• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Mountains (Deep inside a Cave)

The small Aron's body was glowing and began to grow. When the intense flash of light was no longer there, a much larger, tougher Pokémon was in its place. It growled, its iron body flowing with newfound energy, bringing a smirk to its trainer's face. "Awesome! Now, use Take Down!" he commanded, and the Ar-I mean Lairon obeyed, charging the wild Dugtrio recklessly and with full power. The Ground-type appeared to have taken a lot of damage, but to Alice's surprise (and her tag partner's delight), Lairon took no recoil damage, and stood its ground defiantly.

"It's finally going down!" he exclaimed, "We're gonna make it!"

The Dugtrio was fighting a losing battle now. Being surrounded by a kajillion illusory copies of a Ralts, and having just been hit by a very powerful move after enduring attacks for so long was making it feel depleted of its energy. Alice expected it to run away in realization that it was fighting a losing battle, but it appeared that the Dugtrio had a lot of pride. Instead, its anger grew to a peak, and it began to move randomly across the rocky floor, leaving huge marks behind and making the earth shake slightly as it moved. Alice was beginning to lose her balance, and it wasn't long before she fell on her knees. To her horror, she looked up to see that the mad Dugtrio was heading right for her with her claws. Her face turned pale, and was immobilized by the fear.

Grace, however, grabbed her and teleported some feet away, thus saving her life. In spite of that, however, Alice stood frozen, in complete shock. Her tag partner grunted, and saw that the Dugtrio was moving in his Lairon's direction. He commanded another Take Down attack, which was delivered with full force and hit the mad Pokémon right in one of its three foreheads stopping it in its tracks. The collision took a huge chunk of energy from Dugtrio, and it remained dizzy. The male trainer then took out a black and yellow kind of Pokéball and hurled it at the Ground Pokémon; the device shook around a few times before it clicked. The rumbling of the earth appeared to have stopped.

Alice, did not even notice that the battle was over. Her eyes and mind were still fixed on her recent near death experience. Grace poked her with her arms, and what she received in response was a glomp, and was hugged tightly against her trainer's chest. "Th-thank you... You... You saved m-my life!" She then felt a hand in her shoulder, and quickly turned, frightened. "EEK!" she screamed, before seeing her tag partner and his Lairon beside her. "It's alright. It's over." he said, showing her the Ultra Ball with the dizzy Dugtrio in it, "We won." He put the ball on his belt and extended his hand. "Here, let me help you up." Alice slowly let go of Grace and grabbed the young man's hand, and managed to shakily get back on her feet.

Then, suddenly, the earth around them began to shake. "Wh-Whoa! M-More are c-coming!" Alice shrieked, before being interrupted by parts of the rocky ceiling collpasing nearby and blocking the only exit they had. "It's a cave-in!" the male trainer said, "We have to get out of here, now!" The rocks kept falling, and in a few seconds both trainers would be covered by rubble! They had to think of a way to escape, and fast! Alice then got an idea. "Quick, retreat your Lairon and grab my arm!" she shouted, and the guy immediately did as told. When he grabbed Alice's hand, a huge rock began to make its way to crush them. "Grace, Teleport us out of here!" she commanded, and Grace held on to Alice and began to glow with Psychic energy. Then, in a flash of light, the three of them disappeared, just in time before the rock hit the spot they were standing in.

Years
Kayla and Amy

Kayla sighed and looked down at the ground. She felt one of her Pokeballs shake in her pocket and gasped when Yuri popped out. The puppy growled and looked around. Kayla frowned. "What's wrong?" she asked. Yuri growled louder. Kayla picked her up and petted her head. "What's the matter with you?" she asked. She looked up and smiled when she saw Amy getting closer. Yuri struggled against Kayla's arms. Kayla stopped walking when she reached Amy and let Yuri jump from her arms.

Amy hugged Kayla and whimpered. "I'm so sorry for running away like that," she whispered. Kayla hugged her back and smiled. "It's okay... But I'm not really the one you should apologize to, huh?" She pulled away from the hug and picked Yuri up again. Amy sighed and took a deep breath. "Right... Where's Holly?" she asked. Kayla shrugged. "She could be where I left her... Or she could have went somewhere else," she said, remembering the exchange that she had with her earlier. She turned to Shawn for support.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernanvard – Deep Forest​

Although she usually wasn't one to wander the wilderness without a good reason she did have a better reason now. The rockets were now at the academy, so that meant her team had to be ready for anything. No doubt they had strong pokemon on their sides so the more training they got in, then the better of a chance they would stand up to those criminals. She knew more than anything that Lirum would have to be trained up to get in line with the rest of the team and where else but in a place like this? There had to be some pokemon around that could prove a challenge to the water type after all.

She bit her lower lip as she heard the cascades of pokemon cries around her… yet she really couldn't see anything around here. It was a combination of the darkness and her unfamiliarity of her surroundings that was now doing her in. It wasn't her place to go snooping around in forests where who knows what could come leaping out at her to try and drag her into the darkness. It was… an adult's job to come out here, and more specifically someone who could only sigh as her clothing got dirty from the various hazards out here.

"This really is no place for a female." She muttered to herself, "Make a note Roberto, never to come back to this forest again."

The Scizor just lightly nodded his head and moved ahead of his charge, looing about for any sort of hostility from the local population. So far it seemed that the forest dwellers were rather used to students coming by and invading their territory, though he hoped that Lucia didn't stay here for long. No doubt students would just pass through and not linger, and it looked to be that Lucia wasn't going to be the kind that would linger anyways. Given that she was steaming a bit over her shoes being covered with dirt, he knew that in at least under an hour she would get out as quickly as she came in.

She kept on going until she heard a loud croaking sound. Lucia grinned and pulled out Lirum's pokeball, "Alright Lirum. You don't know about the technique system that well, but you need to learn how to obey my commands. Alright? Now, there is a pokemon around here, find it and used a Confusion on it."

The Golduck smirked and his eyes glowed a deep blue as he felt out for any nearby life forms and he turned to point over in a bush. With a single flick of a claw most of the bush was torn away and a Croagunk was revealed. The poison type let out a light croak as Lucia nodded, "Right, hit it with a Confusion Lirum!"

The Golduck nodded and held out a hand to the frog, though the Croagunk was quick to leap forward and hit the Golduck with a Poison Jab in the gut. Lirum gasped and gritted his teeth, his eyes glowing even brighter with his fury as he flung the fighter over a bush. There was the sound of the unconscious body crashing to the ground in the woods as Lirum smugly put his hands back on his hips, glad to have shown another pokemon who was boss.

Lucia nodded, "Good job Lirum. Just listen to my commands and you'll do well. This isn't the mansion anymore; none of these pokemon will lie off. If they have the chance they will try to beat you in combat." The Golduck just flashed her a cocky smile and she scratched at her head, "Eh… you'll learn Lirum. I'm certain you will."

The three continued on in, with Lirum looking over at Roberto and giving a sly wink, "Hehe, so… now that I'm here, any interesting… mon at the academy?"

Roberto sighed, "Just don't try Lirum. I cannot afford to have Lucia kicked out because of your… presence."

The Golduck grinned and teasingly dragged a claw along the steel type's carapace, "Hehe, don't worry! I only take those that are… willing."

The bug quickened his pace and the Golduck chuckled, "Sorry, it's so easy to get to you Robby!"

As they went deeper and deeper Lucia eventually caught sight of yet another pokemon. A Heracross was pressed against a tree and eagerly slurping at the sap that flowed out. Lucia cocked her head at the sight and pulled up her Pokedex, "Hm… Heracross… yadda yadda… is bug and fighting. So water moves won't really work against him, but psychic moves will be effective." She put the dex away and nodded to Lirum. "You're up then Lirum. We'll start off with a Confusion okay?"

The Golduck smirked and stepped on up, though as he looked at the Heracross a different thought crossed his mind. "Yo, big girl, why don't ya spend a while and have a bit of fun?"

The Heracross turned about, some sap dripping from her lip and stared at the duck that had called her out. She looked about ready to run at him, had it not been for Lirum giving her a sly wink and proudly flexing his muscles, "Hehe, bet you haven't seen a good looking duck like me before have you?" Lirum teased. A pink heart shot out and slammed right into the Heracross and a blush quickly formed over the bug's face.

The female twisted her head away as Lirum casually walked up to his opponent and let a claw drag along her chest, "You're a big girl aren't you?" He said softly, "I would so hate to damage you… and you wouldn't harm little me would you?"

If a Heracross could ever be described as being a shade of red, it would be here and now. The female shivered as the Golduck was close to her and Lirum just let a small smirk form over his face, "No need to tremble now my dear. We will have all the time in the world… but that time will have to be later." His eyes glowed a deep blue as he flicked one claw up into the air. The Heracross would soon find herself rising up and then flying back, slamming her back against the tree as Lirum shrugged, "Tough love my dear."

Meanwhile Lucia looked on and sighed, "Not the way I wanted him to do it… but it works." She muttered to Roberto. The bug looked on with a bit of distaste at the duck's… wormy actions. The Scizor would never stoop to charm an opponent or trying to use moves to paralyze or what not. He always enjoyed taking an enemy head on, when they were strong… except in the cases where Lucia's safety was put into the mix.

The Heracross, for a brief moment, regained her senses and rammed into the smug duck with a Horn Attack before the infatuation set in again and she looked away in shame. Lirum just sighed and tsked in disapproval, "And here I thought we were becoming so close… you just ruined a good thing." His eyes glowed yet again and he sent out a Confusion at the Heracross yet again, slamming her against several limbs high up in the tree and then he let her fall to the ground.

Lucia nodded, "Good job Lirum… but you need to learn to listen to me. I didn't ask for an Attract."

The Golduck once more gave a mere shrug and looked over at the unconscious Heracross, "Hm… still, she's a lovely lass-"

"No." Roberto said firmly. "You are not here to appease others Lirum, you are here to help Lucia and to obey her. Keep that in mind."

Lirum just flashed him a grin as he was recalled into his ball and Lucia nodded, "Yeah… I think that's good enough for now. Lirum has the basics down at least. Alright, let's head out Roberto. We need to head to the academy and hopefully Mark is there. If not we can just take a look around and see how the academy is fairing. Hopefully there aren't rockets running around left and right already." She sighed and rubbed her head, "Keep a look out as well for suspicious activities and people."

Lucia sighed as she looked down at her shoes yet again, but she moved on through the forest, back out into the plains. The mountains were to her left and looked large and imposing and off to her right she could see Oak Town in the distance. She brushed back her head and began to move on to the academy. Hopefully the situation there wouldn't be that bad… right?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark and Gary were well into their battle, throwing out every one of their Pokemon. Mark had a heavy disadvantage but he was still somewhat able to hold his own ground against Gary, just barely though. Everything Mark learned was being made use of. Able still struggled to listen but was growing more competent, Len was the usual muscle that he was, Commodore was able to test out his newfound power and really threw Gary off guard, and even Kara got a bit of the action! In the end though, it was all down to Snype once more, just as the fight began. It was down to Snype and Blastoise.

"I'll give it to you. Your not that bad Mark. Sure I'm totally creaming you right now but hey, it was a good effort right?" He said.

"The Battle isn't over until its over." Mark said.

"Except it is. I've been holding back a bit just because I wanted to see what kind of trainer you are." Gary replied.

"What? Comon! You think I'm afraid of you? Once I win, me and my team will go out and finish what you couldn't! Team Rocket is going down!" Mark shouted at him. Gary was silent and held onto the charm on his necklace. He gripped onto it tightly.

"Well... if you want me to go all out, then I guess that's that then huh?" He said with a smirk. The charm would begin to glow along with the Blastoise. Just what was he up too? Snype stood firm on the ground, ready for anything that might happen.

"Snype! Now! Foul Play!" Mark shouted. The Sableye turned into a darkish aura and was about ready to ram right into the Blastoise... before he could though, Blastoise ended up becoming surrounded in another Aura himself. An orb of some sort. Within seconds, there was a heavy stream of water that emerged right out of it! Snype couldn't resist a move like that... he was quickly sent right back to his side of the battlefield and crashed right into Mark!

What emerged, was the same Blastoise, except with a much larger cannon on his back and two cannons on his arms. Did he just evolve or something?

"Ack! Snype! Get up! Comon!" Mark said. But the Sableye was down for the count. After a move like that? No way. Gary simply crossed his arms.

"I got this little trinket during a trip to the Kalos Region. They have special stones over there that can be used only if you have a special bond with your Pokemon. They call it Mega Evolution. The whole idea of it is still being researched. I'd assist but I still have a school to run and protect." He said. The Blastoise stood there for awhile so that Mark could grasp that he was extremely weak in comparison to the staff of the school.

Eventually he was returned to his Pokeball. "Still, like I said. You aren't too half bad. Maybe this whole program is working..." Gary said.

"What? Program? What do you mean? Its a school for trainers! Why aren't you more concerned for their safety?" Mark asked.

"You think I'm not? We have members of the Elite Four all over the school to protect it. Team Rocket has grown into overwhelming numbers and for whatever reason, they're still wining despite having lackluster skills. They have something out there... but we just don't know what it is and I can't take that kind of risk yet." Gary said.

"You still didn't answer my question." Mark replied as he returned Snype into his Pokeball. "A school full of trainers now in danger from Team Rocket... why haven't you sent them home or anything like that? Their parents must be worried sick!" Mark said.

"Of course they are. I've called all of them, even yours. If I sent them home though, then we would lose the only opposing force we have against Team Rocket." Gary replied.

Mark blinked and thought about what he just said there. The only Opposing Force? Wait... "So... what?! Hang on! Are you telling me that you started these classes with the intent of making a group of students that can take on a group like this? Criminals and all of that?"

"Bingo." Gary simply said. "Every Region has had its fair share of supernatural activities due to these large criminal organizations with little resistance against them. Some don't have the training or preperation to deal with these sorts of people. So what if we took several Gym Leaders around the world and taught a large group of students their ways? We would have a force that not even the entirety of Team Rocket could fend against. Your just one of the examples of the many trainers that have grown in such a short time. You only arrived a few months ago. Already your growing to be an amazing trainer. Wouldn't you agree?" Gray said.

Mark nodded. So that was the point all along. It made sense! Everyone here was learning something to help them in some way or fashion. Put all of them together and that would turn out to be a force to be reckoned with. Team Rocket went down the first time because of some child prodigy. Were they trying to make trainers that were close to that so large groups like Team Rocket couldn't threaten the world again?

Gary walked toward the elevator and signaled Mark to follow him, which he did. The two would end up at the first floor, still being guarded by Houndoom. They were sitting calmly as instructed.

"If your going to fight back against Team Rocket, don't do it alone alright? Your capable of taking on a couple of grunts and protecting folks who can't defend their selves. Just don't let it get to your head. Me and the rest of the staff are planning a way to put an end to this. For now, keep training. You'll know when we're ready." Gary said.

"Right. Um... sorry for all the stuff I said up there." Mark said, rubbing his head a little shyly now.

"Psh. It's nothing. I was the same once. Take care of yourself Mark." Gary replied as he was just about to head into the door. "Oh... and Mark? You wouldn't happen to know anything about that flying ship back in Halloween would you? I've been investigating that little incident..." He added with a smirk.

