• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Power Of Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    The world has been thrown into chaos(sorta). A new team has emerged and is making their place in the ranks. They are now commonly known as Team Azure. They have captured and are now using the Legendary Pokemon, The Regi Trio. Their next targets are the Legendary Birds. Regiice is terrorizing Kanto. Regirock is terrorizing Johto. Registeel is terrorizing Hoenn. The Legendary Birds are once again gathering at Fire Island, Ice Island, and Lightning Island. The Three Regi's are summoned away from their destruction of the Countries and are called to The Islands to weaken The Birds so that Azure can capture them. But some say that they hear roars coming from the sea. Could Lugia once again aid in the calming of the birds? Will this be a replay of The Power Of One? Join my RP to find out!(In short terms, this role-play is a clash between You(The trainers), The Regi Pokemon, and The Legendary Birds)

Other Information: The leader of Team Azure is a man named Doran. The Chief Executive of Azure is a woman named Natasha. Team Azure has 3 Supervisors, 5 Officials, and 10 Grunts. I will be role-playing as a trainer and as the leader of your group. He will lead you around and tell you what to do.

Your Mission: Get as fast as you can to Fire, Ice, and Lightning Island.

More: You all start out in a pretty big boat headed for the islands. You will arrive in approximately 30 Minutes.

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    Pokemon: (No Legendaries!!!) (also, please don't have all your pokemon be all-powerful)
    Sample Role-Play:
    ------------------------------------------------

Here are mine as an example....

Name:Tarin Shazuma
    Personality: Very outgoing. Sometimes shy, but will take charge in times of need.. Cares deeply for his pokemon and their safety.
    Appearance: (Check sig for app)
    Pokemon: Eevee, Espeon, Umbreon, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon.
    (Leader Of Your Group)
    Name: Max
    Personality: Very nice. He is usually friendly to anybody he meets, except evil people of course like Team Azure. If he cares for someone, will risk his life for them...and his pokemon.
    Appearance: Has brown hair. He wears black trainer gloves, a red shirt, black pants, and white shoes. He has green eyes and pretty tan.
    Pokemon:Scyther, Ninetails, Kirlia.
    OTHER NOTES

If You're role-playing is not acceptable after the roleplay has started, then I may ban you from my story

You must give a sample-roleplay in your sign up post. It must be AT LEAST ONE PARAGRAPH(paragraph=about 4 lines)

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Name: Jet
    Personality: Perky,but serous when he needs to be.Can be bubbly and happy,or can be all snippy and rawr...y..0_o depends on his mood.
    Appearance: floppy black hair,green eyes and a red headband he wears.He wears a team rocket uniform,Not really bothering to take it off after he quit.
    Pokemon:
    The Power Of Eight
    Hikari
    The Power Of Eight
    Leia
    The Power Of Eight
    Silver
    The Power Of Eight
    Milo
    The Power Of Eight
    Leon
    The Power Of Eight
    Roku
    Sample Role-Play:After a few more pokemon about Blacks level were gone and fainted,Hikari desided to head to the secret base.Black could use some rest,and she wanted to put up the musical mats she resently bought.

Momentarly letting Rainbow out to use sercret power on what looked like a patch of grass,Hikari walked into her base,and got Rainbow back in her pokeball.Black trotted over to the huge Wailmer doll on the even bigger Surf mat.He setted down in it,curling up into a ball,then went to sleep.

Hikari walked past the cute poster,and walked over a small glitter mat.Taking off her cloak and hat,she set them on the huge log desk,that rested many pokemon plushies,two of which were the pre-evolutions of two of her pokemon.She didn't have any chairs in the base because even if she was at the desk,she never liked to sit.An instict she developed over the years of being hunted down.

Hikari then reached for the laptop.After opening it,she fidlled with it for a motent,pressing button and stuff,and the two small mates,that had music notes on the materalized behind her.She picked one up,then walked over and sat one but the door,but left the other one were it had appered.She tested them out by steping on them.A small,twickle like B note sounded from one of them.A D note from the other.

