• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy snorted. "I did my hair up like a proper girl and wore clothes that my Crawdaunt hasn't been using as a nest. Yeah, I'm a real stunner. But thanks for the compliment and everything." She smiled, trying to take a bit of the sting out of her self-depreceating sarcasm. "It's good that your heads better man, I was worried you were gonna be walking around with those bandages forever. And don't worry about the tournament, you're gonna kill it. Until you have to face me, I'm not taking it easy on you now I know your heads on straight again."

"What've you been up to anyway?" She asked. "I didn't see you when we raided Team Rockets base. Not that everyone had to, I guess, maybe your head was still banged up. Been training that team of yours up I'm guessing. You caught a..." She furrowed her brow, clearly trying to think. "A... was it a Litwick you caught? Or a Duskull or something? The night we met I mean. I can't really remember. How's that going for you?"

It was nice to catch up with Shawn, she wished she'd made a little more time for him after that first crazy night. He just seemed like an all round decent guy, even if he didn't quite have Marks reckless readyness for adventure - or at least he seemed like he didn't. It occurred to her that she may be underestimating him after half dragging his semi-unconscious ass to the infirmary. She really didn't know how good a Trainer he was.

She made a mental note to take him seriously if they went up against each other in the tournament. Just because he'd been unlucky enough to get injured when they first met didn't mean he couldn't stomp a mudhole in her if she dropped her guard in a Pokemon battle.​

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm
    Clay's Cavern

"It's a Litwick," Shawn replied, "I named her Pyra. She seems to be taking everything in stride. No problems with her so far. I've been trying to work with everyone a little at a time. I figure that'd make them stronger in the end." He was a little surprised that she remembered, even though she had to think about it. Did he really make that much of an impression on her by being so helpless? The thought disgusted him and allowed his mind to think of something else.

"As far as hearing about Team Rocket," he continued, "I must have still been out of it. Never heard anything about it but rumors and speculation. When I was moving around more like normal, I was busy putting together my own private training area in the forest. It's not much to look at, but it helps get the job done." He pulled out the fossil he had found earlier and showed it to her, smiling wider. "Check this out, though," he said with a bit of excitement in his voice, "Clay said that this fossil was of a pokemon he wasn't familiar with. I wonder what kind it is."

He looked from the fossil to Sammy with an unusual look, a look with anxiousness and determination mixed together. "I can't wait to see everyone's face when they see a prehistoric pokemon walking the earth again!" he said as he placed the fossil back inside his front pocket. "Were you able to find a fossil, too? If so, maybe we can train them together...if they'll get along, that is."

This seemed to be the first time Shawn was this excited about being a pokemon trainer. Was this what the teacher was talking about last time as she creamed him in a battle? Speaking of battles, Shawn remembered what she said about the tourney and couldn't help but smile. "I wouldn't mind losing to you at all, but don't be surprised if I get the drop on one or two of your teammates," he said, "Either way, in the end, I will be stronger...and that'll make our future battles much more interesting."

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy listened to Shawn discuss his training methods, including a private area in the forest. She might have to scout around at some point and see if she could discover it. She had to agree with his decision to try and train his Pokemon equally, it was something she was trying to do herself. Crawdaunt had sort of shot ahead, but she'd been with him the longest, so she wasn't too concerned about that. He would remain her big gun until Cubone, Shuppet, Ponyta and Pancham got caught up.

"You should try to be more aware of Team Rocket, it's not just a bunch of hearsay you know. They're here and they're causing a lot of trouble, if it wasn't for a bunch of us trying to stop them, it'd be double. I've gone up against them three times already, and I don't think I've seen the last of them, so be on your guard and keep training your Pokemon. Most of the Rocket goombah's I've faced haven't been too much of a problem, but they have some heavy hitters and you'll want to be prepared."