Mark quickly jumped in surprise. Oh crap! He knew?! Mark just got a bunch of ghost Pokemon together and sent his private cruiser sailing over the island... "U-uh..." Gary quickly interupted him though.

"Ha. Just joking with you. Smell ya later." He said as he closed the doors and headed back to his office.

Smell ya later? Who the heck says that anymore? Well, whatever the case, His Pokemon needed healing. He was battling for a really long time.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm
Outside

Shawn smiled as Amy came up to the pair, her face streaked from tears. As Kayla came forward to hug Amy, he felt something at his leg. He looked down, smiling more as Zapper looked up at him. He bent down to pick up the little Emolga, smiling as he cuddled her to his cheek. "Well done, Zapper," he said with a hint of a whisper, "I knew you'd do a good job." He smiled and chuckled a little as she responded with a cheerful "Ga!".

As Shawn stood back up, placing Zapper on his shoulder, he heard both girls show concern about Holly. He felt Kayla's gaze rest upon him as he turned to her, concern showing in her eyes. They were both hoping that Holly was still where she fell earlier. Shawn smiled, placing a hand on Kayla's shoulder, "Well, I know how to find out. Zapper, do you have enough energy to find one more person?" He turned to his teammate as she nods quickly, smiling more. "OK, Zap. We're looking for Holly. You remember her, right?" Zapper nodded as he pointed out the direction they last saw her. The little Emolga jumped off his shoulder and, with a resounding cheer, glided away into the distance.

"Don't worry, y'all," he said to both girls, "If Zapper can't find her, THEN we should worry!" He smiled as he said this, hoping they'd take it as a slight joke. Shawn slowly started walking the same way that Zapper flew, keeping his eyes to the heavens for the signal.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Pokemon Center Infirmary
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie just sort of went pale as Kale dashed her hopes and attempts at coping with the situation. Suddenly concentrating was a whole lot harder and her mind was blank. What did she... do? A feeling of utmost dread washed over her and Kale would be able to feel how tense she was just by examining her arm. The blade stirred when he handled her, seemingly not much appreciating having the cloth touched.

"And I'm stuck here..." she muttered in a tone full of angst. It was going to be fairly hard keeping her in a room for any extended period of time, by the sound of it. "What do you mean..?" she asked in response to Kale's idea, frustrated. Who else was she supposed to get this blade to latch onto? Was that... right? Who could she possibly ask to carry that sort of burden. "That sounds..." she started, clearly uneasy about the prospect. She trailed off, unable to or unwilling to finish her sentence. She shook her head.

Someone knocked on the open door to grab the two's attention.

Valorie looked up and her eyes widened a bit at the sight of the caped figure that adorned the entrance to the infirmary. It was none other than -the- Lance that met her gaze, an appraising look in his eyes. He was obviously taking in the situation at hand. This took only a moment and he nodded, seemingly in acknowledgment of their thoughts. Valorie seemed stunned, unable to formulate a sentence though her lips searched for one.

"...So it sounds like you've had a rough time." Lance said, his tone lax and yet respectfully serious; it was perfect for breaking the ice! "Are you alright? Candice made it sound like you were on your deathbed." Lance remarked, once again somewhere between attempting to be lax and being respectful towards the seriousness of the situation. Valorie simply nodded in response. "...It's not all that uncommon for the cold to take your voice away, but if you're too weak to speak--" Lance started, clearly about to offer to have this conversation another time when Valorie suddenly remembered how to form words.

"N-No, I'm fine. I'm just... cold." she blurted out, stumbling all over her words. A pleased little smile appeared on Lance's face. "We were just trying to... get this pokemon off of me." she remarked. Valorie seemed humbled by Lance's presence, nervous even. The master dragon trainer's gaze shifted to Honedge and he nodded in acknowledgement.

"I have a theory." he stated hesitantly, moving over as if to get a better look. He seemed very comfortable in that cape of his, having gotten plenty used to it. "I didn't get the full story, but perhaps I don't need it" Lance said, fishing out a single pokeball and offering it to Valorie's free hand. She accepted the ball, looking up at Lance in a confused manner. "Do you see how tightly it's gripping your arm? Well, it's not attacking anyone and it's not putting you in immediate danger. It must have other reasons for sticking around, right?" Lance began to explain to Valorie, seemingly attempting to teach her an important lesson. At the same time, he was making a point to stay out of reach of the sentient blade. "This Pokemon is called Honedge; it's a steel type pokemon, so it's probably not ill." he went on hesitating a moment as if waiting for Valorie to interrupt him. She did no such thing. "-I- believe that's a possessive grip you're feeling. For some reason or another this pokemon has claimed you as it's own." the dragon master finished.

Valorie immediately snapped to attention. "But... Trainers should control their Pokemon, not the other way around! And besides, I don't really want her. She tried to eat my spirit." she protested, somewhat indignant to the notion that a Pokemon would claim her instead of the other way around. She didn't like this role reversal for even one moment.

"...I know you don't like ghosts; I saw what happened back at HoTa corporation. Ghosts are far from the only pokemon that can be dangerous if not handled appropriately; That's why we carry Pokemon for our protection." Lance said, causing Valorie to freeze up in mild horror as she recalled a certain event and found herself verbally cornered. "If I held a grudge every time a dragon pokemon was less than friendly I wouldn't be the trainer I am today! ...If I hear correctly, this might not be the best time for you to be picky about free help." he then continued, his tone turning a bit grim.

"Speaking of which, I'll leave the rest of that decision up to you. Believe it or not that wasn't why I'm here. There's something more... pressing that needs to be addressed: Team Rocket." Lance explained, tone taintd with distaste for the criminal organization. "If you need a moment to finish dealing with your honedge, I understand. That pokeball is yours should you need it." he quickly added after a moment. It seemed that Lance had personal reasons for being here, and that he apparently knew Valorie on a name to name basis. How did that happen?

Megaman765

Years
Mark and Lucia JP

Mark would eventually make it back to the Pokemon Center down in Oak Town. After a long battle like that, his team deserved all the rest that they could get. Mark was just now suddenly realizing that he just went against Gary! He ran the whole school and everything! That Mega Evolution stuff was insane. If only Mark could do something like that. He wondered if a Mega Sableye were possible... ohh that would lead to all sorts of new strategies! What fun! Despite that though, Mark had alot more to consider. Such as an approach against the Rockets.

After a bit of waiting, Mark's Pokemon were finally healed up. The day would be ending pretty soon. He could already see the sun going down. Well, Mark felt like he at least accomplished alot. Maybe it would be a good idea to head back to the dorm. Mark headed outside of the Pokemon Center and looked around. Decorations were starting to light up around the different buildings and of course, the shops were all closed.

Lucia sighed as she finally got along the sidewalks of the academy and looked down at her ruined shoes. "Las time I step into a forest that's for sure." She muttered and Roberto didn't bother rolling his eyes. Oh no, she didn't deserve to live out there with all sorts of filth that would walk along the ground and among the trees. Civilizations was far better for a Bernavard after all! As the Scizor kept on walking he did notice a familiar being, and quickly grabbed Lucia to steer her away.

Lucia of course had to see the boy and waved, "Mark!" She cried out much to the Scizor's annoyance. She began to make her way over and the Scizor kept pace with her, his pincers tight as he laid his eyes on the human. Just one step... one wrong move and he would have a legal basis for protecting his trainer.

Perfect! Something else to keep his day going! Mark was admitingly exausted but he could pull through a little while longer! Mark walked to Lucia and waved back to her. "Hey Lucia! Oh boy you wouldn't believe how my day has gone. Heh." Mark looked her over and noticed her messed up shoes. "Guess you've been pretty busy yourself huh?" Mark joked.

She looked down and quickly blushed and she let out a soft cough, "I decided to take a walk over here... and such." she said as she tried to be general with it, "But that's besides the point. You talked with Oak no? Well what's up then? I imagine that it has to be something larger or such."

Roberto placed himself in front of Lucia just a bit and she rolled her eyes, "Anyway please go on Mark."

Mark rubbed his head. "Talk? A little more then that actually. I just took my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center. Boy that was one heated discussion back there. Heck I'm a little exhausted from that still! Haha." Mark said with a grin. "Yeah, it turns out they are on the case. They have been for awhile really. The main focus is protecting the academy until they figure out what they're doing out there. Other then stealing Pokemon of course...

She nodded, "I heard of that. It's a sad time, but at the same time you need to keep your head up and be focused. You know what we should have? A battle. Something to give us time to do and cut away time. What do you say?"

"Sure thing! I think my Pokemon should still have the energy to battle a bit more. I learned a couple new tricks back in my last battle too! I'd love to test it out." Mark replied

She nodded and pated Roberto's shoulder, "Move along now Roberto." She began to head back just a bit of a distance as the Scizor followed, making sure to glare back t the boy as they moved into position, "You ready Mark?" She called out.

Mark smiled. "Yup! Let's go Able!" Mark shouted as he threw out his Ninjask! Time to see how well he could control her this time...Able was ready as ever to battle! But she had to remember her training. She had to listen to whatever Mark said and just not question it. She hated it, but would have to manage...

Lucia nodded and pulled out her own pokeball, "Tyro, front and center!" She proclaimed as the Combusken appeared. "OOoooh! Able! HeywehadChristmasbackathomebutnopartycauseitwascalledof-"

"Tyro, focus." Lucia said and the Combusken shut his mouth, adopting his combat position of placing a foot behind him and raising his two hands to start attacking.

Able held her claws out in front of her. "About time we're having a battle huh? Don't hold back on me now!" Able shouted to the Combusken.

"Able! Swords Dance!" Mark called out. The Ninjask would start the battle off with a huge boost of Power as she held out her claws and clashed them together. Able just had to get a good hit in now. The Ninjask flew around quickly in place

As Able did her Swords Dance, Lucia smiled, "Alright Tyro, go in with attack mechanic three!" She cried out. Tyro smiled, his eyes following the Ninjask about as he opened his beak and a Flamethrower shot out to try and fry the insect.

Able took the flamethrower head on and attempted to move away from it. She ended up with her wings having a bit of fire leftover and that Flamethrower really did a heavy number on her! Darn it Mark! She hated having to listen to him like this! He really hoped his plan would work... Able had a lot of training recently after all!

"Alright Able! Use that boost of yours and used Slash!" Mark shouted. Able quickly flew circles around Tyro and went to slice him with Slash!

The Combusken watched as the bug blur flew at him and cried out as his arm was slashed with her claws, instinctively grabbing onto the injured limb and gritting his teeth.

"Another attack mechanic three!" Lucia commanded and once more Tyro shot out a burst of flames at the bug.

Able was at Point Blank, so she ended up taking that next Flamethrower head on. Able was quickly taken out being the frail little bug she was. Able was pretty displeased by this too. Mark still had some work to do with her. Maybe being an attacker wasn't quite the strategy to go with for Able. Hmm... if only the TM shop wasn't closed. Mark returned Able to her ball.

"Heh. Just getting started. Let's go Len!" Mark shouted. His Poliwraith popped out of his ball and stared Tyro down, crossing his arms. He was still getting used to his new evolution but the more he battled, the more pleased he became.

"Bubblebeam!" Mark called out. Len ran closer toward Tyro and sent off a stream of bubbles right toward Tyro.

As Len popped out and the bubbles slammed into Tyro the Combusken let out a soft groan, doubling over a bit as a white glow formed over his body. As the bubbles faded away his body began to grow. The shape altered a bit as a new being rose up, "BLAAZZEE!" The newly evolved Blaziken cried out.

Lucia smiled on, "Yes! That's the spirit Tyro!" She called out as the Blaizken looked over his new form, flexing his arms a bit then quickly snapping his head up and getting into his battle stance, a new almost menancing glint in his eyes.

"Tyro, go in for attack mechanic one!" Lucia shouted and the Blaziken rushed at his opponent, staying low to the ground and suddely jumping up high into the air, he came rushing down as one leg aimed to slam down on the Poliwrath. He then landed on that leg as his second leg kicked in from the left to slam into Len's side. Even with his newly evolved form Lucia could see that water attack really hit him hard.

Len held his arms up and put them into a cross to resist the oncoming attack. Another fighting type! Len was glad he'd have a nice challenge this time around! But he wanted to make sure he'd last a little longer. Len hadn't even used his main strategy yet! The Blaziken was far too agressive to try it though.

"Hrrm...Len! Another Bubble Beam!" Mark said. With the Blaziken up close, Len could return the favor and hit Tyro with another Bubblebeam straight on!

The Blaizken placed his forearms in front of his face, but the bubbles hit him hard and he ended up falling down, grunting as water dripped from his red colored body. He tried to get back up, but ended up falling again and Lucia held out his ball, "Come back Tyro." With that done she brought out her next pokemon. "Get in there Samuel!" She cried out.

The Absol appeared and smirked at Len, "Heh, I shall have to inform you Len of your quick demise."

"Samuel, attack mechanic one!" The Absol readied a black ball of energy in his mouth and shot out his Shadow Ball right at Len with a smirk.

Len was hit by the ball but still had a little bit of energy left. Barely enough to use Belly Drum Properly though... Mark would just have to take it for what it was and get Len back up to speed!

"Len! Use Rest!" Mark called out. They had trained for this beforehand and came well prepared. Just before Len went to sleep, the Poliwraith pulled out a Lum Berry from under his glove and ate it just as he was heading to sleep. Not only would Len be fully recovered, but he would be wide awake as if he were just brought back into the battle!

Samuel chuckled as his trainer called out the next attack, "Defense mechanic one!" Lucia called out and the Absol began to 'dance' on the battlefield, moving his body left and right and finally jabbing his scythe horn up at the sky. Storm clouds began to settle in and soon enough rain began to fall around them.

Rain Dance... just what was Lucia up too? The rain would just be assisting Len more then anything. His Bubblebeam would be powered up! Not that Mark planned to use that move. They were going against a Dark Type after all!

"Len! Brick Break!" He shouted. The Poliwrath hopped into the air and held his hand out to strike Samuel with a sharp Karate Chop!

Samuel gritted his teeth as agony washed over his body. Pain from the Brick Break caused him to almost fall to the ground but Lucia smiled, "Attack mechanic three." She said cooly. Samuel smirked as he suddenly jabbed his scythe up as a streak of lightning, one that could not miss due to the rain, came and slammed down upon the Poliwrath. The Thunder sizzled through the air and Samuel leaped back huffing just a bit.

Len was quickly hit by the Thunder and ended shaking a little from the attack as he fell on to his knees. Not quite down though considering he just healed up but Len was at a disadvantage. To top it off, The lightning paralyzed him. Len would have been able to finish off the Absol otherwise...

"Gah... Len Return." Mark said. Switching between battle was a legitamite strategy and right now, Mark had to make good use of it here. Mark threw out Kara this time. She was at least immune to Thunder. However she was the most inexperienced of Mark's Pokemon... well she wasn't gonna get better if she didn't try!

The Gligar looked over to the Absol and checked him out, rubbing her chin a little. Though she mostly glanced over to the Scizor that was near Lucia. Well now... that was quite a Pokemon there!

"Kara! Use Acrobatics!" Mark shouted. Kara hadn't been holding onto any items at the time so this would just power up her attack even more! The Gligar flew up into the air and twirled around a little as she went down to swoop toward the Absol!

As she was coming Lucia smirked, "Attack mechanic two before you go down!" Samuel looked up at the descending flyer and opened his mouth, barely able to only let a bit of his Ice Beam out before he was slammed into and he rolled about, clearly unconscious."

