• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • Basic boy problem.....

Okay...well I have heard from 10 diffrent people that my friend, Shayne, likes me. But he says he doesn't. I want him to like me...but I think he does, he just doens't want to admit it.....any ways I can get him to admit it?

Zet

Years
  • Basic boy problem.....

Okay...well I have heard from 10 diffrent people that my friend, Shayne, likes me. But he says he doesn't. I want him to like me...but I think he does, he just doens't want to admit it.....any ways I can get him to admit it?
    telling him how you feel about him might make him admit his feelings

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Basic boy problem.....

I'm just going to assume that you like him aswell. If this is the case, then I suggest that you tell him your true feelings that way you would feel more comfortable about telling you the truth.

Believe me if all girls did this, guys would be so much more open towards emotions.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • My friend has been seriously pissing me off lately -____-

Me and him were such good friends two years ago, but now it's just like he's a different person /:

I know it's just the agony of growing up, but I sometimes feel like I'm the one who has grown up since I was 14-15 and he has grown down /: I think he THINKS he has grown up, but he hasn't /: he's just acting more immature than before.

I just miss having fun with him and doing things on complete impluse, we used to just catch random busses places and just have fun in that town and what not =)) now we just do the same things all the time, and they bore me :(

He's also really mean to me lately :( I haven't even done anything.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    My friend has been seriously pissing me off lately -____-

Me and him were such good friends two years ago, but now it's just like he's a different person /:

I know it's just the agony of growing up, but I sometimes feel like I'm the one who has grown up since I was 14-15 and he has grown down /: I think he THINKS he has grown up, but he hasn't /: he's just acting more immature than before.

I just miss having fun with him and doing things on complete impluse, we used to just catch random busses places and just have fun in that town and what not =)) now we just do the same things all the time, and they bore me :(

a similar thing has happened to me with a friend, his inmaturity and randomness isn't of my liking anymore, your friend is not growing down, you are simply becoming more serious and mature, perhaps an honest friend to friend talk about this will solve that problem, who knows, it could be that you two can adapt to each other, change should never be a reason for a friendship to end^^

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • I just can't stand change :( I know it's something you have to deal with.... at times I just wish everything could stay the same.

Then again, if everything stayed the same we wouldn't grow as people :(

I should be thankful that he was there to begin with, and he helped me become a stronger person today.

I'm more serious in some ways, like I can't deal with the way he acts around some people anymore </3 I just feel like telling him stop being so bloody pretentious around some people -____-

I just feel like an outcast around most people my age lately /: I think I've out-grown alot, it sucks.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hahaha... Yes, it's a love problem this time again.

Ok, so like last week I met a girl new to the school. Love at first sight, and it happened non-sexually, which with me is rarer than a shiny Pokemon o.o'.

So then I said hi to her, when we looked into each others eyes, and I just didn't know what hit me, she was so beautiful I lost track of time and the enviroment, I don't for how long we stared until another girl chased me away.

The next day, I met her outside, we stared at each other again with all the love in the universe, she then looked away and walked to a group of friends, then another one chased me away ;_;.

Before anyone tries to press that "Post Reply" button, here's the catch:

She is hanging out with girls that completely hate me and know me as a "Disgusting Stalker" because I started off the year being a flirty guy who tends to be in many places at the same time.

She isn't very social but she still hangs around with them. And if I try to get near her, the others will comment negatively and try to chase me off. Worst of all, I am super Nervous
    Because when I actually greet her, we tend to stare at each other, I think she has feelings for me, but heck, do I do a Reputational Suicide all the time.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I just can't stand change :( I know it's something you have to deal with.... at times I just wish everything could stay the same.

I should be thankful that he was there to begin with, and he helped me become a stronger person today.

I'm more serious in some ways, like I can't deal with the way he acts around some people anymore </3 I just feel like telling him stop being so bloody pretentious around some people -____-

I just feel like an outcast around most people my age lately /: I think I've out-grown alot, it sucks.

