• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The return of Hack of the Month!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
After a four month break because of 2015's Hack of the Year contest, it's back! Hack of the Month is a monthly contest aiming to promote our community's upcoming ROM hacks - games modified with their own graphics and storylines. Three hacks are nominated each month, and members get to vote for their favorite. The hack with the most votes wins!

Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition allows you to travel around Kanto as a member of Team Rocket. You can steal Pokémon from Trainers, rob PokéMarts, bribe police officers and take on many other criminal jobs!

b0NPywB.png
QB3SH9F.png
C2NR02y.png

Experience the Kanto region again, but this time on the DS! Pokémon Heart Red, a hack of Heart Gold, is a remake of Pokémon Red on the DS. In the current release, you can progress up to Vermillion City and earn three badges.

yQSmLRx.png
FnVD16v.png
DkqrfbK.png

Pokémon Heiwa is a hack taking place in a tropical archipelago where a lot of the events and people in it have been inspired by Heiwa, a fanmade region from the World of PokéCommunity forum section. Play as a journalist, explore the region and have stories based on your battles!

iYxQePm.png
O3iwGg6.png
cydKg62.png

Click the above links to try out these hacks, and vote for your favorite hack here!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Should have put the prefix to Editing earlier. Any feedback or comments are appreciated! I'm not great at writing, this looks pretty plain to me but it's good enough for its purpose.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hack of the Month is a monthly contest aiming to promote our community's upcoming hacks.
I would perhaps expand this to include 'ROM', and a minor explanation for readers who don't know what they are (...upcoming ROM hacks - games edited with their own graphics and storylines). Maybe it's a common term (I know what it is after all =p), but maybe not all readers - especially those outside PC - will know.
Pokémon Heiwa is a hack taking place in a tropical archipelago where a lot of the events and people in it have been inspired by Heiwa from the World of PokéCommunity.
Similarly (and probably more significant here), many readers may not know what the World of PokeCommunity section is about so a quick explanation of what that is would help (...Heiwa, a fanmade region within the World of PokéCommunity forum section.) or something like that.

Vote for your favorite hack out of the three here!
Maybe 'Click the above links to try out these hacks, and vote for... (etc)'?

I'm fine with the short-and-sweet article presentation, so imo it'll be good once those edits are considered/applied!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I would perhaps expand this to include 'ROM', and a minor explanation for readers who don't know what they are (...upcoming ROM hacks - games edited with their own graphics and storylines). Maybe it's a common term (I know what it is after all =p), but maybe not all readers - especially those outside PC - will know.
Similarly (and probably more significant here), many readers may not know what the World of PokeCommunity section is about so a quick explanation of what that is would help (...Heiwa, a fanmade region within the World of PokéCommunity forum section.) or something like that.

Maybe 'Click the above links to try out these hacks, and vote for... (etc)'?

I'm fine with the short-and-sweet article presentation, so imo it'll be good once those edits are considered/applied!

I applied them!

Since I'm already explaining what ROM Hacks and Hack of the Month are for people who don't know, should I just remove the World of PokéCommunity part completely, or is it fine?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Looks good to me as well. It did need some explanation, but now that you've added that in, it looks fine.

Also, don't worry about it being short and plain. Sometimes, articles will just have to be short on the word side, but they say so much.

Your article has been approved, by the way! It can be sent to the presses and be published.

Last edited:
Back