Lucia recalled him quickly and sent out her newest team member, "Lirum! Attract!" She called out.

The Golduck appeared in a flash as he wasted no time in striking a pose for the Gligar and letting out a wink to her as a pink heart flew over to Kara.

A victory for Kara! Sweet! It was short lived though. Once Kara landed back onto the ground she was hit by Lirum's attract. Her sights were sent right toward him now. She gave him a wry grin. "Oh.... why hello there. I take your my next opponent hm?" Kara said, quickly falling for him.

"Kara focus! Fury Cutter!" Mark said. Kara didn't listen though. Attract was working out in Lirum's favor.

Lirum casually strolled on over and kneeled down, lifiting Kara's face to see his own, "Hehe, you don't look half bad." He said as he winked at her, "[/color="blue"]But there is something else I must do with you. If you don't mind, can you just let me have this win?[/color]" He said as his smile grew, "[/color="blue"]I hate to ask, but I really need this.. and if you really loved me you would let me, no?"[/color]"

He suddenly held out a hand in front of Kara's face and grinned as he shot a Water Pulse point blank into her. He stood up and shrugged, "It's called tough love."

Kara couldn't even respond as she was shot point blank by the Water Pulse. With her inexperience, the Gligar was knocked out cold and sent back into her ball. "I haven't seen this one before Lucia. New Pokemon or have you been keeping this one a secret from me?" Mark said as he reached for Snype's Pokeball this time. He threw it out into the field and revealed the now fully healed up Sableye!

Lirum smirked at the Sableye and gave him a wink, "Hehe, well well, you don't look too bad ghost boy. Nice supple figure... youth, hehe. How about you and I have a little chit chat after this?" He said as Lucia smirked, "Lirum use a Water Pulse!"

The Golduck readied a ball of water in his hands and threw it at the Sableye, "Sorry about this, but it's not so bad being a bit wet!"

Snype looked at the Lirum with a raised brow. What was he on about? Complimenting his figure and all? Huh... still, Snype had a battle to focus on.

"Snype! Detect!" He shouted. The Sableye crouched his legs and quickly rolled away from the Water Pulse, giving the Golduck a wide toothy grin. And Snype wasn't done yet!

"Now Counter him with Shadow Sneak!" Mark added. The Sableye quickly sunk into his shadow to creep right under Lirum and attack behind him with his sharp claws!

As the Shadow Sneak came Lucia snapped her fingers, "Disable!"

Lirum's red gem glowed as the shadow dissipated and he tsked at the Sableye, "Oh dear, trying to get to third base from behind are we?" He teased. "Well I tend to want to build up to that if you know what I mean."

"Lirum another Water Pulse!" And Lirum complied, sending a ball of water at the ghost.

So no more Shadow Sneak for Snype since his ability to manipulate the shadows was taken away. Snype still had other tricks under his sleve though! Snype didn't avoid the next Water Pulse due to his position and was pushed back a bit, sneering at the Golduck. "What the heck are you on about?" Snype replied to Lirum. The Golduck was acting really weird toward Snype right now. The Sableye was pretty darn oblivious.

"Gah... Snype! Use Taunt!" Mark called out. Snype stood firm and decided to attempt getting on the Golduck's nerves a bit. He held out a hand and made a gesture for the Golduck to come over to him. At least now he wouldn't be able to use Disable or any of his other tricks. "Keheh, comere..." He simply said.

Lirum smirked and took the invtation, moving on over as Lucia frowned at the tactics, "Okay Lirum another Water Pulse!" The Golduck ran along, holding out a hand and tossing yet another ball of water at the ghost.

Just attack and attack... maybe Snype would have a shot at this as long as that Water Pulse didn't confuse him. That was two Water Pulses so far. Time to pull off their newest move!

"Snype! Foul Play!" Mark called out. Snype would begin to form into a dark aura that would quickly move toward Lirum to use that muscle against him! Rather then using snype's attack power, it would use Lirum's in an extremely powerful attack! Hopefully this would make up for the past two Water Pulses Snype was hit by!

Lirum watched the attack come and fell back, crying out as he was hit and gripped his chest in pain. "Argh!" He looked up and shakily got up onto his legs again.

"Lirum keep wearing him down! Another Water Pulse!" The Golduck angrily gathered more water and fired it at the Sableye.

From Snype's position, he was pretty darn close to Lirum know as he was shot point blank by the Water Pulse! This time however, he was actually left confused and wandered near Lirum in a daze, bumping into him a little. "oohh... gah... w-where are you..." Snype muttered as he flailed his arms around.

"Snype! Watch yourself!" Mark called out to him.

Lirum grinned at the little Sableye, stepping away and readying another Water Pulse of his own accord, "How cute." He chuckled as he threw it at the Sableye. This would be one worthy win for the Golduck. Confuse an opponent with words and with attacks. Hehe.

Lucia just frowned as Lirum acted on his own again and sighed, "When is he going to learn?" She asked the Scizor who just shrugged.

Snype had enough focus to at least see that attack coming though! "Snype! Detect again!" Mark shouted. Snype was able to avoid that next Water Pulse and stepped behind Lirum. Now was his chance!

"Snype! Another Foul Play!" Mark added. Just when Snype thought he had Lirum right where he wanted him, The Sableye ended up hitting himself and falling onto his back behind Lirum. He was panting a little and was almost down for the count.

Lirum looked back and whistled, "Such inexperience. Only one hit on me and several on you." He held up a Water Pulse, "Toodles." He said with a wink as he flung it right at the ghost.

Snype was down. Gah.. this is what Mark gets for battling right after another big one. He was really off today. He sighed and returned the unconcious Sableye. Maybe now would be a good time to get his secret weapon out into battle!

"Heh. Your not the only one who's gotten new Pokemon. Let's go Commodore!" Mark shouted as he threw out his brand new evolved Porygon Z! A rather uncommon Pokemon but one hell of a power house!

"Commodore! Use Tri Attack!" Mark shouted. The Porygon quickly locked onto Lirum and fired his powered up Tri Attack! Thanks to Adaptability, the move would hurt alot more then usual!

Lirum only watched as the attack hit him and sent him flying back, the attack from Foul Play before adding in and he slumped to the ground unconscious.

Lucia called him back and sent out her next one. Diana roared out as she appeared, her four feet dripping the grass eagerly, "Diana, use Metal Claw!" The Lairon roared out as she charged on ahead, raising a claw in an attempt to hit the Porygon.

Commodore took the hit and made a digital noise that sounded almost glitched up. He was still in though. Commodore didn't have any moves that were super effective against a Steel Type, but Commodore still had alot of power at his disposal. And that would only build. "Nasty Plot!" Mark called out. Commodore observed the Lairon as he plotted up a way to make his Tri Attack more effective...

Diana just snorted as Lucia called out her next attack, "Diana, go in with Iron Head!" The Lairon roared again and charged at the Porygon, raising her head a bit as it shined with a white glow to try and slam it into the artifical being.

Commdore attempted to keep his distance from the Lairon, but was bashed head on by the Iron Head! Commodore was still in though and was ready to use another Tri Attack? A normal move on a steel type? Mark figured Aggron could take a physical hit well enough... but what about something like a boosted Tri Attack? May as well find out! Not like Commodore had any better options on him!

"One more Tri Attack!" Mark shouted. Commodore floated up into the air and fired his improved Tri Attack down to Diana. It had enough force to possible cause a small explosion! Mark could practicly feel the pressure of the move from where he was standing. Yeeesh!

Diana cried out as the attack hit and she was forced back, grunting from the pain. "Diana Iron Defense!" With that the Lairon's body shined a bright white as her defense rose up. She glared up at the Porygon and scratched a foot along the dirt eagerly.

Mark snickered. He had to point out Lucia's little mistake. It was just his mindset being the little strategist he was. "Hehe, That won't do much against Tri Attack. It's a special attack ya know?" Mark said with a smirk. "Another Tri Attack! Keep putting pressure on her!" Mark called out. Commodore fired another Tri Attack down onto Diana!

Diana cried out again and Lucia angrily stamped her foot down. She had forgotten about that... well no matters. "Roar him away!" Lucia called out and Diana took in a deep breath and let out a loud, frightening roar that echoed around them.

Commodore shuddered from the loud roar and was forced back into his ball. That also meant that his boost would be gone. After the roar, another Pokemon randomly popped out of one of his Pokeballs. Unfortunately for Mark, that Pokemon happened to be Len who was already weakened and Paralyzed.

"Ohh boy...Len! Quick! Use Rest before she attacks you again!" Mark shouted. Diana might have the advantage in terms of speed though...

Lucia was quick to react, "Diana, hit him with an Iron Head!" She cried out, though Diana paused and smiled a bit, "Oh... h-hey Len." She said as she pawed a bit at the ground, "Uh... left without really saying goodbye and all..."

Len smiled at Diana. "Heh... nah its fine. Human's always have things going on with them that change things. Heh... we really should catch up one of these days huh?" Len said as he let out a yawn and went to sleep just as his trainer instructed. His Paralysis was gone and now Len was back in gear. Only problem though. He was asleep...

Lucia sighed, "Diana, just please go in with a Iron Head." The Lairon looked at the sleeping Len and sighed, running forward and lowering her head to slam into the Poliwrath.

Len was able to resist the Iron Head alot better then Commodore that was for sure. Len may have come off as a sitting duck but Mark was prepared for this.

"Len! Sleep Talk!" Mark called out. Len would mutter something as he slept as he would start to use one of his attacks at random. He ended up using BubbleBeam this time. Mark was hoping for Brick Break or something but that was kind of the thing he had to expect with this attack.

With Diana also being a rock type the bubblebeam hit her hard and she cried out as she was sent back a bit, before letting out a cry and falling down on the ground. Lucia sighed and recalled the steel type and looked at Roberto who quickly shook his head, "Well, I guess that's it Mark." She said with a weak chuckle. "Well... if you lasted against Gary then obviously I wasn't going to beat you."

Mark grinned and let Len take his nap for a little while before returning him. "Heh, hey you didn't do too bad there either! To be honest I was pretty off there. That last battle really took alot out of me." Mark said with a shrug.

She smiled weakly, "So... I didn't hear that much about how the others are doing. No one has been really harmed with the rockets right?" She asked. "Any damage to the academy at all?"

Mark rubbed his head. "Uh... I can't say for sure...to be honest I was going to check up on whoever I can and see how they're doing this christmas." Mark paused a moment. "...I haven't heard from Valorie in awhile..." Mark said, a little quietly there. Mark would normally at least spot her walking around but there hadn't been a trace of her in awhile.

Lucia nodded, "Welll go check on her then. Just... well, just be careful." She said. "I'll have to heal up the others for now though."

Mark nodded. "Yeah... except I have no idea where she is. I messaged her a couple of times but no response... hrm..." Mark wondered, letting off a shrug. He had to head over to the Pokemon Center anyways so he decided to follow Lucia on over.

Lucia let out a sigh as she stepped in and handed off her pokemon, "I just think this is getting all out of hand to be honest. Eventually things will ge worse and worse. Are we even going to be safe sleeping here?"

Mark handed his Pokemon over as well and sat down on one of the chairs in the Center. "I always have at least one of my Pokemon keeping watch just incase. Still though, your right. There's alot of reason for concern. Gary says the staff is working on the case but I wonder just what they have planned." Mark wondered as he scratched his chin. He was worried about alot of his friends. After all, he was attacked by the grunts specificly for some reason. Mark was as much of a target as anything for all he knew...

She nodded, "Well Roberto will watch over me easily." She chuckled a bit, "No worries there, but still. does Team Rocket go around during the day or at night? I mean, they must go at night right?"

"Well... I was attacked by them yesterday actually. Me and a friend of mine were traveling a bit. It was around mid day though. Close to night but we were out in the forest. They were specificly targeting Commodore though. Those grunts didn't take any of our other Pokemon probobly because they were in such a rush. Guess it'd make sense that they'd want Commodore. He's pretty rare." He said.

She nodded, "So they attacked at daylight. Probably the teachers are guarding at night so that can ease us up a bit. Plus it would be expected." She sighed a bit and went up to retrieve her pokemon from the nurse, giving a small nod of thanks. "Though why not take other pokemon too? I mean Snype is pretty strong, surely they want strong pokemon too."

Mark shrugged. "Beats me. When we found them again, they were doing something weird with Commodore... I dunno they put him in some kind of computer and started doing something. That was how Commodore evolved. He went a little crazy once he burst out and started blasting the whole place. My dad got him under control though." Mark said as he lounged back a bit.

She smiled at that, "That's good. But anyways." She stood up, "If you really are concerned about your friends you should look for them. Just call them and they should answer."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
Sammy hefted the pokeball in her hand, getting a feel for its weight. It felt just like any other pokeball of course, but the contents were special. This Pokemon was a gift from her Dad, the first time he'd given her a Pokemon. And he'd gone to a lot of trouble to secure it as well, this was no Bidoof or Pidgey but a highly sought after specimen. When they'd spoken on the phone he'd expressed nothing but pride over everything she had to say. She still hadn't told him about all of the problems with Cubone, or the ordeal with Team Rocket, but even with glaring omissions it felt good to have his support for what she was up to. He'd cautioned her regarding Shuppet, Ghost types were tricky and unpredictable, but had been pleasantly suprised that she'd caught a Fire type. The fact that it was a Ponyta had doubly shocked him, but by the time she'd related how she'd broken through to the steed he applauded her dedication to her Pokemon.

She was going to challenge Mark to a battle the next chance she got, that much had been established. Her Dad had cautioned her against spending forever preparing without battling him - otherwise she wouldn't have a gauge for how rapidly he was improving. If she lost there was no shame in it, it would only bring her one step closer to defeating him in the long run. Mark had said he knew some other strong trainers as well, Lucy and Vanessa... or something like that. She'd challenge them given half a chance too! All the training in the world was no substitute for real battling experience. Corphish remained her trump card, Cubone was finally ready to battle, Ponyta was listening to instructions and now she had a new ace in her deck... and Shuppett too, of course.

It was going to be a new day for The Coop, there was no doubt about it. And if Team Rocket tried anything shady with her or her Pokemon again they'd better be ready to blast off.

Alexander Vance - The Whole Time

Xander sat at the desk in his dorm room, staring wistfully at the falling snow. Maybe somewhere far above Articuno was spreading her wings, releasing the white powder to drift across the festive island. Perhaps in a few days time Zapdos would pass by the vicinity, the crackling aftershock of its passage mingling with the low temperatures from Articuno's seasonal visit to create a storm that would shake the isle to its foundations. There would be chaos through the Academy, screaming girls in the hallway he'd have no choice but to rescue and protect. They'd be so grateful th-

"Eeeeeeeeeeeye."

Blinking he sat up and looked around. Sableye was laying back on his bed, resting against the pillow. It seemed like she wanted something and although he couldn't speak her language she never took very long to make her wants known.

"Sable." She sighed now that she had his attention, which was probably what she'd wanted all along. She was always interrupting his most important thoughts but he could never resent her for it. She was just too precious. Although it was hard to give someone attention for attentions sake...

"What's up?" He asked. It seemed like a reasonable opening gambit.
"Saye."
"Are you bored?"
"Sa. Saye."
"Oh... I suppose we could go out more often, if you wanted. Maybe battle or something?"
"...Sa."

