• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I wish I was good at the Battle Frontier because it looks so cool! The only one I have tried is the Battle Hall with my Whiscash and I beat Argenta once so I have the Silver Print Thing. I really like this one because you are able to choose the types of pokemon you fight against and since Wanda (the Whiscash) knows a varied amount of moves I was surprised I actually fought the Brain once.
    I haven't challenged any other Facilities yet as I don't really like the descriptions the Platinum Guide gives so I don't really know what to expect.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's what you do there? I decided to run through each facility once to see how they all worked, but I didn't understand Hall at all, so I really didn't get a run. I guess that makes a little more sense, and I might take in my Salamence seeing that she's got a variety of moves to choose from. Battle Arcade was pretty cool, too. Definitely a different twist on battling. I was pretty disappointed that Tower and Factory are still there. Battle Tower has been a part of Pokemon since Crystal, but...bleh. I've just never liked it, but I guess people that like normal battles prefer it to the other facilities. Factory shouldn't be there. I don't know if they changed anything about it (I skipped that one too on my run) because I haven't been there myself. My brother did a round of it for me earlier, though. I was playing something else, so I wasn't paying attention for any differences from the Emerald one.

With Emerald in mind, I don't find these facilities challenging. Instead, I find the brains to be more believable. Tucker kinda threw everything off for me in Emerald...blehhhh.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I find it fun except for the Battle Factory and Battle Tower

I find it really boring.

I got the Gold Print for the Battle Castle, Tower, and Arcade.

The Battle Arcade is very fun though.
    As well as the Battle Castle

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • I love the Battle Frontier! Specifically, I love the Tower and Arcade. The Castle and Hall are okay. Factory makes mah brain hurt. D:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • There were LOTS of times where I was in a tough corner, and the last Pokémon that was still standing was my Porygon2 (especially in the Battle Castle). Luckily, I made it through each and every one of those, and the only time I ever lost was at the battle tower when Dragonite Out-Raged my entire team in the midst of a sand storm (causing all my pokémon to miss.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Hmm, I've not tried out castle yet, but the Battle Tower is a bit boring and so is Battle Arcade, I love Battle Factory though and Hall is pretty good.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I agree with most of you guys. Tower is a let down and a big fat repeat, especially since we had it in Diamond and Pearl. That's how I felt when Tower was in Emerald's Frontier. I would shudder when I walked too close. Castle is freaking amazing, but I say that mainly because I love the brain(s). Arcade is a new twist on things, though, I must say. I wish there were seven facilities like there were in Emerald. I like the lovely shape and color theme they went for, but...meh.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Factory is just one of those "irks me to no end" facilities, in my opinion. I was also hoping we'd get to see something similar to Battle Pyramid. Emerald did have more creative facilities than Platinum. Still love Castle more than anything ever in the world.

thegeneticway

Years
  • I agree. The Battle Factory is no fun.

Despite the hints that the person gives, Emerald's Battle Factory is much more easier.

I wonder what Johto's Battle Frontier is like :O

Hopefully no Battle Tower or Factory

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hopefully no Battle Tower or Factory

There better be a Battle Castle. Hopefully not. I'll get mad and explode. On the subject of Tower, it's just repetitive. It was cool in Crystal because it was something new, and it was just okay in RS. By the time Emerald came out, I assume most people were too busy playing through the other facilities, and in DP, we just said "Eh. Time to start a new game."

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • This thread is a perfect example of an element (common, good goin' discussion) I want to exceed in the official Battle Frontier thread, which will be merged to.

Just to point out, this thread isn't just about records or just about competitive view points. It's about it all, being universal just like the various facilities. So I just want to reinforce that... this thread's a-okay with "favorite or worst facility" discussion or frustrations with the factory. >:P Even speculation about the future battle frontier in HGSS.

Movin' over to the main thread in S&M~

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • I agree. The Battle Factory is no fun.

Despite the hints that the person gives, Emerald's Battle Factory is much more easier.

