• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Quest for Mew's Jewel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    ((Wow, I didn't think this would be so popular. x_X Meh. There's only two spots left, so whoever takes them can just join in. I'm getting bored of waiting. ^^"
    Note: If anyone wanted their trainers to already have a team, please edit your bios. xP Sorry, I forgot to put that in there. O.o))

In Sootopolis City, it was raining. Water pounded against the bedroom window of young Maya Nelson, who was sitting on the window ledge, trying to read.
    "Once ... once ... once upon ... once upon a ... time? Once upon a time!" she cried out triumphantly, clenching her fists and punching the air. Over the last few years, her dyslexia had grown steadily worse.
    Falling silent again, Maya took the time to listen to the raindrops tap-tapping on her window. Her mind wandered to the letter she had recieved from Professor Birch not so long ago. The rain was still heavy - she couldn't go just yet. Or could she? This downpour reminded her of the incident four years ago with groudon and kyogre - the sun had not shone for numerous days, and thunder storms wreaked havoc upon her city. Could it be that the legendaries really were in danger? Would it be in everyone's best interests if she were to go, and help sort this out?
    Her parents were not home - they had gone out to buy groceries, and thought it safer to leave their daughter in the safety of their home. They were probably right, but meh. Maya didn't care much about what they thought of her safety - she could take care of herself. She had pokémon, after all.
    Rushing out to the living area, Maya scribbled a note down on a piece of paper with obscenely messy handwriting and atrocious spelling.

Deer mum and dad it read.
    I hav decided to go and vist profesor Oak in Palet Town. I'l be bac in a fue mnths. Dont wurry aboot me - I'l be fyn.

Luv you both
    Maya

Stepping back to admire her work, she placed it on the bench so they would read it when they got home.
    More than a little nervous, Maya ran back to her bedroom to grab the belt that held her pokémon and wrapped it around her waist. It would be good to be travelling again, but Maya would miss her home as well. But the fate of the world could be in her hands, so after a few moments of mental preparation, she put a hand on the doorknob and turned. She found she had to put a lot of pressure on the door to make it move - the rain and wind was very heavy. She would have to go underwater this time, and she cursed inwardly for not having worn something a little more water-friendly.
    Unfortunately for Maya, her house was at the very top of Sootopolis. While there was a great view, it was hard to get around to the other side of the city. Through the mist, she could just make out the mantine shuttle that went across every hour - her parents were probably on that, so she would have to hurry.
    Raising an arm to shield her eyes from the rain, Maya hurried carefully down the steps. It occured to her then that she should have probably worn something warmer - she was only wearing a black tube top with a white jacket over the top, three-quarter length jeans and a pair of sneakers. Not quite wet-weather gear.
    Finally, Maya reached the water. The mantine shuttle was getting closer. "Come on out, Octillery!" she cried, tossing one of her pokéballs with a flourish.
    The red, octopus-like pokémon cried out loudly as it landed in the water, then used its tentacles to lift Maya onto its back. It didn't need a command - it just dipped straight underwater, seeming to almost fly.
    Maya knew as she went that she couldn't expect her pokémon to take her all the way to Kanto - once she hit Lillycove, she could take the SS Tidal to Olivine City, and then take the Magnet train in Goldenrod City to Saffron City, from whence she could fly to Pallet Town.
    No problem for a dyslexic.
    Not a problem at all.​

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    OOC: I edited my sign up to add one more pokemon. I hope that is ok.

IC:

MIke was Surfing on his Dragonair away from Sootopolis City after his victory there. He was proud of his pokemon hard work in the last pokemon battle against the water gym leader. He was able to prove to that guy that a fire type can take on any water type if used smartly. His charizard frough bravely against him but he also knew that the victory was also gained by his other pokemon like Dragonair and Medicham.

Mike getting wet and he didn't like it. He knew he should have waited for the storm to clam down but his urge for another battle was to strong to ignore. He then yelled to Dragonair for she could hear him, "Lets look for a place to stay or something. It getting a bit too wet for my taste."

The rain came down in sheets making vision hard for Mike and his dragonair. Still he went on and knew that his pokemon could handle this kind of weather. He place huge sunglasses on in hoping that it would keep the rain out of his eyes. Mike was glad it did but making it hard to see. His jacket was wet but it was keeping his clothes dry. Mike then thought he saw a little girl riding an Octillery.