Well that settled it. It looked like Alexander Vance wasn't going to be blending in amongst the crowd anymore...​

Dawn

Years
Valorie Ryder - Infirmary
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucia sighed as she walked along with Mark. "You know, you will have to call her sometime. Just punch in the number and all. If anything, any news you get can't be that bad. It isn't like a medic will pick up and annouce she's dead or something." She pushed back her hair and looked up at the sky, seeing the snow falling, "Heh, snow and it's Christmas and yet everyone isn't in the holiday moment eh?"

Mark shrugged. He was in the holiday mood for a little while at the begining of the day. Guess all the stuff about Team Rocket was really getting to him. Well, calling again wouldn't hurt. Maybe Valorie was just busy lately? He quickly pulled out his Pokegear and started to dial the number that Valorie gave him. Texting wasn't working that was for sure. "Well let's see if she picks up I guess..." Mark said, feeling a bit worried as the phone dialed.

The phone rang, rang and rang... It almost seemed as if it were going to go to voice mail again when suddenly the phone picked up. "Hello?" the voice on the other end asked, but it was not Valorie's voice. It was the eerily out-of-place voice of an adult male. His tone wasn't pleasant either, as if he'd been inconvenienced.

Mark stayed silent when he heard the unfamiliar voice answer. It wasn't Valorie's dad, he remembered what he sounded like... Mark was a bit afraid to reply actually. All sorts of possible thoughts were going through his head and Mark looked terrified. He remained silent to see what he would say. He looked to Lucia and held a finger up to his mouth to tell her to shush.

Lucia nodded slowly and cocked her head, a bit confused as to why he was suddenly quiet. She shook her head and figured that Val was being yet again cross with him. Seriously that girl should be slapped upside the head or something for how horrendous her manners were!

After a long moment, the voice continued. "Hello?? ...Dang kids." it said irritably. In the background Mark would be able to hear faint voices. Actual words were inaudible, but whoever had Valorie's phone was far from alone.

Mark listned in for a little while and hung up the phone. They wouldn't be able to figure his identity hopefully... though crap! they'd probobly be able to track his number! Whoever had it. Mark was silent for awhile.

"...That wasn't Val..." He said simply. His heart was pounding quickly.

Lucia looked on and frowned, "Then who was it!?" She asked. "What? You're saying someone else was using her phone? I mean she does have other friends right?"

Mark rubbed his head. "I-I-I dunno... He said "Dang kids" or something. Like an adult voice. Didn't sound too nice and I heard some stuff in the background...y-you don't think.." He was frozen in his tracks by the thought that Team Rocket might have gotten their hands on Val...no way... if they were able to sneak up on her of all trainers...

Lucia frowned and pulled out her own phone. "Sheesh Mark. You need to learn how to plan. Send out Commodore please and give me her number." She said firmly. "I know what to do."

A notification, specifically a text message, was waiting on Lucia's phone. Who could that be??

Mark nodded and threw Commodore out of his ball. He didn't think about using Commodore to track the source through their phones. Guess thats what panic does to a kid. Mark heard Lucia's phone ring up though. "Huh? Lucia ya got a message..." Mark said

Lucia was silent then looked at Mark and Commodore, "Commodore, I need you to get into my phone. I'm going to call a number and you stay in my phone, but try to trace where the call is coming from. At the very least if you can hack into the other phone to see if there have been any recent text messages from there would help. Can he do that Mark?"

Mark nodded. "Yeah probobly. He should be able to do it in the safety of your phone. Using wireless waves might be a bit tricky for commdore but he should at least be able to get the messages if nothing else..." Mark said

I nodded and held up my phone and looked at Mark, "Okay. Number..." She said. She began to punch in a few numbers Mark told her and she held the phone up, biting her lower lip as she tapped her foot impatiently.

The phone rang. This time a woman picked it up. "Yeah? What'ya want?" she asked. The background was quiet this time. She was alone. The signal was bouncing off some place deep in the mountains...

Mark nodded to Commodore and sent him right into the phone to start gathering data from the other end. He wouldn't dare risk traveling through the wireless waves since it could be cut off at any moment so he attempted to hack into the other phone from a distance... Commodore could indeed track the signal coming from the mountains. How odd...

Lucia smiled weakly, "Hello, my name is Jackie. Is this Valorie Ryder? You don't sound like her." She said as she intimadated a... well, typical blonde voice. "Anyways I was wondering when she were coming for the holidays? I mean, Christmas just passed and I got her a gift, but she didn't come back. Can you pass over a message to let her know that she should come over for New Years? I mean, I did go all out for this gift and all." She said with a giggle and then rolled her eyes over at Mark.

"...Yeah, this is officially a used phone, 'Jackie'." the woman replied, seemingly constantly exasperated as if she simply did not have time for this nonsense. "Don't you know that girl's missing? Why're you calling her?" the voice pried, attempting to interrogate Lucia.

Lucia let out a startled typical blonde gasp, "What? She's missing?" She cried out. "Oh dear? Well... when did she start missing? I knew that if I stepped out for a week something would happen! I so told dad that I didn't want to go camping! Well, how long has she been gone for? Does she have any ransom notes? There should be! The television shows always say that there are ransom notes left!"

Mark never thought he would hear Lucia act in such a way. It was pretty silly hearing this kind of voice coming out of Lucia's mouth. He'd have to tease her about that some time. Heheh. Commodre continued to hack away, attempting to bring in messages from the other line.

A very long moment passed. It was beginning to seem like the rocket had caught on when suddenly she resumed speaking. "...Yeah. As a matter of fact, there is!" the woman responded, dropping almost all pretense of not being involved. "It said bring your pretty face and all the cash you have to the abandoned power plant, or you never see your friend again!" she said, rather sarcastic in tone. "Pass it on." she then added, dark and deadpan this time. The phone suddenly hung up.

Lucia sighed and lowered the phone, "So Commodore what did you get?" She asked as she looked at the message she got earlier. "Hm... not much help, but it's just a bit of sarcasm. Whoever it was they didn't want to talk to me personally."

Commodore sent whatever data he'd manage to get into Lucia's phone. That included text messages, contacts, whatever he could find with the short time he had, including the source of the call.

"Wow Lucia. I didn't recognize you for a second there." Mark teased. He shook his head quickly and went back to serious mode though. "So how'd it go down?"

She sighed, "Horribly! I hate acting dumb." She said with a mutter, "I am always surrounded by idiots Mark, after a while you learn how to speak like them."

Mark shook his head and peeked over to her phone. "Nonono, I mean, what'd they say? Lets see what Commodore fetched from the other end..." Mark said

The text was particularly forboding. It was a local emergency message stating quite simply that Team Rocket was about, and that students were advised not to go outside unsupervised by teachers. The call itself was linked deep in the mountains and several calls had been made including Mark's earlier call and Valorie's father. It seemed that the school had also tried to call Valorie. Neither her father or the school had been answered.

Lucia frowned, "S**t." She muttered, uttering her first profanity since Mark had met her. "Well, that's not good. Apparently Val has been kidnapped... and most likely in those mountains." She looked through the texts again, "Well she's been called but none of them answered. So... what now?" She asked Mark. "Does she usually go up into the mountains for days?" She asked.

Now Mark was just stressed out like crazy. Kidnapped?! How could he just let this slip by him! Who know's how long she might have been up there? The poor guy was pretty much pacing right now. "U-uh... um..." Mark muttered. He was going to say march up and get her back but that would be dumb! He went through two battles already and Mark was way too exsausted to survive a trip up there! Especially in the current weather! He didn't want to believe this was happening and was taking alot of time to process the information.

Lucia went over and grabbed Mark by the shoulders, "Easy Mark. Listen to me... do you know anyone around the campus that could help us with this?" She asked. "We need some professional help I think."

Mark rubbed his head, trying to keep some rational thought going through him. He tried to think of someone who might be able to help track her down. "Um... h-hm... well... I think I recall Valorie mentioning she's run into Lance before. She had a half cape from him or something... I dunno how to contact him but he's the champion of my region. If that dosn't scream professional help I don't know what does." Mark said, taking some deep breaths.

She grabbed Mark and began to move, "Then we'll find him! He has to be around here somewhere... " She muttered as she set a brisk wall for them. "Get Able out and have her help too. She can fly around and try and find him."

Mark nodded and returned Commodore, while letting Able out of her ball as well. It was a good thing his Pokemon had so many practical uses. If anyone made a good scout, it was Able! "Able, fly around the academy and look for Lance. He has spiky red hair and should be in a dark blue outfit on usually and wears a black cape. He should be able to stick out of the crowd. I mean, he's Kanto's Champion after all. And don't leave the academy grounds! I don't want Team Rocket grabbing you..." Mark said. Able nodded and quickly flew off to scout the academy.

Kale froze in place as he saw the face of the man now entering the infirmary. Spiky red hair, determined expression and signature cape. Kale would not have to be reminded of this mans identity, champion of Johto... Lance. Suddenly, the calm and collected young man that was Kale took on a tense and uncomfortable persona, he seemed instantly more uptight than he had been but a few moments ago. The organisation Kale had been a part of before... they knew of Lance, it was where Kale had first heard the dragon masters name. He remembered the description he had been given of this man, word for word. "Threat Level: High, though Lance exists outside of our major operations zone, his raw power alone warrants extreme caution. He can and will defeat us in our current state if he feels the need to. Confrontation must be avoided if an encounter occurs."

Lance appeared to be more interested with Valorie than Kale and as such he immediately began speaking to her, ignoring Kale entirely for the most part. Kale didn't care what they were talking about, something in regards to ghosts and the honedge that so desperately gripped Valorie's arm... it didn't matter to him. What mattered was Kale's own emotions at that moment in time, he had never known anything of Lance... other than the fact that he was a champion, that he was incredibly powerful and that he was to be avoided at all costs. Even though Kale had learned these things in a past life of sorts, he couldn't help the little signs of fear that he was now showing. As a result he said nothing, he remained sitting opposite Valorie and made a point of staying silent.

The Ninjask would continue flying around the academy for any signs of Lance. She didn't exactly know about Lance or anything like that but she could at least remember the description of him. No luck yet though. There were mostly trainers celebrating the holiday, battling, and other things like that. Able even took a peek into the windows of the offices and still nothing. This was going to be a pain without some kind of lead...

Able ended up buzzing through the halls of the academy. Some students probobly mistook her for a Wild Pokemon but since they were indoors there wasn't anything they could do about it unless Able attacked, which of course, she didn't plan on doing. The buzzing would be heard through the halls. Able peeked through every little door she could find in some hopes of finding some sort of hint about where this Lance fellow would be. She would check through various doors within the halls looking for any signs of teachers inside of them. Maybe she'd hear something...

A voice faded into hearing range. "...Found her limping outside the school. Can you imagine how she managed in this weather, without her Pokemon?" a woman's voice said. It was an adult, probably a teacher, in a nearby room. "No, but I'm sure she had a fair bit of luck on her side. Who was this again? That one girl that's been missing for a few weeks?" a man's voice replied calmly. He seemed to be trying to wrap his head around the situation. "Valorie Ryder" the woman stated very clearly so that she could be understood the first time. How convenient!

Able started buzzing a little louder for a moment. Did they just say Valorie? That girl that Mark liked? So she was in the infermary! But Able had to make sure... it seemed too good to be true! Mark would be so relieved! Able quickly flew over to the infermary to search for both Valorie and/or Lance. They still needed Lance either way. Able peeked inside of the infermary doors hoping she might see something inside or at the very least go inside. She was bumping into the door a bit to get a bit of attention. She had to bring something back to Mark so that he would know where to go!

Valorie of course was a tad busy, but it didn't stop her from noticing a gigantic bug chilling in the doorway. She looked up from her thoughts and furrowed her brows. Who's... pokemon was that? Lance, hearing Able, stood up and turned to face the doorway in expectation of company. For a long moment Valorie just sort of stared, wracking her brain for something on the tip of her tongue. "...Able, is that you?" she asked.

The Ninjask nodded and tried tapping on the door again. She clearly wanted to get inside! Just to maybe greet all of them and attempt to explain her case. She had to find a way to tell Mark that Valorie was alright! After a moment Lance realized that this pokemon was for some reason running around free of it's trainers presence and moved to open the door for it. He wasn't about to ask the girl in poor health or a kid in general ready to get up and do it.

Able finally flew in and checked out the room, looking for just about anything she could use but she wanted to make sure that these people were the right folks. Valorie no doubt. She was in a bit of a pickle though. From their perspective she was just being annoying and buzzing around. She muttered to herself, in pokespeak of course. "Gah... how am I supposed to tell them... I gotta tell Mark that they're all here..." Able said as she looked at all three of the trainers feeling a bit awkward now. Clearly she hadn't planned ahead.

Kale lifted his head up at the ninjask that was now buzzing irritably around the room. Kale had been doing his best to remain reticent and silent in Lance's presence. But the newly arrived buzzing pest of a pokémon would surely make things more difficult. If he was to be honest, Kale loved all pokémon... but if he had to pick just ONE type that got on his nerves? It would be bugs. He was mere seconds away from waking up Aria, whom had been sleeping on the bed beside him this entire time, when Valorie spoke... she seemed to recognize this pokémon. If that wasn't enough, this pokémon (seemingly named Able) apparently recognised her. Kale listened intently to hear exactly what the ninjask was saying as it muttered... his eyes widening slightly as he took in the information.

*Mark...?* He thought. *Could it be... a friend of Valorie's?* He paused his train of thought momentarily. *I should tell her... but how would I explain that to Lance? Don't worry sir... I can talk to pokémon? Not likely to go over well, plus having Valorie know that little secret was bad enough.* Kale ran his hands through his hair and frowned. He would have to improvise. He put on his best fake smile and began to talk in an overly friendly tone that Valorie would most certainly NOT recognise. "Valorie look! It's Able!" He stood up from the bed. "You mentioned her on the mountainside remember! She's your friend Mark's pokémon... Mark must be looking for you right?" Kale gave Valorie a deadly glare. This was a great excuse for him to get away from Lance and he wouldn't have her mess that up for him. His eyes seemed to convey the message that she either play along or bad events would occur shortly after.

A confused Valorie looked over at Kale and became a bit put off at the look he was giving her. She quickly averted her eyes, a tad uncomfortable. "Yeah..." she responded half-heartedly, sliding off of her bed and testing her weight against her exhausted legs.

Able tilted her head. Valorie mentioned Mark on the mountains...? Well that was convenient. The Ninjask simply nodded to that. She did in fact belong to Mark. She had no idea who this other guy was but at least he was being helpful. Able flew near Kale and observed him a moment. Her buzzing got a little quieter as the Ninjask had calmed down. Well, good for them. They knew who Able was. That still didn't solve her problem! "Gotta find a way to tell Mark... wish I could just tell them to write a letter or something like that. Any kind of message..." Able said as she continued to search around the room.

"A little help, Shu..?" Valorie asked to seemingly thin air. The ghost pokemon used his telekinesis to make her much lighter, taking off the strain on her body. She then proceeded over to the doorway and peaked outside, beginning to search for Mark.

Able flew out the doorway to peek around too. Mark wasn't nearby yet. She still had to tell Mark to get here but this was a good first step. Able could easily track Mark and lead him over but he had to find a way to let him know! Valorie looked up at Able and frowned. "...Where is he?" she asked, confused.