Black,Hearing the noise,lifted his head,saw "Miss Hikari",as he called her, Placing some of the new mats on the floor.He put his head back down and went back to sleep.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    name: Teresa
    personality: Quiet, but faithful. Can get rude when shes teaching a lesson.
    apperance:
    The Power Of Eight
    (the girl)
    pokemon:
    The Power Of Eight
    The Power Of Eight
    The Power Of Eight
    (shadow)
    sample of role-playing:

"Flygon, Headbutt!" I cried. Flygon flew into the enemy, with such force that it fell back out of the stadium.

"No! My Shellgon!" Cried my opponent trainer. "Ergh... Go, Charizard!" I cried, throwing the pokeball into the stadium. "ZARRRRD" It cried. I sighed.

"Flygon, Dragon rage!" Yet again, the opponent pokemon was knocked out of the ring. "Geez... can anyone give me a decent challenge?" I said, exiting the stadium door. I turned around, just to watch the loser cry. "Humph... you need to train your pokemon more. they were all evolved way too quickly." I turned, and continued to the locker room.

Last edited:

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    (Yey!Just a slight warning,my L button on the keybored is kinda being evil so if L's are missing from some words,that's why.Sorry.>.<)

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Hi I'm Nick and here is something and here is my role-play:Matthew, Josh, Philip, Robert and got their first pokemon from prof.Ock. They got 1 Lv30 and 2 Lv27
    pokemon for are starters. They went on a adventure, but they heard someone in the pokemon centre
    talking about an evil team called Team Nover trying to find pokemon. But not just any pokemon but
    super rare pokemon that have different colours than their normal colours. But there was one small
    problem they were evil shadow pokemon. Matthew and his friends were shocked. Aspecioly when we heard
    that they were going to take over the world of pokemon and that they would find these rare
    pokemon and find out how they became so evil and become shadow and then they said that they were
    going to snag all the pokemon in the world even take trainer's pokemon from them and turn them in
    to shadow pokemon. This is done by closing the pokemon's heart. Matthew and his friends agried on
    trying to defeat this evil Team Super Nover and they said that they were going to caught these rare
    pokemon and turn them back to good again. So they set off after they had are pokemon back from the
    pokemon centre and they got onto a route and they were just about to split up when 4 team Nover
    members and they challenged them to a battle but they beat them good they were no match for them and
    are super strong pokemon at their side. They were going to tell are pokemon to hert them when they
    told them that they knew what pokemon the shadow pokemon were and they are: a Tryanatar, a Snesal,
    a Entie and a Sizer so they let them go for know but they warned them that if they see them again then
    they wouldn't be so lucky so they ran off. By the time that they had gone and they had tea it was
    too late to continue their adventure for one day. The next day they woke up and had their breakfast and
    they set off to continue with their adventure. Thye split up, Matthew and Philip went in surch for the
    Tryanatar and the Snesal and Josh and Robert went in surch for the Entie and the Sizer they were
    all very excited about getting their first ever rare pokemon. Matthew and Philip go up the mountine and
    saw a few members of Team Super Nover but they knew that they were Team Magma members because they
    were wearing the Team Magma unerforms, so they tryed to get round them but they caught them so they got
    their pokemon out and they had a battle with them all and they won they were so happy that they had scared
    them so much they ran away and they didn't see them again well not un till they got to the top of
    the mountine but I will tell you about that stroy in abit. Whilest Matthew and Philip were on their way
    to the top of the mountine and no villians were anywhere to be seen Josh and Robert were in abit
    of a mess because they had been held up by Team Aqua members but they were in a forest and the
    battle had woken up all the Heracrosses, the Beedrilles and the Ariodoses and they chaced away the
    members of Team Aqua away so it was a clear run to the centre of the forest so Josh could caught
    the Sizer then they would meet the others later after Matthew had caught the Tryanatar then they would split up again
    so Robert could caught the Entie and Philip could caught Snesal.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    ...um, you gotta fill out the form if you wanna join. this one:

Name:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    Pokemon: (No Legendaries!!!) (also, please don't have all your pokemon be all-powerful)
    Sample Role-Play:

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
    Name: Seth Wayes

Personality: Relatvely cool-headed and amiable, tends to be quiet. Can make strategic decisions in battles if needed. Just don't hurt his friends, because then he can get aggressive if you do, or if you push his buttons too hard...