I am no stranger to what you feel, I don't act the way many people my age do, realizing you are not like the ones in your group is always hard, but it's not too difficult, as I said, an honest to heart talk with him might make him see your points and your problems, and perhaps it will help him mature himself, but be advised, with maturty patience must come as well^^

Ok, so like last week I met a girl new to the school. Love at first sight, and it happened non-sexually, which with me is rarer than a shiny Pokemon o.o'.

So then I said hi to her, when we looked into each others eyes, and I just didn't know what hit me, she was so beautiful I lost track of time and the enviroment, I don't for how long we stared until another girl chased me away.

The next day, I met her outside, we stared at each other again with all the love in the universe, she then looked away and walked to a group of friends, then another one chased me away ;_;.

She is hanging out with girls that completely hate me and know me as a "Disgusting Stalker" because I started off the year being a flirty guy who tends to be in many places at the same time.

She isn't very social but she still hangs around with them. And if I try to get near her, the others will comment negatively and try to chase me off. Worst of all, I am super Nervous
    Because when I actually greet her, we tend to stare at each other, I think she has feelings for me, but heck, do I do a Reputational Suicide all the time.

Ah yes, I have been friends with someone whose friends are my enemies, I know exactly what you mean, the best way to get through to her will be to find her alone, or to find a way to get her attention so she will approach you as well, or give you her email/phone, be aware that she might be feeling the same way and is afraid of having all her "friends" turn on her, so try it, I'm quite sure she will try to find a way to have a private meeting as well^^

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Hahaha... Yes, it's a love problem this time again.

GET HER MSN!
    It works wonders. Ask her for her msn, and talk to her on there. I'm sure you'll be able to talk some stuff through, and maybe even go out for a movie or something? Sounds like you really like this girl. Do you have any classes with her? Maybe you could pass her a note in class or something. Otherwise, the best choice might be to just try and catch her alone sometime.
    I have many friends who are also friends with this one girl who hates me (although I have no clue what her freaking problem is, she's dating my ex, and I introduced them, and I don't even hate her?), so I know what you mean by that group of friends who hate you. Don't let them get to you, as I didn't let this girl get to me, but it must be somewhat harder for the girl you like. =/ Just think about how you could act around her and stuff.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • I doubt it tbh :( the only thing I can actually see working anymore is cutting him out of my life full stop.

He's quite possessive with me lately, and gets annoyed if I go out with other friends -____- Idk what's with him anymore.

Blahhhhhh.

Thanks for everything btw <3

kissing. raindrops

Years
  • I doubt it tbh :( the only thing I can actually see working anymore is cutting him out of my life full stop.

He's quite possessive with me lately, and gets annoyed if I go out with other friends -____- Idk what's with him anymore.

Blahhhhhh.

Thanks for everything btw <3
    I knoww where you're coming from. =/ It's sometimes so much harder to talk to someone about how they're acting than it seems. I mean, one of my "best friends" right now just pisses me off when I see her, I feel horrible for how I feel, but I just don't like her as much anymore.

How does your friend see you? Do you think he could somehow like you more than as a friend?

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • The reason we're friends is because my old friend Abi (she used to be my best friend before she moved) used to be his gf, so I hanged out with them both.

But, then when Abi moved to New Zealand we still talked loads.

I really don't think he likes me like that... I mean if he did I'm sure he would have told me by now /: we've slept in the same bed together a few times (in parties and stuff) and he never ever tried anything on with me or anything.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • OK...Here goes.

I take a "gifted course". It's called Challenge.
    Basically, we do critical thinking mumbo jumbo.

Anyways, I used to like the class, but now, I dread going in that classroom.
    I don't really like the people in the period I have the class either.
    The teacher's ok, I just hate the work we do.
    It takes forever, it's really hard. Plus, we're doing this "Around the World" project right now, and I just don't want to do it... Well, I don't really "just don't want to do it", I just don't really care about it...

I really want to switch out...but I don't know if I should or not...

Do you think I should?

kissing. raindrops

Years
  • The reason we're friends is because my old friend Abi (she used to be my best friend before she moved) used to be his gf, so I hanged out with them both.

