• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have this tiny problem... I woulnt really call it a prob..
    In the beginning of my highschool where i did not see my friends for a long 3 months, I didn't know they existed for some time(although they sat 2 seats or right next to me) Now a few of them dont even look at me anymore even though i say somthing to them. At that time, i had a giant mental breakdown but i doubt they will buy this excuse....
    Should i just pretend they just dont exist or should i still try?? Im pretty sure they hate my guts by now..
    Tell them you're sorry you didn't talk to them. Even if it's not your fault or you don't feel like you should apologize. Saying sorry is your peace offering. Ask them if you're all cool now and can move past those months when you didn't talk. If they keep ignoring you it means they aren't ready to forgive you. Trying to punish them by pretending they don't exist isn't going to make them forgive you any sooner. It sounds like you still want to try to be friends so I'd try at least once more.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • I have a problem. Surprising, eh?

Well, I made a really good thread, but within one day it dropped to Page 4.

WUT DO I DO, GUISE?

Seriously now, my problem is that there's a member of the female persuasion who is both attracted to me and has recently moved relatively close by. Due to our [psychological] closeness, I know that she's had a fairly... traumatic past. And by "traumatic" I mean rape. Does this necessarily mean that any impending relationship is doomed to failure?

I shouldn't have to say this, but this is PC, which means that there is a high concentration of IRL n00bs roaming these pages. Don't answer the question if you don't know what you're talking about.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I have a problem. Surprising, eh?

Well, I made a really good thread, but within one day it dropped to Page 4.

WUT DO I DO, GUISE?

Seriously now, my problem is that there's a member of the female persuasion who is both attracted to me and has recently moved relatively close by. Due to our [psychological] closeness, I know that she's had a fairly... traumatic past. And by "traumatic" I mean rape. Does this necessarily mean that any impending relationship is doomed to failure?

I shouldn't have to say this, but this is PC, which means that there is a high concentration of IRL n00bs roaming these pages. Don't answer the question if you don't know what you're talking about.

Not at all. Infact, If you ever remember me talkin' about Brooke in this thread, she had the same thing happen to her and we were fine for a year and a few months before I moved hours away.

So, Go for it dude. Nothin' bad could happen out of it. Just respect her wishes and don't
    pressure her into doin' anything.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013

*I promise I know what I'm talking about, one of my friends is a victim of rape so I have a tiny bit of background knowledge on the subject.

It depends on how she handles the event, and how long ago it took place. I'm assuming she opened up to you about it, which shows that she is at least willing to be communicative with you. If I were you, I'd research some of the psychological after-effects of rape so that you're somewhat prepared when she needs comforting. Just offer your assurance and don't keep reminding yourself that this happened to her and let it become a barrier between the two of you, treat her like you'd treat anyone else you care about. It doesn't necessarily mean the relationship will fail...but if you're constantly worried that baggage will affect anything, it most likely will. Best of luck~

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Well Nicole I tried another way and considering an arbitrary point (x,y). Which mean applying T would transform (x,y) into (y,x) then into (y+1,x+2).

Consider the base for R^2 {(1,0),(0,1)}.
    Then, applying T gives us

T((1,0)) = (1,3) and T((0,1)) = (2,2).

Thus, the matrix transformation would be

[ 1 2 ]
    [ 3 2 ]

Since T((1,0)) = (1,3) = 1(1,0)+3(0,1) and
    T((0,1)) = (2,2) = 2(1,0)+2(0,1). This is in the matrix representation wrt.
    (Not sure here)

As for the next question suppose (x,y) is a fixed point. Then T((x,y)) = (x,y).

But by above T((x,y)) = (y+1,x+2).

Hence, by equality of points in R^2:

x=y+1
    y=x+2

Adding these will give you

x+y = y+x+3

In other words it's not possible.
    good idea,
    I agree with information:
    Since T((1,0)) = (1,3) = 1(1,0)+3(0,1) and
    T((0,1)) = (2,2) = 2(1,0)+2(0,1). This is in the matrix representation wrt.
    (Not sure here)

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Okay,this isn't life or death of the heart or anything, but it's still a problem:

So, I have an Xbox360.
    My brother owns it, since he payed for it.

We used to keep it on our main television, but,
    My brother went out and bought a television, took the Xbox360, and put it in his room.

Now, I myself have plenty of game data and my own games that I own for the Xbox360.

