• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Sage Smith
    936902_364632543642404_592098244_n.jpg

Sage smiled at Mark. It seemed he had a student who was genuinely interested in berries. "Your correct, that is a Lum berry. Very useful to have in battle." he pulled out a map of the school. "as for a good place to grow them in private, I'd look for a spot in the forest that's out of the way but you will remember were it is." he circled a spot on the map and handed it to Mark. "I grow plenty of berries here and your welcome to go pick any that you would like."

217434_364632540309071_2067233548_n.jpg
    Oerba Dia Vanille

Vanille smiled back at Adrian, she wasn't sure if he had figured out she knew about his ability to speak to Pokemon, but she understood and respected his choice not to tell her yet. Walking out of the Pokemon center after him she grinned in his direction. "have fun at class!" she called over to him with a cheerful wave before heading in the direction of her class.

Several minutes later she arrived in battlefield 1. Entering the room she saw a few students milling about and smiled looking at Merida and Prince. Looking back up she noticed a man with gray and white hair getting everyone's attention. "Hello student's. My name is Juan and I'm your teacher for Pokemon Coordination. Now to start I ask that each of you take a seat to the side of the battlefield. I will call you up one by one so you can show me what you have already worked with for your Pokemon." Vanille moved to the side of the battlefield with the others and took a seat as a boy raised his hand.

"Sir, what if we're not going to be a coordinator, but are in this class just to learn about something new?"

"if you are just here to learn about it we will get to that part later" Juan said and called the first student up. A rather tall girl with blonde hair. Watching the girl and her Pokemon Vanille clapped with the other students, then it was her name called.

"Let's go Merida" she said standing up. "you stay here Prince" Walking to the cener of the battlefield Vanille nodded and smiled at her Skitty. "You know what to do." Merida ran and disappeared reappearing a second later before twirling a light blue ball forming in her mouth. Merida then looked at the sky and fired a light blue beam into the air, the ice particles shining in the light. Hearing the other students clap Vanille and Merida both bowed.

"That was very good Vanille, I take it you train often?" Juan asked her as she went back to her seat.

"I do sir, I'm from Verdanturf spent my childhood in the contest hall there with Merida" she gently patted her skitty as she retook her seat.

"very good, your form was perfect and a good move combination" Juan smiled before calling the next student to go.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
    Years
  • Iny Gage: Path back to the Academy

"Nope, can't be. It's my first day on the Island so being late today isn't exactly gonna set the best track record for myself" He said Smiling.

"Hey not bad, Same here" Iny said, Leaving out that she got here last night

"So what class do you have exactly? I've got 'Practical Battling with a Mr. Alta'. Sounds pretty good, I'm not really sure what to expect though" he added.

Iny gives him a smile "Looks like you're not rid of me yet then, I got the same thing." She teases, giving him a light punch on the shoulder "I wonder what it's gonna be like..." She asks wondering for a few seconds.

"Well, Only one way to find out!" She says and breaks out in a jog before turning into a full fledged run. "I'll beat you there clumsy!" Iny challenges him.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

After losing to Mark and his Poliwrath Sammy had watched his battle against the teacher, a little taken aback by how aggressive she was being. She had her Pokemon attack him! Sammy had done something similair in the past, true, but it had been for all the right reasons. And when it was a teacher to a student that changed things, didn't it?

After that battle was finished and the class dispersed Sammy decided not to bother with her second class. She had two thirds of her team in desperate need of a pokemon centre, what was she supposed to do, leave them in their pokeballs to suffer? Besides, she knew the attention her team needed right now better than any teacher would. Cubone had not only failed to follow her commands, but then given up on the battle entirely. As for Shuppet, she had only caught the silent little Ghost type last night and she'd already lost her first battle with it... they would both need a bit of TLC. She headed straight for the pokemon centre and had both Cubone and Shuppet seen to by the nurse. Then while the other students were all headed to class, Sammy went off and found an empty field on the outside of Oak Town. Releasing both Pokemon from their pokeballs she sat down on the grass and beckoned both of them over to her. Cubone came trotting over immediately, while Shuppet slowly hovered towards her.