I really don't think he likes me like that... I mean if he did I'm sure he would have told me by now /: we've slept in the same bed together a few times (in parties and stuff) and he never ever tried anything on with me or anything.
    Ooh! I see, that explains how you became friends with him and your "relationship".
    Yeah, then I'm pretty sure he doesn't like you like that.. If you were at parties and stuff, there must have been alcohol? Was he drunk? If he was and you guys were in the bed together, than he must of tried something, cause from personal experience, all guys are horn dogs when they're drunk. Even if he wasn't, though, you said "a few times", which is plenty enough for him to have tried something.
    && now he's just really mean to you? How about you explain some of the things he does.
    OK...Here goes.

It takes forever, it's really hard. Plus, we're doing this "Around the World" project right now, and I just don't want to do it... Well, I don't really "just don't want to do it", I just don't really care about it...

Do you think I should?
    This is in school, correct? First of all, have you tried to talk to any of your friends, teachers, or parents about it? I mean, if you expressed how you felt to them, you could have a better, more confident decision as to if you really want to drop the class or not. I know what you mean when you say you "just really don't want to do it". I've been there, and it just gets really frustrating and annoying. I suggest talking to your friends, teachers and parents first, clear your mind and tell them exactly how you feel. && if you really want to drop out after that, then have a talk with your parents about it, ask them for their opinions. Hope it works out <33

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Eheh. I have a silly teenage problem. xD;;. Caution, up ahead lies a bit of a strange and complex situation written in detail just an idea of the feel of the circumstances.

So, I don't exactly hate but I don't like my female classmates either. None of them are good students, they all have shallow, inambitious personalities and the only thing they can talk (or scream about- they are quite loud..) about is how --ty the smallest thing is, how gay it is for two guys just to play wrestle, or what's going on in that soap opera. Therefore, I am the odd girl out in my classroom as I am serious about my studies, I like video games and anime and I don't like to raise my voice. Because of my interests, I noticed that in class I spend most of my time talking to the guys. During breaktime, I spend my time with two sisters from a lower grade, and we're good friends, but I never ever really click with the girls in my class.

There are fourteen in my class, with five girls and nine guys, counting myself. Though they do mix, most of the time the guys stick to the guys and the girls stick to the girls. Which makes it awkward for me, since I don't want to be alienated from the group of girls but I have fun hanging out with the guys too. I can bear with it, though. My real problem is this: I like this guy, very much. I care about him, I like working with him on school projects because he's a hardworking, ambitious person while also being a funny guy. However, like everyone else in the class, he's also concerned about keeping up an 'appearance' for the rest of the class. When it is just the two of us talking to each other, he's casual and talks to me normally, though usually he can't talk for long. When he's around friends, however, I notice that he's quite rude to me at times when I approach him.

I understand this, of course. My class is pretty immature when it comes to relationships- you hang out with a person of the opposite gender, by the next day the word has gone around that you two are 'deep in love' and a potential strong platonic relationship is ruined. And because the person I like is always surrounded by the tight circle of his friends, it's almost impossible to catch him alone. So I take whatever chance I get to get to know him better, and we're somewhat friends from these efforts, but he doesn't know I like him- at least I don't think so.

However, my girl classmates know that I like him. They're not very experienced with romance, however, so often they're bad at giving advice regarding it, and tease me about my affections. They throw out hints all the time in front of everybody, which unnerves me greatly. It's very annoying, actually.

Earlier today, school got out, and my female classmate asked me, "Why do you like him anyway? Are you desperate? You're desperate, aren't you.." And I hate that word 'desperate'. Her words left me disturbed. I'm a very affectionate person, I hang out with guys and I know many guys who are close, platonic friends of mine. So even in this circumstance when it'd be a better idea to hang out with the tight clique of girls to avoid conflict, why do I care about this guy so much and why am I 'hanging' with these dudes? I like it when I work hard and get good praise for it, and I soak up compliments from others very happily, and I'm wondering if these are actions to deal with a low self-esteem problem.

The bottom line is, I'm wondering if I'm desperate for affection and a feeling of self-worth. I've been thinking about it very carefully since my classmate suggested it. You don't have to tackle every single issue I've presented in this thesis of a post, but I'd really like to know if it's normal to want a some love. I can live without it, but I really would like to have someone to feel mutual romantic emotions towards myself. It's made me very confused..