I wonder what Johto's Battle Frontier is like :O

Hopefully no Battle Tower or Factory

yes i agree that emerald is much easier but i think that it is fun, although they other day i was on lvl 50 and this is how my fight with thorton went
    (this was the silver battle)

thorton sent out garchomp
    Eli sent out purugly,

purugly used fake out
    garchomp took miliscule damage and fliched

i switched to gligar, garchomp use outrage
    gligar was slaughterd

go steelix,
    garchomp used out rage
    steelix took a bout 48% damage
    steelix used ice fang, garchomp took about 57% damage

garchomp outrage CRITICAL DAMN HIT steelix got slaughterd aswell

go purugly again and dont die
    garchomp got confused by outrage and them hurt its self
    purugly used bodyslam, garchomp got paralyzed

garchomp is paralyzed it cant move
    purugly used body slam and finaly killed it

im thinkin yes finall the rest arnt gonna be that hard

out comes scizor (WTF)
    scizor used bullet punch got a crit(as if the crit matterd) and it was over,

I mean come on has anyone else had any unfair encounters like that

thegeneticway

Years
  • Yup. I got an unfair encounter as well.

Kadabra vs. Mamoswine.

Kadabra used Psychic - About 50% Health gone
    Mamoswine used Earthquake. Bam. Dead.

I send out Ivysaur. Mamoswine used Blizzard -

Dead.

I send Octillery. Mamoswine used Blizzard. About 10% left.

I used Octazooka and Mamoswine = dead.

I lose 6% of my health because of life orb

Shiftry is sent out.

Shiftry uses Fake Out. I lost.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Well i might as well post my streaks lol
    At the Battle Hall i got 93 with my Swampert then got owned lol
    My record at the Battle Arcade is 37 with Swampert, Gallade and Charizard
    Aaand currently sitting on 42 at the Battle Castle with Swampert, Gallade and Flygon
    Havent tried the Tower yet and can't stand the Factory, stupid rental pokes lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • He had a Garchomp? That's cheap. Thorton's probably the hardest brain to defeat, seeing that he has no definite team, and the possibilities are endless.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]I send out Ivysaur. Mamoswine used Blizzard -

Dead.[/jq]
    Wouldn't it be better to switch in Octillery since it isn't weak to any of Mamoswine's STAB moves?

Anyways, I made it to 73 in Battle Tower with my same team. I lost to Heracross, Scizor, and Machamp. Log (not that accurate though):

Spoiler:

I should have switched to Garchomp when I saw Arcanine, but oh well. Would have won that match if Machamp wasn't Scarfed.

When I have some time, I am going to make a new team. :D

thegeneticway

Years
  • [jq]I send out Ivysaur. Mamoswine used Blizzard -

Dead.[/jq]
    Wouldn't it be better to switch in Octillery since it isn't weak to any of Mamoswine's STAB moves?

Anyways, I made it to 73 in Battle Tower with my same team. I lost to Heracross, Scizor, and Machamp. Log (not that accurate though):

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I dont think this team has reached far enough to be worth putting up but with it I top the list so why not list it as I plan on doing another run with this team!

Platinum doubles battle tower :63 wins

Latios @ Lum berry
    Timid
    252 sp.att/252 spe/6 hp
    ~Draco meteor
    ~T-bolt
    ~Psychic
    ~Protect

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Naive(Intimidate)
    252 Atk/142 Sp.att/116 Speed~Overheat
    ~Flare Blitz
    ~Hp Ground 70
    ~Extreme speed

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    22 hp/252 sp.att/236 spe
    ~Blizzard
    ~Energy ball
    ~Shadow ball
    ~Focus Blast

Metagross @ Occa berry
    Adamant
    236 hp/252 att/12 def/8 spe
    ~Meteor Mash
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Earthquake
    ~Explosion

I lost cause dewgong critted latios turn 1 fainting it and meteor mashes missing 3/4 times and focus blast missing once when if it hit I would have won.Anyways going to do another run after replacing metagross with something that has 100% accurate moves and fits with the team a little better.Any suggestions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back