• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Have you said to her how she's making you feel? Some people can be incredibly insensitive without realizing it and its amazing how many problems can be solved by just laying the cards on the table. If she does know and she's doing this anyway, I'd reccomend that you move on. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll never getting anywhere going: "My friend is a cow who's much prettier than me" The second part of which, to be honest, I don't believe anyway.
    I told her more than once, over the period of months. She just goes all emo and refuses to talk to me if I don't apoligize, even though I shouldn't. She either does that or pouts in the living room and my mom notices and gets mad at me about it. She says I have that she wants but she never mentions it to me because that's whining, which basically is calling me a whiny bya the odd thing is she wants my willingness to speak my mind. She even put religion in before and said she was sure she would get raptured or go to heaven or whatever but wasn't sure about me because I think about sex and speak my mind to much. I find that very hypocritical because she talks about wanting to kill people and how. I seriously cannot get to her without her having a internal tantrum. I for one think she should be kissing my ass for letting her live with me due to her family and helping her sort through her gf troubles.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    My self-esteem sucks, my friend that is staying with me isn't helping it one bit either, she is tall, blond, has very sharp features unlike my flat pancake face. Not only does she look nice she acts all nice and flirty to guys, when my guy friend asked me out she said he only asked me out to get closer to her and if a guy talks to me she says I shouldn't talk to them then gets all up on them and acts all boo hoo my childhood was so horrible excuse. She even used to deep throat bananas at lunch to impress the boys. She makes friends by using the "my life is so horrible" guilt trip. Not only that but she brags about her grades and stuff to my mom, while I am failing geometry and am not that smart. She is good at drawing, she is athletic, and she makes good grades. I feel like total **** compared to her. She even has the nerve to say I look slutty in the clothes I wear even though she is the one viciously flirting with guys. Everyone tells me to stop being her friend and to kick her out, but I can't.
    All come on, everyone feels low down about something. Everyone always worried about a certain part on there body (don't think dirty). You know there are people that look amazing too me, but they still feel like there body features are not good enough. You know what they do? Get plastic surgery, and later, they will complain about their bodies again. ._. And remember, no one is perfect at anything, well, there is the 2 + 2 question... Don't compare your self to other people to stress yourself out. I had to learn that the hard way. I bet this will happen one day... if you show something that you are good at in front of the ones that you're jealous of, they will get more jealous of you then you are at them. So don't let that athletic girl ruin your life. You will get over it later, trust me.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    1. Your self-esteem sucks because you let it be that way.
    2. You didn't choose to be ugly. Just deal with it and pronounce your good features.
    3. Your "friend" sounds like a psychopathic nymphomaniac in the making.
    4. She sounds like a dirty whore.
    5. It's your fault you're failing. Do better in school.
    6. Practice drawing, play sports, and make good grades.
    7. You feel like **** compared to her because you compare yourself to her. Whenever you do that, just say "at least I'm not a dirty whore," and you'll be all good.
    8. Again, she's a psychotic nymphomaniac in the making, her opinion doesn't matter.
    9. Listen to everyone. She's just bringing you down. Kick her out YESTERDAY.

kthxbai
    Lol she is the total opposite of a nympho she is almost a-sexual. I asked her why she acts like a slut and she said it's because it's fun to seduce guys then tell them they can't have it. It came back to bite her on the ass this one guy really liked her and she basically told him her whole sob story and flirted with him but he asked her out numerous times and she kept saying no. Now she likes him and he won't have anything to do with her, when he says hi to me she yells at me about it and tries to talk to him and he just walks away. I am pretty sure I don't have any features to flaunt, thier is nothing really all that special about me. My mom won't let me kick her out.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    Lol she is the total opposite of a nympho she is almost a-sexual. I asked her why she acts like a slut and she said it's because it's fun to seduce guys then tell them they can't have it. It came back to bite her on the ass this one guy really liked her and she basically told him her whole sob story and flirted with him but he asked her out numerous times and she kept saying no. Now she likes him and he won't have anything to do with her, when he says hi to me she yells at me about it and tries to talk to him and he just walks away. I am pretty sure I don't have any features to flaunt, thier is nothing really all that special about me. My mom won't let me kick her out.