Appearance: gray eyes, caucasian, 5'7", teal long sleeved jacket over a gray T-shirt, black leather belt with six slots for pokeballs ansd a silver buckle, three of which are filled, as well as blue jeans and platinum-colored running shoes. Hair is dirty blonde, worn in a bowl style and is well-combed, with bangs that reach just past his eyebrows. A rather handsome young man.

Pokemon(listed in catching order):
    1. #158: Totodile [male] {Was sitting out fishing when the line suddenly was pulled under and it was seen splashing at the surface. He happened to have a lure ball on him at the time, so he used that in a bit of a gamble and caught it.}

2. #23: Ekans [male] {Was found inside one of the local sheds and surprised a local. Captured it to #1 prevent it from doing harm, and #2, add on to his pokedex. Oddly enough, this Ekans is black and the yellow areas are a silvery white color}

3. #371: Bagon [male] {Was abandoned by an irresponsible trainer and found wondering around near its pokeball. Is still a bit traumatized by the incident, and hence can be slightly untrusting of humans at times. It sufffered under its former trainer, who regularly kicked it around and verbally abused it.}

Sample Role-Play Session(taken from a metroid RP forum, using one of my characters):

Planet Earth, Atlantic City, 10:23 AM:

Travis sat in his luxury ocean-view apartment, in casual clothes, and turned on the television, watching the latest headlines on the GFNB. The reporter droned," And today, the space pirates have struck again, raiding a colony on planet Delefrax XII. There were no survivors found in an intense search and rescue effort by Galactic Federation Mari-"

He flicked the television back off. (There goes another slaughter by the filth of society...) closing his eyes and sitting there in thought.(How much longer does all this crap have to go on!?)

Perhaps a bounty would take his dad, and his rage off his mind. "Computer, show all decent bounties posted within the last 24 hours."

[YES, SIR.] a mechanichal voice replied.

A holographic list of bounties appeared before him on a holoscreen. One, in particular caught his eye. He decided to take it and then went to prepare.

"Heh, and the beat goes on..." Travis muttered as he suited up into his armor.

After a brief 15 minute taxi drive to the Atlantic City Spaceport and Docking Bay, he entered his ship and loaded his missiles, then sat into the cockpit seat and asked,
    "Computer, where is this particular bounty located?"

[COORDINATES ARE LOCATED ON PLANET THORA.]

"Then, set a course for this Thora. I want to get there and see what this contact wants."

[YES, SIR.]

With that, Travis started up the ship's engine and took off into the depths of space towards his destination.

(This will be something very intresting, I have a feeling...) He thought, interest rapidly growing and focusing on this new bounty, just as his ship hit mach speed.

Years
    Name: Ali
    Personality: Fairly kindhearted, but can be insensitive without realizing it. He always tries to look towards the bright side of things, and isn't too outgoing.
    Appearance: 5'11", Peachy skin, brown eyes, purple hair spiked up, normally wears a fitted white shirt, black pants, and white runners.
    Pokemon: Raichu, Arbok, Swellow, Gyaradose, Vileplume, Ninetails

Sample Rp:

Ali walked down the street with a smile on his face, Raichu beside him.

'So, you're sure you couldn't find any berries around here?' He asked as he gazed around the lush field. Raichu simply nodded, and ran ahead towards a dirt path which lead up a mountain. Raichu turned back, shaking his head from side to side. Ali nodded, and turned back to the entrance of the field, the opening to a bright, colorful town hidden under the mountains surrounded by it.

'Well... Sis is going to be disappointed that we couldn't find any berries... Ahh well, maybe tomorrow there'll be some buds!'

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Chichimi: Gotcha

Ash and Pika: You need to fill out the form, and add punctuation to your sentences! Most of it was in one sentence! Also, you could work on your spelling.

