• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Revelations (OOC/SU)[T]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
s84b.png

~SU Status: Open~

| THE STORY |​

The country divided, currently stands at a point of civil war between two factions. Otherwise a peaceful region, Sinnoh tends to be full of tension nowadays. King Tasmus' quest for power has finally begun, leaving many to wonder what fate lies in his hands. The death of Tasmus' late father has left his power-lusting son in charge of the country, along with his plans to create the Sinnoh he longs for. Although his intent is not violent, his motives are still unclear to many of the inhabitants of Sinnoh. As a direct result shortly after the crowning of Tasmus, various rebellion groups formed, as an attempt to stop any invading forces led by Tasmus himself. Considered a felony and treason, many resistance groups have been captured and punished, forcing to lead a life of hard labor, torture and shame, and locked up in prison.

Mt. Coronet is the dividing point of Sinnoh, with Tasmus' castle, known as the Bronze Castle, being located on the far eastern side. As of now, most high risk criminals get sent to Coronet Prison, as well as rebellion groups of the such. With many of his soldiers on duty at various towns and villages, one can be sure that he has eyes seeing every move even when he's not present.

Sinnoh_Pt.jpg

| SETTING + WHERE YOU COME IN |​

This RP takes place in ancient Sinnoh. I'm not going to give an exact time period, but if you have ever watched Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and you remember the scene where they go back in time, that would be a rather good approximation. You will play as a character who may have been affected by the civil war in some way or another. You are not a knight, nor a member of a rebellion group, but instead a regular civilian. You may be going to school for something, working, or maybe even just doing nothing at all except mooch off your rich parents and live the life of having fun. Your character will soon realize that they will be caught up in one of the most life-changing events.

Since the RP takes place in ancient Sinnoh, there of course going to be some changes to the world of Pokemon. Firstly, there are going to be added towns/villages in Sinnoh that are not present within the games, along with name changes to some of the pre-existing locations. They are as follows (list is excluding new locations):

• Twinleaf Town retains its name
  • Sandgem Town retains its name
  • Jubilife City, or often referred to as the Commercial City of Jubilife
  • Oreburgh Valley & Oreburgh Mines
  • Floaroma Valley
  • Eterna Valley
  • Hearthome Town
  • Solcaeon Village
  • Veilstone Canyon/Veilstone Cliff
  • Pastoria Marsh
  • Celestic Village
  • Canalave Bay
  • Snowpoint Valley
  • Sunnyshore Bay

There are also no trainers of the such in this RP, nor are there Pokeballs. Instead, a Pokemon must be befriended for someone to own one, and it usually follows its owner everywhere they go, unless left at home and such. Some knights/soldiers fight alongside their Pokemon war, although it is not encouraged for them to fight in war. Instead, Pokemon battles still do exist in this RP, and even now, considered to be a sort of sport and a good pastime. At the start of the RP, your character will already own a Pokemon, whether it is a family Pokemon, or their own. Your character will be able to befriend more Pokemon as the RP progresses, but will use their first Pokemon as their main Pokemon. There will also be many, many times when your character will need to fight alongside your Pokemon, in which case your character will need to choose a weapon.

Many Legendary Pokemon in this RP don't exist yet. Such as Mewtwo, Genesect, as well as man-made Pokemon such as the Porygon line. Arceus only exists in legend, and most of the other legendaries (Groudon, Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga, etc.) are only stories. Lesser legendary Pokemon such as the birds, do exist, however for RP purposes they cannot be seen until I say so. Also note, that some Pokemon are also considered to be 'rare', more specifically Dragon type Pokemon. I'm not saying that you can't have a Dragon-type, I'm just saying that they are rare. Same goes with Fairies. Pokemon Centres do not exist, but instead are known as 'clinics'. As in regards to food, only some Pokemon are edible. Mostly fish Pokemon, such as Magikarp, Goldeen, Krabby, etc. Lesser animals also exist, such as small fish and small insects. With that said, this RP is not really sandbox, but there will be many times when you will be able to go out and do whatever you want.

