• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I disagree. u_u

I think friends can do more good than those fancy pants doctors with their fancy pants notes. u_u

As a society we're more and more distancing ourselves from people who aren't generic human subject a with no issues because we don't feel like we should have to focus on anyone but ourselves. It's just wrong. I mean there are things you should keep to yourself but you shouldn't be afraid to speak about something that's bothering you among friends. :/
    Poor people have to suffice with 'friend advice'.

Internet addiction is hard. Best advice for you: BUY A BIGGER INTERNET CAP!! In America we don't have metered internet :3

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Eh so my problem is I overwaste the computer's internet load and it's a Heavy Habit of mine.
    ATM we have a 10 GB and well I am the only one who uses it as I have no siblings and my dad doesn't use it at all while my mum uses it for email which is Rare.
    Usually I use up the internet one week before the I get more load, then I go on suffering with slow internet for a week.

Although the worst happened during last months load and as it was the holidays I watched a lot of things - youtube and others from Anilinkz. Though this time I went overboard with it and I wasted it in 4 Days and my mum said if I keep going overboard she'll take my internet privillages away.

It's true I go on at school and stuff though our school banned Fanfiction, Facebook and most importantly Youtube which is stupid. They even banned addicting games (what the hell is up with that) so when I'm at home I mainly go on the sites I can't get on at school. But my main question for you to help me with is:

How can I help myself stop my addiction to the internet?
    I presume that was the question, PJ. ._.

What you should do is get a new hobby, learn something new, singing, or a sport perhaps?
    If you cant think of anything, the best thing is to rely on your friends, go places with them, hangout and whatnot.

The answer is get busy.

Good Luck Zappy. =]

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • ..Uhm, hey there guys..
    I really got this problem that makes me want to quit school. Anyway..

Have you tried explaining your side to people who won't even try to understand?
    I always understand, in fact, I gained a lot of friends for I never judge a person without understanding them.
    But they're different when they treated me, but I never did something to them, they just label that what I did was " bad and unforgivable "
    and I really got shocked about it. The next day, as I entered our room, eyes that pierces my very heart, they stared at me
    with malicious kind of thinking. I am afraid.

One of them talked to me, and I explained what happened. You know what he/she said? ( covering the gender )

" Bah! just shut up will you, I don't care about you anymore! " ...

that was my best friend. :(
    and now rumors spreading, things I really dislike, many of my classmates are avoiding me,
    I'm afraid to loose them all, I love all of my classmates, I treasure each,
    but hell, I got misjudged... I just told my best friend.

" You know, I'll always understand... and I'll understand why you're acting like that, but please, for my sake,
    ... will you do the same...? "

and he/she just repeated the same thing. " I don't care "

then I got a text message from one of my close friends,
    and my god, he/she was also furious about me,

I'm afraid I'm losing my touch in going to school.
    But I feel a little relieved that I found somebody to talk to, I told everything,
    and he/she just said,

" You know, you belong to us, but the question is, do we belong to you? "
    I never answered him/her. I just said, I need to think for a while.

But now, everything seems to be so damn cold. The atmosphere of my classmates becomes icy cold.
    I feel really depressed. Is it right for me to just always understand? Is it right for me to let them think what they want to think?

Is it right for me to just lay down and let them stomp me with their harsh words?
    Please, I really need help. Or am I just being too affected?
    Will they soon understand? Or am I the one who will let them understand again?
    Is it right for me to feel this way? To be mad at the same time denying my anger because they're my friends?

I really don't know, I'm so confused!
    Please, I beg you guys, I really need help...

Thank you for reading...
    The only good "your side" would do if you are actually innocent and want to prove it. Otherwise your side is pointless dude.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It wasn't really that considerable as a bad act.
    More like I was hanging out with friends where they think I was finally
    "changed"..

Know what I mean?

I am a kind of person who never sticks to one group of people, I hang out to many.
    And when they found out, they misunderstood me and
    now starts hating me. :(

Hnhhhhh... it's still going on though, nothing progressed..
    Why am I hated so much just because of it..?

The other one even put me on a shameful situation
    during English Class...

Expanding on what 22sa had to say:

I have a motto that I live by. It helped me spot the worst kind of "fair-weather friends" in a manner of moments.

It goes something like this: "Friends don't make friends choose friends."
    Plain and simple. A true friend won't try to make you choose you or them. They won't judge you based upon whom you befriend.

So yeah, if they want to treat you like crap, just ignore 'em. I know it hurts to be betrayed like that, but I'm not going to tell you that you can't forgive them if they come to their senses.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    My teeth hurt whenever chew. :(. I can't stand the pain, it is unbearable. I've been chewing with my front teeth, because I feel no pain there, but it is a little awkward. And no, it shouldn't be from Halloween candy, because I've only eaten a few pieces. Anything I should do?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • My teeth hurt whenever chew. :(. I can't stand the pain, it is unbearable. I've been chewing with my front teeth, because I feel no pain there, but it is a little awkward. And no, it shouldn't be from Halloween candy, because I've only eaten a few pieces. Anything I should do?