Kale listened to the pokémon as it spoke. A letter telling this "Mark" where they were? Perfect! He could go to them rather than the alternative of them searching the school tirelessly for him. "Valorie I have an idea!" Kale exclaimed gleefully. "Why don't you write a message to Mark? Then Able could carry it to him. Arceus knows she'd find him faster than we would." He continued doing his best to smile and appear friendly, though he wasn't exactly the best at it and the entire situation seemed kind of forced.

Able quickly flew back inside and toward Kale looking oh so happy! This boy was a genius! Almost like he understood every word she was saying! The Ninjask nodded happily to him. She could almost hug him if she were willing to degrade herself to such a level. With a nod of her chilled head Valorie moved over and attempted to write a letter... with one hand. It was a bit harder than it sounded in part because she was simultaneously sick, recovering from hypothermia and her hand would ocassionally shake. Her penmanship was lacking, but she managed. Picking up the letter she promptly handed it to Able.

"Maybe he can come to us. If you insist on walking around however, at least pick up another warm drink from Nurse Joy before you go. Your condition is no joking matter, and I have no intention of letting Team Rocket take any of our students from us." Lance remarked with a note of conviction in his voice.

Seeing Lance act noble, Kale smiled broadly at the champion to keep up his image. "Of course sir, I understand your concern. I'll wait here with Valorie and I'm sure Mark will be here soon. You must be very busy yourself... so if you have other matters to attend to it would be awfully rude for us to keep you any longer." Inside his mind however, Kale was having an entirely different experience. *In the name of Arceus...* He thought. *I should have realised that there was a very good reason as to why I don't act like this.*

Able held onto the letter carefully and chirped happily! "I'll be right back! You stay right here! I don't want Mark freaking out again." She said, obviously in Pokespeak and such. With that, Able quickly headed out the door to go and find Mark while holding onto the letter tightly. Mark stayed around the same general area from before so he'd be rather easy to spot.

After a bit of searching, Able would infact find Mark still walking around with Lucia. The Ninjask quickly flew down to him.

"Able! That was quick... as expected. What's that? A letter?" Mark wondered as he took the piece of paper. He thought it would be from Lance or something. He opened up the letter to see what it said...

Lucia blinked and looked on over as the Ninjask made her return. "Hm... a letter? Well, I guess someone has something to say. What does it say Mark? Is it from Valorie?"

Mark checked over the letter. From a glance, the handwriting was a bit off, but it did seem to be signed by Valorie... Val! "I-it is! That means that Team Rocket dosn't have her! Oh thank god... I'll give it a read. Let's see..." Mark would begin to look over the letter and read it from begining to end.

Lucia smiled a bit, but in truth she also had to sigh inwardly. It was like Mark was still in love with the... well, *insert not such a nice name here*. But still, he was friends with her... and she had to respect that, even if she wanted the punch that girl's face clean off of her shoulders.

"So... where is she at?" Lucia asked. "I have to guess that they are somewhere on campus no?"

Mark nodded. "She's at the infermary. Which means we gotta get moving. Lance is there too supposedly. Comon lets get going." Mark said as he'd start to head toward the direction of the infermary. He's been there quite a few times due to recent incidents and all. Heck alot of his friends have taken at least one trip there but never Mark. He hoped that wasn't foreshadowing anything.

After a bit of walking, Mark would knock on the door of the infermary, slightly peeking over the window of the door.

Lance peered at Kale searchingly. "...Very well. I will be organizing an assault on this Team Rocket presence soon enough. I'll come back a later time to get some necessary info on their location." he explained well within Mark and Lucia's earshot. He then bowed his head in acknowledgement to those present before taking his leave. Valorie beamed at Mark, offering him a weak smile. She had a nice red nose, and had generally seen better days. She looked pretty roughed up, and hadn't had any real time to do more than very basic primping.

When the door opened, Lance was immediately right in fron of him! Ohhh boy. Here he was. The Champion himself right in front of Mark's eyes! A-and Val! She was there too! Oh boy... two things to do at once. He looked between the two. "L-Lance! Hold on a second!" Mark called out. He looked over to Valorie and smiled. "Lucia, can you explain things to Lance? I need to check on her." Mark said as he entered the room. "Val... oh god, what happened to you? I tried calling but...well... I got a response but it wasn't from you..." Mark said as he walked up to her. Asking if she was alrighty would just be dumb. Clearly she wasn't, but Mark could at least rest easy knowing that she was ok.

Lucia nodded and made a short job up to the dragon master with Roberto following behind her, "Oh... um... Mr. Lance." She said with a small bow, "We overheard you talking about going to the rocket's headquarters. Uh... well. We sort of called them. We have a pretty good idea where they are. The mountains sir." She grabbed her phone, "And it was on Lucia's phone that they answered. At least I think it was the rockets. A boy picked up first and then a woman when we called later on."

As she talked to the older man Roberto quickly glanced around the room, his eyes landing on all of the humans and pokemon here. From a brief glance he could see that no one was really eyeing Lucia or looking to move toward her to harm her, but still he kept tense and made a note of the Mawile. If those jaws got too close then a punch or two would send a clear message.

Kale was so utterly confused... this boy whom had entered. It must have been the Mark that the ninjask had been talking about. But that wasn't what confused him. Valorie seemed happy to see him... as if that wasn't enough, Mark seemed to be expressing an overenthusiastic level of concern for her in return. These two humans clearly were very pleased to see one another and as a result they enjoyed a mutual happiness upon their reunion. This was... so confusing to Kale. He had never experienced anything like that, not with another human. The closest thing he could relate to it was the days when his parents would return from their business trips in Unova. He would always feel a certain joy when seeing them again... but... it was always an unrequited joy he felt. As a result after a while of such happening, the joy he felt upon reunion had faded like so many other things, now all it did was confuse him. This was... almost upsetting to him when he thought about it. His own... emotional inadequacy.

Kale approached the two reunited friends with a cautious pace. His face was devoid of it's previous forgery of a smile. Now it bore the same empty expression it had when he had first found Valorie on the mountainside. No emotion, no feeling, nothing. "Then this is Mark." He said blankly. "Sorry I couldn't bring you your ally back sooner. Hope your pleased now at least." Despite his words being devoid of emotion, they still carried a sting to them. A certain form of bitterness clung to them, like combee to a honey slathered tree.

Valorie's smile faded and her brow creased between having to relive being kidnapped and Kale's odd behavior. For a moment it almost seemed like she might comment on what he'd said, but... she didn't. "I--um... Team Rocket stole all of my stuff and kidnapped me. They--uh... took me by surprise." she lamented, half-lying about that last part. She really didn't want to admit that she'd had her butt kicked by said rockets and that an ambush hadn't really been much of a part of it. "They took me to a prison and somehow made my Pokemon brainwashed." she continued to explain, lackluster in tone. "I... escaped, but it took me a long time to find my way back." she said, hesitating a long moment before abruptly lifting a finger and pointing to Kale.

"He found me out in the mountains. He--um... saved my life." she admitted. She seemed embarassed, not thrilled to admit any form of weakness. This was a theme. Mark might notice that a honedge had wrapped it's clothe tightly around one of Valorie's upper arms. She was gripping it, possibly involuntarily.

Mark listened to Valorie explain everything. What really stuck out was the mention of her Pokemon being Brainwashed...that sounded familiar. Ever since he arrived in the academy, Pokemon have been acting all sorts of weird. Even ones that were out of their usual habitat. How odd... so was that what Team Rocket was doing? Brainwashing? That'd explain why immediate action hadn't been taken by the staff...

He looked over to the sword shaped Pokemon wrapped around Valorie's arm. He'd never seen anything like that before. Mark turned to Kale and grinned at him. "So you found her huh? Um, thanks. Val has actually been a friend of mine for awhile in the academy. Heh. I kind of consider her a bit of a rival really... thanks for being there at the right time." Mark simply said.

"They took your Pokemon... man you must have been through alot." Mark said as he kneeled down near the bed. "But hey, I'm happy your alive. We'll get your Pokemon back I swear it. Me and my friend actually got an upper edge on them." Mark said with a smile.

Kale's gaze shifted to Valorie slightly. He could see the hesitation in her eyes. She refused to speak out against him... how odd. In fact, as he thought about it... despite all he had done to her, Valorie had not once spoken out against what Kale had said directly... he wondered, was it because Valorie was strong enough to hold the burden of his crass nature? Or was she simply too afraid to go against his will? Though he would not directly admit it to himself, a small part of him hoped for the former, while the rest remained unbiased and uncaring as ever. He moved his gaze back to Mark, who was smirking. "Yes... the right time. That's hardly all there was to it, but you have a point." Kale looked Mark up and down momentarily. His tone as empty as ever, face devoid of emotion, he spoke again. "Still I suppose it is for the best that it was me that found her after all... considering your effort extended no further than calling a cellphone."

Lucia sighed as she walked back into the room and looked about, "Well, hey all. Eh... " She looked at Kale, "Not sure if I know you yet... uh Lance said some stuff. There's a raid of sorts and all. Apparently some students are getting together, though that's dangerious to go against the rockets and all." She pushed som of her long hair back behind an ear, "So... uh, is everything straightened out then?"

Mark raised a brow. "Hey... I had my own share of problems going on too. Team Rocket actually targeted me earlier. I didn' think Team Rocket would have gotten her..." To be honest, Mark did feel a bit bad. He really should have tried calling earlier. But then again, maybe it was for the best. Mark would have been in the same situation as Valorie if he had tried to march up those mountains and search for her!

"Well, the effort wasn't for nothing. We actually did track where the Rocket HQ is at when we called over there. Guess the grunts weren't thinking about the possibility of the other line having a Porygon. Haha." Mark said with a grin.

Valorie looked between the two boys, She found herself a tad puzzled by their actions. Were they... arguing? She couldn't tell. "...He -did- save my life." she remarked half-heartedly. "And... I'm really thankful." she admitted, turning her gaze on Kale. She seemed to be seeking approval, having just opened up a bit and given him a bit of praise even if it was lined with mild embarassment at having been reduced to the average role of a Princess.

Kale's eyes widened slightly at Marks response to him. Calm, collected... he even agreed with Kale's judgment. A tiny smirk of a smile broke on Kale's face for a split second before dissapearing, perhaps he and Mark would get along better than Kale had originally anticipated. Perhaps he could even become an asset to him as Valorie had. This fact was reinforced in his mind as Mark mentioned the fact that he owned a member of the prygon line. In fact, Kale could do nothing but give a mental nod of approval at this, it was an impressive feat for sure, Porygon was not a common pokémon.

Kale's face was about to fade back to its emotionless state when Valorie spoke up. She was... agreeing with him as well. She was, thankful? She had said thank you before hadn't she? Yet this was the first time Kale really noted her gratitude. He had saved her life hadn't he? Maybe that was worth something. Within a few moments, Kales began to notice something else, notably Valorie's embarassment. He had never understood embarassment... it seemed so pointless to him. Yet seeing Valorie in such a state due to her gratitude to him, it made a strange warmth rise in his cheeks and as he peered into the window on the far side of the room he could barely make out the redness in his cheeks.

Suddenly giving an abrupt cough and turning to the side, Kale cleared his face as best he could and returned to his emotionless mask. "Yes well... I know better than anybody what I did. It is done so... there is no further need to mention it."

Lucia blinked a bit at the news, "Oh... so... he saved you. Well, that's good to clear up." She said with a brisk nod, "Mark, it's getting late out. If anything we should all head to our dorms and just be preparing. Rockets and all sorts of other cretins usually come out at night don't they? Better to get inside if you don't want to be caught unawares." She gave a small smile but in truth she had to get Mark away from Valorie. She knew of what happened when people got hurt... others who had been angry by them suddenly became thoughtful and so wanting to please them. If Valorie took advantage of that, then who would be the one to pay the price? Mark. Of course. Wasn't like she cared anyways... that story seemed a bit fish to Lucia. anyways. How DID a girl with dragons get ambushed so easily anyways? She had seen them when she had first met Valorie. It was like being a self proclaimed master of stealth and you end up getting snuck up on instead.

She let out a light cough, "Anyways, we should get going Mark. If only so that we avoid any trouble. I do hope that you get better Valorie." She said with a soft smile.

And by getting better you better stay away from those you have hurt. "I suppose we'll see you with the raid going on? Oh.... right. You don't have any pokemon." She sighed, "I'm so sorry, I forgot." She said with a meek bow. Although it had acted like a slip of her tongue, she did hope that Val got the message... that well hidden message. "Don't worry, we're going to fight off the rockets no problem." She said cheerfully. "Teamwork always matters in the end. Shall we go Mark?"

Mark turned to Lucia and blinked. Seemed too soon to be leaving and all... but they did have to prepare. Mark was a bit paranoid that the rockets would get people in their sleep though. "Uh... yeah. I should probobly get ready too..." Mark said as he looked back at Val and smiled down at her. "Hey don't overwork yourself out there. Get better soon alright Val? I'll be sure to get your Pokemon back. Just relax for awhile." Mark simply said as he finally got up and walked over to Lucia.

Valorie seemed... disappointed to say the least. She hesitated to speak, but it came anyway. "Oh--Alright... I still need to stay here and rest, or whatever." she admitted, glancing down at the honedge. "...More like figure out how to get this thing off of me." she added only half-humorously. Her gaze flickered at Lucia briefly, but she had a difficult time picking up what Lucia was actually doing. There was something offputting and uncomfortable about the way Lucia was talking about her, but she couldn't quite place her finger on it!

Mark smiled again. "Heh, well stay safe Val. I'll drop by again later." Mark said as he headed on out the door, keeping his eyes focused on Val as he did. He gave a large sight of relief. "Phew... she's alright... that's a huge load off my back..." Mark said to Lucia. "So, what's next for you Lucia? You going to head back to your hotel to prepare?" Mark asked.

She nodded, "No.. staying here. My old room should still be here. Never moved my stuff out. I think my dad gave some half ass answer, so it should be fine enough. Anyways... you should set up someone to guard you at night. I know Roberto will be up to protect me."

She smiled back at the Scizor who nodded, but once her head turned away he gave a glare at the boy. "But still, just to be safe and all." She looked over at her dorms and smiled a bit at Mark, "Well... I'll be going off and all." She looked down, "Uh... just stay safe and all. ...Well good night." She turned away and quickly began to walk away with the Scizor following rihgt behind her.

Mark walked after Lucia and placed a hand on her shoulder. Yeah, Roberto being all protective and junk whatever but he had to get this out there. "Hey Lucia, promise me you'll be safe out there during this raid or whatever Lance has planned... I don't want to lose any of our friends in that fight." Mark said, smiling at her.

Lucia paused and turned to have him, giving a weak nod, "Yes, of course." With that she turned back once more and kept on walking, a small blush forming on her cheeks.

Kale suddenly found himself alone again in the infirmary room with Valorie. If he had been in that situation that same days morning he probably would have felt uneasy. But it was quite apparent by that point that he was getting used to the girl being around him. He peered out the window to see the pitch black sky outside, a dark shade over the island pierced with a glowing moon and the shards of light that were stars. Kale smiled warmly, if only for a moment. He loved the night sky. He suddenly realised then, that his bag had been on his back the entire time. With a grunt he swung it off of his back and tucked it underneath the bed where Aria was sleeping.