| THE SHADOW |

ls8z.png

The Shadow is the name of one of the biggest resistance groups in Sinnoh. Rapidly growing in size, they have many recruits all over the region, and happily accept anyone who wants to join. Some may say that their measures are a bit extreme, however, they believe that it is necessary to do so in order to put an end to Tasmus. Most of them have the mindset that if you are not with them, then you are against them, which is why many choose not to get into confrontation with any of them. Keep a look out, and make sure not to run into any trouble with them unless you know what you are doing.

| BATTLE RULES |​

800px-po01.png

Let's get down to battles rules shall we. If your character decides to have a Pokemon battle with another RPer, I have some rules you must follow. Firstly, we are following the games in terms of accuracy level of moves. So if it has 100% hit rate, then it's always going to hit your Pokemon. Secondly, you only have three dodges per battle. If you want more dodges, than use up a moveslot for an evasion attack, or lower your opponent's accuracy. That's pretty much it. Potions and other hand made items do not exist in the RP, however berries, gems, and other similar items are available and can be used during battle.

Rules:
  • All forum rules apply
  • No god-modding/bunnying
  • Please stay active. I know, life gets in the way of stuff, but please let me know if something happens. If you plan to be away, let me know and we'll sort something out.
  • This is rated T, which means some swearing is allowed, romance/sexual content, and obviously violence. Obviously no huge amounts of gore. This is not a horror movie. Blood to some extent is allowed, such as being attacked by a wild Pokemon, or getting punched in the nose or something along those lines. Don't go around slicing people's stomach.
  • No Mega-evolutions until later on in the RP.
  • Six is the maximum move limit, otherwise your Pokemon will need to forget a move to learn a new one.
  • Not really a rule, but have fun!

Sign-Up:
Spoiler:

My Sign-Up:
Spoiler:

Accepted:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Same here Jegretis. Nice looking RP you have here by the way. :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Yeah no problem guys, looking forward to SUs. Also, why the caps Kiklion?

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I'm just very excited for this RP.

Does it matter what level our pokemon are on at the start of the RP?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Alright no worries ZenTraveller, I'll be looking forward to your SU!

@Kiklion: Oh okay lol. As for the level, this RP isn't really based on levels like in the games, but I guess if you want a good estimate, I would just say somewhere between 5-10.

EDIT: sorry I forgot to mention this, but when making SUs, remember your character must currently reside or be in Twinleaf Town.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
When it comes to your RP's, Jegretis, they're always excellent! Count me in please!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Yes, you guys are all reserved. I shall put you down in the list (in the first post).

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Cool. Just need to see your sign-up or somethin' of the like to know what to shoot for.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
@Alby: I added my own SU to the main post if you need it. I'm still somewhat adding to it though.

Also, note to everyone: I added a hometown section to the SU, so if you want you can put your character's hometown in there if you find it to be easier.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Just a heads up, 3 more days until reserves reach the 1 week mark, in which case reserved are lifted.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Sorry, but I just can't get anything good to come out of my head for this. Go ahead and open up my slot, sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
@Alby: That's alright. If you ever want back in, let me know.

With that being said, there's still a spot in this RP if anyone wants in. Reserves also end tomorrow, thought I should let you guys know.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
Name: Grant Hawkins

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:

Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Hometown: Twinleaf

Weapon: Large Monkey wrench (club)

Pokémon: Misdreavious, Sam

Relationship with Grant:
Sam is the resident ghost at the Hawkins house, She bound her destiny with Grant to save him from working himself to death. Since that time, the pair have been completely inseparable.

Ability: levitate

Attacks:
Psybeam
Astonish
Destiny Bond

Sam's personality:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Wow Zen, your SU is fantastic! I don't think you needed to write that much, but it's really good. You are of course accepted.

Also, IC thread is already up, so you can post if you want, or just wait for the others. But I may as well tell you guys what your first post can/should be.

1) It is morning right now, and your character is out and about town. Your post can be anything from your character doing errands to strolls, as long as they are in town.
2) There are soldiers wandering around, but they won't really do anything other than patrol.
3) Feel free to talk to other characters.
4) No battling yet.

Last edited:
Back