She studied the fossil Shawn displayed, trying to figure out what Pokemon it might result in. It definitely wasn't the same kind as the one she'd found. She was happy for Shawn, but this put a serious hamper on her plans of using a fossil Pokemon as her secret weapon in the tournament. If other people in class were finding fossils how was she supposed to get hers reanimated with no one knowing? Everyone would be trying to use the machine all at once. And it wouldn't throw her opponent on the back foot so much if other fossil Pokemon had been used in the tournament - or worse, if her opponent had one themselves.

Arceus this wasn't what she'd wanted. She'd been excited to have some new trick up her sleeve before the tournament and now she couldn't ditch the idea. The tournament was set for a few hours after all the days classes had finished, but not all classes lasted the same amount of time. Would she have time after Advanced Mining to go and catch a new Pokemon or work out new strategies for the Pokemon she had? Maybe her time would be better spent just putting in some good old fashioned training. Strength and strategy only took you so far if you didn't have both of them together.

She had to win. Apart from helping out against Team Rocket she felt like she hadn't accomplished very much as a Trainer so far, just victories against a few Trainers who were clearly less experienced than she was. She couldn't beat Mark, Lucia had gotten turned into a Porygon before they could have a battle and she was pretty sure that Valorie girl Mark always talked about had gotten turned into a Grimer or something, so there was no self-vindicating battle to be had there either. The tournament was her chance.

"Uh, nope," she lied through her teeth, "No fossil for me yet. But hey, I could still find one. And hey, there's no way you're getting the drop on any of team. We're rock solid." She took a look around. "Speaking of which, maybe we should get back to mining? Or you could get that fossil sorted out, Clay would probably be cool with someone ducking out early for something that exciting."​

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber whistled a nondescript tune as she walked down the tunnel, mostly drowned out by the loud, constant beeping of her somewhat faulty Dowsing Machine. In hindsight, it probably would've been easier to leave the necklace behind, but there was no way she'd do that. So instead, she just kept walking and tried to tune it out. She was considering just turning of the Dowsing Machine and looking for treasure by hand when suddenly the beeping changed direction. She hurried to where it was pointing to and called over an Excadrill.

The Excadrill slowly dug through the wall, scraping away excess dirt before returning with a smooth ball of pure iron. Amber had no idea what it was, but she did have an idea for how she could use it. With two more pieces of carving material, she went back to work searching the tunnels. Things to carve were great, but she still hadn't found anything that was really worth anything. With the beeping of the Dowsing Machine returning to obnoxiously loud and constant, Amber continued down the slightly curving tunnel.

After quite some time, Amber was still trudging along that tunnel, searching in vain for another treasure to the tune of irritating beeping. She came to a jolting stop yet again as she spotted something even better than treasure. That annoying boy was exploring the tunnels in front of her. Alone. Excellent...

Amber smiled a twisted grin as she strolled over to the boy, Valor wearing a similar expression of malicious excitement up on his perch on her shoulder. Amber figured he'd be a great source of info as well as some quality entertainment, so she quickly replaced her sinister grin with an innocent facial expression. Valor caught on and did the same. She quickly turned off the Dowsing Machine and stopped a few feet from the boy, pretending to examine a spot on the wall. She turned to him casually.

"Hey. Find anything good around here?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Mark Wilson

Mark placed the fossil in his bag, just about to turn it over to Clay, until he heard a familiar voice. She was the one that was calling everyone a bunch of babies after the ride. For all Mark knew, she must have been pretty spooked herself! Still... wouldn't hurt to have some conversation with her.

"Heh, not much. Just some word Rocks, ore, and some kinda Fossil I think. You tend to find alot more stuff when your away from the crowd so I'm pretty sure my lucks about to change down here." Mark simply said. Mark's Sableye looked up at Valor curiously, observing the trainer as well just incase.

"I take you had the same idea? There's plenty of room if you wanna search for items within the walls here so feel free to search around if ya like." Mark said with a grin.

Years
  • Kayla Makihatayama and Holly Amarosa

Kayla did as Maylene said and frowned at Holly when she did nothing. "Come on, Holly," she said, grabbing her cousin's wrist and taking the Xtransceiver. She noticed that Holly was wearing a short-sleeved dress that showed off all of her scars and frowned. Holly noticed Kayla staring and glared at her.