He glanced at Valorie for a moment. She didn't appear to be feeling much better than before at first glance, though he could hardly tell what was going on in her head. Figuring he would be driven mad by boredom otherwise, Kale decided to try and start a conversation. "Your friends seemed happy to see you... you must be quite close with them, no?"

Valorie turned her gaze on Kale as he spoke, her tired eyes searching him curiously. Moving nearby, she sat on a bed to try and relax. "Well... yeah! I suppose so. That's what friends are, right?" she replied, smiling pleasantly at him. "We've known each other for a pretty long time when I think about it." she mused out loud, taking a moment to consider what she'd just said. "But--um... Friends also do nice things for each other. Do you think we're 'friends'..?" she asked, a note of hopefulness in her voice. She seemed to be confronting Kale, albeit very gently.

Kale glanced idly at Valorie after her explanation and first question, it was probably a rhetorical one, but for some reason he still felt compelled to answer. "Right?..." He paused. "How would I know?" It might have seemed to be a rude response at first, but there was just enough emotion in Kale's voice to tell that he had asked in earnest. Was it not obvious to her by now? How would he know what it was like to have friends? However... her next question seemed to nullify that doubt in some way, albeit it did so by completely catching Kale off guard and leaving him with more questions than answers. "Do I... do I what?" He asked, his eyes widening. For the first time since they had met it appeared that she had truly surprised him. He scratched his head for a moment and thought before responding. "I... I wouldn't know... it's like I said... how would someone like me know that? I don't have friends, not human ones anyway." He spoke with an unnerving amount of calm. "What do you think? Are we friends, Valorie?"

Valorie took a deep breath, steadying herself. She then slid off the bed and deliberately moved to Kale's side. She was making a point to mimic his body language somewhat. "Well... Yeah!" she responded, her gaze shifting over to him. "Or at least, I'd rather be friends than... 'allies'." she added on quickly, seeming to express some frustration with that line of thinking. "You did kind of... earn it." she explained after a moment before finally falling silent to give Kale a chance to react.

Kale looked at Valorie for a moment, really looked at her. This time without an emotionless front to take any gaze she might give back. His eyes were filled with confusion, he looked baffled... lost. "Did I though? Did I really Valorie?" Kale gestured towards Aria, who still lay sleeping on the bed. "No... in reality, it was her right? She saved you. Not me. Without her, I would have left you for dead out there... right?" He doubted himself for a moment. Was he really that heartless. In the end would he have left Valorie alone to die? Or would he have helped her without Aria's interference? He didn't know. He could never know, not unless Valorie's life fell back into his hands again... and what were the odds of that happening?

Valorie opened her mouth to respond when the full implications of what Kale had said hit her. The look on her face was heartbreak and pain. Kale had taking her attempts at reaching out and strangled them with his response. For a moment she didn't seem to know what to say. She turned away from Kale, turning her back to him. She seemed to be hiding her face from him, body language tense. "...Why? Why would you do that..?!" she asked, audibly upset.

Kale's face... refused to return to an emotionless state. It just appeared frustrated. At what? Only he knew that. But it wouldn't take a genius to guess that it was himself. He couldn't think of anything else to say, so he told her the truth. "Have you forgotten?... You were there right? I would have refused to save you. But Aria... she told me that I should." He paused. "If you're asking why it's because I was lost too and so was Aria... I was thinking of only me and her... you were a liability..." He trailed off, more unsure of his words than he should have been. His mind was flushed with confusion, why was he so upset over her reaction? "To be honest I still thought that when Aria convinced me but... I... I still helped you. I don't know why... it doesn't make any sense to me but I did it." He rubbed his forehead in frustration. "You... you're such a complication!" His voice was angry then, full of bitter emotions. "You got in my way and now look at me, I've been... I've been weakened! Compromised!" He tossed his hands in the air with exasperation. He was clearly almost as upset as Valorie was, though he was expressing it differently. Any sort of emotionless mask he had worn was now shattered on the floor.

Valorie seemed to ball her fists. The normally invitingly dispositioned girl abruptly spun around to confront Kale personally. "You're supposed to -care- about people!" she protested, rather upset. Notably, tears dotted her almost angry expression. It seemed telling her he didn't care about her life was a bit much for her to handle. Nobody treated her -that- poorly!

Kale only grew more enraged at her words. He balled his fists and straightened his posture, he stood to face Valorie directly then, he would have no more of her words. "Why... should I?!" He shouted, hopefully not loud enough to attract unwanted attention, but enough to show all of the emotion he had bottled up inside of him. "Please Valorie..." His voice lowered, though his words were bitter and filled with spite. "Since you know SO much about what people are supposed to do... Can you tell me why I've gone through my entire life without anyone ever giving a damn about me?" He paused and gritted his teeth. "Then! Can you please inform me as to why, despite that, I should care about anybody, let alone YOU!" He took a step towards her. "Well?! What gives you and everyone else this... this right!? This right to be cared about?!" Kale stopped in his tracks and took a step back. His face began to flush red with embarassment. He had said too much... much too much. His gaze fell to the ground and he went silent. Tears began to well and his eyes were wet by them. Though he refused to let the tears fall. Exhasperated and clearly given up, he repeated his question. "Well?... Why should I care? I don't understand."

Valorie was quiet. It was hard for the tiny, weak girl to pretend she was strong and so she just stood there declining to answer as Kale hurt her feelings. The tears kept coming. For all she tried, she couldn't grasp that this boy whom had saved her life still thought so poorly of her. How could he say that? How could he talk about her like she was worthless? Pain and sadness gave way to rage and she found she was no longer crying. She'd never wanted to reach out and hit someone so hard in her life, but she didn't. "...I don't know." she responded. Her own voice was full of a similar bitterness, almost familiar even.

Kale sighed deeply. "You... you must think I'm a real piece of work huh?" He laughed slightly. "Yeah maybe I don't care about anybody Valorie... and maybe that's my fault..." He sat down on her bed, so as not to disturb Aria, (Whom had somehow remained asleep throughout the argument.) his head was bowed, almost as if he was ashamed of this defining trait, something that made him who he was. Kale was ashamed of himself. "But I tried... I tried caring about other people a long time ago." His voice was nostalgic, calm and sad. "But... nobody cared about me. Not my parents... Not my "friends"... Arceus, I thought I had a best friend who I cared about and he went and left me behind as soon as things went sour for him." He was passed the point of no return, so he started to open up completely to Valorie. "Then... when everybody else was gone..." He closed his eyes tight and clenched his fists. "I... stopped caring."

He looked up at her, his eyes open and filled with sadness. "Maybe it seems like you're worthless to me... But if it makes you feel any better I don't really think you are personally." He paused and moved a strand of hair out of his face. "It's difficult for me to care though... because nobody ever taught me how to do it properly, you know, give and receive." He sighed. "So when you show up for the day and by the evening you start wanting me to open up and you start wanting me to call you friend?..." He trailed off. "That's really difficult for me, do you understand?" Kale looked up, locking eyes with Valorie. "I'm sorry alright? I shouldn't have made you upset like I did. That was... wrong, I guess." He looked away from her again, trying to figure out if anything he had just said actually made any sense or if Valories strange effect on his emotions was completely influencing his words.

Valorie merely listened. She didn't know what to say. To say Kale had upset her was a bit of an understatement. At first she just didn't want to talk to him, but slowly as he went on something much grander wormed it's way into her head; it was the realization that none of this was about her. It was about Kale! Kale was describing to her -his- problems, not -her- problems. He didn't understand her problems! She was... safe. This allowed Valorie to calm down.

Kale finished and Valorie looked around to make sure they had some privacy. She then did something provocative; instead of using words she moved over and sat down directly beside Kale, leaning over a bit and embracing Kale in a rather affectionate hug to show him she cared. It was a full and firm embrace during which Valorie's expression was a bit somber. The hug wasn't for her and yet she showed no interest in letting go. She wanted him to be the one to break the hug this time.

Kale could only wince as Valorie walked towards him. He didn't really know what he was expecting... though he was almost certain it would be something negative. To say nobody had ever hit him before would be a serious lie and to say he had gotten in a few violent fights would be an understatement. Yet, after having poured his emotions out for what would have been the first time in over a year at least... he had a feeling that the hit he was anticipating would hurt more than most. But despite what he thought... that hit never came. He opened his eyes sceptically to find that Valorie was sitting down beside him. Uncomfortably close beside him at that. He murmured with confusion. "What are you-"

He felt a strange and unfamiliar warmth interupt him. Valorie was... holding him. He panicked at first, his eyes widening and jaw dropping slightly, he tried to gently shimmy away from her... but her grip was tight. She wasn't letting him go. His face began to flush a deep red colour. "V... Valorie..." He started But he couldn't really think of what to say, as he sat in silence, suddenly he felt a wet sensation streaking down his face. A single tear had leaked from his left eye... within a moment another fell from the right, followed suit by another and another. He didn't understand why he was crying... he hadn't cried since he was a small child and yet here he was. Perhaps his lack of understanding as to his own feelings only drove the tears to flow faster. His hand moved then, almost by itself to wrap around Valorie, embracing her in a half-hearted way... but for Kale it meant more than most anything he'd ever done for another person. Still at a loss for words, he remained silent.

Valorie Ryder - Main Office

It had been a reasonable ammount of time since Valorie had been rescued from near death by a series of very fortunate events. She had stayed in the infirmary for several days as Nurse Joy made sure she was alright and she had seemingly completely recovered. She now had fresh clothes, beauty products, and her boots weren't wet on the inside! She could've been a lot more miserable, but there was something nagging at the back of her head. Her pokemon had been stolen, and today was the day she was going to get them back. Pulling her beanie hat over her head she made a point to pretty herself up, though for what reason she wasn't quite sure. Did she want to look good for Team Rocket? ... No, she decidedly was only doing this for herself.

She gathered up the few pokeballs she had, including an ultra ball she hadn't owned before now. It had been somewhat expensive replacing all her stuff, but her parents took fare of her. For this, she was grateful. More than that though she recalled a conversation with her father.

"...Valorie, I don't want you to go after your Pokemon." her father had said. "But I know you will." he had quickly added. Valorie had been quite frustrated by his admission. "You're not content to sit safely at home like you used to be; I understand that. I just want to know that it won't be you who gets brainwashed next time." her father had said. Valorie could tell he didn't like the idea of her going to that raid at all. He had chosen to give her one of his pokemon, a Reuniclus. She grabbed that Pokemon too, not quite intent on disappointing her father or becoming a lab rat.

Without another word she departed from her room in suicune dorm and made her walk towards the main office of the school. She had a very grim look on her face, but it was also determination that shone through. As she reached the main office near the front of the school she spotted a familiar figure, Lance, waiting. He raised a hand in acknowledgement of her presence and she curtsied in response. This got Lance to crack a smile. "I'm about ready to make the call. You can wait here if you want. I know there will be others showing up." he explained, glancing into the office. Valorie followed his gaze and noticed a particular girl within. ...Was that Hilda, the vigilantism teacher?

Academy Announcement - Main Office
Lance went inside and spoke several brief words to Hilda before the intercom would blare to life, alerting all of the students to a message being broadcast. Hilda's voice called out across the school. "Attention teachers and students. You should all know by now that Team Rocket has been causing problems around the island. One of the most important parts of being a pokemon trainer is knowing how to deal with a real threat. Before you can achieve greatness you must overcome great danger, and so I'm happy to announce that we'll be inviting students to participate in a raid on Team Rocket's presence on the island." Hilda explained, gaining a mixed reaction from students. A moment later it was Lance's voice that spoke up. "Team Rocket will not will not respect your safety, or your rights. This is a chance for you to stand up and fight for our future, for justice--But it is dangerous. Therefore, this will be voluntary. If you feel you are capable, head to the main office immediately. Most of the teachers will be remaining here to make sure you are safe otherwise." he explained.

Megaman765

Years
Mark and Lucia: Cafeteria and Office

Lucia had been confident the past few days. Roberto was always around to keep an eye on her and even when she was alone his confidence rubbed off on her. They really didn't need to train anymore... it was more along just making sure that the team knew what they were getting into. Lirum seemed to be the sore wheel however. He was stuck in his... longing ways and so he had tried hitting on all of her teammates, or at least that's what she thought he was doing. They all ended up blushing in some way and hitting him hard in the face... everyone but Roberto that was. He just smacked the Golduck if he started talking to him while still keeping his cool demeanor.

Finally the day came. The announcement came on as Lucia was getting ready in the bathroom. So... a day off classes and an opportunity to just have a bit of fun outside of the academy? It seemed easy enough. In fact, it could be seen as a sort of application class. Apply what you learn in class to fend off a real life threat. No different than any other job now that she thought about it. Eventually you DID have to go out and apply what you learned in a classroom. She finished tidying up and gathered her belongings, making sure to take essentials only. She left with Roberto right behind her, stoic as always. She knew where the main office was so she made her way along. She knew that Val could not possibly think of coming. What in her condition and all, and with the fact that she was pokemonless for the time being.

She did know Mark was coming along too, though... she could only hope that she had some time alone with him. Over the past few days she had been developing, what she correctly guessed to be, a crush. Well he was a nice boy, not from the high mannered families of course, but from a simple background. That wasn't bad at all, and he was a gentleman and didn't go against her values. She and thought long and hard on it and truth to be told, he was a good match for her. Most of his morals seemed to clink with her own, so she could easily see the two of them getting together. Now if only she had the courage to ask him out...

Mark ended up sleeping anxiously that night. He would end up being put to one of his biggest tests yet. A whole raid against Team Rocket. Mark was confident he could handle himself, sure, but he was more worried about everyone else. Most of his friends really. The last thing he wanted was a victory spoiled knowing that some of his closest friends ended up being mortally injured. Team Rocket wasn't a joke, for the most part. Sure a single boy once took them out but groups learn from their mistakes. He wasn't expecting another child prodigy to come swooping in to save the day.

Once morning hit, Mark quickly got up out of bed. Snype had been keeping guard that night and thankfully, nothing came in to hurt Mark. Better safe then sorry he supposed. He decided to let Snype get a bit of extra sleep and put him in his Pokeball until he needed him. He earned some rest.

Mark did his usual routine thing. Shower, a small snack, the usual. He'd have to go fetch a bit of breakfast too now that he thought about it. Maybe some kind of weapon just in case... he had his Pokemon but what if a rocket went behind him and started to grab him? Who knows what it would be like in there...

He pulled out his Pokegear and proceeded to send Lucia a small text.

"Hey Lucia. I'm gonna grab some breakfast before heading to the office if you want to tag along. I wouldn't want to fight on an empty stomach ya know :p"

-Mark

He sent the message and grabbed his backpack. He had various items on him. Potions, a few revives, a nice supply of Lum Berries for Len as well as the rest of his Pokemon, the usual stuff. He'd have to grow more of them later. He was looking forward to bringing some peace back to the island. He could focus more no his classes that way.

Lucia grabbed her own pokegear as it began to blink and nodded, "Hm... breakfast is just for a bit, and we won't be sure how long we stay in there after all..." She put her pokegear away once more and turned on her path to head to the cafeteria. This might very well be a good time to talk to Mark about what she had been thinking about lately.

Mark would arrive to the Cafeteria sometime before Lucia. A couple of students seemed to have the same idea as Mark it seemed. Good on them. No need to rush into a battle without being prepared. Mark headed up to the counter and started to order some food while keeping a lookout for Lucia.

