• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Discuss the Pokewalker, and Jirachi and how it unlocks the hidden area within it, here.

Yeah, I'm watching guys, and they already said something about the PokéWalker. I'll edit this post if there are any news. Also I recorded a video I'll upload. :3

EDIT: I'm uploading a video of it.

EDIT 2: Also a battle of the Johto and Sinnoh Starters in Pokémon Battle Revolution. I'm uploading a video too.

Higher-quality version of the video here.

Info Page:
    The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • It is real! So then I guess if it does come out the 19th of September I will be right. YESH! Also walking to level up your Pokemon? God dammit gamefreak thats so stupid.

Last edited:

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    It is real! So then I guess if it does come out the 19th of September I will be right. YESH! Also walking to level up your Pokemon? God dammit gamefreak thats so stupid.

It's not stupid! >:o

It's to get lazy people to start exercising more. (Lazy people like my sister)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That thing.. looks like the old Pokemon Pikachu pets, only.. not as amusing.

Then again, that could be because I don't really get what you're supposed to do with it. o.O If it's leveling up your own little Pokemon pet, or anything close to that.. can't you just do that in the actual DS games? -.-

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • In all honesty, that looks quite lame. I've never been a fan of those 'Tamagochi' sorta things, and Pokemons got a few of 'em and yet, they just don't appeal. I guess though, that its for the greater good - to get them couch potatoes off the couch and into the potato garden!!! :D

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • I hate you for this xD I'm the one that's suppose to give updates xD I don't really get it
    the leveling up part....

As you walk around with it, it counts the steps that you have walked, and it gains experience based on how many steps you have taken. Once it gets enough experience it levels up, just like in the daycare. The good thing that is it also gains happiness as you walk :)

On another note, I wouldn't say it's pointless because you can just throw it into your bag or something so that you can level it up without even trying :P I think it's a really good idea :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wow, this is impressive, we finally get actual new information rather than an overcap of the CoroCoro Scans. I've got to say it is a really nice additon and definitely going back to the older days. It is great that it allows us to level up the Pokémon and gain extra happiness as well. These two things are a really great plus for the players. It actually is a great thing for those who are lazy, need exercise, and those who hate training or raising the happiness level of their Pokémon. It is actually a great item for Eevee, Riolu, and a few other popular pre-evolution Pokémon that need to evolve through its happy factor. I was reading up on this more though, and it is currently unknown if the PokéWalk will be shipped out of Japan, so we'll have to wait and see what happens with that.

You know what though, because it is used to raise the levels of Pokémon faster without having to train, I wonder if this is a good hint that they'll be raising the levels of Gyms, Elites, Trainers, etc. in the game. I mean if you really think about it, there are a lot of people who like to rush through the game being underleveled, but if the trainers and such in the game are higher than the originals, then maybe it is really supposed to help these people be ready for it all. I don't know, but that's just a thought that came to mind.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Geez, finally! So, if this Pokewalk thing comes out, I wonder if it applies only to certain pokemon or all the pokemon on your team? If it's the latter, it would certainly be a pretty stupid decision seeing as it would deny the whole purpose of level grinding. Unless, like Flash said, they raise the levels of Trainers, Gym Leaders, and Elite Four, which would make sense. But if they do, how would Kanto work out, I wonder? Hm...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hum de dum... who likes links to higher-quality versions of the video? For there's one right here.

And who likes copying and pasting?
    Back when the original games came out, an alternate peripheral came, the Pocket Pikachu 2 Virtual Pet game. This game linked up to Gold & Silver to give you various items through the original Mystery Gift feature. Now, ten years later, a new device, a pedometre called PokéWalk, has been announced and was shown here. It is said that this device can link up with the DS and with Heart Gold & Soul Silver in order to allow you to put a Pokémon on it from the game and it will gain experience as well as happiness.
    That appears to be essentially it. eems basically a side-gadget that works in conjuction with HG/SS - I remember having something similar to it, only it didn't link with the games (called a 'Pokemon Pikachu' or something like that?). Also involved walking to make it happier or something like that.

One does wonder if it'll come out in countires other than Japan... apparently, this seemingly will come with the game as well, so maybe it will. I wouldn't quite try and draw exact release dates out of this just yet though... =/

Years
  • I kinda hope it comes out in the US/PAL. I like the idea of it, this way you can multitask and it removes the tedious task of leveling up.

Years
  • Thank you both for posting the video. :)

That gadget looks pretty nice. I would like to have one of those. (As long as it's no more than $5.) I would like for it to come out in America as well. Ooh! I just had a thought, what if it came as your free Pre-order gift? (I'm probably wrong, but it's a possibility.)

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • HURRAY!!!!!
    Pocket pikachu is back.
    I used to love that virtual pet.
    I would walk around with it.
    Get in trouble for the rattling noise it make.
    Feel guilty after not walking it for a few days and it being angry at me.
    Not to mention believing that it would evolve if I got it to 10000 walts.
    Unfortuanlly all walts get you are items in gold and silver and I had nether at the time.

Still, it's nostalgic.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • im not really a fan of the whole pocket thing i guess i just want them to show us info on the game not stuff like this. but on the other hand it would probably solve the issue of fat little kids sitting on the couch all day playing pokemon now they can get there chunky butts up and be motivated to exercise a bit. "mom im going outside! i gotta make my pikachu stronger!" lol i can see it now

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Hah! That seems really cool!
    In gym, I used to just take the pedometer and shake it a whole bunch, So I'm probably gonna be doing that with this too! :pp

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Geez, finally! So, if this Pokewalk thing comes out, I wonder if it applies only to certain pokemon or all the pokemon on your team? If it's the latter, it would certainly be a pretty stupid decision seeing as it would deny the whole purpose of level grinding. Unless, like Flash said, they raise the levels of Trainers, Gym Leaders, and Elite Four, which would make sense. But if they do, how would Kanto work out, I wonder? Hm...

That's not what he said at all lol
    Also, that's a ridiculous idea.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Oh great lol, this seems like a great opportunity for me to bond with my pokemon and level them up by walking around the house.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I want that PokeWalk item. o.o

The Pokemon Pikachu was one of my favorite virtual pets back in the day. Very easy to care for. All you had to do was shake it, not even have to actually walk with it. (Long car rides were full of "clickclickclickclick". XD)

So I'm definitely looking forward to more information about this. Especially if this is going to come to America.

I just really don't quite get how it works. I mean, any Pokemon can be on there? And how does it connect to the game, and... More information is definitely needed.

I remember having something similar to it, only it didn't link with the games (called a 'Pokemon Pikachu' or something like that?). Also involved walking to make it happier or something like that.
    The first Pokemon Pikachu (which had a yellow case) didn't connect with any of the console games. It was the Pokemon Pikachu 2 G/S that connected with G/S/C, where the "watts" one built up on the Pokemon Pikachu could be used in the Mystery Gift to get "rare" gifts.

That's why it's going to be interesting to see what this PokeWalk will do for the game. Also, it's good to see that return.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Only potentially awesome thing that could come out of this is mother's screaming in the media
    "Pokemon promotes taking walks with their demon goat god!"
    Oh I cannot wait for this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back