"I'm not doing anything," she said stubbornly. "I told you that I didn't want to come to class. You got me here, but you can't make me do anything."

"Holly, you're being ridiculous," Kayla said.

"Am I?" Holly asked, glaring at Kayla. "You're the one who didn't listen to me."

Kayla looked around the room and frowned. "You're making a scene," she said softly. Holly's glare hardened.

"There you go again! Stop treating me like a baby!" she yelled. Kayla looked away and took deep breaths to calm herself down.

"I'm not treating you like a baby," she said softly. "But now you're acting like a baby. Calm down, alright?"

"You're not the boss of me," Holly said flustered. "Why can't you leave me alone?!"

"Because I care about you," Kayla said. "You've been worrying everyone."

"Mind your own business," Holly huffed. Kayla sighed, knowing that Holly wouldn't forgive her anytime soon. She looked over at Maylene sadly and mouthed the word "sorry".

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber resisted yawning at his rather boringly polite attitude. Instead, she tried her best to keep up some conversation in the hopes he'd let something slip that she could use against him. As it stood, she really didn't know enough about him to find any weak spots.

"Yeah? Me neither; just some old bone and a ball of iron," she said, making an impression that they had both had bad luck and downplaying the fact that she actually liked those two items.

Meanwhile, Valor was sizing up the boy and his Pokemon. He clicked softly to get a clearer image of the Sableye. Those sharp claws would put him at an advantage, despite Valor having his own sharp talons; they didn't compare to four limbs full of claws. However, Valor had the advantage in mobility, seeing as he could fly. Although, it was likely that those claws would enable the other Pokemon to climb the walls... Valor's mental analysis of the situation didn't seem like it was slowing down anytime soon. If the Pokemon could climb, then Valor's flying ability would be moot. He turned his head slightly and let out a few clicks to get a image of the tunnel they were in. The best positioning would be in a place equidistant from both walls, the floor, and the ceiling in order to decrease the probability that the enemy Pokemon would be able to reach him from any of those positions. Of course, this would all change if the Sableye went after Amber rather than himself. Valor was confident that Amber could handle the weaker boy easily, but adding a Pokemon to the mix wouldn't go well; the Pokemon would definitely have the upper-hand in a human vs Pokemon fight.

As Valor's thoughts raced, Amber's were equally active, trying to figure out the next move in this verbal and mental battle. She figured she would have to get closer to him to learn anything important, so she decided to start off with the basics. Normally, keeping one's identity secret was safer, but it was worth the risk for a boost in rapport with the naive child.

"I'm Amber, by the way. You?"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Shawn Williams -Raikou Dorm
    Clay's Cavern

Shawn shrugged at the idea. Either she was getting bored with their talk already or she didn't want them to get into trouble for goofing off or something. Either way, he already had other ideas about how to pass the time. "Yeah, your probably right," he said, "After all, you gotta find a fossil for yourself so we can train them together. Can't wait to see you again and hopefully go exploring or something." He pulled off a pokeball, returning Rocky, and smiled at Sammy as he clips the ball back to his belt. "Here's hoping I see you in the tournament. Good luck to you if I don't," he gladly stated before giving Sammy a slight side hug before heading back to talk to Clay. He was glad to have gotten the chance to actually talk and interact with Sammy...and was hopeful that he'd get more chances to later on. She seems like a fun girl to hang out with. As he thought about her, memories of former friends popped into his head. They were great and he liked being around them. Then they suddenly disappeared on him. Would Sammy be the same?

His thoughts were interrupted by seeing the large teacher in the distance. Shawn was once again surprised to see that Clay didn't know what his fossil could be. Was there really a pokemon that Clay didn't know about? As he came towards Clay, Shawn went ahead and replaced the Dowsing Machine with the others. Compared to the excitement of seeing a pokemon be restored to life from a fossil, digging for stuff in the walls was boring. Maybe Clay would let him be excused from the rest of the class afterward to start getting to know his latest team member. After all, its not every day someone does this...right?