Mike then said, "Ok. I must be going crazy. I thought I just saw a little girl out in this weather."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Rio dashed down the side of a rocky slope, his expression oddly passive for one who was being chased by an angry Skarmory. Digging his heels into the dust and gravel, the trainer finally came to a halt on a stone ledge. Even as he halted, Rio made a sharp turn into the entrance of a tunnel that stood a few feet away. In a single movement, Rio whirled toward the tunnel entrance, snatched a Pokeball from his belt, and released the Pokemon contained within. Still calm and seemingly indifferent toward his situation, Rio commanded, "Castform, Flamethrower."

Swooping down toward the cave entrance in an effort to capture its prey, the wild Skarmory was instantly met with a blast of fire. Not waiting for the steel bird to recover itself, Rio continued to gaze steadily past his little weather Pokemon as he simply stated, "Once more." The Skarmory was again consumed in a burst of flame. Screeching its discontent, the injured Pokemon winged its way up toward its nest, its cries echoing off the mountainside.

Waiting until the Skarmory could no longer be heard, Rio made his way to the cave entrance and glanced toward the mountain peak. I suppose it's my fault for not knowing that Skarmory nest in this area . . . Still, with a little rest, it should be alright. Turning toward his Castform, Rio flicked a Pokeball into the air. "Thank you, Castform. Return." A smile upon its grey and white features, the weather Pokemon vanished into its Pokeball. Snatching the sphere from the air, Rio wordlessly minimized it and replaced it on his belt. Lifting his gaze to the valley the stretched out before a him, the trainer brushed a strand of pale blue hair away from his scarlet eyes. It appears I still have some distance to travel before nightfall, particularly if I want reach Pallet Town tomorrow as I had planned.

Rio fingered his earring thoughtfully, running his thumb along the object's smooth, dark edge. That being the case, tonight I will continue traveling. If I am sufficiently near a town I have been to before, then Xatu can take me there if necessary. Truthfully, though, I would prefer to walk . . . As Rio's right arm lowered itself away from his earring, his left hand lightly touched the cloth bound a little beneath his right shoulder. If I can reach Pallet Town tomorrow, then perhaps I may finally have my answers.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Yay! We're starting! Erm, pokespeak in {}. ^^;

Hiroko
    ---------------

"I hate you."

{The feeling is mutual, Servant.}

The girl who had spoken about her hatred didn't understand what the pokemon had said. She had never been close to that horrid pink cat, and she never wanted to be. She brushed a leaf off of her purple skirt, and continued staring ahead with her usual scowl on. Even if the cat was with her, she was still free, still away from her dysfunctional family and its stiffling atmosphere. Her sisters and mother loved being rich and popular, but Hiroko certainly didn't.

A shriek errupted from beside the girl. {Eeew! What have I stepped in! Servant! Servant I require a sanitized napkin!} the small, pink pokemon said to Hiroko in a shrill voice. She held out her paw as if it were unusable now that it had been stained.

"What?" Hiroko said in an annoyed voice as she stared at the delicate paw, "I don't get it Cat. If you have an issue about walking in the forest, tough, because I don't care about leaving you." The girl swung her long, black hair over her shoulder and took off at a quickened pace.

{Why I never! My name is Princess Cupcake and don't you forget it! I do not go by the name 'Cat'!} the Skitty said in her shrill voice, clearly astonished by the girl's disregard for etiquitte. She had half a mind to slash at the girl's face in anger, but she never would of course, for that would be barbaric and detremental to her manicure.

The cat continued, despite her paw, for even though she dispised Hiroko, she knew the girl. In the wild, there were all sorts of horrid things and pokemon, and at least Hiroko wouldn't misstreat her. Right?

Hiroko glanced behind her to see Cupcake herself and shook her head. "Dang, I thought she'd leave," she said with a sigh. That cat was the last thing that reminded her of her family; she'd be happy to be rid of it. It was strange though, her sisters were nothing short of ecstatic when they found out that she was leaving, but her mother... she actually seemed a bit... sad. It really had an effect on Hiroko, especially when her mother had decided to give her prized Skitty to her. Princess Cupcake was horrid, but seeing the little cat trot behind her did give her an odd feeling of comfort. Comfort?! No, it couldn't be that! Hiroko shook her head, thinking that she had better get to Professor Oak soon, before she went completely bonkers.

They were close now, somewhere near Viridian. Perhaps by the time they reached the city it would stop raining. It had let up a bit, which had made both of the travelers happy, but sprinkles were beginning again.

