• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Academy(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
  • Just noticed that I'm not on the Player Profiles list!! So I figured I'd better post my updated pokemon list :D -

Selene Evans
    Ryan (Pikachu) lvl. 26 - Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Double Team, Slam
    Ri (Lucario) lvl. 19 - Force Palm, Counter, Detect, Foresight, Bone Rush, Dark Pulse
    Blu (Swablu) lvl.23 - Ice Beam, Mist, Sing, Astonish, Fly, Safeguard
    Sharpay (Horsea) lvl. 19 - Water Gun, Focus Energy, Bubblebeam, Smokescreen, Aurora Beam, Octazooka
    Gordon (Pansear) lvl. 13 - Scratch, Leer, Fury Swipes, Incinerate, Lick, Fire Punch

:D Also I'm not quite sure how Selene's leg is going to end up...she'll more than likely make a full recovery but I'm quite interested in playing out her amputation and her coming to terms with that whilst training and working at the Academy...decisions decisions!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I've thought about it and decided to apply for a second character. |D Namely, an anti-hero because as it is now we really need someone to not be liked.

Name: Mackenzie Quigg
    Nickname: Mac
    Dorm: Raikou
    Appearance: https://img846.imageshack.us/img846/860/mackenzietrainercreator.png

Mac seems to deliberately go out of her way to be terrible at fashion. Socks with sandels, pants that may seem to have been stolen and repainted straight from the uniform of a famous criminal pokemon gang, and clashing colors. She of course does it on purpose. Mac is a young woman with fairly pale skin. She has bleached her hair white and wears a rather big, poofy black hat typically. She also wears purple contacts, despite not needing either contacts or glasses for her vision. She wears a pair of glasses to counteract the damage the contacts do to her vision. What doctor let her do this is unknown.

Personality: Mackenzie is quite frankly, a hipster. She can be incredibly annoying to anyone who sees through her antics, constantly putting up a facade of being too cool for everything around her and casually shrugging off personal attacks. Mackenzie is incredibly obnoxious, perhaps most so because she somehow manages to fool some people with her charades! Those who fail to see through her act see someone incredibly cool and chill. Everyone else? Poser.

History: Mackenzie was raised by a middle class family in Johto. She didn't recieve her pokemon at the age of 10 like most kids, but rather firmly held that training pokemon was too mainstream. As far as anyone knows, she was always a hipster. Asking her peers would probably result in jokes about her being a hipster even before she was born. Truth be told, she just started being one very early. Nobody payed attention to her before she started. Around the approximate age of 15 she decided to cave in and start training pokemon, probably due to being unable to convince everyone that training pokemon was lame.

Despite this, she proceeded to challenge the very standards of how professional battlers battle. She did things like refuse to evolve pokemon and deliberately use pokemon that had long since been studied and determined to have lower potential. She also notably caught a jigglypuff and claims to /like/ the sound of it's singing. She then made her jigglypuff's singing her 'official favorite song'. Of note is the fact that she trained her Smeargle to know the moves it did primarily through watching TV.

All in all, she spent a good portion of her time generally annoying people and trying to shock others with her tactics. Her parents didn't particularly approve of some of the nonsense she did. Thus, one day she literally woke up and found out she was going to Trainer's school. Her parents had hoped that by sending her there she would learn a thing or two about battling. Perhaps ironically (or not) Mackenzie agreed after a brief remark that she didn't need it.

Pokémon

Peinture (Smeargle)
    Personality: Relaxed
    Level: 15
    Moves: Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Extremespeed, Volt Tackle, Haze, Taunt

Mew (Tangela)
    Personality: Mischievous
    Moves: Sunny Day, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Pain Split, Leaf Storm

Melody (Jigglypuff)
    Personality: Sassy
    Moves: Sing, Perish Song, Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • I just checked out the new fighting types, and I noticed you added Dwebble twice. But I think I'll stick with a ghost or dark type. Just not sure which one to pick.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • Jackblaze has given me the honor of making the next class list so here I go.

Pokemon-Trainer Fitness, Basic Knowledge: Jack Jacobs, Vincent Xackford Luna,
    Mark Willson, Mackenzie Quigg

Eggs 101, In Battle Expert: Brain Jameson, Valorie Ryder, Selene Evans, Skye Odell

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Cool I have an egg, XD. Or will I? lol. This should be fun. I'm still trying to figure out my team exactly.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • I still haven't forgotten about the egg I got from the class. Nor have I forgotten that it will be a Igglybuff. Heh, Bri doesn't really have a team dynamic, he just goes with the flow. But I'm still trying to decide on my sixth pokemon. What do you guys think, Misdreavus, Axew, Sneasel, or Zorua? I can't choose!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Sneasel or Axew. Sneasel's speedy and covers both Ice and Dark but Axew only has two weaknesses. That and they're both cute! XD Axew just gets plain awesome when he evolves though.