"Okay guys, I thought we could do with a little chat after what happened. Are you alright Cubone?"
    "... cu..."
    "Listen buddy, I'm sorry things went down like that. Do you want to battle? You don't have to if it's too scary for you."
    "... bone... Cubone!" The Lonely Pokemon exclaimed, swinging his bone club. Apparently he was eager to battle. That was something at least...
    "Okay, so long as you're sure. But that means listening to me, y'know? When I give you an order in a battle I'm doing it to help you win. I know that after everything that's happened to you that's not the easiest thing, but I have your best interests at heart. I promise. So let's make a deal. You try and work with me a little more and I'll help you be the toughest Pokemon on the island. How's that sound?"
    "Cubone! Cubone!" He capered happily, swinging his club around. That was one thing dealt with... now for the other.
    "So... Shuppet. I'm sorry our first battle didn't go so well. And I know we haven't really had a chance to get to know each other yet... how're you feeling about everything?"

Shuppet just... floated. Bobbing up and down in the air slightly, staring at Sammy with his big round eyes. That was when she noticed that Shuppet never seemed to blink... just watch.

"Uh... so I guess you're the silent type, huh? That's cool I guess. I just... hope we're cool?"

Shuppet continued to give no response, never looking anywhere except straight into Sammy's eyes. She had heard that Ghost Pokemon could be difficult to deal with, and downright creepy, but she had been expecting a mischevious prankster, not this eerie creature. But he had listened to her during the battle and followed all of her commands without question or hesitation. So they must be compatible... hopefully.

"Well... cool then, I guess... we'll just have to try harder next time. I mean, Mark's Poliwrath was pretty strong. We probably weren't totally evenly matched, but I reckon with a bit of work we can beat him. He hasn't even seen Corphish yet, but then I don't really know what else he has other than that Sableye of his. I think he said he has a full team, so he'll probably throw something totally different at us next time... ugh! What am I doing? Come on guys, we better get a move on and do some training. How about we check out the forest? We might be able to find some small bug types for you to train on Cubone."
    "Cubone!"

Sammy laughed and shook her head, pushing herself to her feet. She called both Pokemon back to their pokeballs, it was much easier than slowing down for Cubones short stride. Dusting off her jeans she set off in the direction of the forest, determined to be a stronger trainer. Even if she might be in trouble for skipping out on class...​

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Conor Crawford || Path back to the Academy

Iny looked at Conor and gave him a smile. "Looks like you're not rid of me yet then, I got the same thing." Conor couldn't help but smile, Iny then proceeded to give him a light punch on the shoulder.

"I wonder what it's gonna be like..." Iny quizzed. "Well, Only one way to find out!" she added a few seconds later before she proceeded to turn a jog into a fully-fledged run.

"I'll beat you there clumsy!" she shouted as she started running back towards the Academy. "Ah c'mon you got a head start, that's not fair" Conor replied jokingly as he started to run after her.

"I'm not even here a day and I've met some great people" Conor thought to himself as he was running back to the Academy and also watching Iny who was a bit ahead of him. Conor was now running back along the same area that he battled the Phanpy earlier that day. "That Phanpy earlier ... it sure had power and determination. I'm gonna find you again Phanpy, and this time your mine" Conor muttered with a smile, looking out over the fields as he continued to run.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Mark took a look at the map. It marked a certain area within the forest. The teacher seemed to grow some berries around there too so hopefully Mark would have a good selection of stuff to bring along with him. Maybe some more Lum Berries! Mark couldn't really think of much else to ask... and the class of course seemed like it would be getting rather short at that. Well it was for educational purposes! Mark would just have to get used to the whole Berry growing thing.

"Ah... Thanks! I'll go check that out right now. I'll try not to take too much. Thank you!" Mark said as he headed on out the door. All he'd have to do is find this spot on that'd be it for what he would be learning in this class. Dandy! Mark quickly made a B-line straight for the forest. He didn't have much other plans after that though. He was hoping something would happen along the way...