{Oh what is the hurry?!} the pink cat wailed, having difficulty climbing over some rocks, {They wouldn't start the meeting without me!}

Hiroko didn't need to understand that; she knew it must have been something painfully pompous.

"We'd better hurry, the rain is starting again," Hiroko said, "Or would you prefer the rain?"

The Skitty leapt over the rocks, darting past Hiroko, {Don't just stand there Servant! Get moving! You're a human, use those spindly legs!}

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
    It was starting to rain. Maia was forced to land Charizard and recall him since he would not do well in the rain. She would have to walk the rest of the way to Pallet Town. At least she had landed in Viridian Forest, near the gatehouse on the Viridian City side. However, she would have to tackle just one more obstacle before she could reach Pallet Town.

Just as she was about to enter the gatehouse and leave the forest, a Weedle jumped out of a bush and blocked her path to the gatehouse. "Fine. I'll just take care of you before I go through," she mumbled, unclipping another Pokeball from her belt. She tossed it in the air, releasing a Lickitung in a flash of white light. "We'll end this quickly. Just use Stomp on the thing."

The pink Pokemon ran forward and slammed his foot down on the bug Pokemon. Somehow, she just barely managed to hold on to conciousness, even after being attacked by a Pokemon of much higher level. "You're a tough little critter," Maia commented. She unclipped an empty Great Ball from her belt. "I think I'll add you to my team!"

The girl grasped the Ball firmly and thrusted her arm forward, sending the Great Ball flying towards the Weedle. It made contact, absorbing the Pokemon in a flash of red light. It began to shake, the warning light glaring a bright red. For nearly a minute, the Ball continued to roll around. For such a small Pokemon, this Weedle sure had a lot of vigor. Then the light finally extinguished; the Pokemon was caught. Maia picked the Ball up and clipped it to her belt. That didn't go exactly as she had originally planned, but there was no reason to complain about the outcome.

Maia was afraid the meeting might start without her. She needed some kind of plan to move quickly through Viridian City and Route 1. She didn't have any ridable Pokemon other than Charizard, whom she could not use because of the rain.... or did she? The girl released her Umbreon from her Pokeball. "Okay. Here's the plan. I'm going to grab your tail and you can drag me to Pallet Town. Ready... set... G... WHOOOAAAAAAH!!!"

The Umbreon dashed straight through the gatehouse, Maia holding on tightly to her tail for dear life. She was flailing around behind her Pokemon, constantly slamming into the ground. It was a little painful, but it was a fast method of transportation. At some point in the middle of Viridian City, however, she had to stop it. "Okay, Luna STOOOOP!!!," she screamed at the top of her lungs. The Umbreon tried to stop, but a girl and a Skitty crossed her path, forcing her to make a sharp turn to avoid them. She managed to get out of their way, but she tripped as a result, causing Maia to lose hold of her tail and go flying, landing a few feet away. "I think I broke something," she mumbled to herself jokingly. Most of her body hurt, but her only real injuries were a few minor cuts and bruises.

Luna, however, was furious. How dare that Skitty interrupt her! She ran over to the kitten Pokemon and opened her mouth, bearing two rows of sharp teeth. Umbreon growled at the Skitty angrily. {It's because of clumsy idiots like you that my Trainer had to get hurt. You go apologize to her or I'll bite your tail off!}

"No, leave the nice Skitty alone!," Maia yelled, managing to stand up. Luna just ignored her Trainer's orders and continued adresssing the girl's Skitty in a threatening manner.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Whispering Winds... I think perhaps you were having problems with PC?? ^^ *tries to help her posts to show up by posting in the thread*

Perhaps you should delete a few of those? ^-^

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
    OOC: They didn't show up at all for hours. I had to delete all but one manually. I didn't think they'd actually appear, but I stopped myself from posting it again. I've seen posts appear multiple times because of that before, but never that many. (I think it might have been seven or eight!)

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    Maya's octillery submerged under the cavern and past a submarine. It had proved for good exploring material when Maya had first got her octillery - it had been a remoraid back then.
    Of course, Maya had to breathe, so the pokémon obliging swam to the surface to allow its trainer a breath of air. Maya was immediately pummeled by raindrops, and although the air was damp, it was still air. Relatively clean, breathable air.
    "We've got about an hour before the SS Tidal leaves," Maya told her pokémon. She wasn't sure if it could hear her over the roar of the waves and storm, but it helped her to get her priorities in order.
    "If we make good time, we can be in Pallet Town by about 1 am." Maya nearly died at what she was saying. She had checked the times earlier, but 1 am? She was hardly allowed to stay up until 10.
    "Octchyaa," the octillery crooned, before dipping back under the water and setting off in the direction of Lilycove.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: Hm.... I'll use {} as my pokemon dialog as Light Azumarill did... :P

IC:
    While walking down the dirt road that lead to Prof. Oak's lab, Yukiari kept wondering what was so urgent. "Hm.... Pokemon problems?..... can't be that..... hm..." He decided to wonder after he had reached the lab.