Dawn

Years
  • I have plans to have Valorie catch an Axew at some point if that effects your decission at all. Personally I recommend Misdreavous or Sneasel.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • Oh man I kind of want to get a lot of pokemon. Maybe a Zorua, Poochyena, Heracross, Sneasel, Buizel, Rufflet and Scyther. Which one do I pick?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Name :Tyson Fitz

Nickname :Ty

Dorm : Raikou Dorm

Appearance: Ty is rather tall for his age, reaching a height of 6'2. He doesn't have much bulk though, so he is fairly lanky. He has fair skin which looks darker from the freckles that cover various portions of his body. Ty has bleached white spiky hair that he dyes constantly. His eyes are a deep green with orange sunbursts. Ty likes to keep it simple when it comes to clothing and as a result he usually just throws on a windbreaker and T-Shirt and a pair of Jeans. He also has a pair of steam-punk goggles as well as a custom steam-punk watch he made himself. When it gets cold out he wears a leather Jacket and a Ski-hat.

Personality: Ty is a good guy, Just know that before I go any further. He loves his friends and family to no end. This is one of his best points. Unfortunately, he has a horrible Fatal flaw; He cannot keep his mouth shut. It doesn't matter what he's thinking, he'll say it. Some would say he's not afraid to speak his mind and call this a good thing. It really isn't. He says anything, good or bad. This tends to get him in trouble often. Of course, he's fairly good at defending himself, so it doesn't affect him as much as it should.

Ty of course has another fatal flaw, and it's that he cares a little too much sometimes. Ty believes that everyone has to deal with enough in their day-to-day problems ,and that they shouldn't have to hear about his too. A result of this is him bottling. He can usually go for a while without Venting, but after too long the stress builds up and he just snaps, usually injuring whoever put him over the edge afterwards.

Ty is one of the most loyal people you will ever meet, and if you ask him for help, he almost always will. Ty loves reading, drawing, and videogames. He has amazing self confidence, and he believes he can do anything or be with anyone provided that he put the effort forward. His will is unbreakable, his work ethic never-ending. As a side note he also has a sort of.... Fixation for girl's feet.

When it comes to rules, Ty isn't exactly a stickler. He feels that nothing is cemented in place and that rules were obviously made to be broken. He doesn't try to convince others to break the rules and if they refuse, he doesn't push the matter. he's not into peer pressure, and he prefers to go off and do his own thing anyway.

History (Where did you grow up? Why you decided to go to the trainer school? Family? Etc..): Ty grew up in the always-bustling Black City in a cramped apartment with a small family. As he grew up he always saw the pokemon battles that took place all over the megalopolis. He envied those with pokemon so much and he found it strange that there weren't ever any wild pokemon in the city. So he continued to watch the battles, learning and storing various bits of information for the day when he would get his first pokemon, which wasn't that far away. When Ty turned 13, his uncle brought him a pokeball that contained a pokemon from the areas around Mistralton city. There was a catch though, He had to name every species that could be found near route 7….

"…Elgyem and….Litwick?"

His grandfather smiled and handed him the pokeball, which had a purple flame seal on it. The pokeball contained a Litwick, Ty's first pokemon.

Ty lived happily with his partner for about 6 months when he got a package in the mail. The package read: Congratulations! The pokemon that was found in the dream has been sent to you!Utterly confused by the cryptic message, Ty tore open the box and found a dream ball. Within it was a small nidoran. Ty kept the nidoran, as there was no return address on the box. It seemed like the Litwick had recognized the Nidoran. The two got along immediately and formed a perfect team. Ty's team of 3 wasn't completed until a few months later, when he found an abandoned Solosis behind a dumpster in the city. It was low leveled and weak, which was probably why it was abandoned. Ty Found out all he could about Solosis and learned that while it was weak at low levels, It had amazing potential. Ty went and bought afew TMs and taught them to the solosis. Ty spent the next year training, but he was beaten nearly every time.

About months after he turned 15, Ty's uncle brought a Pamphlet home to him. The pamphlet contained information on a pokemon trainer's academy! Ty read the Pamhlet over and over until he had it memorized. THIS was exactly what he needed to become a great trainer. This what he had been waiting for his entire life. He begged his parents to let him go, and time and time again they said no. Once again, it was time for his uncle to come to the rescue. A deal was struck. Ty would have to hold his own in a battle against his uncle after his first few months, or else he would not be allowed to stay. Ty agreed to the condition and began to get packed, eager to go to the school of his dreams.

Pokémon
    Species: Litwick
    Nickname: Lumierre
    Personality: Quiet
    Lvl(Max 15):15
    Moveset: Ember, Astonish, Fire Spin, Night shade, Smog, Confuse Ray

Species: Nidoran Male
    Nickname(Optional): Spine
    Personality: Rash
    Lvl(Max 15): 14
    Moveset: Leer, Peck, Double kick

Species: Solosis
    Nickname: Cell
    Personality: Careful
    Lvl(Max 15): 15
    Moveset: Psywave, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psyshock, Trick room, Confuse ray

[EDIT]
    Oh hey everyone

I noticed some quarrels/conversations about PVP and I Felt the need to suggest IM battling. it's rather simple, and doesn't give you much time to cheat. Plus, you get to be creative and can save time on posts if you do a joint post.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • Welcome, Pikakip.

