• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    After reading the Japanese wiki, Pokewalker doesn't seem like an optimal method for leveling for two reasons:

1. EXP = how many steps you take. Depending on your lifestyle and Pokemon in the Walker, it may be to much work for you :p

2. The Pokemon can only go up by one level once in the Walker. If it does level up once, all other EXP gained afterwards is not counted.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Hey, I was wondering like how they have watts in the DS from transfering back your pokemon, can you get those watts back into your pokewalker?

ソラ

Years
    aww well thanks for the info. haha But other than that. I love the pokewalker. But catching a special Pika is hard for me, can't find any flying ones. -o-;; oh well. Im not gonna quit. lol

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    aww well thanks for the info. haha But other than that. I love the pokewalker. But catching a special Pika is hard for me, can't find any flying ones. -o-;; oh well. Im not gonna quit. lol
    You'll know when you catch the Flying Pikachu, because the exclamation marks that appear before the encounter signify how rare the Pokémon may be. So, if you encounter a Pikachu with !!!, then you'll know if it is the Flying Pikachu because it was marked rarer than the rest. Good luck though, the PokéWalker can be a pretty neat addition to HeartGold and SoulSilver, I agree.

ソラ

Years
    You'll know when you catch the Flying Pikachu, because the exclamation marks that appear before the encounter signify how rare the Pokémon may be. So, if you encounter a Pikachu with !!!, then you'll know if it is the Flying Pikachu because it was marked rarer than the rest. Good luck though, the PokéWalker can be a pretty neat addition to HeartGold and SoulSilver, I agree.
    WOW, thanks for the info! ^^.
    Imma keep trying. :]

Years
    I finally caught a flying Pikachu yesterday. Needless to say, I celebrated.

But yeah, I use my PokéWalker non-stop. I get lots of watts from walking around campus and the city. I usually like to take the Pokémon that I have in there out once I have over 100 watts, and leave it empty. That way, a Pokémon will just wanter into it, thus free Pokémon (without having to try and catch it). I also don't know why, but when I traded over my Nintendo Zone Jirachi, the PokéWalker course didn't register immediately. I had to send Jirachi to the PokéWalker twice in order for it to unlock. Wierd.

At first, I thought it would be really hard t use, because it's all in Japanese, but it is surprisingly easy.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Did the Pikachu have Surf and the 2 special Eggmoves as well?

Also, it has been released that the newest Pokewalker course, Champ Path, will be released in a non-wifi event and will have these Pokemon:
    Munchlax with Selfdestruct
    Bronzor with Trick Room
    Horsea with Muddy Water
    Magikarp with Bounce
    Beldum with Zen Headbutt

They can all already learn those moves, with the exception of Munchlax, and Snorlax can learn Selfdestruct via the XD Tutor, but it's still cool nonetheless.

ソラ

Years
    I finally caught a flying Pikachu yesterday. Needless to say, I celebrated.

But yeah, I use my PokéWalker non-stop. I get lots of watts from walking around campus and the city. I usually like to take the Pokémon that I have in there out once I have over 100 watts, and leave it empty. That way, a Pokémon will just wanter into it, thus free Pokémon (without having to try and catch it). I also don't know why, but when I traded over my Nintendo Zone Jirachi, the PokéWalker course didn't register immediately. I had to send Jirachi to the PokéWalker twice in order for it to unlock. Wierd.

At first, I thought it would be really hard t use, because it's all in Japanese, but it is surprisingly easy.
    Dang, I still havent got a flying Pika yet. Im still trying to get one. I cant get it to do the !!!, its goes to !!... any advice?

Years
    Dang, I still havent got a flying Pika yet. Im still trying to get one. I cant get it to do the !!!, its goes to !!... any advice?

The only advice I can give is to be persistent. Just talk a walk around the block to build up about 100 watts, and then go hunting. You could also try shaking it, but the sensor doesn't cheat as easily as the one in Pokémon Pikachu.

@Ellie: I can't remember, I traded it over to my Platinum version and traded it for a Deoxys over GTS. I think it only knew fly, though.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Haha I really like the PokeWalker... I could even raise my Pokemon in the middle of a school day! Heh, it's pretty handy. Guess many gamers tend to be couch potatoes, so it could be the creators telling us to get some excercise? Probably so, but anyway I like the idea of PokeWalker. I already caught a Pokemon using it!

ソラ

Years
    The only advice I can give is to be persistent. Just talk a walk around the block to build up about 100 watts, and then go hunting. You could also try shaking it, but the sensor doesn't cheat as easily as the one in Pokémon Pikachu.

@Ellie: I can't remember, I traded it over to my Platinum version and traded it for a Deoxys over GTS. I think it only knew fly, though.
    Well what i meant is how do you get the "!!!" to show. it never shows up for me Dx

Years
    Like I said, persistence is key. There is no definite way of making it appear, it just does so randomly.

Just caught a Clefairy at Edge of the Night's Sky. That one took a while to find, too.

ソラ

Years
    Like I said, persistence is key. There is no definite way of making it appear, it just does so randomly.

Just caught a Clefairy at Edge of the Night's Sky. That one took a while to find, too.
    Yeah I know. But it just i can't get to the !!!, only the ! the second ! or the !!.

I caught a flying Pikachu yesterday, and Found out this morning when I put my Pikachu back into my HG, and I guess I got that flying Pikachu(Without Surf & Volt Tackle) Only flying by getting this "!!" only 2. wow that did surprise me.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Yeah I know. But it just i can't get to the !!!, only the ! the second ! or the !!.

I caught a flying Pikachu yesterday, and Found out this morning when I put my Pikachu back into my HG, and I guess I got that flying Pikachu(Without Surf & Volt Tackle) Only flying by getting this "!!" only 2. wow that did surprise me.

If that is so, then when you do eventually get the three exclamation marks (!!!), then it'll bring up the Pikachu that knows both Surf and Fly together rather than one of the exclusive moves, such as Fly alone.

As for the upcoming PokéWalker events with Munchlax and the rest, I read up on that ealier this week on Serebii. I find it a neat idea, and a Snorlax with Explosion can be very helpful for a Suicide in comptitive play.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    As for the upcoming PokéWalker events with Munchlax and the rest, I read up on that ealier this week on Serebii. I find it a neat idea, and a Snorlax with Explosion can be very helpful for a Suicide in comptitive play.
    lol, exactly as it says on the website :p
    "Pokemon and moves used by expert trainers in competitive battles!"

Problem is, you get the course at the event now, or wait until January next year when the course is up for general downloading.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    lol, exactly as it says on the website :p
    "Pokemon and moves used by expert trainers in competitive battles!"

Problem is, you get the course at the event now, or wait until January next year when the course is up for general downloading.
    The event held now on the PokéWalker though is for the Japanese version. If the English version of HeartGold and SoulSilver include the PokéWalker as it did for the Japanese version, then it would be known that the United States will have its own held event for the PokéWalker as well.

Also, most new exclusive moves coming with Pokémon now are being more so based on Competitive play.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You can't buy or sell on PC, actually. Sorry. Anyway, I have yet to use my Pokewalker. I'm lazy and really don't want to bother right now...and when I do try, I won't know what to do since it's all in Japanese.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back