Lucia soon stepped in and looked about, gathering a bit of food and making her way over to Mark, "So... how are you feeling? A bit excited? I know I am." She said.

Mark smiled at Lucia. "Heh. Yeah. Although I guess you could say I'm a little nervous too. I mean, this is pretty big stuff you know?" Mark said. He ordered himself two toasted bagels with some cream cheese in it along with some milk to go alongside it. He pointed over to a nearby table by the window for them to sit at.

"So how'd you sleep? I guess Roberto did a good job keeping watch as usual huh? I had a bit of trouble what with being anxious to get to the whole raid and all..." Mark said

Lucia nodded, "I slept well enough. Anyways... Mark. If we do end up facing some of Valorie's dragons... well you know her best, how powerful are they? What are some weaknesses and types and all?"

Mark rubbed his head. Ohh boy. Dragons... "Well, I already know that one of her strongest would have to be her Dragonite. He's a pretty cuddly fella. Well... used to be I guess. Last time I battled she also had a Flygon on her which I was able to defeat with Commodore but still, it probobly knows some new movers that I'm unaware of. Uumm... oh! She also had a Charizard on her. I remember she caught a frillish awhile back so its probably evolved by then..." Mark paused a moment. He shuddered at the thought of frillish... he couldn't believe that incident was still bothering him after all this time. "U-um... that's all I know off the tip of my tongue. Her Dragonite is likely her strongest though." He added.

Lucia nodded and jotted the notes down on her pokegear. "Okay..." She murmured. "Well that's a team, but we'll take them down if we see them." She said. "Now then, I'm thinking when we go up there we can stick together and watch each others backs. With Snype and Roberto we should be pretty impassable." She said as she dug into her meal. "I heard that kids are missing... anyone that you know Mark? Any pokemon that we should look out for in that case?"

Mark shrugged. "Not that I know. If I spot anything that's familiar I'll let you know in advance. I wish we had more convenient means of communication other then our Pokegear. I could watch your back alot easier that way." Mark said with a grin. He was legitimately worried about his comrades and all. He'd be sure to help whoever he could. He was a strategist after all.

She chuckled and playfully punched him in the sholder, "Easy there. We'll stick together. We'll watch each other's back all the way through. Two is better than one after all."

Mark finished up his last bagel and smiled at Lucia, "Heh. Righto. I know I can rely on you after all." He said, throwing a small wink. Being with a good friend would be alot safer after all. "Hey, once we get there I can take a look around the area and figure out a good place for us to attack from if it dosn't go against whatever Lance has in mind. Simple strategy and all that. If I can do it in Pokemon battles, what's to say I can't do it in an all out raid? Hehe."

She nodded happily, "That's true. I'm sure to be safe with you!" She was silent for a bit and looked down, "So... I assume Val is all healed up. Too bad she has to stay behind. I can see her drive to want to save her pokemon, but without them she'll be a liability in a way. Her intentions are good, but her common sense would be skewed if she tried to come along."

Mark rubbed his head and sighed. "Yeesh... don't remind me..." Mark muttered quietly, remembering the last time he won against her in a 1 on 1. "If she ends up showing up... well... I dunno. I just hope she dosn't end up getting herself in trouble again... oh! I just remembered. Lucia! Do you have any TM's on you for any kind of Ice move? I juse realized my team is a bit lacking in that department. I'll have alot of trouble against those dragons without one." Mark asked.

She sook her head, "No... not really. I don't carry TMs on my person and I'm afraid I have none at my room."

Mark snapped his fingers. "Darn... that might be trouble... Dragons are weak to Ice. Even more so on Dragonite since its part flying. Having something like that on our side would be nice to have... its too bad that TM store got raided. I doubt they have much now." Mark said.

She nodded slowly, "Well, I have Samuel and he knows an Ice Beam. If we run into them then he would be our best bet, and I have Lirum now who knows some water moves to take down a Charizard."

Mark grinned. "Phew... well that's good. We should be alright then..." Mark said, giving Lucia a smile. "Well I'm finished with my food. I'm ready to head out when you are Lucia."

Lucia nodded and put her remaining food down. "Not really that hungry... I guess I'm too excited." She said as Roberto positioned himself behind her yet again, "Lead the way and we'll get this done. The two of us could take down Team Rocket easily!"

Mark headed out to the Cafeteria alongside with Lucia and made his way over to the office. He was still as anxious as ever to get right to business and get all of those Pokemon back, as well as save everyone that Team Rocket had kidnapped. Mark still had that previous signal traced from before thanks to Commodore but its likely that Lance was already one step ahead of Mark.

Lucia followed along and soon enough they were at the Main Office. As soon as she went in she stopped dead in her tracks and blinked in surprise. "V-Val?"

Dawn

Years
Valorie turned to acknowledge her name being called. She took in Lucia's expression and just sort of puzzled over it for a moment, debating why exactly Lucia was so surprised to see her. Finally it occurred to her. Lucia hadn't expected her to show up. Valorie smiled, raising a defiant fist at an unseen foe. "You didn't think I'd sit back here and wait while my Pokemon are put through who -knows- what, did you?" she asked in high spirits. Noteworthily the honedge that had clung to her arm was nowhere to be seen, leaving it up to the imagination how she'd gotten her off.

"Besides, me and my -Pokemon- have a score to settle..." she added, flashing a characteristically cocky grin. It seemed she had recovered very nicely. Valorie proceeded to produce several Pokeballs and from them emerged her haxorus, honedge, tyrunt and goomy. Honedge immediately lashed out, wrapping her cloth around Valorie's arm and pulling herself into the short girl's grasp. Valorie emitted a pained yelp and grabbed at her wrist, wincing. Hilda got up from where she was sitting to intervene and Lance turned his head knowingly but the trouble seemed to pass as quickly as it had come. Valorie took a deep breath and smiled again, this time a bit less arrogantly. "You've gotta stop that, honedge... It hurts." she said in a quiet tone of voice. She soon disregarded the ghost type pokemon and turned her attention back to Mark and Lucia.

A ghostly man's voice echoed from the immediate area. It sounded as if it were simultaneously right there and a great distance away, distorted.

"Y'know, if you were going for intimidating I think the mini skirt might've been a poor choice. it remarked casually. Valorie immediately deadpanned and gave an unseen foe a dirty look. Who had just said that out loud for everyone to hear again?

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Kale David Reynard --- Main Office

Kale stood a fair distance from the main office, he was watching it intently. In reality he had been there for quite a long time, most likely before Valorie showed up... maybe even before Lance. Who could tell? He was waiting for others to arrive, it seemed, avoiding needless interaction until there were enough people present. However despite this excuse, his eyes remained glued to Valorie almost the entire time. After what had happened between them in the infirmary... he had been keeping interaction with the girl to a minimum. She did something to him, awakened old parts of him that he had buried for a reason and as such, aside from the occasional greeting or question about directions around the school, he hadn't said a word to her since that night. It was almost as if he was frightened by her, though fear, he thought, was hardly an apt word to describe his reasoning for staying well away from her.

Aria sat on Kales shoulder. She also watched the others with intrigue... Kale had only given her a very brief and nondescript explanation of what had happened as she slept in the infirmary that night... but even with that she could tell that Valorie had somehow managed to make a crack in the otherwise impenetrable wall that was Kale. This put her in a combined state of awe, wonder and jealousy for the girl, but overall she was grateful. It seemed that although he acted pretty much the same around most everyone else... Kale was suddenly acting a little bit kinder when he and Aria were alone. The steel fairy supposed that she had Valorie to thank for that.

As the intercom announcement played, Kale physically winced at the voice. Hilda. He knew she taught in the academy and he had been avoiding her fervently up until that morning. When was the last time he had spoken to her directly... at least over a year ago? Granted he had much longer hair back then AND most of his face was covered, but he still had slight worry that she would recognize his voice. After all they had faced off once upon a time and... more importantly... Kale had lost badly to her.

Before long, two more besides Lance, Valorie and Hilda showed up at the main office. Surprisingly enough it was two more familiar faces. Mark and... Lucia if he wasn't mistaken. He couldn't say that he had spoken to them much either over the days since their first meeting... though that was more due to his generally antisocial attitude. He would have, of course, greeted them and such so as not to get in their bad books too early... but apart from that they hadn't had any serious conversation that he could remember.

"Maw... Mawile." Aria murmured to him from his shoulder. Kale, having his black scarf wrapped firmly around his mouth and lower face, pulled it down to his neck so as to speak properly to his pokémon. "I suppose it would be best to head over now, yes... I don't know how many people will be joining the raid but I don't see their being a massive turnout overall." He left the scarf around his neck for the time being and proceeded to walk towards his group of... assets. He frowned as that word passed through his head, however Aria was quick to pull his mind away from it. "Maw... Mawile?" She asked. Kale simply shrugged his shoulders. "I still wear it like that out of force of habit, nothing more. Now be quiet, they can't hear us speaking to one another." Aria frowned, but obliged to Kale's orders regardless.

Moments after the ghostly voice had spoken, Kale revealed himself to the group. He didn't wave, or make any sort of indication that he was just suddenly "there". But rather, he spoke as if he had been there the entire time. His voice as cold and emotionless as it had ever been, it had nothing to it besides a rather calm and calculating tone.

"While intimidation I suppose, would hardly be your strong suit regardless... the mysterious presence makes a point." He said to Valorie, his eyes looking her up and down with a judgmental gaze. "While I admit I'm not exactly in a suit of armor myself, you aren't particularly well dressed for the rapidly approaching events." His eyes stared at her largely unprotected legs for a moment, completely oblivious and innocent to any implications that such an action might carry. "We're no good to one another dead... didn't I tell you that before?"

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds (night)

Many students were making their way to their dorm rooms to get some well-deserved sleep. Most of them looked content, as if they had had a wonderful Christmas day. Some were talking about the presents they recieved, while others just talked about how they spent the day. A sudden light then appeared in front of the Entei Dorm building, drawing many students' attention. When the light faded, they could see a red-haired girl with a Ralts and a young man next to her. As using Teleport to return to the dorm room was not something out of the ordinary, the people there turned and continued doing whatever they were doing. The red-haired girl sighed in relief and gave her Ralts a hug.

"We made it!" she exclaimed, "Thank Arceus for that!"

Grace the Ralts happily cheered, "And thank you, Grace! You saved my life, again!"

The young man cleared his throat loudly to snap Alice and Grace out of their happy moment and draw their attention to him. "Well, that was something else." he said, "By the way, Merry Christmas." Alice's jaw dropped. She had completely forgotten what day it was! Having started her day with a clouded mind, then spending the rest of it in the mountains and in a cave... It only seemed like minutes, and could not believe that the battle with the Dugtrio had taken so long! She felt a mix of confusion, pride and joy in herself. "O-Oh, I... almost forgot about that... Heehee..." she said timidly, blushing with embarrassment. "M-Merry Christmas to you too..." She could then see that the trainer was searching for something inside his bag. Alice just stared at him in more confusion as he pulled out a blueish egg.

"Here, I'd like you to have this." he said, handing over the Egg to Alice, whose eyes were wide open.

"W-Wow... an Egg... you really shouldn't have..." she said timidly.

"Once again, Merry Christmas." the trainer said with a smile on his face. "Consider it a token of my gratitude for having saved my Pokémon... and myself. I don't know what could have become of me if you hadn't come around."

Alice felt her face flushing, and looked away from the man. "Y-You're welcome... And thank you... for the Egg."

"You're welcome." he said, and stretched out his body with a yawn. "Boy, I'm beat. I'm gonna call ti a day. I think you should too, um..."

"Alice." she said, and placed the Egg on the grass and extended her hand, "Alice Crenshaw."

"Mike." he said, extending his hand and shaking hers, "Mike Gunn. Nice to meet you. And thanks again. I'll see you around."

"Bye, good night!" Alice said and waved. Then she picked up the Egg and headed inside the Entei Dorm building, with Grace using her psychic powers to open the doors for her. Not before long she was in her room. She gently placed the Egg on her bed and went into the bathroom to change into her pajamas. Once that was done, she returned and got in bed. Grace was already sleeping at the foot of the bed. Alice yawned and looked at the Egg for a moment. "I wonder what you'll hatch into..." she whispered and embraced the Egg. One minute later, she was fast asleep.

Morning - Heading towards Main Office

Alice was sprinting towards the Main Office, going as fast as she could with the Egg she was carrying in her arms. She was having breakfast when she heard an odd intercom message. Some time ago she would have ignored it, and would have thought she would hold all the other students back; however, recent events had made her slightly change her mindset and she had the feeling she could be helpful. Especially with Grace's Teleport at her disposal. She quickly finished her breakfast and rushed out of the cafeteria, then realized she had left her Egg behind! Silly, silly Alice! she thought and immediately headed back to the table she had been sitting at. To her relief the Egg was just sitting there, and she quickly grabbed it and sprinted outside.

And, well, we're back to the beginning of this, let's say, chapter. The red-haired girl making her way to the Main Office as fast as she could. The intercom message echoed in her head, and her mind continued to repeat "I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late!" Eventually, she reached the doors of the Main Office. She stopped to take a breath, and immediately her tummy began to scold her because of running right after eating (and also shoving so much food inside in such a short time). She slowly walked inside, panting, and noticed that some people had already gathered. She recognised the girl known as Valorie, who was said to be missing, and a boy who he had the feeling he had met before... Mark, was it? The other girl there looked familiar, while the other boy was a new one for her.

"H-Hello." she said, placing her Egg on the floor, "S-Sorry I'm late."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Main Office​

Lucia just feel silent as she tried to process Valorie's presence. First off... who had given her extra pokemon? Had she gone off and collected as many as she could? Now with the Haxorus she could understand having that mon with her... but the others? She was seriously considering possibly putting a Goomy up against a Charizard!? Was she asking for these pokemon to be turned to ash by her old pokemon? If anything, Lucia could see that Val was clearly in denial. She could already see that no matter what she said, she would be coming. On the one had, she had to admire her spirit... but on the other she was going to be a liability. Who DID come to a raid trying to look good in a mini-skirt anyways!? Lucia herself had at least worn jeans for the occasion! It seemed that someone else had the same thoughts as her as a male voice spoke out also chiding Valorie for her choice of attire and even that boy she had met yesterday with Val came in and also added onto the critique pile.

Lucia coughed politely, "Valorie... I don't mean to sound like a broken record... but the others are right. Yes, you have a new team... but will they stand up in there? Have you been training them lately? Getting to know them and understanding how to use them in battle?" Lucia smiled weakly, "I understand your intentions, truly I do! But... you just seem ill prepared. How will you be able to help if you simply harm yourself while up there? I know you want to save your pokemon, no doubt you have a lot of fond memories with them. However, you really need to ask yourself if you can keep up with everyone else."