Go to the dentist? That's usually a good idea when your teeth hurt.

Years
  • My teeth hurt whenever chew. :(. I can't stand the pain, it is unbearable. I've been chewing with my front teeth, because I feel no pain there, but it is a little awkward. And no, it shouldn't be from Halloween candy, because I've only eaten a few pieces. Anything I should do?

OK, your teeth hurt...how do you care for you teeth (other than eating).
    Do you brush the crap out of them? Or brush them once a month? Has this happened before? ((When I had teeth pulled I could only chew with my front teeth for a while...really awkward.))

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • Alright, So I dated brooke for 2 and 1/2 years and she cheated on me one time and when we broke up, she was like good, **** you, I don't want you, ect ect, then this morning she texts me sayin' she still loves me and **** and is upset about us not bein' together. So we talk about it and she "breaks" up with him for me. So we talk some more and I told her a lot of things need to change and she says Ok, I'll change I promise, So I believe her, Break up with Stacy and ask her out then she says "uh... Thomas is comin' over, I guess we didn't break up" now, I'm pissed as hell and I flip out on her then she calls me and says that we need to take a break so I was like alright, If you date, then I have a right to date as well, So I got back with Stacy. Then about an hour later she calls me back cryin' and says that She and thomas broke up and everything he does reminds her of me and she wants me back, so we talk some more and I ***** her out al ittle bit. So then, I finally believed her and left stacy AGAIN and she goes You need to prove to me you have changed and you are takin' your bipolar meds, So I say, Alright, Give me one week, Both of us stay single and we'll go from there, cool? she says alright. then about 2 hours later she texts me and says, Well, Thomas is comin' back over and I'm gettin' back with him. I'm only 18 years old, I'm still young so let me live my life and I said well, alright, You're kinda a ***** from doin' this so peace and lose me number. afterwards she TRIES AGAIN and says she still loves me and she wants to try again in the future and I turned her down and told her to never contact me again and that I want nothin' to do with her. Now that I've done that.. I feel terribly depressed and I'm pretty upset..

I hope I did the right thing...

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Alright, So I dated brooke for 2 and 1/2 years and she cheated on me one time and when we broke up, she was like good, **** you, I don't want you, ect ect, then this morning she texts me sayin' she still loves me and **** and is upset about us not bein' together. So we talk about it and she "breaks" up with him for me. So we talk some more and I told her a lot of things need to change and she says Ok, I'll change I promise, So I believe her, Break up with Stacy and ask her out then she says "uh... Thomas is comin' over, I guess we didn't break up" now, I'm pissed as hell and I flip out on her then she calls me and says that we need to take a break so I was like alright, If you date, then I have a right to date as well, So I got back with Stacy. Then about an hour later she calls me back cryin' and says that She and thomas broke up and everything he does reminds her of me and she wants me back, so we talk some more and I ***** her out al ittle bit. So then, I finally believed her and left stacy AGAIN and she goes You need to prove to me you have changed and you are takin' your bipolar meds, So I say, Alright, Give me one week, Both of us stay single and we'll go from there, cool? she says alright. then about 2 hours later she texts me and says, Well, Thomas is comin' back over and I'm gettin' back with him. I'm only 18 years old, I'm still young so let me live my life and I said well, alright, You're kinda a ***** from doin' this so peace and lose me number. afterwards she TRIES AGAIN and says she still loves me and she wants to try again in the future and I turned her down and told her to never contact me again and that I want nothin' to do with her. Now that I've done that.. I feel terribly depressed and I'm pretty upset..

..I'd say you did the right thing. You'll just have to get used to not being with her; you'll move on eventually, and find someone who is worth your time.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My teeth hurt whenever chew. :(. I can't stand the pain, it is unbearable. I've been chewing with my front teeth, because I feel no pain there, but it is a little awkward. And no, it shouldn't be from Halloween candy, because I've only eaten a few pieces. Anything I should do?

I have a similar problem sometimes, try using a toothpaste that helps build up enamel, I'd also go see your dentist, as they'll probably be able to help a lot more. ;]

