• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Why cant girls be athletic Gamefreak? Why do they always have to look like moe? C'mon.
    You're asking this of a bunch of Japanese people.

Random but somewhat related thought that occurred to me: If customization is in ORAS, we aren't restricted to just hats (for May at least); we can buy ribbons.

....I think that's an interesting little tidbit [but probably only because I'm crazy

Years
    You're asking this of a bunch of Japanese people.

Random but somewhat related thought that occurred to me: If customization is in ORAS, we aren't restricted to just hats (for May at least); we can buy ribbons.
    Which is why Customization is a necessity now, so i can take it off, hopefully for a bandana if anything.

Years
    I really like how Brendan looks this time around, only thing I'd maybe change is to give him black hair instead of brown so it contrasts more with his hat/outfit BUT that's just me being nit-picky lol :)

Again with May I prefer her original darker hair colour and I was also hoping to see the return of the bandana but I really approve of her outfit which makes up for it, especially her top :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    If they're keeping the outfits/hairstytles from X/Y, then some of these complaints can easily be changed by the player anyway, so I personally don't see the problem. Other than Brendan looks a little derpish.

The characters both appear to be older to me than their RSE selves.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I don't get is how the Mega Bangles look more modernistic than the Mega Rings in XY where XY is far into the future than ORAS. But then again if that is the case, then Mega's shouldn't even return, right?

Now I'm really interested what the PokeNav looks like.

Years
    The trailer's gave us a nice, long look at Brendan's skin color, and it's certainly much lighter than in the CoroCoro scan (can be seen here). Might've just been a lighting issue, a misprint, or a number of other mistakes. Not entirely sure why they made his skin darker in the artwork if it was something they intended to do, and why they didn't carry it over to the actual games. :c

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The trailer's gave us a nice, long look at Brendan's skin color, and it's certainly much lighter than in the CoroCoro scan (can be seen here). Might've just been a lighting issue, a misprint, or a number of other mistakes. Not entirely sure why they made his skin darker in the artwork if it was something they intended to do, and why they didn't carry it over to the actual games. :c

If trainer customization is indeed going to make it here, maybe you could be able to slightly alter his skin color by giving him some tan of sorts? Either that, or like you said, it could simply be a lighting issue.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    As I remember , There are 3 choice for male & female character in XY series.
    So I will look forward to see the Tanned verson of May !

Years
    If trainer customization is indeed going to make it here, maybe you could be able to slightly alter his skin color by giving him some tan of sorts? Either that, or like you said, it could simply be a lighting issue.

Actually, that would make a lot of sense. Involves expanding the customization feature, which I assume is something that's been asked for from Nintendo's fans many times since X and Y's release. Besides accommodating a desire, I really like the idea of being able to change the player's skin color - makes it feel more like they're the person in the game, dressed up as Brendan or May. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Why does Brendan's artwork make him look crosseyed? I get that they were trying to evoke similar poses to the original artwork, but the original artwork wasn't cross-eyed.

Years
    Why does Brendan's artwork make him look crosseyed? I get that they were trying to evoke similar poses to the original artwork, but the original artwork wasn't cross-eyed.

Actually, Brendan has the same facial expression as he did in the original art. For comparison: ORAS art vs. Ruby/Sapphire art. That's just how he's drawn usually, I guess. His emerald art is a bit different, but you can still see the similarities with where his eyes are looking. Also, it's only in the official art, as you can tell in this screenshot, in-game he's totally normal!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Actually, Brendan has the same facial expression as he did in the original art. For comparison: ORAS art vs. Ruby/Sapphire art. That's just how he's drawn usually, I guess. His emerald art is a bit different, but you can still see the similarities with where his eyes are looking. Also, it's only in the official art, as you can tell in this screenshot, in-game he's totally normal!

The expression doesn't translate very well thanks to the change of artstyle. I did a photoshop moving the left eye so he's looking to the left and it looks better. At least, I can't laugh at it :D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If you choose to play as a boy, the girl character will serve as your support.

If you choose to play as a girl, the boy character will fulfill the support role.

So they aren't rivals this go round, or rather they aren't recognized as rivals, but rather they are support characters now. Interesting.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So they aren't rivals this go round, or rather they aren't recognized as rivals, but rather they are support characters now. Interesting.

I think their dynamic will still be the same. In the originals they were in some ways more support than rivals to begin with.
    Now to see if GF considers Wally as the true rival, or if he'll be considered another "support".

Years
    I think their dynamic will still be the same. In the originals they were in some ways more support than rivals to begin with.
    Now to see if GF considers Wally as the true rival, or if he'll be considered another "support".

So this'll be interesting, I was kinda guessing Wally was the true rival after all considering what happened to Brendan/May after the battle against them in Lilycove City.

@Khrysta Where did you get the source for that info btw?

Years
    So this'll be interesting, I was kinda guessing Wally was the true rival after all considering what happened to Brendan/May after the battle against them in Lilycove City.

@Khrysta Where did you get the source for that info btw?

That's from the official site (It's in the protagonist's part of the page).

Wally appeared only a bit though...

Also Caelum and Serena were kind of supportive characters like May and Brendan too, so I think they'll still serve as a rival like figure even if they aren't the real rival.

I noticed the official site mentions this: "The Hoenn region generally enjoys a warm climate, and both characters are decked out in light, sporty wear that is perfect for dashing about in its rich, natural landscape!"
    I wonder if that will be mean that if we do get Customization the clothes will fit the climate. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    Where did you get the source for that info btw?

Source

The wording could mean Wally is now more your rival than an odd recurring character whose purpose is a complete mystery. I hope it's something like that; Wally should definitely got some more recognition in the remakes, and becoming the true rival to the player would be perfect. Also, more reason for him to get a Mega evolution later on!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Support character? Huh, sounds like something we got with Dawn/Lucas, with Barry being your main. Of course this is much more interesting, cause if played right, you can have an interesting Master-Student type of relationship with Wally.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    What really confuses me is that they didn't use Brendan or May as to describe them. They instead use "Male Main Character" and "Female Main Character". I'm pretty sure since they are remakes, they should be named, right?

Years
    What really confuses me is that they didn't use Brendan or May as to describe them. They instead use "Male Main Character" and "Female Main Character". I'm pretty sure since they are remakes, they should be named, right?

I noticed that too...perhaps they changed their names like they did with Ethan who was Gold before...but it's kind of strange considering they aren't named after their games, so there's no reason to change it. Perhaps they'll announce their names later when showing off Wally or customization, or both.

Back