• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
Years
  • How will they be able to follow you while Surfing? Sit on your head? Also what if the Pokemon following you is the Pokemon your surfing on, that would be kind of strange.

It has been pretty much confirmed that they do not follow you when surfing. Check out the pictures from Lake of Rage.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I usually pick the Fire pokemon to be my starter, so I really hope the Cyndaquil following me looks NOTHING like the Mystery Dungeon one.
    Wow, I hated the way it walked..

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • What would Pokemon like Magikarp, Cloyster and Giratina appear when they follow you? Giratina Origin Forme takes up a fifth of the screen, Magikarp can't walk, and Cloyster has no legs.

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    If you've seen the scans when Steelix is following you, they make it almost the same size as the player.

I guess Magiikarp Could just flop around.

What I do is just think of how Pokemon moved in mystery dungeon, and base it off that! :)

Last edited:

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
  • A screenshot showed an Arceus following you. And a Steelix. Not at the same time though. Magikarp will be farfetch'ding hilarious! And Rayquaza...That'll have some people pondering where the door is!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • It has been confirmed via gameplay that Arceus and Cynthia have a huge role in game play, allowing Arceus to follow you. Personally I love this idea. I can't wait for my Gardevoir to follow me. :D

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I wonder if the people will interact with you differently depending on the Pokemon following you..?
    Probably not though.
    With like, 493? pokemon, that's a lot of possibilities.

Mormo

Cyndaquil Lover
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    The only ones known to actually affect the game so far is Arceus. Anyways, I would have my Cyndaquil following me the whole time. Unless I have to train some other Pokemon, of course.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Think about the Ruins of Alph. Some of the puzzles probably require you to have a certain Pokémon following you.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    This maybe probably has an impact on the Bill's Grandfather Stone thing on Route 25. Show him a pokemon, you know.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Well I wasn't really liking the while "Pokemon following you" idea, but with this I think it might be pretty fun. I'd probably have my best Pokemon follow me. Whoever it may be. lol. (It changes from game to game I've never had a favorite Pokemon)

Years
  • I'll likely keep my starter following me all the way through. Quick newb question, as I haven't been following HG/SS at all: Can you literally have ANY of the 400-odd Pokemon follow you throughout the game? If you can then I'll likely try my hardest to procure a Ralts from somewhere. :3

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I'll likely keep my starter following me all the way through. Quick newb question, as I haven't been following HG/SS at all: Can you literally have ANY of the 400-odd Pokemon follow you throughout the game? If you can then I'll likely try my hardest to procure a Ralts from somewhere. :3

Yes you can. All 493 pokemon can follow you.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    OMFG I just now fond out about the whole any pokemon following you thing! I'm so glad they did that, since I don't want to only be able to have my starter following me... Now I need these games even more.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years

• well i would like pichu/pikachu/raichu or maybe
    charmander following me :cer_love:

i wonder what would happen to the water/super large pokemon?
    like if they following you..i think it'll look wierd :cer_eek:..
    or maybe funny..like a magicarp flapping around :cer_giggle:...

Back