Deadly Aim: Accepted ^_^

Raichu Tamer: Accepted ^_^

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I guess I'll join

Name:Bruce
    Personality:Calm but once he gets an idea in his head he won't listen to anybody else he is also very quiet.
    Appearance: The Power Of Eight
    Pokemon:Wobbuffet(called wobby :D), Dusclops, Chikorita and Milotic.
    RP Sample: There I was standing on the arena in the finals, okay I choose you Milotic, hah this is going to be a piece of cake said the young boy standing in front of me, go jolteon use your thunderbolt! The thunderbolt hit Milotic, so predictable I said. Okay Milotic use your Mirror coat, the power of the thunderbolt hit jolteon with double the damage and it fainted. Aargh you got me there, it's your turn Meganium my opponent said use your Razor Leaf, it was too much for Milotic and it fell motionless down on the ground. Okay Dusclops this is a job for you, make it suffer with your will-o-wisp Meganium quickly dodged the attack and used its razor leaf on dusclops. The razor leaf had caused some major damage to dusclops but it wasn't going to give up, Dusclops use your shadow punch on Meganium the shadow punch hit Meganium it was a critical hit but it only dealt some minor damage to it. Okay that was... effective, Dusclops use your Seismic Toss before the Meganium could do anything dusclops had already slammed it with incredible power on the ground Meganium was stubborn and struggled against the pain, suddenly the flower around its neck began to glow and suddenly it released a solarbeam it hit dusclops in the stomach and it fell fainted on the ground but it was too much for Meganium too. I layed my hand on the last pokeball on my belt, you can do it Wobby, go Wobbuffet! Hah that thing is completely useless go Magcargo use your Fire blast to take that thing down. That was the command I was waiting for, now Wobbuffet use your mirror coat I said with an evil smile on my face. No don't do it Magcargo! But it was too late the Fire blast hit wobbuffet and wobbuffet returned the damage double, Judge: We have a winner, Bruce step up and accept your price.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Uh, yeah, I guess you're accepted. In your sample role-play, there was some places wher you shuold have added commas and periods, but it was pretty good. >>

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Are there still free places? If so:

Name: Sanada

Personality(A bit of history too. Sorry, I can't resist):
    An impulsive, rash, fastmouthed, brave, and often foolhardy, risktaker, Sanada won't back down from any battle or challenge he thinks he can win, which consequently leads to him being incapable of refusing any challenge. His mother grew sickly after giving birth to Sanada and died seven years later, this unhinged his father quite drastically, causing him to believe that Sanada was a life-stealing demon. The young boy was consequently chased out of his home and into the streets where he met his first Pok?mon, a stray Meowth that took a liking to the boy and has since been a trusted partner in his escapedes. The next seven years of his life Sanada and the Meowth, whom Sanada affectionately dubbed Loki, made a living dabbling in hunting, often other people's, treasures, in addition to gambling, Pok?mon battling, and doing the occasional odd job for the locals. While generaly goodhearted Sanada often finds the finer points of morality beyond him, he sees nothing wrong in padding his pockets while doing the good work and is not overly choosy about where the money comes from, he also thinks that 'white lies' are okay, whispering your motives under your breath is an exinuating circumstance, and that it's not morally questionable to steal within the bounds of reason and good taste. Sanada holds a strong dislike for bossy and judgmental people and will gladdly team up with their opposers just to spite them. Sanada is slow to make friends and enemies and even slower to forget them. He also gets restless fairly quickly and will incite arguments if things get too dull for his tastes.

Appearance: Think Gary with a slightly paler complexion (Due to him being out and about in the nights rather than on days) and light purple hair.

Pok?mon:
    Meowth (Loki): As explained above, a stray that took a liking to Sanada and decided to stick around, they are basicaly like brothers.
    Sneasel: One of the first jobs Sanada accepted was to hunt down a Sneasel that had taken control of a local warehouse. The agitated creature put up such a good fight that Sanada decided to take him to the team instead of turning him in.
    Umbreon: Evolved from an abused Eevee that Sanada liberated while paying a visit to the residence of a local collector.