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper
    Sammy trudged her way through the forest - very unfamilair territory for her. For someone that had spent almost their entire life on the open ocean all of this was unusual to her. How could anyone tell where they were going when they couldn't see any distance around them with all these trees in the way? And you couldn't see the sky to navigate either... maybe this had been a mistake, but she was never going to admit it. But it was still quite a few minutes until she came across anything. Fortunately, it was pretty much exactly what she had been looking for.

A wild Caterpie was by the roots of a particularly large tree, munching on a leaf. It was kind of cute, and it seemed cruel to attack the poor little guy with no intention of capturing him... but she had to look out for her own Pokemon first and right now Cubone needed some real experience battling other Pokemon, as well as a confidence booster.

Holding up Cubone's pokeball she threw it forwards, releasing Cubone. "Cubone, use Bone Club on that Caterpie, just keep hitting it!"

Cubone looked nervously to Sammy, then towards the Caterpie. The poor Bug type had noticed its attackers and was starting to wriggle away, but very slowly...

"I know you can do it Cubone!"

Taking a deep breath Cubone trotted forward and started smacking the Caterpie with its bone club, the much smaller Pokemon being defeated almost instantly. Cubone stared down at his vanquished foe and raised his bone club into the air, crying out in victory. It was a sad scene, but one very important to Cubone.

"That was great work buddy," Sammy smiled. "You'll be a champ in no time."​

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark remembered the forest all too well. So much tended to happen in these parts. Nothing but bad luck. His first time going through here, several beedrill attacked and nearly poisoned one of his old friends. The forest seemed to be more calm today but one wrong move could set the whole forest into a frenzy. Then again, this was where he caught Able. However she ended up being a big problem as well. Now he was getting kind of nervous. If he had so much bad lucky previously, what would happen today?

Lucky for Mark he saw a familiar face as he was traveling to his destination. It was Sammy from his first class! Mark never did get a chance to finish chatting before. Mark walked up to her and poked her back.

"Fancy running into you here." Mark said.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
    Years
  • Iny Gage: Path back to the Academy

"Ah c'mon you got a head start, that's not fair" Conor replied jokingly as he started to run after her.

"It's Totally fair! You got those long legs, Use em!" Iny Yells back in a mocking tone, Keeping up a strong pace, her long brown hair whipping around wildly as she ran ahead. "You gonna let a girl beat you this easily Clumsy?" She continues to tell out, Teasing the boy following behind her.

Looking ahead she can see the dorm buildings coming up fast. Looking at the lugia dorm he shivers a bit "Never again" She quietly whispered under her own breath, Knowing herself though, she would break this rule someday. Looking back at the boy who she met outside of that very building. "Thats right, I don't even know his name yet" She thinks to herself. "Oh well, I'll figure it out during class later." Resolving her own question.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Haru Hatake

Haru paced around the Pokemon Center. He was a little worried about Holly running out with her pills close behind her and also HTS didn't know the full story. He looked to his small group of pokemon, that he had released only moments ago. Geronimo was pacing back and forth as well. He was itching for some action, as well as Torch and Twitch. "Guys, do you want to battle?" He earned enthusiastic nods from the entire team. "Damn straight!" He grinned and decided to lighten the mood. "Let's go!" They marched out of the Pokemon Center with their chins and knees held high. "To battle we will go, to battle we will go, high ho the dairyo! To battle we will go!" They made for and awkward procession, but a procession none the less. Haru was a bit tired, admittedly, but he wouldn't let that stop him from having a battle!

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Conor Crawford || Path back to the Academy

"You gonna let a girl beat you this easily Clumsy?" Iny shouted as she continued to run ahead of Conor. "Alright then let's go Conor, just like back home" Conor thought to himself. Memories of his days as a kid, running through the fields and climbing the trees came rushing back to him. He soon picked up the pace and was running at a steady, quick pace.

The dorm buildings approached on the horizon, they were almost there. Conor looked onwards to the 'Lugia Dorm' that they stood outside of not that long ago. "At least one good thing came out of that dilemma" Conor thought as he looked forward towards Iny and smiled.