It's perfectly normal to want some love. You're wrong if you think you can live without it. Well, yes you can live without them, but you'd not be the same person anymore. So, in a way, I understand your position. And please don't reveal these types of feelings to those types of people as a way of getting help, you'll only get more trouble, like them trying to tease you by giving hints.

I hate the word desperate in this sense as much as you do. Don't mind me but, if the girls in your class think like this, they're plain immature, and I advice not having such people around with the name of friends. If you like hanging out with the guys, that might be cause they have a closer personality to you, and that it's more fun to hang out with them - and it's as normal as eating food everyday.

And about him liking you, you'll never know till you... till you... I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything to say... But you'll have to do something for sure. That something you'll have to figure out yourself. And try getting hints from the way he does things and the way he talks to you. Maybe that might be a way. And you shouldn't back off at revealing a little of your feeling toward himself either. Guys are bad at understanding that trait of girls most of the time!

It also sounds like he's under peer pressure of some kind, to have gone to the point of teasing you when they're around. But tell him how you feel. Maybe get him on MSN? It's a great idea to get to know each other better! And don't stop being yourself just because of those girls making fun.

Hope that helped! :)

Basic boy problem.....

If what you said means you like him too, then go ahead and tell him about how you feel, or at least give some hints. You can't wait for him to make a move, cause if you do that's where it'll be stuck forever. If you want something like a progress to happen, then you have to make a move...

My friend has been seriously pissing me off lately -____-

I just can't stand change :( I know it's something you have to deal with.... at times I just wish everything could stay the same.

I doubt it tbh :( the only thing I can actually see working anymore is cutting him out of my life full stop.

First of all, I better tell you that I have merged all your posts afterward into one, since they were all related. Hope you don't mind!
    I know I say this almost all the time, but I'll tell this again - I know how that feels, cause I had a lot of experience about these things in my life.

No, it isn't the agony of growing up, it's just that you've become more mature, and tend to care about all mutual relationships more now than before. And even if this term might seem inexistent, your friend has actually lost maturity. Times have become like this these days...

If he's mean to you, maybe he has changed, and is not the same friend anymore you had before. Good changes are always welcome, but they don't seem to happen much. So, I myself can't stand much of these changes either. Good changes make you grow, not these ones...

If he acts more like an insulting creep around other people, whether it sounds stupid or not, he's simply thinking he's at a higher position than you, and you have to talk it out with your friend. You have to show that you are something too, and if a detailed time-taken conversation doesn't help it out, then look for other friends rather than this one.

If he's possessive of you, it means what I've told in the previous paragraph is completely true. It could either have been that he likes you and he's jealous, but no... After you've taken a good amount of attempt and still don't succeed, then, like you suggested yourself, cutting him off from your life seems good...

And about feeling left out from everything and by most people around your age, it's true that you've become mature to a level that you can't mix in with them. Just wait for it, and sometimes try looking for what they seek in friendship. But my advice is - be yourself, and if this makes any friend come to you for friendship's sake, then they will bw your true friends. What do you want more - A huge bunch of people hanging around with you, or a low number of friends, but true friends?

Lol, love at first sight? Don't be so sure about that. For a flirty guy as you say you are, almost every good looking girl might seem like a love at first sight. So, take some time and wait till you confirm this. In the mean time, start off by trying to get to know her. Like someone said, MSN is a great idea.

And yeah, don't do a reputational suicide. It can be one of the worst things you can do to yourself. You'll even feel like going somewhere new where nobody knows you, if at extreme. From today onwards, try giving everyone the image that you are not the stalking flirty guy anymore (sorry if it hurts...).

And about being nervous, I'll point out to MSN again. Face to face conversation with such a person can almost always make anyone nervous. It won't happen in MSN though, so there you go! After you get to know her a little, you'll see that the nervousness is fading away. And at school, try to get her alone, which might be difficult!

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
    Years

...you're ugly, right?

OK...Here goes.

Do you think I should?

No. I think you should just stay at home and drink tea.

Zet

Years

...you're ugly, right?
    you sure know how to talk to girls

and he probably thinks you're just a good friend only for the time being but I'm sure he'll fall for you

Zet

Years
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back