• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    LOL any pokemon aye?
    Imagin having a Gian't wailord following you XD

The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread
    HAHAAAA GIANT WAILORD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I like it. It provides a simple interaction with Pokemon and it also makes sure you don't have limits (Any Pokemon can follow you =])

Years
    I'd have a legendary follow me. Either Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Groudon, Giratina, or a Dog. Regigigas, too. They'd all look insanely awkward, which I find quite humorous. I'm also anxious to see if the Pokémon following you appears Shiny, if it IS shiny. I'm thinking it's a yes, due to the Shiny Pichu Event for Ilex Forest.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I wonder how they will assess the water pokemon following you. Having something like Goldeen would look hilarious. Although it would be funny, I don't think I will have a water type pokemon that lives in pure water following me. I will have either my Chikorita, Flareon or Weezing eventually.

Noibat

Years
    haha a goldeen flailing around on land. what a site ne? I'm going to have my Clefable follow me. as it is my absolute favorite =3

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
    I'll be travelling with my trusty Elekid or Sneasal :D And eventually, Electivire or Weavile :D

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    I can't wait to have Miyabi follow me around everywhere! :3

(BTW, Miyabi is the name of my Gardevoir).

soramararu

Warrior of the Sky
    Years
    I wonder what the giant pokemon like wailord would look like. I don't think they would make him big but make him smaller, but a little bigger than the other pokemon. I wonder what Gallade would look like as a following pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    For the lulz? I want a Wailord following me, and a Magikarp flopping behind me. :P

But in reality, when I don't have those Pokemon for the lulz, it'll probably by my Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr, and then... whoever ends up on my team. Which... has yet to be determined. xD;

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The whole concept with having the choice of any Pokémon following you is a nice addition. I mean it works as a great benefit seeing as we are given certain items for a certain amount of steps I would say. So, it isn't like it'll be much of a waste nor hassle seeing as it is only one partner tagging behind you. Not to mention, at least you are rewarded with something in return and it'll be a great help with raising the happiness level of your Pokémon. Also, whether it be an option or not, at least those who may not enjoy the idea of it can still have their basic favorite tag along beside or behind them. For me, I'll have a couple of Pokémon being switched around, some because they are my favorites and some for the laugh or fun of the feature. My overall number one who might be outside of its Pokéball though, may include Electivire as it isn't too small and it isn't oversized, so I think its OW sprite will turn out quite well for a Pokémon to tag along with me while I travel around Johto and possibly Kanto since ten years.

Years
    Judging by the PCP cutscene, it appears that shininess is preserved for the Pokémon following you this time (unlike Amity Square), so I'll probably bring along some of my shinies for added style. ^o^ *pictures disco Seviper inchworming along*

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    i still am dying to know if it is optional or not, and also if its the first pokemon in your party that follows you, or you can just have any of them follow

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i still am dying to know if it is optional or not, and also if its the first pokemon in your party that follows you, or you can just have any of them follow

I believe I answered your question a few pages back, however you might have missed it. Anyway, I'll say it again, the possibility of the feature being optional is quite understandable, however it isn't known whether it'll be so or not. We'll need extra information and details about it within now and prior to the release of the game. So, with this being said it is basically a matter of wait and see. As for your second question, it is already known that the first Pokémon in your party will be the one out and following, not any of the others. So, all 493 Pokémon can follow you, but it'll always be the first in your party. I believe they did this because it is easier to format within the game and less of a hassle as well.

Noibat

Years

it's any. the screen caps they've shown so far had Gold walking around with Steelix & wobbuffet.

Back