• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Perfect mudkip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Hi everyone,
    Recently, I started to play Pokemon more seriously. In fact, I also started pokémon breeding. My goal is to have A perfect IV Mudkip that will evolve into Marshtomp. The problem is that yesterday, I hatched more than 100 eggs, and gess what, THEY WERE ONLY MALE D: !!!! The only female that I have, I got it from the GTS. I even tried to reproduced my one and only female mudkip whit a ditto but after 10 eggs, males and males once again. Help my guys!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Mudkip as well as all the starter pokemon have a very low female gender ration. All I can say is just keep trying.

Years
  • As was mentioned, Mudkip's line is in the group of Pokemon that has a 87.5% chance of being male which means 7 out of 8 chance that it'll be male. The Pokemon in this gender group are mostly starters and fossil Pokemon as well as the Eevee line, Zorua line, Togepi line, Riolu line and Combee.

It takes patience, so just keep going until you get the female.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi everyone,
    Recently, I started to play Pokemon more seriously. In fact, I also started pokémon breeding. My goal is to have A perfect IV Mudkip that will evolve into Marshtomp. The problem is that yesterday, I hatched more than 100 eggs, and gess what, THEY WERE ONLY MALE D: !!!! The only female that I have, I got it from the GTS. I even tried to reproduced my one and only female mudkip whit a ditto but after 10 eggs, males and males once again. Help my guys!!!

well are you ONLY breeding for perfect IVs? Cause if you have some dittos (particularly from the Friend Safari with at least two perfect IVs) you can just keep swapping the males and dittos around until you get your perfect Mudkip. If you need some dittos, I actually have a couple (one with hp, att and def at 31 and the other with Sp att, sp def and speed at 31) that you can keep swapping around if you want. But if you're going for egg moves, then yeah, unfortunately you'll just have to keep plugging away

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Took me ages to get a female charmander when trying to breed a shiny one, by the end of it I had LOTS of females and males. I could have opened a handbag factory. Just keep trying youll get there.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I can loan you a 5IV Female Mudkip if you'd like. It's just missing the Attack IV but it's got all the others and an Adamant nature. I'd just need something fancy of yours to hold for collateral.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I've had good luck with getting females. I bred for a 6IV of all three starters, and I did eventually complete my goal, even getting a Shiny 4IV Torchic in the mix (I looked away, typed a chat message, and looked back to realize the colours were swapped). I have not exceeded 30 in either the Torchic or Mudkip boxes because I got rid of any 4IV results (except my Shiny), but I know my Torchic in the daycare got to something like Lv.57 just getting lucky and not doing any battling after the initial levelups prior to going in. I must have gone nearly 100 Eggs with the same Ditto and Torchic just to get my 6IV, so I got a few females along the way. What hurt was when it was Eevee and I got one female in 48 Eggs, and then into the 70s only two more; the game then taunted me with a 1IV Shiny, the only 1IV in the entire batch.

As I've been doing some research in AS, the starter trio (now fully evolved) is currently sitting in OR in the 40s, and I haven't equipped their Mega Stones yet. Once my research is mostly done in AS, I'll go back to finishing OR and making them champions, then I'll likely bring in a Ditto and breed them for Wonder Trade babies. I have to eventually put the Unova starters into my breeding projects now, however, thanks to the new events (will beat whatever the Professor gives me in the post-game after being chased by his wife).

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Wow that was very Quick from you guys, thank you very much.
    I forgot to mention that what I really want is a perfect mudkip with the egg move Curse. But you have answered all of my question anyways. As a matter of fact, I would be very happy to have one perfect IV ditto or Mudkip hehe. Anyway this forum is amazing thanks for you all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back