"PIDGEY!!!" "SPEAROW!!!!!!!!" Loud pokemon cries filled the air. Turning behind him facing the small forest, Yukinari saw spearows attacking a small group of pidgeys.

"Agh. They're at it again. Those spearows..." Yukinari said grabbing a pokeball on his belt and tossing it. "Let's go, Flame!" A large firey orange charizard appeared in a blinding white flash.

{Yawn.... What is it, Yukinari?} Flame asked wondering why he was set out.

"Remember those spearows attacking the small pidgeys by the forest entrance?" Yukinari asked Flame. Flame nodded. "Well.... They're up to no good again. Want to go teach them some manners?" Flame grinned a little and took off beating his mighty wings. The tiny flock of 5 pidgey were surrounded by a group of about two dozen spearow. Charizard took no longer than 2 minutes to reach the forest entrance where the pidgeys were being attacked.

"GO EASY ON THEM FLAME!!!" Yukinari shouted from his location which was about a mile away. Flame nodded with confirmance and light blew embers at the spearows causing them to run around in terror of the flaming fireballs. A few got charred and retreated back into the forest. The rest followed shortly after Flame shot a flamethrower straight up into the air causing even more fear of being burnt. The pidgeys chirped their appreciation and left. Flame with a grinning face took a 2 minute trip back to Yukinari's location.

"What's with the grinning face?" Yukinari asked as he began to grin along with Flame.
    {Wha? Oh nothing. Hahaahha.} Yukinari knew Flame wasn't telling him something and would force the large charizard to reveal it later but he had pressing matters at the moment.
    "Well let's hurry to the Professor's lab. He wants us to go over there immediately." Yukinari said starting off again towards the Professor Oak's lab.
    {Yes, Yukinari.} Flame took airborne and followed Yukinari towards the lab.

Last edited:

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    As predicted, Maya finally arrived at the outskirts of Pallet Town by about 1 am. She was exhausted, as was her pidgeot, who had flown her from Saffron City to Pallet Town. The large pokémon had retreated back to its pokéball by now, and Maya walked alone down the path, kicking along stones as she went.

Pallet town wasn't huge, and before long, she could see the laboratory. It was much larger than Professor Birch's lab, and was made from bricks, rather than the new stuff they used in modern houses these days.
    It was late, and Maya thought it rude to intrude on the professor while he was asleep, assuming he spent the night in the laboratory. If not, it would be locked, anyway. Too excited to sleep, but still tired, Maya settled for releasing her ursaring from its pokéball and standing close to it for warmth. The large pokémon growled deeply, but did not protest.

Kaishen

Dragonfire Specialist
    Years
    Flare looks up and sniffs the air, sensing someone new. {I think another stranger entered town with a pokemon.} "Where at Flare?" Kai answered the large white arcanine he was currently using as a pillow, on the floor of Oak Labs. {I don't know. Should we check it out?} Kai yawns and stands up, rubbing his eyes. "Yeah. Let's go buddy" he said to the arcanine as he walks to the door, opening it and then jumping on flare's back, the dog pokemon sniffing out this newcomer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OOC: i think the {} is catching on, and the newcomer would be Maya. FMFG, you may pilot Kai if you want

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    I'm going to use Light Azumarril's idea and use pokemon dialog in {} xD
    -----
    Enkel was trotting along the rim of Olivine City, such beauty filled the sea as the cascading waves fell upon her feet, she pulled out her letter from Proffessor Oak, and started to read in her mind, for the millionth time.

Dear Miss Tsukina,
    I'd like to invite you to my laboratory to learn more about your 'scar', you are about to go on the adventure of your life, working together with your legendary partner and 13 others to stop and evil man with his plan to recieve Mew's jewel.
    Best Regards, Proffessor Samuel Oak.

