• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    You can't buy or sell on PC, actually. Sorry. Anyway, I have yet to use my Pokewalker. I'm lazy and really don't want to bother right now...and when I do try, I won't know what to do since it's all in Japanese.

I have put together a little guide for using the PokeWalker if it would help you at all :P --> PokeWalker Guide

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it or not, but copy and pasting (and keeping it looking at least somewhat neat and organized) usually ends up taking too much time :( Hope it helps though :)

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I'm excited to use the Pokewalker, I heard it's the only way to obtain a Kecleon on the game.
    Just so I know for when I start playing, is a Kecleon hard to get in the Pokewalker?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I'm excited to use the Pokewalker, I heard it's the only way to obtain a Kecleon on the game.
    Just so I know for when I start playing, is a Kecleon hard to get in the Pokewalker?

It's harder to unlock the course that has Kecleon in it than actually catching it :P

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I need to unlock more courses, I havent been using my Pokewalker for some time now since i caught a flying pikachu, and since i beat HG, and caught all the legends except for Rayquaza, and Groudan(I think thats how you spell it). But yeah Imma get Soul Silver next month and be more active to the Pokewalker again

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I've only used my Pokéwalker once so far.
    It seems pretty fun.
    I caught myself a Nidoran (F)..
    Nothing really special.
    I might use it a bit more after I beat red.
    Especially since I intend to complete my Dex on SS.

ソラ

Years
    I might end up using it today, I dont know which course im going to use.
    and I dont know what Pokemon Imma use

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    This seems something to stimulate trainers . I wonder if this would make any difference in the increment of stats etc ?

Hombrejoe

Breeder
    Years
    Learning moves on the pokewalker

Ok, so i read that your pokemon inside the pokewalker will not be able to advance more than one level (so that's not useful for training the pokemon, but you could use your pokemon as goals for yourself to get out and raise your pokemon just one level for excercise everyday, that's what i intend to do.) but what i want to know is what happens when if the pokemon is at one level away from learning a move, and it grows that level in the pokewalker, does it just postpone learning it until it goes back to the game? or does it just learn the move and erase the first move like it does in the Breeding Park thing...

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Ok, so i read that your pokemon inside the pokewalker will not be able to advance more than one level (so that's not useful for training the pokemon, but you could use your pokemon as goals for yourself to get out and raise your pokemon just one level for excercise everyday, that's what i intend to do.) but what i want to know is what happens when if the pokemon is at one level away from learning a move, and it grows that level in the pokewalker, does it just postpone learning it until it goes back to the game? or does it just learn the move and erase the first move like it does in the Breeding Park thing...

It just doesn't learn the move :(

Hombrejoe

Breeder
    Years
    POkewalker details

ugh! that's awful! so you gotta keep your eye on that...like a bad babysitter...that sucks. THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME! totally saved me a pissed off moment. My Soul Silver should be arriving today, so i'm trying to brush up on all the info i can get. any other warnings? WHAT ABOUT EVOLUTION?! DOES IT SKIP THAT TOO!? :(

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    ugh! that's awful! so you gotta keep your eye on that...like a bad babysitter...that sucks. THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME! totally saved me a pissed off moment. My Soul Silver should be arriving today, so i'm trying to brush up on all the info i can get. any other warnings? WHAT ABOUT EVOLUTION?! DOES IT SKIP THAT TOO!? :(

yep, they won't evolve either :( you just have to make sure you keep track of the levels and stuff until you have everything on your Pokemon that you want :p

Hombrejoe

Breeder
    Years
    aw. then it really is just a little car for pokemon. helps them travel in a more compact way. still awesome tho. :) my SS should arrive today! it's stuck in customs, god i hate customs! it's like a half hour away from me right now and they are going to hold it for a couple more hours. boooo.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It's a Japanese WiFi event. You have to download it via Mystery Gift and Nintendo WiFi to activate it. (Not sure if it's still running though...)
    The Japanese Wi-Fi event for the Yellow Field Forest on the PokéWalker is still up and ends on the 10th of November.

ソラ

Years
    Since i got Soul Silver, I've been using both my Pokewalker. I love it, and I get good exercise with it ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back