• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Jukebox ♪ The Music Lovers Club

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Username: Bruce Banner
Reason for joining: I enjoy a wide variety of music from classical to hip hop.I want to talk to people about their tastes in music, and see what others in PC are interested in as well.
Do you prefer music discs or downloading songs digitally?: For the most part, I prefer digitally downloaded music. Yes, if I buy a CD I can stick it into the player in my can and listen to the entire album, but I can also download the album and burn it on a CD which takes 5 seconds too. Plus, if I download an album or song, I don't have to worry about losing or misplacing it.

To listen to music, do you usually use any portable speaker of sorts, such as either headphones or ear-buds?: I normally use headphones, but when I'm alone I just use the speakers on my computer. I don't like using headphones all of the time because after a while my ears will start to ache.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to those that joined! I'll add y'all in the OP in juuuuust a bit. :)

Do you prefer music discs or downloading songs digitally?

I very much prefer the music CD's, just for safekeeping purposes and such. Plus, they might be worth a little more. Also, you get to keep some of the memorabilia (i.e: music poster, lyrics booklet, DVD extra, etc). So it's always best to keep at least some memories from your favorite artists.

I have a KISS Sonic Boom CD that contains three discs: 1 CD with classic hits, 1 CD with their Sonic Boom singles, and 1 DVD of their concert in Nashville (iirc). As a longtime fan of KISS, I would love to rip that CD and keep the songs, but the CD is not worth throwing out. It is worth keeping. :)

btw! Pentatonix just released a cover of Ariana Grande's "Problem". It is amazing! Give it a listen.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
Username: AeHrYo
Reason for Joining the Club: I really enjoy music, it makes me happy and cheerful..

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to music club, Aehryo! Yeah, I feel exactly the same way about music; they do help brighten my mood. Well, maybe not all, but those that are at least cheerful, in some way. Say, what are your favorite genres?

So, guys, how many of us like listen to music when we're driving? Does it have any affect on your the way you drive, possibly? Me--I do it every time I'm in my car. Without music, things seem quite boring, especially when you're not with somebody. Personally, I could be very impatient from times to time when it comes to driving, but listening to certain songs does seem to lend a hand avoiding that and make me feel more laid-back.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
While driving, it depends on my mood. Most of the time, I have the radio tuned to my favourite channel. I love singing along loudly to songs that come on without anyone listening in on me haha. On the other hand, I sometimes like to turn it off to leave myself alone with my thoughts and the sound of the engine. It tends to augment my focus on the driving experience as well as gives me a sense of mind-numbing calm, which I like.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Since I got my car, my main reason to drive it was the built-in satellite radio. My drives have been super enjoyable! over 150 + channels, including sports and spanish-language channels, AM/FM radio is totally obsolete for me. Also, I only sing out loud in the car when I'm alone and not with full of people. Although yesterday when I drove to Bakersfield, my dad sang the whole car ride up north. lmao.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm pretty afraid to sing out loud, even if I'm in a car alone with my windows closed; always scared that people in a neighboring car would hear, winding up making me feel embarrassed and whatnot.

In my house, though, it's never a problem.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've seen people singing in cars when I'm driving, especially at stoplights and all that. I had to wait for two green lights for a guy to move because he couldn't stop singing. If only I could record that. lmao.

Here's something I'd like to discuss: Taylor Swift's new album has her drifting away from her country roots and trying out an all-pop genre. Her new song "Shake It Off" got everyone literally moving, and to be quite honest, that song isn't that bad at all! I'll have it featured on the OP later on today.

What do you think of music artists that change genres? Do you think it's a right move for them? Examples can be provided!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What do you think of music artists that change genres? Do you think it's a right move for them? Examples can be provided!
For me, it all depends. If said artist is switching to some genre that is relatively similar to their former, then it shouldn't be much of an issue for me; personally, I'd be able to adapt pretty easily. If it's more different, however, then oftentimes, I wind up not liking the move. Others might, but for me, it doesn't always seem like much of a good idea, to be honest.

There's a quite a few artists that I'd stopped following mostly due to the reason above.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
An example I wanted to provide for this discussion is Cristian Castro. He's a Mexican pop-ballad singer. Here's a song I like from him.

A little after his last pop album, he wanted to follow the roots of famous Mariachi king Vicente Fernandez and wanted to try out a full-fledged Mariachi album. However, fans weren't in support of his drastic move, and none of his songs weren't top-10 worthy. I've heard one song from his new album, and that was it. Not many people were huge fans of it. They still kept supporting his old work. I'm not sure if after this move he went back to his old pop-ballad roots, though. I really hope he did.

It really depends on the songs, and the intentions the musical artist is doing. If the move is a great move and it shows that it's much better than his previous work, then they'll continue on to become a great star. To me, Cristian Castro will always be a great pop-ballad singer, while Taylor Swift will always be that country gal, even if her new pop album goes well in the industry.

Back