Finally Conor managed to catch up to Iny. The Academy building was in sight, they were getting close. Conor was becoming worn out but he had to keep going. After all he couldn't give Iny the chance to gloat about beating him in a race.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Bai Kong​

"Still, I don't think you should be doing all of this alone," stated Bai worriedly. "I trust in your abilities, but everyone needs help at least once in their lifetime, correct? This might be that one time, but, as per your wishes, I will not get involved in the battle between you and Giratina. Still, if you want something, just ask. It doesn't matter if it's in the middle of class or not."

The announcement for classes rang overhead, which Bai heard and immediately panicked over.

"Wait, does that include me because I just got here and I have no idea where my classroom is supposed to be or a lesson or anything," babbled Bai until she got a phone call.

"Wei?" greeted Bai. She blinked. "Ah, Cynthia. Um, so does tha--it does. You picked out a classroom for me? In Room 301 in the academy building nearest the Suicune dorms. Got it. Thanks."

Bai hung up and glanced apologetically at Zen. "I am so sorry, but I probably shouldn't skip out on my first day on the job. If you would like, we could talk later?"

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper
    Sammy made a strange, high pitched yelp and spun around, looking like she was about to punch Mark right in the face. Part of the way through the motion she seemed to realise who it was and pulled back, going off balance and staggering backwards a few steps before regaining her equalibrium.

"H- Wh- Don't sneak up on me like that! I'm out here battling vicious Pokemon, I could've killed you!" She yelled, putting her hands on her knees and leaning forward, trying to catch her breath. "Sorry, just... I'm totally not used to being snuck up on. Or forests. Blergh." She stood back up and gave herself a shake. "Okay, I'm cool, I'm cool. What're you doing out here anyway?"

Cubone came padding over from his vanquished foe (who really wasn't vicious at all), watching Mark nervously.​

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
    Years
  • Iny Gage: The Academy.

Not hearing a response from behind she figured he was too far away for him to hear her "Oh well, Looks like I win" She says to herself, still keeping up her solid pace, Quickly approaching The academy. "I dont even know where my next class is, For all I know this could be the opposite side of the building" She thinks to herself.

Suddenly though, she notices movement in her peripheral Vision, Looking to the side, It was clumsy, Quickly catching up.

"Well, Looks like you caught up after all, Hope you still have enough energy left for the final stretch!" She says, Picking up a swift sprint Towards the doors of the building. "Tch, There's no way he will catch up." She says to herself, Fully confident in her ability to win.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • http://i.imgur.com/kBdyRGn.jpg
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Zen the Gardevoir

Smoothie > Bai's Classroom

2-9: Paths Crossed

282.png

Zen shook her head with a gentle smile. "It's all alright. I can even help you get to your classroom! I might just hang around, as it'd give me something to do." She picked up her half-full smoothie and placed a hand over Bai's shoulder. "I have a photographic memory, so finding your class should be very easy." She closed her eyes, causing the both of them to light up in a bright pink color until they both vanished into thin air. "I'm almost certain this is it." She pointed to the numbered sign at the door. "Uhm... That's the right number, correct? I... Can't read."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn thought he was cracking a joke, so was taken a little aback with her frown as a reaction. He watched as the Gastly entered her body for a second or two, apparently making her tired. She looked like she was ready to sleep again before her Xtransciever went off again. When she answered this time, it revealed a dark-haired guy she referred to as Satoshi.

"Satoshi? That must be her brother," Shawn thought as he pieced the puzzle together, "That must mean...she saw him in her dream. Why would she ask forgiveness from him? Why would he be upset with her?" Seeing Kayla's family call and seemingly care for her welfare made him feel more and more alone. Soon, though, his team will be strong and he'd go on his search...