She read the words Miss, scar, adventure, partner, and legendary once again, then she crumpled the letter and threw it into the ocean, it's contents were only to Enkel as she watched the words drown over the silence of the ocean. She didn't want to go, but she had a purpose, and needed to fufill her meaning of life. "But how would I get there?" Enkel thought thinking outloud the silence was weak to the voice of Enkel. "Lets see, if I go to Goldenrod, and take the Underground Line and then somehow get to Pallet, I can get there on time" she said. "But I would some stuff, and what would Mum think of this?" with a prick worry in her voice.

{Momentie} Auror said as he floated over, though Auror was a pokemon, Enkel had a way of understanding him. "I know! I'll write a letter" she said happily jumping off to her humble home, she took out a puce pen with a scruffed covering and began to write.

Dear Mum,
    I'm going to find my meaning of life, at Proffessor.. somethings lab, don bother to come after me, it's a journey only for me and my pokemon, you're a great mom and I have no regrets of you being an awesome. I know I'm betraying father, but isn't this what you wanted? Wasn't this your dream? I took some of your pokemon for use, my favorites.
    With Best Love, Enkel.

She wrote in this graceful cursive, dotting little hearts on her I's. She took five labeled pokeball, and nested them, on her wrapped belt. She took one out, "Kinde, take me to Goldenrod City!" she commanded the velvet furred pokemon ran into the shining light as Enkel gazed at her home cerulean tears cascading down her eyes and into the brooding silence of the sepia dirt path. Auror was supposedly following her, refusing to be in his pokeball, dashed along the path, trying to keep up with Kinde.

When they reached Goldenrod, the cities were shining brightly in the morning sun, reflecting Enkels past as she sat upon the blazing Absol. When they came to a station with the sign "Underground Ground Line : To Saffron" Enkel knew she was there, leaving her home region, just to find her meaning in life, it..it seemed wrong. Leaving her mother, everything! {I finally caught up with you} Auror said as he faded near Enkel, as she was recalling Kinde. "Come On Auror" the girl said gloomily as the Castform followed her.

On the underground line, Enkel pretty much didn't do anything, she looked at her feet, as if she was their guardian, the whole took very much time for Enkel, and when she arrived in Saffron, she was tired, wanted to sleep, but she had no time. There, Enkel met a boy, he had a Pidgeot, rarely seen in Johto. "Excuse me.." Enkel said with a melodic pitch, "May I borrow your Pidgeot?" she asked, hoping to hitch a ride.

"Well, if it's f'you cutie, sure!" he said, now "Where d'ya need t'go" he spoke like Papa, and was a spitting image of him, trying not to tear up, Enkel at blazing speed said "Viridian" she said with a vast gasp of breath. "Pita, take this fine lady over to Viridian City" he said, the pokemon happily obeying, letting Auror and Enkel onto his back, and flew up into the teal colored sky. The view was beautiful as Auror and Enkel gazed into the venue that was Kanto, her emotions seemed to lighten up as they landed in Viridian. "Arigatou" Enkel said with a smile, watching the pokemon glide back to his companion.

Rain was falling. Enkel tipped out her rosy pink umbrella, "Doesn't matter, about the rain" she thought happily humming among the coast of Viridian City, Enkel's arm reached over to her auburn colored hair and touched the cerulean raindrop, it burned. She clenched her fists, there was more than meets the eye to her as she gently throwed a crimson and silver schemed pokeball, and out came a disaster pokemon, though graceful and beautiful. Absol, "Kinde, I think you'd do well in the rain" Enkel said as she hopped on to the pokemon and rode of into the sunlight.

She came to nowhere, it was a 'dead end', she stood obverse to the sterling, aluminum building, it was plaited with steel, with a pygmy amount of windows, lined in scanty rows, one by one. The door, the door was a different story, it seemed like a small door that could easily be infiltrated, but Enkel's prediction was wrong, the door was stuck tight, it seemed like a security door but the girl surprisingly opened it revealing a utopia of taintness.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stick with my <>. And, wait a second, Professor Birch? I thought we were in Pallet Town. =_= You just contradicted yourself in that post Fullmetal. xDD And, sorry I couldn't really decipher much of any of your guys' posts, so I'm going to assume that Enkel's in front of the lab, Kai's inside of it at the doorway, and Maya is sleeping in front of the lab. x_x;;

IC: <'We're almost there Vally.'> Xora told me as he hovered over the same path that we'd been following for the past billion hours. Unfortunately, Xora disliked flying high up into the air, and prefered staying closer to the ground, where he knew I wouldn't fall off. I highly doubt I would fall off, whether in the air or near the ground. I ran a hand through my silver hair and wondered if the lab still looked the way it did when I had last been here. Well, for one, it had been a good decade since I last stepped foot in Pallet Town, so I decided there had had to be some kind of renovation work and upgrades. It was quite the change though, as I had spent the last few years in Larousse, whilst this...town. It was still miniscule, and as I stared around at the small houses and family run shops, I told Xora to speed it up.

