• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Digimon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If you guys need any help with a story, mapping work, or need help making a website, I'm your man.

I'll say it now, I can really help with a storyline.

Well, we want it to be as different from Pokémon as possible, so having 'badges' wouldn't really be appropriate.
    Anyway, what about the game's name? I propose Digimon World XP.
    Digimon World has been used so much, something more original is needed.

Like, Digimon Digital Dimension or something

D3, lol

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Well, we want it to be as different from Pokémon as possible, so having 'badges' wouldn't really be appropriate.
    Anyway, what about the game's name? I propose Digimon World XP.
    I've PM'd my idea about the "badges" and such to Claire, after she tells me what she thinks I'll post it on here.

Also, I like XP. It fits not only because of RMXP, but because it will generally be running on XP.

Like Digimon DS.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
    hmm that badges thing that reminds me of something from like digimon world 2 i remeber there where gyms in the game. :D

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Very generic for a Digimon game, don't you think?

Ok here, my idea (inspired by Claire's) about how Season 1 tamers fit in the story.

Perhaps you run into say, TK.
    He's fighting off demons from a church or something, and he says "Hey, help me beat all these demons and I'll teach you the ways of patamon".
    Then if you do that, he teaches you some holy skills, and you get the crest.

Or you run into Sora who has some digieggs, and you need to protect them from raiders. Which if you do successfully, she teaches you something and you earn her crest.
    And so forth.

Maybe they can give you "Crest Marks", which is basically when they take their crest and it makes a miniature version you can keep on your belt or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Lol @ Ryushin.
    As Con said, it's from Windows XP and RPG Maker XP.
    Digital Legends sounds nice, but repeating 'Digi' is a bit awkward...

ryushin5

Years
    hmm or you can do something from like the manga digimon v-tamers where you had to fight certain digimon to get these things called tags and each tag had there own element like if you go to get the tag of fire you would have to fight a fire attribute digimon do you see where i'm going with this.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    For the character sprites, I had a idea, the male sprite could be Davis from Season 2 & the female could be Yolei, they have to face the first season Digidestineds as to help them save the digital world, to see if they're ready to? xD;

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Well tags are what the Tamers have too, that they put their crests in.

For the character sprites, I had a idea, the male sprite could be Davis from Season 2 & the female could be Yolei, they have to face the first season Digidestineds as to help them save the digital world, to see if they're ready to? xD;
    Well like I said, the main character is going to be "you", and it's very customizable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Claire: We're going to be using a character customization system, so the main character will look different depending on the player.

EDIT: Stop posting so fast! :P

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Oh, that's ok.
    And I don't like Yolei, she will never live up to Sora imho.

Wichu, is it possible to have online or network(hamachi) battling or trading?
    Or maybe even actually playing together, that'd be neat (but would screw with the story and the caterpiller thing so nevermind).

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    You should use the Digimemories from Digimon Next One for Holy, Dark, Beast, Dragon, Insect/Plant, Bird, Machine and Water then when a digimon has them attached their strength is increased greatly.

ryushin5

Years
    well no these tags are diffrent they are like keys that allow you to go to this castle this is an example of a tag from V-tamers
    Spoiler:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Hm, we could have equips.

Not in the Digimon World way though (when have digimon ever worn armour or used weapons?), but have it possible to equip things like "energies" or "spirits".

For example, 'Fire Spirit' increases Fire attacks by +15.
    and then, 'Fire Energy' increases Fire defence by +15.

(They should also include things like 'Healing Spirit' and 'Harmful Spirit' for buffs and debuffs)

Do you mean make it an ORPG? (Online Roleplaying Game)
    Not really, just have battles and trades like in Diamond, which I think if both participants were running Hamachi would be fairly easy to do.
    Because it'd be easier to program network features than online features, right?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Online is possible, but I'm not really good with that kind of thing. We could wait for Netplay 3, and use that...

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
    online does sound like a good idea, maybe you could also do like a special update at different dates, and they unlock special events and or digimon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back