Shawn stretched and looked to Kayla, not wanting to distract her from her conversation. "Do you...do you want me to step out to talk to him?" he asked.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla looked at Shawn and shook her head. "Don't leave," she whispered. "Please..." She grabbed his hand and turned back to her Xtransciever. "What do you want?" she asked her brother. Satoshi looked uncomfortable as he whispered, "I just wanted to see if you're okay..." Kayla frowned. "Now you're worried about me? I thought you hated me, Satoshi." She looked down at the ground. "That's why you tried to get rid of me..." Satoshi sighed. "I was just jealous, alright? I-I'll call back later..." he muttered. Kayla looked up. "Sato-" She got cut off when he hung up and sighed. She looked up at Shawn and smiled weakly. "Sorry about that..." She squeezed his hand and sighed again. "Please don't leave..."

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla looked at Shawn and shook her head. "Don't leave," she whispered. "Please..." She grabbed his hand and turned back to her Xtransciever. "What do you want?" she asked her brother. Satoshi looked uncomfortable as he whispered, "I just wanted to see if you're okay..." Kayla frowned. "Now you're worried about me? I thought you hated me, Satoshi." She looked down at the ground. "That's why you tried to get rid of me..." Satoshi sighed. "I was just jealous, alright? I-I'll call back later..." he muttered. Kayla looked up. "Sato-" She got cut off when he hung up and sighed. She looked up at Shawn and smiled weakly. "Sorry about that..." She squeezed his hand and sighed again. "Please don't leave..."

Last edited:

siiadams

Years

As Kayla grabbed his hand, Shawn felt a wave of...something...something he had never felt before. It made him feel like he was important, like he was somebody. His heart seemed to burst with emotion, but he had no idea what to do with it. He gently squeezed her hand as she almost seemed to plead to him to stay. He quickly sat back down and smiled, "Ok, I'm not going anywhere."

He decided to ask the nagging questions that plagued his thoughts. "What happened between you and your brother?" he asked, "Seems like you two have something to work out. Can I be of any help?" Shawn felt the drive to help her, no matter what the situation was. It felt like...like he was in love.

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed softly. "He hates me," she whispered "I don't know why, though. He never really explained... He tried to get rid of me a few years ago. He gave me Jasmine and practically forced me out of the house... He told me to go on a journey. I came back, though. My parents had been worried sick and offered a huge award for anyone who brought me back... A man had brought me back, but he was an idiot..."

Kayla frowned. "I'm rambling now..." she whispered. "Sorry... I don't really know why my brother hates me... Or why he just called..." She felt tears in her eyes and sniffled. "The only time we got along was when Holly needed help... I guess Satoshi couldn't keep hating me..." Kayla started to cry.

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark backed up a bit from the reaction. Guess it served him right for sneaking up on the girl. A little longer and he might have received a good Jab on the face! Mark looked over to the Cubone to see he had beaten up a Caterpie. Hm... interesting... but kind of cruel at the same time. Mark simply shrugged it off. She was probably training her Cubone.

"Woah Woah! Haha... sorry about that. I didn't mean to startle you... though I guess poking you out of nowhere would do that. Haha..." Mark said with a nervous smile. "My teacher actually gave me some instructions to come down here and look for a berry patch he's growing. I wanted to grow some Lum Berries around there." He added. Snype looked down at the Cubone curiously. After the last battle the poor thing was probably nervous around him.

"Oh, what brings you here? Training?" Mark asked.

siiadams

Years

Shawn felt awful right then. When he brought up the questions, Kayla seemed ok with talking about it. Sounded like her brother wanted to kick-start her own pokemon journey, but neither her nor her parents were ready for it. It appeared that her parents were wealthy (the Xtransciever on her wrist was his first clue), so maybe her brother wanted her out of the way to claim their inheritance or something. With a lot of money on the line, anything could happen.

He was completely off-guard when she started crying, which was why he felt awful. He felt responsible for it, so it was his responsibility to help her. Still holding her hand, he slowly pulled her to him. He wrapped his arms around her, allowing Kayla to cry on her shoulder. As he used one hand to softly stroke her hair, he whispered, "I'm sorry for bringing up a sore subject. I wish I could say I know how you feel, but..." Shawn simply trailed off and let her cry.

Back