• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I having some sleeping issues. I can't sleep properly. : (

Any tips, suggestions?

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
    Man, I really dunno how to describe this. Sooo... here I go.

@Blackberry: I just tend to just think about what i have planned to do for a while, I just relax and let my imagination or whatever take me where it wants me to go. It probably sounds a bit childish, but it works for me.

Alright I hope this makes sense to y'all:

Now normally, I am a pretty solitary person, I never complain about being alone, I like it just as much as being with others. However, lately, when I should be feeling just fine, all of a sudden I feel, dare I say, lonesome. I really don't know if anything coulda caused it, I mean I haven't shifted the time spent with friends/without friends balance. I'm 99% sure it isn't because of puberty or anything because it just started yesterday when I've been just fine since i turned twelve 11 months ago. I'm just confused and my parents are gone from the country for a while and Im home with my sister. Who; lets just face it, sisters don't make good parents substitutes, soo, I hope I can get this sorted out quickly, I'm a little scared it will affect my performance at school and baseball.

Sorry if you didn't understand,I just don't know how to type it better.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I having some sleeping issues. I can't sleep properly. : (

Any tips, suggestions?

Welcome fellow insomniac! I had this problem during my last 3 years of high school due to a combination of stress and a hyperactive mind. Here are the solutions I used. The are somewhat cliched, but the do work:

• Avoid caffeinated drinks (coffee, tea, coca-cola etc.) after 7pm, or 5pm if you are really bad.
    • Have a milky drink with you when you go to bed. Warm milk, hot chocolate, whatever. Horlicks and Ovaltine are especially good but I'm not sure if they have those in the USA. They are malted milk drinks. Ovaltine tastes much nicer but Horlicks is more effective.You can get chocolate variations of them that taste just like hot chocolate if you don't like malted milk drinks.
    • Drink plenty of water and eat a snack before going to bed. You are more likely to get to sleep if you are not plagued by hunger and thirst. Cheese is especially good as it contains milk. It s a myth that cheese causes nightmares and it actually contains endorphins which make you more relaxed.
    • Avoid using sleeping pills. They make you groggy when you get up, if you manage to get up at all. Furthermore, the put your body's natural ability to get to sleep out of sync.
    • Have a bath before bed. It really helps. Use de-stressing bubble bath with scents like lavender or aloe vera. Screw the envirnoment!
    • Try some aromatherapy. A little lavender spread on your pillow will go a long long way. Don't over do it, or you'll feel groggy in the morning and the overpowering scent could give you a headache.
    • Buy a help-you-sleep CD and play it in your CD player or iPod speakers. I know it seems New Age and everything but it does work.
    I hope I've helped a little. :cer_smile:

Alright I hope this makes sense to y'all:

Now normally, I am a pretty solitary person, I never complain about being alone, I like it just as much as being with others. However, lately, when I should be feeling just fine, all of a sudden I feel, dare I say, lonesome. I really don't know if anything coulda caused it, I mean I haven't shifted the time spent with friends/without friends balance. I'm 99% sure it isn't because of puberty or anything because it just started yesterday when I've been just fine since i turned twelve 11 months ago. I'm just confused and my parents are gone from the country for a while and Im home with my sister. Who; lets just face it, sisters don't make good parents substitutes, soo, I hope I can get this sorted out quickly, I'm a little scared it will affect my performance at school and baseball.

Sorry if you didn't understand,I just don't know how to type it better.

Just try to spend more time with your friends than normal until your parents get back. Do something like go to the cinema or your local theme park with them just to keep your mind at ease. You still have your alone time late at evening for you to reflect, while still remaining sociable and defeating your feelings of loneliness.

If it just started yesterday then I'm sure this is just a fleeting emotion and you'll soon be back to your usual self. I personally think you just miss your parents. They can be naggy and annoying but in the end we all do feel lonely when their not there. The house must feel empty without them and that is why you feel so lonely.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Okay, here we gooo:
    (WARNING, MAY BE TL;DR)
    Spoiler:

TL;DR: Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy keeps trying. Boy gets chance. Boy feels good. Girl flirts with boy. Girl starts talking to other boy, and first boy less. Boy is confused. Boy writes 7 paragraphs in more detail about this problem, and asks for help.

Last edited:

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Just confess to her, that's all you need to do. And if she doesn't feel the same way back for you and rejects you, then just move on.
    So, basically.
    Sit down, have a long talk about how I've had feelings for her on some level since 8th grade and basically just say everything I typed up there, yes?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    @xJordan360: Simply..yes.

My problem.
    When I go to bed, I think about the issues I'm having and worry about the future.
    Because of that, I can't get to sleep even after 1-2 hours. I end up having headaches.
    Any suggestions?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    That used to happen to me. Just wright everything you are worried about on a piece of paper and then let your mind rest. (that's what I did)

Years
    My problem.
    When I go to bed, I think about the issues I'm having and worry about the future.
    Because of that, I can't get to sleep even after 1-2 hours. I end up having headaches.
    Any suggestions?
    Spend a little time in your day working toward whatever it is you're worried about. You might feel more in control of your future so you won't worry as much and can sleep easier.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Please help me

Well i have a girlfriend and we are about to give our first kiss and i really want to but i just tend to get so nervous and well it makes it harder to give it to her so what should i do so i could give it to her.

Please PM/VM me

Years
    I'm getting really mad over the smallest things [even if someone mentions something I dislike, I go on a ranting rampage.] And afterwards, I get depressed and start hating myself. It has been going on for months, actually. I'm generally not interested in anything anymore or feel like getting out of bed 99% of the time.

Sorry if that's not enough, but I don't want to hog the thread with a TL;DR.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    See a family physician in this case. It is your best bet.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Please help me

Well i have a girlfriend and we are about to give our first kiss and i really want to but i just tend to get so nervous and well it makes it harder to give it to her so what should i do so i could give it to her.

Please PM/VM me

well if she's your "girlfriend" then there really isn't anything to be nervous about. she's not going to laugh at you for messing up, she might giggle if you miss or something but in a cute way probably. If you really are having a problem trying reaching out and holding onto her like touch her face with your hands that way it'll feel more like a commitment and you are least likely to stop.

Years
    See a family physician in this case. It is your best bet.

Was that towards me by any chance?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    well if she's your "girlfriend" then there really isn't anything to be nervous about. she's not going to laugh at you for messing up, she might giggle if you miss or something but in a cute way probably. If you really are having a problem trying reaching out and holding onto her like touch her face with your hands that way it'll feel more like a commitment and you are least likely to stop.
    hey thanks for your advice

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Was that towards me by any chance?

Spoiler:

Then perhaps some natural therapy? :3 If nothing is working you should still try to get the help you need.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back