You seem to have moved on to the morning without the rest of the RP, though. >_<;

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • >.< Oh....
    My bad.
    I didn't realize that I had gone on ahead.

I saw my name in the most recent class list and figured it would be a good time to post.

Dawn

Years
  • It's alright. c: I believe it's more like the evening and we're winding down. |D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • So can I venture to guess there are still spots left to be filled for the Suicune Dorm, or....?

Because I would love to join this RP, I just want to make sure. :3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Name: Claude Joseph Jackleto

Nickname: Klu

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: Klu is a small, tiny girl, maybe standing at five feet. She is petite and looks as if she eats good meals, but does not exercise. She skin is nice Asian color, not being too light or too dark. She has shoulder-length black hair, which she kept up in a bun, laced with a fancy red ribbon. The ribbon is made to be a perfect bow-tie with draping side ribbons. Her eyes and cheek freckles are a welcoming, but otherwise pale brown. Her face gives off the impression of excitement and kindness.

Her usual outfit is a large white poncho that has old western style patterns on it laced with black thread. The poncho ends with thick strings. Underneath is a simple and baggy white t-shirt. She wears black jeans that appear brand new and overly starched. The pants end in a cuff. She sports nice brown boots that look like they should be more suited to winter terrain, but she wears them for all occasions. The soles of the shoes give her a couple more centimeters of height.

For accessories, she wears fingerless gold Velcro gloves on both hands.

Personality: In short, Klu is smart, kindhearted to other people, and truly does care about the wellbeing of others, but is only out to really help herself. Klu got into the Suicude dorms for a reason. She's highly educated about Pokemon, far more then the average Pokemon trainer. She will constantly tell facts and trivia about a certain Pokemon, making her come off as a know-it-all occasionally. She only does this to educate and have fun, never to be condescending.

Klu is very calm and modest. She is naturally kind to others and has a warm heart. She will go out of her way to make someone feel comfortable in her presence (although at no cost to herself.) She tends to instantly make emotional connections, making her very easy to get to know and like. She will never become very upset, but at least she will cry if things push her off the edge.

Klu might come off as a bit selfish if you really look into her. She will tend to never give back to others unless she wants to. Her actions are for her own benefit, even the tender care she uses to take good care of her Pokemon is done because she wants a strong team. Don't ever expect anything more than a "thank you," from her.

History: Klu was born thinking she was male. Although this was disproved quickly, she kept the masculine name. She doesn't mind, though, thanks to her cute nickname "Klu," apparently her first "word." She lived in PewterCity, Kanto, and even as small child, she was a pokemon prodigy. By the age of five, she trained the family pets in the backward to decent levels. Her parents allowed her to face the local Gym leader, Brock, and Klu actually beat him and received her own badge. She was thrilled and began looking deeper into the biology and training methods of Pokemon.

When she reached twelve, she had already skipped two grade levels in her school career. She was a straight A student, being the envy of many budding trainers. She avoided any bullies by the awesome Pokemon she trained. She read textbooks on Pokemon for the fun of it, ccreating flashcards for what she called "independent research." She was also revered by her City for the amount of Charity and Community Service she did, basically, she was the poster child of everything good in PewterCity.

When she heard about the new PokemonAcademy opened by the prestigious Pr. Gary Oak, she applied immediately. Her application was lost in the mail, however, so she never was reviewed. Feeling defeated, she spent a great amount of time researching Pokemon. When she felt confident again, she sent in another application.

And guess what she got back?

Her pets were subject to her breeding projects, so she took a couple of the offspring with her.

"Butler" the Pichu
    Lv. 14

Volt Tackle, Charge, Double Team, Thundershock, Charm, Thunder Wave

Butler displays happy-go-lucky traits. He loves to socialize and absolutely adores Klu. He is curious, yet naïve. He looks at danger with more confusion rather than panic. He doesn't understand a lot of things, concepts often going into one ear and out of the other. Not that he's stupid, no, it's because he's relatively a newborn.

"Hobbes" the Poochyena
    Lv. 17

Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang, Sand-Attack, Bite

Hobbes has some sort of vendetta towards Klu, and she doesn't know why. He hates her and will not hesitate to bite her. Speaking of biting, as you can tell from his moves, it's his favorite activity. An obsession, really. He can spend hours just gnawing on something. In fact, his initial reaction to new things it to sniff for potential danger, and then bite on it. He thinks he's top shot, so he always challenges threats to battles.

(Blame Nideous for my recent obsession with the Mightyena Family.)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back