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Alright, So I dated brooke for 2 and 1/2 years and she cheated on me one time and when we broke up, she was like good, **** you, I don't want you, ect ect, then this morning she texts me sayin' she still loves me and **** and is upset about us not bein' together. So we talk about it and she "breaks" up with him for me. So we talk some more and I told her a lot of things need to change and she says Ok, I'll change I promise, So I believe her, Break up with Stacy and ask her out then she says "uh... Thomas is comin' over, I guess we didn't break up" now, I'm pissed as hell and I flip out on her then she calls me and says that we need to take a break so I was like alright, If you date, then I have a right to date as well, So I got back with Stacy. Then about an hour later she calls me back cryin' and says that She and thomas broke up and everything he does reminds her of me and she wants me back, so we talk some more and I ***** her out al ittle bit. So then, I finally believed her and left stacy AGAIN and she goes You need to prove to me you have changed and you are takin' your bipolar meds, So I say, Alright, Give me one week, Both of us stay single and we'll go from there, cool? she says alright. then about 2 hours later she texts me and says, Well, Thomas is comin' back over and I'm gettin' back with him. I'm only 18 years old, I'm still young so let me live my life and I said well, alright, You're kinda a ***** from doin' this so peace and lose me number. afterwards she TRIES AGAIN and says she still loves me and she wants to try again in the future and I turned her down and told her to never contact me again and that I want nothin' to do with her. Now that I've done that.. I feel terribly depressed and I'm pretty upset..

As was said previously, your actions were valid.

From your story, you do not seem particularly healthy for one another. If, in the future, she contacts you and both of you can handle keeping to a friendship, then you can try talking to each other again. But for now . . . In her words, you two are 18 and young. At a time of particularly high emotions, not much benefit exists in remaining in a destructive relationship. It would not be fair to you, Brooke, Stacy, or Thomas.

The pain is unlikely to disappear soon for either of you, but reopening a wound is usually worse than waiting for it to heal.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I have a slight major procrastination problem. I don't really know what to do to go about fixing it. I mean, I should do my homework first, but instead I do other things (e.g. Log onto PC, Hang out w/friends, Watch the telly). I mean, it definitely isn't helping my grades. I an A and B student, but I know that I could maintain an A average if I could set my priorities straight. I usually end off with a good note, but still. It feels wrong not doing it. Like, I dunno how to explain the feeling, all I know is that it is a bad one.

Any tips on how to beat procrastination would be greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I have a slight major procrastination problem. I don't really know what to do to go about fixing it. I mean, I should do my homework first, but instead I do other things (e.g. Log onto PC, Hang out w/friends, Watch the telly). I mean, it definitely isn't helping my grades. I an A and B student, but I know that I could maintain an A average if I could set my priorities straight. I usually end off with a good note, but still. It feels wrong not doing it. Like, I dunno how to explain the feeling, all I know is that it is a bad one.

I had that habit in school, I always resorted to rewarding myself for getting something done and tackling tasks early/in small intervals. You've got to force yourself to get started, and force yourself to overlook distractions.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hmm, i dunno how to solve this prob,but it'll probably take long,dos anyone of you guys how a 13 yr old kid earn money online??i broke my friend's Psp and need to buy a new one, iT costs much and i dont have enough money on my paypal accoung xD,although my parents will give me $50, i still need more, does any of you guys knows how to earn money online?

Years
  • Hmm, i dunno how to solve this prob,but it'll probably take long,dos anyone of you guys how a 13 yr old kid earn money online??i broke my friend's Psp and need to buy a new one, iT costs much and i dont have enough money on my paypal accoung xD,although my parents will give me $50, i still need more, does any of you guys knows how to earn money online?

Sell your organs.

The only way, really, is to sell stuff on eBay. Any money-making schemes you see advertised online are probably scams, and you should avoid them.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • I have a slight major procrastination problem. I don't really know what to do to go about fixing it. I mean, I should do my homework first, but instead I do other things (e.g. Log onto PC, Hang out w/friends, Watch the telly). I mean, it definitely isn't helping my grades. I an A and B student, but I know that I could maintain an A average if I could set my priorities straight. I usually end off with a good note, but still. It feels wrong not doing it. Like, I dunno how to explain the feeling, all I know is that it is a bad one.

Sometimes I can trick myself by listing out what I need to do, deciding to do one thing (preferably due the next day), then procrastinating on it by doing everything else on the list. And if the chosen task is due the next day, I will probably accomplish it after the other assignments are done.

Years
  • I have this tiny problem... I woulnt really call it a prob..
    In the beginning of my highschool where i did not see my friends for a long 3 months, I didn't know they existed for some time(although they sat 2 seats or right next to me) Now a few of them dont even look at me anymore even though i say somthing to them. At that time, i had a giant mental breakdown but i doubt they will buy this excuse....
    Should i just pretend they just dont exist or should i still try?? Im pretty sure they hate my guts by now..

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I have this tiny problem... I woulnt really call it a prob..
    In the beginning of my highschool where i did not see my friends for a long 3 months, I didn't know they existed for some time(although they sat 2 seats or right next to me) Now a few of them dont even look at me anymore even though i say somthing to them. At that time, i had a giant mental breakdown but i doubt they will buy this excuse....
    Should i just pretend they just dont exist or should i still try?? Im pretty sure they hate my guts by now..
    If they're avoiding you and not talking because you didn't see them for a few months, then you obviously need to give up and find better friends. Theyr'e not worthy of your friendship if they're going to be complete jerks to you, ya'know?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back