Shawn approached Clay once again and smiled. "I guess the excitement of a new discovery has gotten to me," he explained, "Could you show me where to take my fossil to be rejuvenated? I want to see what kind of pokemon I have in my possession." He once again pulled out his fossil and stood at the ready to follow either his directions or him to see where it is.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy was a little suprised by the hug from Shawn. She didn't have a problem with it, she wasn't overly protective of her personal space, but she couldn't return it while she was holding the egg case. Hopefully he'd understand and not think she was being a Snubbul or something. "Good luck Shawnie. I'll see you from the winners podium," she grinned as he went off to talk to Clay again. She was going to have to make more of an effort to hang out with him in the future, he was too solid a guy to totally forget about. And he hadn't been turned into a Pokemon, which seemed to be a big plus these days in the friendship stakes.

She decided to take another crack at this mining thing, maybe she'd find something else worthwhile. She was about to head down one of the tunnels when she spotted Mark chatting to an unfamilair girl with funky hair and a Zubat. She rolled her eyes and turned back around, heading down a different tunnel. Lucia had been a Porygon Z for a day and Mark was already chatting up some other girl. He was a nice guy and all but he was a real dog when it came to the ladies. She was pretty sure the only reason he'd never tried it on with her was because he knew she'd kick his ass for it. She'd have to try and find that girl later and tell her not to get her hopes up, Mark was sorta spoken for.

By a Pokemon.

Before her brain started boiling from that particular train of thought she pulled the Dowshing Machine back out and started sweeping it back and forth as she walked. It didn't seem too likely that shed find something as special as the fossil but stranger things had happened. Lightning could strike twice, so long as your Politoed had Drizzle, right? The Dowshing Machine started beeping again and she tried not to get her hopes up too much as she called on an Excadrill to excavate her find. A few seconds of intense tunnelling into the wall later and the Excadrill backed off, letting a dark rock studded with red crystals tumble out and onto the ground.

It didn't look like anything special, but it was kind of pretty. Sammy reached out to pick it up and could feel the heat radiating from the thing before her hand was even two feet away. By the time she was almost touching it she knew it burn her fingers if she picked it up, so she snatched her hand back and stared at it for a minute. How was this rock giving off heat all by itself? Or was it the crystals? Whatever the thing was it had to be useful for something, even if just to sell. Tucking the Dowshing Machine back into her belt she reached into her bag and pulled out a handkerchief she used as an all purpose rag and dropped it over the rock before picking it up.

Even through the handkerchief the thing was burning her hand! She juggled it from hand to hand, hissing in pain, before finally dropping it into her bag in its own pocket. She didn't think it was hot enough to do any damage to the bag itself and even if it did she wasn't really too bothered. It was just a bag. Now she just had to figure out what the hell she was going to do with the thing.​

Megaman765

Years
  • "Ah, Mark. Mark Wilson. Pleasure to meet you!" Mark replied as he investigated the walls further for some other piece of treasure. No luck quite yet though. Snype gave off a small cough. "oh! Ha, sorry. And that down there is my partner, Snype. I'd be careful digging up gems around him. He has a bit of an appetite for that stuff." Mark warned, considering alot of his potential finds were eaten right up by the Sableye. For some reason Mark felt sort of awkward... he was just talking to a potential new friend! He wondered why he felt so uneasy. Maybe the stress of his friends being turned into Pokemon was getting into his head.

Snype seemed to be observing the Zubat also... not really much to say. He couldn't tell if it was observing him since Zubat don't have any eyes to begin with. The Sableye simply waved to the Zubat to give a friendly greeting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber nodded, making sure to remember that name in the future. "Cool. This is Valor, by the way." she said, pointing to the Zubat on her shoulder. "I'm pretty new around here, what's there to do here, besides classes?" she said, keeping up a friendly tone and trying to learn as much as possible. As much as she hated pretending to be friends with this pest, at least he could be useful for a bit before she threw him away.