It's a bit selfish, because on the main TV, anyone who feels like playing can play, even my brother himself,

but I don't want to say anything, because it is his Xbox360, and he already bought a shiny new TV for it.

And I'm sure as hell not sneaking up to his room and play it then, because you can never know for sure when he comes back, and someone might catch me.

I want to play it, but it's a minefield and I don't have any minesweepers.

Should I?:

a) Approach my brother about this, say my feelings about the subject.
    :If you choose this answer, please explain to me a basis to what I should say to convince him:

b) Purchase a new Xbox360 that stay on the main television, so my brother won't have to be bothered by the matter, and I can just pull my data from the old one onto the new one.
    :Christmas is coming up, so this is a very good possibility, but there is no promises that my parents will buy a new one if I ask for it:

c) Other solution
    :This one is a free form option. What is your way to approach this subject? Please explain and elaborate what you mean when you answer.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I have this tiny problem... I woulnt really call it a prob..
    In the beginning of my highschool where i did not see my friends for a long 3 months, I didn't know they existed for some time(although they sat 2 seats or right next to me) Now a few of them dont even look at me anymore even though i say somthing to them. At that time, i had a giant mental breakdown but i doubt they will buy this excuse....
    Should i just pretend they just dont exist or should i still try?? Im pretty sure they hate my guts by now..

I've had a friend that had this problem before.

As I said to them, you should really go up to them and tell them why you haven't been in contact with them for the time you haven't been in contact. If they are good friends they will understand why and forgive easily.

But if they do not forgive, well, I'd just leave them, after all, they wern't exactly nice enough to come up to you and ask where you where for that period of time and just get on with like they normally would. Then I'd wander off and make new friends, people change and move on.

Years
  • Okay,this isn't life or death of the heart or anything, but it's still a problem:

So, I have an Xbox360.
    My brother owns it, since he payed for it.

We used to keep it on our main television, but,
    My brother went out and bought a television, took the Xbox360, and put it in his room.

Now, I myself have plenty of game data and my own games that I own for the Xbox360.

It's a bit selfish, because on the main TV, anyone who feels like playing can play, even my brother himself,

but I don't want to say anything, because it is his Xbox360, and he already bought a shiny new TV for it.

And I'm sure as hell not sneaking up to his room and play it then, because you can never know for sure when he comes back, and someone might catch me.

I want to play it, but it's a minefield and I don't have any minesweepers.

Should I?:

a) Approach my brother about this, say my feelings about the subject.
    :If you choose this answer, please explain to me a basis to what I should say to convince him:

b) Purchase a new Xbox360 that stay on the main television, so my brother won't have to be bothered by the matter, and I can just pull my data from the old one onto the new one.
    :Christmas is coming up, so this is a very good possibility, but there is no promises that my parents will buy a new one if I ask for it:

c) Other solution
    :This one is a free form option. What is your way to approach this subject? Please explain and elaborate what you mean when you answer.

Option A.

Approach him, talk about it. He is only your brother, no need to be scared. Even if the talk goes bad, at least you tried, and option B is always open. But if you just talk about it, he may just grant you permission to play.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • i have a problem.

my ex has a gf and i have a bf. my ex and i broke up about [lets say] a month ago. hes been pestering me to sleep with me and its on going and its getting really annoying. my bf tells me to tell him off. i told him off before but he doesnt stop.what do i do?

Years
  • i have a problem.

my ex has a gf and i have a bf. my ex and i broke up about [lets say] a month ago. hes been pestering me to sleep with me and its on going and its getting really annoying. my bf tells me to tell him off. i told him off before but he doesnt stop.what do i do?

Well, if this gets worse, you can probably contact the police about harassment.

Aksyel

Trajnisto Komencigxa
    Years
  • i have a problem.

I think that you need to call the police and either file charges for sexual harassment or get a restraining order. Things like this tend to escalate.

----

Mi pensas vi bezonas voki la policoj kaj fajlas kulpigoj por gxenado de seksumo aux prenas ordo de brido. Ajxoj kiel tiu cxi havas dispozicio eskaladi.

Lash

Years
  • The hardest task for me in this world is to fall asleep. I stay away from the computer (except for right now lol) a lot of the time, meaning I'm left to just stare at the ceiling and enjoy the breeze the fan blows. When I do end up falling asleep, I get less than two hours maximum.

