all. Often called the next rickroll. But I just love it.

Last edited:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Whoops. Forgot to come post in here yesterday :P
    I'll just do both in this post.

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate
    Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane
    Where to begin, where to begin... Well, there are SO MANY bands that I hate. I just picked the first one that popped into my head ;D I really hate all this stupid alternative rock stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days grace, etc. There are so many other songs and bands I could have picked, but I think this one will suffice.

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
    Paramore - That's What You Get
    I recently answered this same question on another forum, and I posted this same song.
    Whenever I play this on RB2 or RB3, I try to justify it by saying it came up in a random setlist and i'm being forced to play it D:
    Hayley Williams is so damn hottt :P

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Wow, got some catching up to do. Gogogogogogogo.

Day 1 - Animal Collective - My Girls
    Day 2 - Justin Bieber - Never Say Never
    Day 3 - Chromeo - Night By Night
    Day 4 - My Bloody Valentine - Sometimes
    Day 5 - Animal Collective - My Girls
    Day 6 - Panda Bear - Tomboy
    Day 7 - Animal Collective - My Girls
    Day 8 - Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
    Day 9 - Crookers - What Up Y'all?
    Day 10 - Four Tet - She Just Likes To Fight
    Day 11 - Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot
    Day 12 - Kings Of Leon - Knocked Up
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Day 13

Errr, Probably Jimmy Eat World - The Middle. It's so poppy and musically simple, but I don't know why I love it, I just do. I mean I don't like any other Jimmy Eat World songs, it's odd.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love

'So What' by P!nk: You could just replace this with ANY Pink (or P!nk, whatever) song, to be honest. I don't know why, but I really like her music, for some weird reason. Her act of being all punk and yet really un-punk is annoying, but I can't help but smile whenever her songs come on the radio or in a club or such. This one, more than all of them, seems to expose the dichotomy of corporate shill and wannabe punk icon that so personifies Pink, and yet is really, really listenable. I do kinda love it!

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Day 8- A song that you know all the words to
    "Summer Rain" sung by Belinda Carlisle, remixed by Alex K.
    One of my all-time favourite songs. I listen to it every week!

Spoiler:

Day 13- A song that is a guilty pleasure

"Body Language" by Heidi Montag
    I know it's trashy, and her performance at the Miss Universe Pageant was awful, but it's one of my favourite dance-pop tracks! X|

Spoiler:

Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
    "Failed Creation" by Divine Heresy
    I actually am starting to really like this band! I tend to not like metal, so I surprised people.

Yeah... I'm late on the uptake! This is pretty fun! =) I better come on everyday!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Day 14

Not many contenders to be honest, because people who know me, know my broad, but at the same time narrow-minded music taste, and not much that I listen to crosses those boundaries. But after looking at my iTunes for a bit, I came to The Fratellis - My Friend John. I'm not too keen on their first album, but I gave their second a try and I really enjoyed it, I didn't "love" it but there were a few great songs on there, like this one.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • OK. I'm getting pretty tired of people just posting videos along with the song title/artist name. The whole point of this thread is to let people know WHY these songs mean what they mean to you, and to explain more about you as a person. That's not being achieved if all you want to do is post the video and move on. Just a sentence or two is all I ask.

So, consider this people's final warning in this regard: I will start deleting posts if they don't fall in line with this. There's already a 'no listing' rule in the C&M Procedures and Guidelines, so please follow it. Mmmkay? [/rant over]

-~-~-~

Day 15 - A song that describes you

'Kyle's Mom's a B**tch' from the South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut OST: Can't really think of a song that properly describes me, but this is the closest I can think of off the top of my head. It's one of my faves from the movie anyway, and I can be a real b**ch when I want to be so... yeah!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Catching up...

Day 11 - A Song From Your Favorite Band

"Panic Switch" by Silversun Pickups - The instant I heard this revved-up song on the radio on its debut day, I pretty much knew who my favorite band had become. XD The music video was very different from what I imagined it would be, but it looks great nonetheless. The guitars in this song are fantastic, and the finisher/outro of the song is one of the best I have heard for any song...I'm glad that I've been blessed with the opportunity to hear such a great band. A song that never fails to pump me up. :)

Day 12 - A Song From A Band You Hate

"Poor Unfortunate Souls" by the Jonas Brothers
    "Breaking Free" and "Bet On It" by High School Musical cast
    - Sigh...OK, I used to like the Jonas Brothers back when they were like a "breakout band"...but now it's gotten to the point where the mere mention of them just drives me crazy, especially due to the obsession of the girly tween crowd. >.< "Poor Unfortunate Souls" was the first song I heard by them (which happened to be a cover from The Little Mermaid), and it originates from the era when I used to like them more. :cer_no:

As for "HSM"...I've essentially been annoyed with them ever since their premiere. Not to mention that the tween crowd also obsesses over them and WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT THEM. :cer_cry: I loathe the franchise, but I admit that the soundtracks have produced some catchy songs. Some of the songs almost seem to bizzarely stir fragments of the soul... >_>

I should probably listen to the original version of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" sometime... -.-

Day 13 - A Song That Is A Guilty Pleasure

"Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" by Jump 5
    "Into The Rush" and "When Chemicals React" by 78Violet (formerly Aly & AJ)
    "Amigas Cheetahs" by The Cheetah Girls

-Strangely, most of these tend to be from artists affiliated with Disney. Anyway, I haven't actually watched Lilo and Stitch: The Movie, but "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" on that Disneymania soundtrack (no, I did not buy it; I just happened to have a chance to hear it.) was actually pretty catchy, and exuded a sense of thrill and exhilaration. Though the group has received some criticism for how the Hawaiian words are pronounced...but I'll give them a break. I mean, IMO, the song was prodcued by a great band who were able to contribute an awesome pop song filled with Hawaiian influence. :)

Aly and AJ... :cer_love: All the songs I have heard by them so far have been awesome. "Into The Rush" is another terrific exhilarating track, and "When Chemicals React" is...a great mix of "awe-inspriring, dreamy, and confident"..all I can say is that it's an enthralling track. ^_^

And despite this last band being constructed specifically for the "tween girl" crowd, they have had their fair share of catchy songs, and I don't dislike the members of the Cheetah Girls nearly as much as I do for the members of HSM and the JB. >_> "Amigas Cheetahs" is a peppy, fierce song that encapsulates the essence of the Cheetah Girls, in a way. Way better than some of the crap being spawned in music today. *coughRebeccaBlackFridaycough*

Ick...a bit of a shame that the "VEVO" tag is right behind Cheetah Girls as well...

Day 14 - A Song That No One Would Expect You To Like

"Love Is A Battlefield" by Pat Benatar - I hail from the 1990s, yet I still have a fond love for the 80s! When I first heard this song, something about it felt so very right. Despite its rebellious nature, the tune of this song just seems to call to me, and almost seems to be composed of sounds that make you reflect on past thoughts or something...

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Gary Numan - Cars
    A catchy synthpop song that everyone should know. I don't think anyone would expect me to like this, considering it's in a genre completely different than anything else I listen to ;D Normally I listen to progressive, blues, folk, and jazz. I detest all types of pop and almost any 80s music (well, this song is from 79. close enough.) that isn't hair metal/glam rock.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • ^ Yeah... I adore "modern music"/mainstream but Boys Like Girls... -__- and you managed to pick the worst of their songs, too! They can't be as bad as Owl City.

ANYWAY...

15- A song that describes you
    Following Mr Cat Dog's lead, I will also post a Pink song.
    "Stupid Girls" by Pink
    Well... I just don't ever want to become a "real" bimbo? =S

Spoiler:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Day 15 - A song that describes you

Beethoven's Für Elise

I played this when I was eight at a concert, and it has stuck to me very dearly. I am a pianist so I feel this song describes me just for its sentimental value and the fact it's piano. Most of my friends know me as a pianist.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

Jay Electronica - Exhibit C. Lyrically one of the best hip hop songs I've ever heard.
    Day 15- A song that describes you

Lupe Fiasco - Till I Get There. About overcoming all obstacles and always looking ahead.

Years
  • Dammit, I had already typed most of this up when my mouse wheel started having its own will once again, scrolled up and down erratically and in the chaos I somehow closed the page. Curses.

On another note, I believe I have always put at least a bit of description for my choices, even if once it was just the word "boring"

Anyway...

Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love
    While my musical taste at first glance seems to consist of metal, metal, metal and not a lot else, there are exceptions. My choice for Day 13, "trololo", is one, another one would be:

Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan

Awesome beyond description. Really, I don't know what to say, except that I love this song.

Day 15 - A song that describes you
    Took me a while to think of it, but:

Dio - Don't Talk To Strangers

Might be a misinterpretation, but my social awkwardness exceeds that of most people I know, except for that one even weirder weirdo. It is not quite at the level where I have a phobia of socializing, but it's close.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back