Valor stiffened slightly at the wave, his echolocation not detecting the movement very well, as it had been in a large space between clicks. At first it had seemed like a threateningly raised claw, however a few more clicks confirmed it to have been some sort of waving motion. Valor relaxed slightly and tried to start a conversation, wondering if he could perhaps get some information from the Sableye.

"Um, hello there," he clicked to Snype.

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark leaned up against the wall a bit. "Ah, new huh? Well, if your the adventerous sort, the whole island is like a gigantic playground for that sort of thing. There's all sorts of Pokemon you can catch if you travel away from the academy or town. I formed up half of my team mostly from the different Pokemon I've discovered out there. It's pretty neat if you want to become a Pokemon Trainer in the future. Other then that, There's also Oak Town if you wanna grab some better quality food away from the cafeteria back at the academy. There's even a couple of arenas you can use incase you'd like to have a Pokemon Battle or just train." Mark explained. He was already wondering what kind of trainer this girl was?

Snype meanwhile, showed off that big toothy grin of his when Valor decided to speak up. "Keheh, heya! Valor right? Pretty sure ya heard but the name's Snype. No need to by shy up there. I don't bite!" Snype said, inviting him down.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber pondered that information. She'd definitely need new Pokemon as time went on, but for now she was content with the team of three she already had. She'd of course have to check out Oak Town, they'd probably have shops and things, although she had a bad feeling it'd be far too rural and close knit to pull off any stealing. It'd be interesting; having to actually pay for things. She'd keep the arenas in mind as well; she'd never been able to train in a real stadium before. Continuing along that line of conversation she asked, "Well, what do you usually do when you don't have class?" She figured he'd be gullible enough to tell her all about his schedule and when he'd be vulnerable.

Valor, meanwhile, was pondering the Pokemon below him. Snype seemed friendly enough, although deception was always a very real possibility, considering Amber and Valor were doing it themselves. Leaving the high-ground was a very poor decision tactically, however it appeared to be socially frowned upon to stay up there, at least in the Sableye's opinion. It was incredibly illogical, and possibly dangerous, but Valor slowly hopped off Amber's shoulder and cautiously glided to the ground. Without Valor perching there, more of Amber's upper arm and shoulder were visible, revealing that the scars on her arms did, in fact, go all the way up to her shoulders.

"My apologies. My trainer and I are still getting used to this new environment." he clicked, his words bouncing back and giving a clear picture of Snype.

Megaman765

Years
  • Odd question... Mark thought. He supposed the girl just wanted to get to know him. What kinda stuff DID he usually do between classes? He'd been involved in so much incidents that he didn't have alot of free time... "Well... usually hanging out with friend or training my Pokemon really. Hard to say, I just make my schedule as I go." Mark said. That kinda made him sound like he was some kind of loner. Mark didn't even know what he was going to be doing after class! Other then practice for the tournament of course.

Snype nodded to the Zubat. "Keheh, naw it's fine. You and the rest of the newbies in the school! What are you two here for? To become experienced trainers or are ya aiming for something else? Kehe." Snype asked

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber was feeling rather frustrated at that answer, having really gotten her nowhere. She decided to turn the conversation to something a bit more useful than day-to-day activities. "So, I heard about this tournament later. You thinking about entering?" she asked nonchalantly. He'd mentioned something about a Fossil. If he planned to use a rare Fossil Pokemon in the tournament, than she'd have an even higher chance of pulling off her crazy scheme.

Valor, however, was feeling much less strategic for once. He'd come to realize one of the best things about being a Pokemon was that humans couldn't understand what you were saying. That meant anything he said could be used against him, but not Amber. With that in mind, he felt much more free to talk with Synpe without having to worry about him jeopardizing their goals.

"The room and board, mostly. I do look forward to bettering myself though," he remarked with a snigger. "If she'd focus and stop chasing skirts, that is," he added with a bit of contempt. He would've added a sniff of contempt to that but well, he lacked a nose. Valor was beginning to enjoy having some other Pokemon besides his team for company, as they'd long learned to tune his constant nagging out. Unlike Amber, he wasn't always content to be an angry loner.