Normally I wouldn't call my inability to sleep a problem, but it is. For one thing and one crappy thing only: school. I'll wake up after, lets say 90mins of sleep (average) to get on with my school day. I'm drowsy as hell, and my body truly doesn't wake up till around noon. I get in trouble if I sleep during school, so I can't do that. It takes a toll on my grades, like hardcore. Mainly because I get cranky and angry as hell and I start running my mouth.

There is one thing I noticed though: on nights I smoke weed (or take any downer, actually) I'll fall asleep way early, and wake up happy, bright, and full of life the next day. Meaning my grades go up, and I don't get yelled at for cursing at the school staff.

I would smoke more weed, but I really don't have 24 hour access. I need to find a way to sleep on nights I don't smoke.

Aksyel

Trajnisto Komencigxa
    Years
  • The hardest task for me in this world is to fall asleep. I stay away from the computer (except for right now lol) a lot of the time, meaning I'm left to just stare at the ceiling and enjoy the breeze the fan blows. When I do end up falling asleep, I get less than two hours maximum.

Normally I wouldn't call my inability to sleep a problem, but it is. For one thing and one crappy thing only: school. I'll wake up after, lets say 90mins of sleep (average) to get on with my school day. I'm drowsy as hell, and my body truly doesn't wake up till around noon. I get in trouble if I sleep during school, so I can't do that. It takes a toll on my grades, like hardcore. Mainly because I get cranky and angry as hell and I start running my mouth.

There is one thing I noticed though: on nights I smoke weed (or take any downer, actually) I'll fall asleep way early, and wake up happy, bright, and full of life the next day. Meaning my grades go up, and I don't get yelled at for cursing at the school staff.

I would smoke more weed, but I really don't have 24 hour access. I need to find a way to sleep on nights I don't smoke.
    I think you have sleep insomnia, either caused physically, in which case you will need sleeping medication or caused psychologically, by the fact that you think you need to get a good nights sleep with weed. Either way, go talk to a doctor about it and mention the weed thing because you cant get in trouble unless they find the weed on you. You can go into a police station and scream, "I JUST SNORTED A BUNCH OF CRACK!" and not get in trouble for drugs. But you would get in trouble for disturbing the peace. : 3

Mi pensas tiu vi havas sendomerco de dormo, kauxzas fizika tiom vi bezonos medikamento aux kauxzas psikoligia tiom vi bezonos medikamento ankaux. Iru al la doktoro.

Lash

Years
  • I think you have sleep insomnia, either caused physically, in which case you will need sleeping medication or caused psychologically, by the fact that you think you need to get a good nights sleep with weed. Either way, go talk to a doctor about it and mention the weed thing because you cant get in trouble unless they find the weed on you. You can go into a police station and scream, "I JUST SNORTED A BUNCH OF CRACK!" and not get in trouble for drugs. But you would get in trouble for disturbing the peace. : 3

Mi pensas tiu vi havas sendomerco de dormo, kauxzas fizika tiom vi bezonos medikamento aux kauxzas psikoligia tiom vi bezonos medikamento ankaux. Iru al la doktoro.

Alright, thank you. I shall try to get a doctor appointment by the weekend.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah dude, ambien or ambien CR can really help you out. S'what I'm on.

Or you could've just found an otc sleep aid in target/walmart...

Years
  • Problem:

I have no self control.

Once the first drink passes my lips, I'm gone.

I'll wake up a day later in a cell/hospital.

I'm really weak but I can't stand seeing people being pushed around which often gets me into un-winnable fights. (One time some kid held a knife at my neck at school 'cuz I told him and his friends to leave my friend alone).

I need to learn to control myself in every sence, but I really just can't.

Not to sound emo, but I'm worried I won't make it to my thirties.

Aksyel

Trajnisto Komencigxa
    Years
  • Problem:

I have no self control.

Once the first drink passes my lips, I'm gone.

I'll wake up a day later in a cell/hospital.

I'm really weak but I can't stand seeing people being pushed around which often gets me into un-winnable fights. (One time some kid held a knife at my neck at school 'cuz I told him and his friends to leave my friend alone).

I need to learn to control myself in every sence, but I really just can't.

Not to sound emo, but I'm worried I won't make it to my thirties.
    If the first drink is the problem, don't have the first drink.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back