Although she said those words with a soft and meek tone in truth she was hoping that they would at least cause doubt in Val's mind. Doubt to come and thus stay here at the academy. Yes, numbers always worked best... but still, she was more of a risk than an asset. She could easily be captures, again, and held for ransom. No, they needed trainers who took this more seriously and didn't have silly daydreams of beating team rocket all by themselves and saving the day. It was just an essential truth was all.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy sat on the edge of her bed, listening to the announcement as carefully as her sleep addled brain would let her. Apparently today they were all taking the fight to Team Rocket's front door - and it was about damn time. She'd been cautious of venturing too far from the Academy after Mark and herself had been attacked. Sure, they'd gotten their Pokemon back in the end, but only by the skin of their teeth. If she got attacked while she was alone she didn't stand much of a chance and she just couldn't risk losing her Pokemon again. How would she be able to live with herself? Without them? True, she was in a better place as a trainer than she'd ever been - especially now that Cubone was able to battle and Ponyta was listening to her. But taking on Team Rocket by herself was out of the question.

With the help of other students, and even staff? They could do it. She knew they could do it, and that she had to be a part of it. She couldn't just carry on with her day as normal while Pokemon were suffering, while everyone was risking themselves! If there was anything that Cubone had taught her it was that helping Pokemon was always, always worth it. No matter what you had to go through, no matter the cost afterwards. She was still waiting to pay the price for rescuing Cubone, but while she was she might as well keep trying to do good. Nodding to herself she got up and started packing her backpack. Potions, Antidotes, Revives - all the medical supplies she would certainly need for her Pokemon. Rope - because rope was always a useful thing to carry around. A flashlight, bandages, aspirin, energy bars and a canteen full of water. There was no telling what they might face, how long they might be out there or if she could get seperated from the group. A life at sea taught you to be prepared for the unexpected to happen. She washed herself thoroughly - no telling when she might next get a chance - and dressed as sensibly as she could. Sturdy brown shoes and thick socks meant she'd be ready for any terrain. She wouldn't be as light on her feet as she liked to be in the boxing ring but if she was fighting instead of her Pokemon then things would already be going downhill. Better by far to make sure she could walk long distances and carry heavy loads if need be.

Thermal boxer shorts weren't exactly lady-like, but it was still a cold time of year and they allowed her freedom of movement. It wasn't like anyone was going to see them anyway! Some sensible green cargo trousers made sure of that, along with the belt for her Pokeballs. She'd finally gotten it repaired which meant her Pokeballs would clip on safely and be that much harder to pilfer. A plain black, long sleeved top for her upper half with a green vest over it kept her practical but allowed at least a modicum of fashionable flare. Throwing on a faux-fur lined denim jacket she then worked her hair into a thick braid that hung over one shoulder. Stashing a last few essentials into her bag she checked her Pokeballs and set out for the canteen. Today was not a day to skip breakfast - not that any day was! She grabbed herself a hearty meal and several bottles of water (stashing the extras in her bag along with her canteen) and plonked herself down at an empty table. She started wolfing it all down when she spotted Mark across the room, sat with a pretty blonde.

Huh.

Was that his friend Valorie he'd mentionned? Or the other one, Lucy-or-whatever? Was he going to be going along on the raid today? It seemed like the sort of thing he would do, he wasn't exactly the careful type. She thought about heading over to ask him but decided not to interrupt the pow-wow. Maybe they were planning a secret rendezvous. She turned her attention back to her breakfast and by the time she looked back up, they were gone. She grunted, not entirely sure why but certain that their disappearance warranted some reaction, and got up to clear away the mess she had made. Once she was done she grabbed some white handwrap from her bag and started wrapping and taping her hands up as she made her way to the main office, as if for a boxing match. It helped to be prepared but it was mostly a ritual to help her focus. That and it kinda made her look like a badass. She hoped.

She was just finishing the last bit of wrap on her left hand when she entered the hall and spotted the gathering of students. There was Mark, and the girl from before, and another girl, and another girl what the hell Mark you player... and a guy too. Mark was the only person she recognised so she sauntered over to him, a smirk on her face. So he decided to go on a raid into Team Rocket headquarters without coming and getting her help, eh? They'd soon see about that.

"Hey, sneak." She said, giving him a quick jab to the arm. With her technique and regular workouts it would probably hurt Mark more than she intended - but it was all in fun. "Who said you could go on a Rocket raid without me, huh? After we creamed them last time! I'm insulted. You'll totally hurt my delicate lady feelings or whatever, you know what a fragile flower I am."

She'd get around to figuring out who everybody else was when she got a chance but there was no way she could let Mark get away with this! She should have been the first person he called, he would have been the first one she called for sure! But... then again, it was pretty obvious Mark had a lot more friends than just her.​

Megaman765

Years
Oh boy. Val was here huh? Mark supposed she ended up getting better quicker then he thought. That would be fine enough. She'd be able to walk around and all of that. But Lucia seemed to state alot of the points that Mark was concerned about. Here team wasn't quite complete and who knows where she got all of these Pokemon. Family? Out in the wild? It seemed a bit out of left field. Mark himself was dressed a bit properly for the mountain adventure. He had a blue jacket over his purple t-shirt and even sported a white scarf on top of that.

During the whole debate, more students arrive. All which Mark recognized. Kale, Alice, and... "Omph!" Mark muttered as he as jabbed in the arm. Yeow... he felt that one. He turned back to Sammy and grinned.

"Heh, nice to see you too Sammy. Nice to see so many familiar faces around here! It'll be easier for all of us to work together that way. Your certainly dressed for the occasion eh? You look like your just about ready to jab a Rocket in the jaw!" Mark said, noticing her attire. She looked well prepared which put Mark's mind at ease. He wasn't sure about Alice and Kale yet since he didn't know Kale and it had been awhile since he last met Alice. But that's why they were getting together. To make a proper plan and all.

He turned his attention back to Val and Lucia. No doubt their debate would get heated knowing how persistent Val was... he took notice again to Valorie's attire. She most certainly wasn't too well dressed, especially seeing how they'd be going up the mountains and all...

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Kale David Reynard --- Main Office

Kale hated groups of people.

He really did.

Especially those in his age bracket.

However at the same time, he couldn't complain about the sudden increase in students. They were teaching him things about themselves just by allowing him to observe them. One of the new girls, she carried an egg, showed a shy disposition... she probably wasn't an incredibly strong fighter for that matter... she just gave off this innocent vibe that (a year or so back) would have classified her as a target in his eyes. He could pick out weakness, it used to be his job. However, it was important not to jump to conclusions either, so for the time being he said nothing to the girl with the egg.

The other girl was much more interesting to him. Mark had called her Sammy... it seemed from what she said that both she and Mark had had experience dealing with the rockets in the past.

"...After we creamed them last time!..."

Kale had decided beforehand to himself that students who had experience with an evil teams brutality would be ten times more useful to him than any other in the upcoming raid. Before just moments ago that had only meant Valorie... however with this new knowledge he would do his best to get himself into a situation where Mark and the girl who's full name he naturally assumed was Samantha had his back in battle, after all...

...for all they knew that sentiment was mutual.

He frowned gently to himself. He constantly found himself having to remind himself that he wasn't heartless... he would try to help them if they needed it but if that stood in the way of he, Aria and or his friends safety? Then they would find no aid from him. He frowned... "or his friends"? What friends did he even have? His eyes flicked back to Valorie for a moment, but shifted away just as fast.

He would keep an eye on her. Arceus knows she'd need it with the lacking prep work she had done.

Still, he felt bad for Valorie with everyone judging her, himself included. She was going to save her pokémon... she didn't need what they were dishing out. As such, Kale decided to use his own sense of logic to turn one of the verbal attacks against her on its head.

Namely, Lucia's.

"You seem insecure, Lucia." He began, somewhat silently. "At least, that's the initial impression you give off when you comment on Valorie's position. Her pokémon are fine as they are for taking out rockets... to be honest if I was you I'd be thinking on how to prepare myself as much as possible, rather than commenting on how you feel someone else might drag you down." What Kale said would have, through anyone elses mouth, sounded spiteful. But the empty and mechanical tone of Kale's voice made his words sound almost entirely neutral to both sides. Even though he was clearly defending Valorie.

"Your mission, is to take out rockets. That's the point of the raid is it not? Valorie has chosen to join this raid, I'm sure she is fully aware of the risks... but she is more than willing to take them. Were any of us in her position we would surely do the same..." Kale paused for a minute. "Unless any of us would claim to love our pokémon any less than she loves hers."

Kale then turned to Valorie momentarily, still empty of emotion in expression and voice, though the latter developed a darker undertone. "If Valorie is injured... re-kidnapped... or killed brutally. It is nobodies fault but her own..." His gaze narrowed at Valorie. "I'm sure she's fully aware of that."

For a few moments, Kale left the group open to a sombre silence before shrugging his shoulders and losing the dark tone to his monotone voice. "That is however worst case scenario, I'm sure of course we'll all do our best to take care of each other if we need to... besides Valorie sat alone for a long time in a rocket prison without any of you there to help her. She'll be fine now, I'm sure."

Aria remained silent for Kales little explanation of the situation, merely smiling and prodding the side of his head gently as he finished. He had nothing more to say so he simply leaned back against a wall and proceeded to completely rip himself from conversation. It was so like him... enter, explain, leave without dealing with other peoples opinions because he was most likely right anyway.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Ellie Ward - Entei Dorm --> Cafeteria --> Outside the Main office.

"BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK!" A loud alarm starts to Announce Suddenly. Reluctant to get up, Ellie slowly Sits up in her bed and turns off the alarm.

"Ugh... I hate that thing so much. Why didn't I get a new, Quieter one?" She Whines to herself, Rubbing her Temples in an attempt to get rid of her headache. "Well It works I guess, I just wish it was more gentle about it..."

Finally Getting up and preparing for the morning, She takes a long shower to wake herself up and Changes into a white Tank top with a Thick purple Coat over it, A thick pair of brown pants and a Solid Pair of Snow Boots. As she's heading out to Breakfast, She throws a long Blue scarf around her neck and tucks the extra inside of her coat.

Cafeteria

After Grabbing a few items from the selection of food they had, Ellie Takes a seat by herself at a table in the back. Not knowing anyone Yet, She would rather observe than make a fool of herself. Slowly She was eating her Cereal when the Intercom Sprang to life. A Female Voice Delivered the news of a Raid on team Rocket's Base, A male Voice Soon after Giving more Detail and Rallying everyone.

"Team Rocket? Are they anything like Team Snagem or Cypher? If so, They might know what they did to Nellie..." She says, Looking down at her Cereal. Around her, Many students are Getting up and Heading Towards the Exit of the Cafeteria near the Front. "Alright, I'll go... I need to hurry up or else I'll have no one to follow there." She says scarfing down a few more spoonfuls of Cereal, Snagging a Half a Dozen Muffins and putting it into her bag on the Way out.

Outside the Main Office.

Following the group of people from the Cafeteria, she finally makes it to the main office. Apparently there rather early, She takes a seat next to the wall and fetches one of her smuggled muffins from her bag to eat, Waiting for something to happen.

Dawn

Years
Valorie turned a nice shade of bashful as she found herself being confronted with her atire, her skirt no less! She became anxious and one of her hands drifted down to her skirt's hem in a self-conscious manner. She looked around for support from her best friend Mark, only to find she could see judgement in his eyes. Ouch..! Betrayal! She had nowhere to turn but within herself! ...Then in her moment of need, Kale stepped up and defended her. As usual his words left her feeling conflicted somewhere between him being right and him being way too rude about it. Kale would receive a nod of acknowledgement in response. She was a tad too uncomfortable with his warnings to tell him thanks. "Uh--...I wasn't being serious." Shu's ghostly voice echoed from Valorie's presence. "Back in my day you wore dresses and robes if you were serious about surviving in extreme temperatures, even the men." he then added matter-o-factly. Summoning all her courage, Valorie decided to fold her arms under her chest and put on her best attempt at looking independent.

"I don't need to wear -pants- to be strong." Valorie replied in a tone full of disdain.

"She's dressed warmer than I am, anyway." Hilda remarked in a tone that suggested she simply could not care less, standing up and showing off her jean shorts and bare thighs in the process. Conversely, Valorie's were at least mostly covered by either her skirt or her thigh highs socks.

Lance quickly chimed in. "In the time since this was brought to our attention we've narrowed down exactly where the Rocket Base is and we've attempted to search for other entrances in the general area with no results. Getting there quickly without incident from the cold should not be an issue. We also know that they will be significantly outnumbering us. Now, Valorie's presence in this raid is very important to her. If she doesn't come, there's a very good chance none of us are capable of breaking the mind control her pokemon are under; she might never see them again if she doesn't act here and now." Lance explained, allowing the direness of the situation to sink in for a moment. "I admit that her team may have seen better days, but there's no such thing as a liability in a fight like this. If you think Team Rocket is going try and overwhelm her because her pokemon aren't strong enough, and they may very well do just that, that just means their attention will be away from the pokemon they aught to be concerned about. If you're really worried about your friends here, make it your mission to watch their backs and stay together. I guarantee you'll perform better that way." Lance advised stoically. He proceeded over towards the door of the main office.

"I believe your father gave you a Pokemon to help you protect yourself." Lance said, prompting Valorie to quickly respond. "Oh--Of course..! I nearly forgot." she admitted somewhat bashfully before pulling an ultra ball from her satchel. "Reuniclus!" she added in, tossing the ball to reveal an amorphous pokemon that spread it's arms as if to give everyone a biiig hug.

Lance glanced back and nodded. "Wonderful. It won't be much longer until we leave. Make any last minute preparations and be back here within ten minutes. We don't want Team Rocket having any time to prepare if they somehow get word of this." he explained.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy smirked in satisfaction that Mark seemed happy to see her, at least she wasn't completely forgotten about in his personal sea of estrogen. But if he wanted to spend all his time flirting with girls that was fine by her, while he was playing the lethario she would be getting stronger and stronger until she could crush him in a Pokemon Battle. She could probably do it right now, but it probably wouldn't be well received... She tried to pay attention to what was going on around her but there were a lot of people all... criticising some girls skirt? What the hell? Was that really the most important thing about today - fashion choices? Granted, she'd tried to make sure she was both practical and looked good, but who had the right to tell this girl what she could wear? Even if it was stupid! Sammy was just about to chirp up and come to the girls defense when some... weird... robot boy started discussing the issue.

Was he trying to be helpful or make things worse? There was something about his whole demeanour that made Sammy want to clock him in the jaw - see him stay so stuck up and superior then! She was going to give him a piece of her mind but then an older girl with the biggest ponytail in the world (she had to admit, it was kind of awesome) interjected with her own outfit. Sammy had to admit if she had thighs like these two she'd be showing them off herself cold weather or not. The jean-shorts girl looked familair somehow but Sammy couldn't quite place her... there was no issue identifying the man though.

Lance was a legend, whatever part of the world you were from - and Sammy was kind of from all of it. Heck, if this guy could wear a cape then the girls could wear kimono's and sombrero's! He exerted an air of control over the situation and their group so she made sure to listen up. Ten minutes and they were off? Time to make her final checks. She swung her backpack off and dropped to one knee, opening it up and checking through her supplies one more time. It looked like she'd come with a lot more stock than any of the others had, her bag seemed the fullest and heaviest by far. Hopefully no one would start commenting on her choices for the day now...

"Hey, Mark," she said, looking up to him from her backpack, "Lance is right. We should watch each others backs in there, for both our Pokemon and each other, right? We made a pretty good team last time we went up against these goombah's, so we should partner up again. It's not like any of the others can keep up with us, right?" She grinned. She didn't mean to put the rest of the group down but she and Mark had real first hand experience fighting Team Rocket together. Teaming up with anyone else would probably just slow both of them down - at least in her mind.​

Back