RP sample:
    "Go Umbreon!"
    "Go Hitmonchan!"
    A wave of 'ooh's and 'aah's arose from the tightly packed crowd of spectators gathered in the battle dome as the appearance of the two Pok?mon signaled the beggining of the lv.50 finals. Sanada inspected the situation calmly. Judging by the tailored suit and the arrogant expression on his newly washed face Sanada's opponents was filthy rich, probably the graduate of some posh trainer school. No doubt his pok?mon would be powerful, but could Sanada capitalize on his opponent's arrogance?
    "Hah, dark type!" his opponent cried triumphantly "Watch and weep ruffian! Mach Punch!"
    Sanada smiled lightly, his question answered. "Umbreon! Counter!"
    The Hitmonchan was well raised, Sanada had admit to himself, as the fighting pok?mon charged head on, but it was no match for Umbreon's defences. Briefly, the two made contact in the center of the arena before flying back in their respective directions, Hitmonchan releasing a cry of pain before collapsing into a sorry heap. Umbreon had also taken heavy damage but was still on it's feet, earning an intense round of applause from the crowd.
    "Lucky shot." Sanada's opponent muttered, withdrawing Hitmonchan. "Let's see you best this. Go Dragonite!"
    As the Dragon emerged from it's pok?ball with a loud cry Sanada considered his options. Despite the brave face Umbreon had taken a serious beating. It was doubtful wether it could stand up against Dragonite's sheer power. He wasn't given much time to decide though.
    "Dragonite! Fireblast!"
    The searing hot flames caught Umbreon of guard sending it hurtling of the stadium, a trail of steam following in its wake.
    "That's enough" Sanada said, slightly rattled "Come back Umbreon."
    So, Sanada thought, It all comes down to this. His multitude of options had been reduced to a binary choice: "Loki or Sneasel?"
    Despite Dragonite's natural weakness against Ice, the recent firework display didn't really encourage Sanada to send out Sneasel, on the other hand he wasn't sure if Loki could muster the power. But then again, Sneasel was incredibly agile (Especially when combined with the Brightpowder he had bougt for it) and Fireblast was not what he'd call accurate. What should he count on? Luck or skill? Well, he thought. I've got to be me
    "Go Sneasel!"
    "Now I've got you!" His opponent gloated, "Fireblast!"
    With impressive agility the, by comparison, tiny creature dodged the roaring flames, assuming a strategic position near its opponent yet within a safe distance of the Dragon's tail.
    "Sneasel! Ice Punch!"
    The punch caught Dragonite with pin-point accuracy on a weak spot on its underbelly. Sneasel didn't possess very much mass but the dragon's enitre, massive body trembled from the impact, taking a few tottering steps before collapsing. For a few minutes, complete silence prevailed within the dome as the collective audience tried to comprehend what had just occurred.

After a few awkward minutes the announcer finally remembered his role.

"Sanada is the winner!"

The crowd, finally awoken from its daze, acted as it always had on similar occasions. With roaring applause. With a few whispered compliments, and a promise of a more substantial reward, to Sneasel, Sanada collected his pok?mon and went to collect his share of a certain bet...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that a lv.50 Dragonite is technically impossible. But hey, Lance had one too so why can't this guy? If you want some extra RPing samples then check this thread.

Last edited:

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    *ears perks and get in the roleplaying mood*Roleplay ish good for the soul....Ouummmm.....
    edit-before we start,could Switch a pokemon in my team?Insted of Hikari the skitty,Hypa the Pikachu?

Last edited:

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
    So am i taking the last spot?

Name:Sithre
    Personality:Mysteriously quiet in battle, he commands his pokemon with the aid of their psychic abilities. He treats all pokemon with respect, something he rarely shows to fellow humans
    Appearance:Stereotypical Gothic 19 guy
    Pokemon: Gengar, Solrock, Steelix, Metang, Pupitar, Scizor
    Sample Role-Play:

"Oh my, that last attack demolished Hitmonlee. Sithre's Gengar has proved too much for Brawley's muscle bound battlers", The announcer emphasized alittle relentlessley on the opposing trainers victory.

"You win, I have done my best but you win. Move on to your next opponent". Brawley watched the trainer standing before him, amazed by how confident he had fought and silently ordered his pokemon's attacks.

Sithre walked past Brawley, "Physically amazing, but they are alittle slow". Brawly was caught off guard, he pulsed with rage. As the winning trainer left through the gates, Brawly began pacing around the edge of the stadium.
    "Not fast enough, psht".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back