• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    how come all of the battle frontier seem to have bright powder, i lost to a blizzard wiscash when outrage missed,GGGGGRRRRR. could starmie go with typhlosion and chomp
    Why don't you try using suicune alongside chomp and typhlosion as those three look like they would work well together.And only 1 out of every 4 pokes of species can hold brightpowder depending on the species so yeah your just getting unlucky.
    Am currently trying out the battle arcade doubles and it is hell fun.3V3doubles is quite different and not having items is hard but I think everyone should try it!

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    cant get suicune, my fire red cart got mucked up by an action replay

edit: haha, i got my trusty tool box out and ripped open my FR cart and guess what, it works perfectly apart from i cant do the elite 4 (hahahaha, i will never be beaten by a cheat device)
    anyway which do i need on suicune timid or modest, also if i ev a lvl 50 poke (suicune) and i then take it to the battle tower, do the evs get added on
    and also whats the difference between a wall and a tank

edit again: oh yeh on my FR all the wild pokes are impish nature, so which should i use slowbro or my careful regirock

for regirock i was thinking of using

regirock@lefties
    carefull
    clearbody
    252hp/252sp.def/6def
    stoneedge
    rock polish
    icepunch
    t-wave

i might consider replacing t-wave with something

Last edited:
    Years
    pardon,is that supposed to make sense because it does not
    Im sorry I din't justify enough.With regirock on your team.Typhlosion and regirock take supereffective hits from ground attacks and garchomp takes a chunk from powerfull earthquakes as well so I just thought it would be smart if you made garchomp a salamence hence giving you an immunity to ground attacks making it easier to switch into Eq's and such but I see you've replace regirock with slowbro which can be smart though you could always replace it with a nice steel type like bronzong or skarmory giving you some nice resistances!
    Just trying to help,sorry!

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Im sorry I din't justify enough.With regirock on your team.Typhlosion and regirock take supereffective hits from ground attacks and garchomp takes a chunk from powerfull earthquakes as well so I just thought it would be smart if you made garchomp a salamence hence giving you an immunity to ground attacks making it easier to switch into Eq's and such but I see you've replace regirock with slowbro which can be smart though you could always replace it with a nice steel type like bronzong or skarmory giving you some nice resistances!
    Just trying to help,sorry!

im really sorry, i was in a rush so i didnt read it properly, i may consider changing garchomp for salamence

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I just got started in the Battle Frontier in my Platinum Game. I just went to the Battle Factory, and had a 13-win streak in level 50 doubles with 7 trades. I lost the streak by a bad call on my part. I chose not to trade my Hitmonchan with Bullet and Mach Punch for a Growlithe with Bite and Fire Fang, and was utterly walled by a Dusclops and Ivysaur because of it.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    I just got started in the Battle Frontier in my Platinum Game. I just went to the Battle Factory, and had a 13-win streak in level 50 doubles with 7 trades. I lost the streak by a bad call on my part. I chose not to trade my Hitmonchan with Bullet and Mach Punch for a Growlithe with Bite and Fire Fang, and was utterly walled by a Dusclops and Ivysaur because of it.
    hard luck, i got a 32 streak on lvl 50 singles, i had this purugly that owned with bodyslam fake out,shadow claw and attratck

i have started to realize that this thread is kinda dieing

Years
    i have started to realize that this thread is kinda dieing
    Not enough people who play the Battle frontier in pc.I wonder were beachboy is as iv been waiting for him to list his arcade record for ages!

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
    I've been looking into the Smogon movesets. And almost all of them have Ice Fang. So is there a move to compensate for Ice Fang for a Luxray moveset? I don't have it, as I caught my Luxray in the wild. :P And please don't tell me to breed one unless it's absolutely necessary. Thanks.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I've been looking into the Smogon movesets. And almost all of them have Ice Fang. So is there a move to compensate for Ice Fang for a Luxray moveset? I don't have it, as I caught my Luxray in the wild. :P And please don't tell me to breed one unless it's absolutely necessary. Thanks.

It is absolutely necessary that you breed. :/

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
    UGH. So I have to breed a Shinx and level him to 50 all over again? Oh wait...maybe I could just trade for him. I probably don't have any desirable pokemon though lol. I've never bred before, I just catch'em in the wild. So do natures matter that much? As in life and death in the BF?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    UGH. So I have to breed a Shinx and level him to 50 all over again? Oh wait...maybe I could just trade for him. I probably don't have any desirable pokemon though lol. I've never bred before, I just catch'em in the wild. So do natures matter that much? As in life and death in the BF?

Yes natures make a huge difference, if you dont breed you will lose, simple.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Not enough people who play the Battle frontier in pc.I wonder were beachboy is as iv been waiting for him to list his arcade record for ages!
    I spent about a week making the write-up for it, then I went on vacation, the problem is, my family replaced my computer during my three week absence, so I've got nothing.

Anyway, so sorry I haven't updated the records lately. I promise I'll finish them tonight.

edit: holy cow, it's impossible (well, too difficult to navigate, at least) to update the thread in safari. x_x; Ugh, ya'll will have to wait a lil more til my firefox is workin' properly. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    THANK GOD! So how do I use it exactly?
    You download here, then it is pretty straightforward. Remember that it is only for computer use (so you can't transfer the Pokemon you made to the DS cartridge). So, that means no for Battle Frontier use.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Battle Frontier Discussion Thread

Obviously this is only for Platinum, unless you wanna chat it up about DP's Battle Tower. Anyway, this is a thread for discussion of Platinum's Battle Frontier, like the title says. Discuss your favorite facilities, brains, and experiences, maybe even ask for advice. Just keep it all Frontier related.

To kick it off, I freaking love the Battle Castle. I have no idea why, though. Yesterday, I defeated Castle Valet Darach (my favorite brain...or brains?) and got the Silver Medal. I've looked at the teams for all (except Factory Head and Hall Matron's because they're random) and the Valet's really isn't that great. Second round team looks a lot better, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back