Megaman765

Years
  • "Oh of course! I wouldn't dare pass on the chance to join in this tournament and take the victory! If you win you'll be personally trained by Professor Gary Oak himself! That'd be a fantastic opprotunity. I have a couple questions for him myself after battling him a few days back..." Mark said. He never actually did mention to many people that he had the rare chance of challanging him. Of course, Mark lost but he got to experience Mega Evolution.

Snype meanwhile seemed to keep chatting it up with Valor. "Kehe, really? I see you guys all over Kanto! Your fast little buggers when ya evolve! Before I was captured, I remember seeing a few Crobats flying around. They were pretty darn tough to catch!" Snype said, subtly adding some advise. It was a trait he picked up from Mark. "Chasing Skirts though eh? Keheh... I had a feeling she was looking at a certain someone~ My eyes don't miss that sorta thing~ Kehehe." Snype said with a little smirk.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber figured most people would kill for a battle with the Professor, but she wasn't most people. Honestly, why not something normal for a prize, like money, or a rare Pokemon or something? Either way, she pretended to be impressed before settling back to nonchalance. "Sounds like an honor! Personally, I'm gonna sit this one out and watch all the powerful trainers, see if I can learn something," she replied. She struggled to think of what to say next. "What do you know about the other trainers we'll see there?" she asked, hoping that she'd at least get something decent for that. She still couldn't find any openings or weaknesses.

Valor nodded as best as a Zubat could. "Indeed. I hope that I'll be able to experience that evolution in the future." he said, thinking back to his relatively short days in the wild. He chuckled. "Amber and subtlety are two things that don't go well together. I'll give it a day or less before the whole school notices," he remarked with a hint of disapproval.

Megaman765

Years
  • "Other trainers? Well... can't really say. Seeing how this is a school and all, people are learning new stuff or catching new Pokemon all time time you know? I like to have a surprise in battle, but at the same time prepare for any potential outcomes. I'm kind of a strategist in that regard... eheh... its a bit of a hobby I suppose. I tend to give folks alot of advice whenever I'm going against them" Mark said, rubbing the back of his head.

Snype chuckled at that fact. "Kehehe, I'm just waiting for her to make a move~ with how obvious she isn that oughta be one heck of an experience for Sammy. Kehehe. Lucky for her, she's not taken soooo maybe she has a shot? Wouldn't be the first time two girls hooked up. Kehe" Snype explained.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Amber Frost

Amber felt frustrated once again as her question was unhelpful. She'd never admit it, but she secretly hoped to find out more about Mark's friend but had failed entirely. She supposed she'd have to be a bit more direct to find out anything, despite it being dangerous waters. "Is your friend planning on entering the tournament? I mean, it must be pretty weird to think you might have to go against friends in such a high-stakes battle," she said, trying to sound more disinterested than she was about this friend of his.

Valor meanwhile was having fun chatting with Snype. He hoped Amber wouldn't do anything too bad to Mark; Valor rather enjoyed the company of his Pokemon. "You'll probably be waiting for quite some time, I'm afraid. It's both depressing and entertaining how such a brazen and bold person can turn into a blushing mess so quickly, yet still deny everything. It's quite fascinating, but also pathetic," he mused, having experienced this several times over already.

Megaman765

Years
  • "My friend... ah, you mean Sammy? Oh yeah she's definitely going to be in the tournament. If I'm going to be attending then I picture she'll want to get back at me for losing our first match... haha. We're kind of rivals I suppose. If anything I'm looking forward to the rematch more then anything this whole tournament. Why do you ask?" Mark asked, wondering why she was suddenly interested in Sammy of all people?

Snype smirked as he listened to Mark metnion Sammy. "Keheh, blushing mess? We might just see that soon if she keeps talking about Sammy like that. Maybe I'll get an example soon?" Snype said, trying to hold back a snicker. "Keheh, sorry I don't mean to tease your partner like that. I'm a prankster at heart. Comes with being a ghost. Kehe" Snype added just incase Valor would get offended.

Back