It was unsettling, being in a small town where everyone knew everyone else. I highly doubted anyone here would've learned of a failed murder attempt all the way in Sootopolis, but it was better safe then sorry. Besides, the stares I got were enough to annoy the living hell out of me. And trust me, there was quite the living hell inside of me. It didn't take too long for Xora to reach the white building in which I had stood before, shaking in my boots, ten years ago. Unfortunately, I now stood with arms folded, eyes bored and quite still. And unfortunately, it seemed I was not the only one whom Professor Oak had summoned.

The girl in front of me seemed to have no intentions of actually going inside just yet, and that girl with the ursaring didn't either. Therefore, I simply brushed past the annoying roadblock and somehow found myself face to face with a large and repulsive arcanine. Still donning my passive expression I simply walked to the side and found a hard rock underneath me before I hit the ground.

<'Hey there partner!'> Xora chuckled, <'Long time no see! That is, your butt.'>

I remained silent in the prescence of other people and humans, but I dearly wished I could say to Xora that he needed to shut up before I pulled that pretty silver x off of his face. So I simply folded my arms and leaned against the wall, waiting for a good time to wake up that Professor.

OOC: Oh and Kaishen, this isn't a warning on the entire thread for the record, but it'd be nice if you typed at least a paragraph of text. I know different layouts have different tablets, but I go by my layout, which is Blue Varient. You can check on that layout if you find it nesseccary.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    "Ah jeez. It sure is getting late. We better hurry before the Professor goes to sleep or something." Yukinari called up to Flame who glided gracefully in the air above him. Flame grinned at the fact and followed. A small drizzle had suddenly started to fall causing Flame to go berserk. He did mad spins to try to avoid any and all water droplets from reaching his tail flame, and blasted those, with his trusty flamethrower, that had the chance of bypassing his air acrobatics.

"Agh. You better return before u get badly soaked." Yukinari said reaching for Flame's pokeball and returning the large lizard. At that very moment, another flash had come from one of Yukinari's pokeball. The aftermath of the flash revealed a melodious Altaria hovering in the air.

{Ah! Rain! Oh the Rain!} Melody smiled with glee. Melody had a knack for rain and always did like the falling water droplets.

"Melody... Please save that after we get to the Professor's lab, okay? We're running late." Yukinari asked and shot another look at his watch. Melody hummed and nodded with agreement. Yukinari smiled back at the dragon pokemon and took a mad dash to the lab. It was a short sprint because Yukinari could see the small hill where the lab was at. He stopped short of the lab's stone steps and glanced a look behind him to see Melody following up.

{Ah. Huff... Yukinari... You don't have to... run so fast... You know I get tired easily...} The humming pokemon staggered a bit but kept itself airborne.
    "Hahahaha... Sorry 'bout that. Want to go back inside your pokeball?" Yukinari asked.
    {Not yet. I want to see the Professor before everyone else. Teehee.} Melody replied with more glee.
    Yukinari and Melody climbed up the stone steps and came to the front entrance. There they both found an assortment of trainers outside waiting to go in.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Heh, I wouldn't feel too bad Bell, the difference between {} and <> isn't so much. ^^ I actually used to use <>, but have gotten more used to using {} now.

Hiroko
    ----------------

"Well, there's Pallet Town," Hiroko said in a low voice, staring out of the forest's exit. They had stayed a short time in Viridian, but it was such a short distance away from Pallet, there really was no need to. The forest was easy enough to wander through and the only pokemon about in it were Pidgey, Spearow, Caterpie; those sorts of weak pokemon. Hiroko even thought she saw few Pikachu scampering about in the taller grass. She didn't want them though; they were too cutesy. This pink parasite beside her was only there because she was ordered to follow her. If it had been up to Hiroko, she would have just gone alone.

{Are... we... there... yet?!} came a huffing, exhausted voice from below Hiroko. The girl looked down to see a rather dirty, very un-Princessish looking Skitty.

"There is about a mile or so to go and then we'll be at the lab. Hope you can make it," Hiroko said, a smirk escaping her mouth. It was quite funny to see Princess Cupcake in this position. She was filthier than she had ever been, her beautifuly fluffy fur all messed up, and there was no doubt she was hating this.

