• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It seems pretty cool, however I don't think I'll be getting one. I'm sure I'll ruin it within the first week as stuff I leave in my pockets gets ruined all the time. :/ However, it does go along with "Pocket Monsters" quite well now. xD

Hey good insight! I didn't pick up on that.

Until these two statements were mentioned, I didn't even think about this concept. The idea of one of our Pokémon being held in a round device allowing us to carry it in our pocket, battling, gaining items, growing levels and happiness, it really does live up to the name as a Pocket Monster.

This is pretty clever thinking, and now it makes me want to get it if released in the States. Still, I don't know as yet, because I'd still like to learn more about it. It sounds pretty cool though and I'm sure many people will find it helpful.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • The game comes with a peripheral? Neat. It reminds me of the wireless adapter that came with FR/LG. This thing could be useful, it makes the idea of evolving through happiness much more appealing.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Nah, I'm sure in America it'll be a preorder thing, as you usually don't get a game with anything unless you preorder it. However, if it is a bundle, I'll probably just give it to someone who wants another or something. :P

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Ugh, this thread is so TL//DR
    I'm guessing, hoping really, that this will not activate when your DS is closed. That would totally take the fun out of all of it.
    Secondly, I think it would be awesome if by raising these, they were still your Pokés, but if they went past the level cap for how many badges you have they would disobey you. I dunno, just as an incentive for people to still want to play the game.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • It is real! So then I guess if it does come out the 19th of September I will be right. YESH! Also walking to level up your Pokemon? God dammit gamefreak thats so stupid.

Then don't use it! No one's forcing ya to use it.

Anyway, they probably included that little accessory because of the growing problem of obesity and laziness. It would be even more interesting if they gave each person a personality test and assigned a pokemon that would fit their character. For example a really lazy person who doesn' t exercise a whole lot would be paired with Slakoth. Come to think of it, ter.it would be more appros than they ever imagined. The lazy gamer would walk around a lot with their little Slakoth in their Pokewalker diligently leveling up so it could evolve into Vigoroth, then do the same thing until it evolved into Slaking, and then after that Slaking got to level 100, put the thing back into their PC, never look at it again, and go back to being the lazy couch potato they've always been until find something else to level up. Wash lather repeat.

Sorry... I just had to get that out. I think this would be really useful for those hard to level up Pokemon such as Dratini.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Then don't use it! No one's forcing ya to use it.

Anyway, they probably included that little accessory because of the growing problem of obesity and laziness. It would be even more interesting if they gave each person a personality test and assigned a pokemon that would fit their character. For example a really lazy person who doesn' t exercise a whole lot would be paired with Slakoth. Come to think of it, ter.it would be more appros than they ever imagined. The lazy gamer would walk around a lot with their little Slakoth in their Pokewalker diligently leveling up so it could evolve into Vigoroth, then do the same thing until it evolved into Slaking, and then after that Slaking got to level 100, put the thing back into their PC, never look at it again, and go back to being the lazy couch potato they've always been until find something else to level up. Wash lather repeat.

Sorry... I just had to get that out. I think this would be really useful for those hard to level up Pokemon such as Dratini.

Well, basically there isn't a personlity test to assign you a certain Pokémon. It allows us to transfer a Pokémon from our HeartGold or SoulSilver game so that we can easily level it up while getting in some exercise. However, you are correct, it'll be very beneficial for raising hard-to-level up Pokémon. Especially those that are hatched through eggs, because they take more time to level up than that captured in the wild.

I cannot help but think the high popularity of the Wii is what influenced the game to be bundled with the PokéWalk. It is a nice inclusion, and some may understand the conept of it, while others may not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Okay when you walk around, and level that Pokémon up will it evolve on the Pokéwalk? And what if us lazy people just sit there, and shake the Pokéwalk defeating the purpose.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Then don't use it! No one's forcing ya to use it.

I think it unlikely that a thing like that would be included, it's basically an accessory to transfer any Pokemon you like into it, though interesting idea nonetheless.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
  • As one of the laziest bums in the history of the planet, this product saddens me greatly.

Maybe I can figure out how to...bounce it in my hand or something to make it work without having to actually GET UP or some silly thing like that.

Years
  • Ahaha, I bet you they did this so that kids get more exercise and so that they'll get good press from moms and doctors and whatever. I mean, I'd walk around with this thing if it means training my Pokemon D:

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • I think it unlikely that a thing like that would be included, it's basically an accessory to transfer any Pokemon you like into it, though interesting idea nonetheless.

Heh. Well, the personality test and the assigned Pokemon idea was mostly a joke. It would be a little too hard to match 450-ish pokemon with different personalities and there would be no reason to do it. I was just pointing out how even though it's designed for gamers, particularly the ones who are kids, to be more active, I suspect that it wouldn't be a permanent solution. I hate to say this but I think some people are just born lazy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Jirachi and the edge of night sky

Hey! Don't think theres a topic about this...

I just downloaded Jirachi on my jap diamond! Who else got Jirachi? I think it's awesome how I only heard about him from a corocoro scan a few weeks back and I got it now...

He was one of the last 5 I needed to complete my dex too ^^;

And about the 'Edge of night sky' course, we can speculate on what might be there...what kind of wild pokemon/items you can find there.

Hopefully something cool like cresselia? but we'll probably end up with like wild clefairy...

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Maybe there will be a new key item which will unlock a new area of Johto or Kanto...?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Edge of the Night Sky is a Wi-Fi exclusive area to be used with the Pokemon Pedeometer, this was confirmed in the Pokemon Sunday show last week. It is just off to the side of the National Park.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I know it's for the pedometer but still there must be special wild pokemon there...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back