• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] The Pokémon Transferable to Sword & Shield Spreadsheet

yonicstudios

Game Developer
Years
  • I've been working very hard on a public spreadsheet table with all of the Pokémon currently known to be transferable from Pokémon HOME to the Sword & Shield games. And today, I'm finally able to release it!

The Pokémon Transferable to Sword & Shield Spreadsheet

Features

• Constantly updating: It is always up to date with my findings and other's lists.
      • A backlog is available with the latest updates in the Live Updating Table.
      • This table also has a colorblind friendly version.
    • Live status regarding evolution mechanics: The table has a section where evolution mechanics' availability is tracked.
    • Sources & Notes: A list of sources explaining where a Pokémon has been seen in the games, along with notes I add regarding the availability of certain Pokémon.
    • Stats by generation: An overall statistics table per generation, with charts.
      • It can be sorted by Dex number and by name, as well as filtered by Transfer status.

How to Use
    It works just like a regular Google Spreadsheet. You can switch between sheets at the bottom of the page.

The sheet you want to take care the most is the Transfer Table one. Each Pokémon is in a cell with a color background. The meaning of each color is at the bottom of the page, alongside other information regarding evolution mechanics.

I will also make snapshots of the table from time to time in this thread, like the one above.

FAQ&A
    Q: What are your sources?
    A: Some of my sources come from this spreadsheet and from Serebii, but for new findings I try my best to spot new Pokémon from official Pokémon videos. I'm also looking at the official Pokémon websites from all regions and their English and Japanese Twitter accounts. I'm also considering on getting a copy from CoroCoro issues from a friend of mine.

Q: Can I contribute on this?
    A: You can send me a mail requesting to add comments regarding certain Pokémon.
    You may not request to have access to edit the page.

Q: It's not loading!
    A: This table needs to load all the sprites from each Pokémon and execute a couple of scripts to properly display all the information. It might take up to 10 minutes to have it ready depending on your device specifications and your internet setup. Some seemingly false log-outs may occur on unstable connections.

Q: I can't order the Sources list?
    A: If you are on a mobile phone, filtering and ordering is not supported by Google Spreadsheets.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • cool stuff
    Nice work! And amusing timing, as I'm planning on soon publishing a Daily article soon that has a similar coverage in topic. Would you like me to mention/link to your spreadsheet when that's published? You have some stuff not in the article, such as the notes on where the Pokemon have been spotted. (I have a region breakdown, but also do a couple other things like Typing distribution and a quick-and-dirty 'popularity' analysis).

Couple things:
    - I noticed you've put some into the possible category due to requirement of more unusual evolution items or methods (or both), which I suppose is fair enough. What is your opinion on those making/not making it in?
    --- Similiarly, what about ones you have included, e.g. Remoraid? Maybe they would introduce an alternate evolution method for Mantyke, rendering it unnecessary? [FWIW my counting - and I presume Serebii's as well's - differs on these points.]
    - if there's cases of it not loading in 10 minutes, if that is primarily due to the sprites and not other essential scripts, maybe consider a 'lite' version of the spreadsheet which does not require a potentially long time to load up.
    - kudos on the colourblind options. o/

yonicstudios

Game Developer
    Years
  • I'm planning on soon publishing a Daily article soon that has a similar coverage in topic. Would you like me to mention/link to your spreadsheet when that's published?

Sure thing!

- I noticed you've put some into the possible category due to requirement of more unusual evolution items or methods (or both), which I suppose is fair enough. What is your opinion on those making/not making it in?
    --- Similiarly, what about ones you have included, e.g. Remoraid? Maybe they would introduce an alternate evolution method for Mantyke, rendering it unnecessary? [FWIW my counting - and I presume Serebii's as well's - differs on these points.

My initial assumptions aside, my position on any Pokémon making part of the Galar Dex or not is neutral until there is solid information as to confirm its status.
    On that note, the evolutionary chain of a Pokémon in this category (mostly those found exclusively in the overworld) remains as Unknown simply because the requirements for the Possible category are only fulfilled for that single Pokémon.
    I know it may get a bit confusing, but it is possible for an evolution of a Possible Pokémon to never appear nor be mentioned at all.

As for Remoraid and Octillery, I put them as Guaranteed to appear under the assumption that Mantyke's evolution method is in the games because both Pancham and Pangoro have been seen in-game. Since the former evolves to the latter in a similar manner, I'd find it strange not to apply the same rules to Mantyke.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Sure thing!

My initial assumptions aside, my position on any Pokémon making part of the Galar Dex or not is neutral until there is solid information as to confirm its status.
    On that note, the evolutionary chain of a Pokémon in this category (mostly those found exclusively in the overworld) remains as Unknown simply because the requirements for the Possible category are only fulfilled for that single Pokémon.
    I know it may get a bit confusing, but it is possible for an evolution of a Possible Pokémon to never appear nor be mentioned at all.

As for Remoraid and Octillery, I put them as Guaranteed to appear under the assumption that Mantyke's evolution method is in the games because both Pancham and Pangoro have been seen in-game. Since the former evolves to the latter in a similar manner, I'd find it strange not to apply the same rules to Mantyke.
    I suppose the question is, do we know yet if Pancham evolves in the same way as in previous generations? I do doubt that method has changed, but it is possible.

Either way though it's sound reasoning for including it in imo, so good catch there.

(And links were given in the article.) =)

yonicstudios

Game Developer
    Years
  • As I've mentioned before, I'm uploading a snapshot of the table with updates from August 17th to Sirfetch's announcement today.

Some highlights:
    • Most Confirmed Pokémon were previously Guaranteed to appear before this snapshot.
    • All Eevelutions have been confirmed.
    • Cross-generation evolutions have been confirmed.
    • Ditto has been confirmed to appear.

Spoiler:

Also, I've made a Telegram bot (@swordshield_billbot) that will notify you with any changes in the table. You can use this link to add it to any Telegram group you'd like, too. It also has commands so that you can check the transfer status of any Pokémon.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This is unbelievable - I am completely astounded with the effort put into this. We've got some truly talented members on this site. :')

Well done, yonicstudios. You definitely earned the biggest internet pat on the back. I'll be sure to reference this regularly!

yonicstudios

Game Developer
    Years
  • Here is the table with updated Pokémon from the Sirfetch'd until the recent Japanese commercial from today.

Highlights of this update:

• Nearly all evolution mechanics are assumed to be available in Sword & Shield (excluding trade items)
    • With almost 250 Pokémon, nearly 1/3 of the National Dex have been confirmed to be transferable.
    • Unova still stays dominant, with nearly 45% of its dex known to be transferable. Hoenn has finally reached 20% of its dex known to be transferable.

Spoiler:

I don't have a living dex, but once the game is released I'll try my best to make a final table with all Pokémon that can be transfered to the games as soon as possible.

Hope they program Lilligant and Milotic, or to a less extent, my boi Bellossom.

I completely forgot about Bellosom! I've just added it in.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Am so grateful to this spreadsheet I totally thought I haven't liked it and I already did so I unliked and liked again hah.
    Good work and this is definitely so appreciated.

Back