{AAARRRGH! WHY ME?!} the Skitty yelled angrily, throwing herself to the ground. Hiroko took a step forward, she was not about to let the cat pokemon blow off steam in her ear.

Something stopped the girl in her tracks though, a fuzzy, brown projectile came hurtling from the sky and landed on the ground in front of her. Hiroko's icy eyes snapped onto the object, but all she could see was a mass of brown and cinged black feathers.

Princess Cupcake had noticed the brown thing too and had leapt up from her collapsed position with lightning fast reflexes. {Eeek!} she had screeched. Hiroko swore that the cat's screeching had been loud enough to make an Exploud cover its ears. The girl crouched as low as she dare in a skirt to get a better look at the thing on the ground before them.

{No!} hissed Cupcake, {Don't touch it! What if it has rabies?! Or Pokerus?!} She situated herself about ten feet away from them.

"Shut up Cat," Hiroko snapped, "This is my affair." She prodded the mass of feathers with her finger. This seemed to do the trick, for as soon as she poked it, the mass of feather moved and began to organize themselves into looking like a cinged Spearow. It shook a couple times, then blinked awkwardly at Hiroko. It was rather skinny and flighty in appearance, and Hiroko was not impressed by it. Once it noticed that Hiroko was a human in front of it, it leapt away from her, positioning itself closer to the dirty Cupcake.

{You! You were the one to attack us! You humans are always meddling in our business!} he accused, taking a rather brave stance for one so scrawny, {Now my flock has run off without me!}

Hiroko didn't know what the Spearow had said, but she did admire his bravery. How did the bird know that she wouldn't just bring out some powerful pokemon to knock it out.

{Eew! It wasn't us! We don't bother with riff-raff like you. So just go on, fly back to wherever your flock went,} Cupcake spoke up, hoping she could just get the filthy bird to fly off. His burnt stench was making her whiskers curl.

The Spearow turned to look at her. {I can't go back! Don't you see my wings? They're burnt too bad to fly; that's what I was trying to do when I fell!} he spat, getting angrier.

{Hmph! If you expect me to give out money as a charity, I will do nothing of the sort! You probably deserved to be burnt!} Cupcake said, putting on a wealthy, pompous look that seemed rather strange given the fact that she was very grimy right then.

The Spearow seemed a bit confused. {Money...? Charity? What are those?} he asked, feeling stupid.

Hiroko couldn't make out what was going on, but she knew that this Spearow needed some treatment. They could find some at Oak's lab no doubt, so if she could just persuade him to come along.... She had to do something, standing here was wasting time and Hiroko hated beating about the bush.

"Look I don't know what's happened here, but if you would like to be healed, then follow us," Hiroko said to the bird, "We're going to Oak's Lab, so I'm sure there will be something for you. He's always concerned about you wimpy pokemon." With that she turned and continued walking.

The Spearow turned to Cupcake. {H-huh? Will she really help me?} he asked, looking even more confused.

{I hope not, you smell awful,} Cupcake said in her superior voice, {And you're obviously the product of terrible breeding.} The pink cat brushed past the bird as she walked off to follow Hiroko.

Hesitating at first, the Spearow began to follow them. He caught up to Cupcake and remained silent, wondering if things would happen like Hiroko said. He didn't really have a choice though.

Soon enough, they reached Oak's lab. There were other trainers hanging around outside it, and Hiroko was not feeling great about this part. People were usually so unpredictable and stupid. This group didn't look any different on the outside.

{I- I am not the product of bad breeding, whatever that is,} the Spearow mumbled as he stood next to Cupcake. The pink Skitty sighed, and gave the bird a patronizing look.

{You're a wild pokemon, there's a possibility your father was not a pureblood Spearow you know,} she said in a fakely sweet voice.

This seemed to hit a sore spot for the Spearow. {What does that matter?!} he sqwaked loudly.

{You know,} Cupcake continued, finding his anger humorous, {Your feather color is quite light for a Spearow. Are you sure you are not part Pidgey?} She was kidding of course, though his feathers were a lighter shade of brown than regular Spearow.

{NO!} he sqwaked even louder, and this earned a warning from Hiroko.

"Shush! You're making a big deal of nothing!" she glared at Cupcake, "Quit bothering him Cat."