You don't have to physically kick her out. To you, she should just be a small obstacle in your life. Do what you would do if there was a chair in your way; push it aside. Even if she has to stay in the same house as you, just block her out mentally. If she says something, just ignore it. You won't be jealous and disgusted by her anymore because to you, she's not there. And everyone except for the occasional queer thinks of themself as ugly; I always thought I was, but I've been told otherwise by a lot of people. And I've seen your picture before, you're not ugly at all.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Oh, I said she was a nympho in the making.
    I don't know she went from having numorous kissing randomness in elementry to various bfs, to a gf, to not wanting anything and finding sexuality disgusting unless yaoi, she is a fangirly over that.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Okay. So like, for the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to sleep at all. I'm not sure if it is insomnia or what. I saw something scary and ever since, I haven't slept right. I'm afraid of sleeping alone in my room even though I have my night lights and television on. I really need to get some sleep. I've tried everything.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Okay. So like, for the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to sleep at all. I'm not sure if it is insomnia or what. I saw something scary and ever since, I haven't slept right. I'm afraid of sleeping alone in my room even though I have my night lights and television on. I really need to get some sleep. I've tried everything.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

What sort of movie was it? More specifically, what sort of antagonist (Dracula, zombies, aliens, etc.)?

One of the best things to settle yourself is to prove how illogical the movie is. I used to personally have such a crippling fear of zombie invasions I couldn't sleep (or go outside at night, etc., etc.). Then I sat down and started analyzing all the points that made zombies ridiculous. Such as how there could never be a widespread zombie apocalypse as they'd simply be too busy eating each other (seriously, why don't they in the movies?).

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years

What sort of movie was it? More specifically, what sort of antagonist (Dracula, zombies, aliens, etc.)?

One of the best things to settle yourself is to prove how illogical the movie is. I used to personally have such a crippling fear of zombie invasions I couldn't sleep (or go outside at night, etc., etc.). Then I sat down and started analyzing all the points that made zombies ridiculous. Such as how there could never be a widespread zombie apocalypse as they'd simply be too busy eating each other (seriously, why don't they in the movies?).

Well, it was this Vocaloid parody of Super Smash Bros. Brawl characters in which Ness cuts off the characters arms and plants them in a garden. Another video was Alice Human Sacrifice in which the characters meet their doom in Wonderland. I also was working on a report and I came across upsetting pictures of inmates during the Holocaust. I know these things are silly, but I'm scared of them.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Vanilla Kitsune, the best way to not be scared is to point out the impossibilities in what's scaring you.
    You do know that Ness isn't real, right? Besides, he's a kid with "psychic powers", not a knife. And, he plants them in a garden? Just "What the heck/ll?". What? Does he think he'll grow more characters if he plants them? Anyways, I've never watched Alice Human Sacrifice, but you do need to sit down and just think about how crazy/stupid/insane it would be if that were to happen to the characters.
    Also, the holocaust was caused by the insane dictator of Germany during the 1940's, so it's not going to happen again. I would suggest thinking about how stupid Hitler, ^ that guy, the 1940's German dictator, was when he tried to do that. No one is going to cause another holocaust, at least not in your lifetime.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    A good way to get rid of that fear is to lock yourself into a closet with a plusie of Ness, Alice in Wonderland charaters, and Hitler.

If after 5 minute you last in there, you are not scared of them.

I am freaking serious. It works on the human mind that you just simply realized "WTF those phobias were stupid" if you can do that ;).

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    Fear is not something you're born with, it's something you create. Therefore, anything you create, you can take back. Just do something similar to what Godot said and just get your mind to realize that these things are not scary. I used to be scared of doing a front flip (noobish, I know). But one day, I eventually just said "Screw it, I'm doing a flip" and I pretty much just ran and jumped, spinned forward and landed on my back. But once I experianced the basic concept, I wasn't scared of flipping anymore, because my brain realized that flipping isn't scary.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    Ok and? It's not like they can look through your emails.

Besides, most of the time they just open your message and read your essay. They have so many entries that they probably won't be looking at the name.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    My printer is really annoying me right now!! First of all i messed up most of my printing paper so anything i print and decide to turn in looks messy. then it never prints on both sides like i tell it too.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Well, it was this Vocaloid parody of Super Smash Bros. Brawl characters in which Ness cuts off the characters arms and plants them in a garden. Another video was Alice Human Sacrifice in which the characters meet their doom in Wonderland. I also was working on a report and I came across upsetting pictures of inmates during the Holocaust. I know these things are silly, but I'm scared of them.

Pictures like that usually disturb me too ]: Just thinking about them really dampens your mood.

Edit: For some reason the second half of my post didn't go through o_O;

Anyway, you just have to remind yourself that it's all in the past, and there isn't anything you can do about it. Yes horrible things happened to them, but they won't happen to you. Times have change since then, so for the most part you're safe from everything like that :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    A week and a half ago I read a 30 page long thing for my US history class and just found out today (four days before it's due) that it wasn't the one we were supposed to read. Yet the one I read was the one that was there to download a week and a half ago.

!!!

(we also have to write about two pages worth on it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back