Princess Cupcake's smirk dissolved after Hiroko called her 'Cat' once again. {Ugh! Wrong, Servant!} she hissed, {I have half a mind to bite you! If I wasn't so pure and proper I would.}

Hiroko shook her head and approached the others.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Almost there. Pallet Town should be just a few miles from here. Rio paused in a field of tall grass, wiping rainwater from his brow as his breath transformed into vaporous clouds amidst the already-saturated night air. Then, using a hand to shield his eyes, the trainer tilted his gaze slightly skyward, attempting to detect any form of light that might indicate the current time. Only darkness could be seen, however, with sheets of icy precipitation pouring down out of the black. It's difficult to determine, but I think I've made better time than I thought I would. Rio's hand reached toward a Pokeball at his side before hesitating. Using Xatu would mean a sooner arrival at the laboratory and an escape from the rain. Being so close to his goal, however, Rio somehow felt unwilling to use the Pokemon. Aside from that, walking--or, in this particular situation, running--in the rain was an activity he had always enjoyed. Moving his hand away from his side, the trainer brushed several soaked strands of hair away from his eyes, hardening his resolve to continue.

As he attempted to steady his breathing, Rio began to make his way slowly through the tall grass, alert for any sounds that might indicate the presence of a wild Pokemon. The rain wasn't this heavy when I first entered the area . . . Since night fell, though, it seems the rain has only increased. Rio began to increase his pace. I'd prefer to arrive at the lab before I'm caught in a flood.

-------------------

Rio entered Pallet Town at a full run, his crimson eyes darting to and fro in search of Professor Oak's laboratory. Pallet Town is relatively small. And, considering the nature of the Professor's work, his is likely the largest building. The male halted suddenly, his face's impassive expression unchanging, while a slight flicker of recognition passed through his eyes. I've seen that place before . . . on a news report. That's the laboratory.

Last edited:

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    MIke was flying on his charizard now. He remember surfing along when he receive a message from an old friend or his. It was from Professor Oak from Pallet Town. The same old man that gave him his charmander that is now a charizard. The message that Mike received read:

Dear Mr. Anone,
    I'd like to invite you to my laboratory to learn more about your 'scar', you are about to go on the adventure of your life, working together with your legendary partner and 13 others to stop and evil man with his plan to receive Mew's jewel.
    Best Regards, Proffessor Samuel Oak.

Mike had no idea what was there to learn about his scar. He remember having it since he was little so it was nothing to him. He felt that this was disrupting his journey in Hoenn but it was Professor Oak so he couldn't denine a meeting from him. Still what he said about his LEgendary Partner made Mike question the reason for this meeting.

MIke looked down at the water that was below him and was glad that it wasn't raining anymore. They were flying over Cinnabar Island. Mike wished he could stop by there to visit his family but he had important business with Oak. He then said to his charizard, "What you think of this Char? Oak wants to talk about my birthmark."

Char looked at him and roar.

Mike laughed and said, "Yeah. He did showed a little interest in it when I mention it to him when I first receive you."

They could see the edge of Pallet Town from where they were. Soon they would land and meet the great Professor Oak.

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    OOC: And, wait a second, Professor Birch? I thought we were in Pallet Town. =_= You just contradicted yourself in that post Fullmetal. xDD

((Birch just informed her that Oak wanted to see her. xP))

Maya blinked her eyes open. The light was still dim, but time was different here in Kanto - it was probably around seven o'clock. Her ursaring growled softly as it was returned to its pokéball.
    Maya groaned as her stomach protested at not having eaten for the last fifteen ours or so. "Urk ... I'm hungry ..." she said stupidly, wandering around to the front of the lab.
    There were already a few people there - she assumed these were a few of the other thirteen people mentioned in the letter. A little shy about approaching these strange people, she stood quietly beside the gate of the lab, looking down at her feet.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    MIke and his charizard landed on the edge of Pallet Town's city limits. Mike took a breath of the air and smiled. He could smell the mix of forest and seawater in the air. He then looked at Char and said, "Ok. Take a break Char. You deserve it." He then return his charizard back to its pokeball.

He walked around the city taking the same path he took as a young kid years before when he first began his journey. He really didn't want to do this but still he can't be rude. He just hope this was worth his time. Mike himself didn't really care about a birthmark he recieve as a young kid. It hasn't bother him before except how strange it looks.

Mike saw towards the lab. His green coat made a flapping noise as the wind blew. He saw a little girl and a few other people outside waiting. He guess Oak called these people here for the same reason. He then pulled out a sandwich and took a bite from it. He relize that it was the only thing he had to eat since he left the island.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back