• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Scorched Slab.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    This place has always intrigued me. Located near Fortree City, if you surf in the lake, you will find a cave named Scorched Slab. Home to almost no Pokemon, it is the home of a TM, Sunny Day.

Do you think in ORAS, this useless cave will have a meaningful part in the storyline this time?

Discuss!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've suggested in several threads that it could house the Mirror for the Therian formes of the Kami's. The cave is based on the cavern Amaterasu is said to have hidden away in (hence why Sunny day is the thing you find there). A mirror was involved in take her out of there. Plus Amaterasu is a Kami, so Pokemon based on Kami's will fit.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I remember first discovering this cave 10 years ago and being all like "OMG I JUST FOUND SOMETHING NEW I BET NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THIS"

lol :(

It'll be there but I doubt it'll play significant role. Just the same old mysterious cave with a little TM in it.

EDIT: The post above just made me realise that there's gotta be some room for all the legendaries they're gonna shove in, which is a really good point. Dunno if the Scorched Slab fits into this kind of area, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's just a small little place, so I can't really see anything important happening here. :( Though, it'd be nice if they'd added a couple of wild Pokémon. Since it's a cave, I could imagine rock and ground-types to be located in this area, such as Drilbur and Roggenrola. Would make sense to have their encounter rate stuck at a minimum level, considering the size of Scorched Slab, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I remember discovering it and expecting Groudon to be found there post-game or something,since it seemed kind of tucked away and hidden. Instead all I got was a TM. To say I was disappointed was a bit of an understatement. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The idea of the Reveal Glass being there is rather interesting. I'd love for it to have a LITTLE something extra than Sunny Day. Maybe like a neater Key Item or something idk. But, to have it there JUST to be there is pretty lame.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was thinking that maybe it'll be like the Cave of Emptiness in Kalos. It's a little cave with almost nothing in it besides Bannette's mega stone and requires you to get in the water to reach it. Sounds a lot like the Scorched Slab, no? Maybe they'll swap the Sunny Day TM with a mega stone.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Or maybe they'll add both Sunny Day and a Megastone? The Cave of Emptiness also has an item and a megastone after all.

But the idea with the reveal glass is also interesting.

Regarding the Ameterasu reference and the Kami-trio, having them in a region where the weather becomes whack still makes sense. Maybe that'll be the place where we can get Thundurus or Tornadus (version exclusive obviously) by using an item, and obtaining Landorus after the two meet just like how HGSS did with the weather-trio.

But hey, I'd at least expect the Sunny Day TM to appear there.

EDIT: Grammar error 404

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    They could probably hide a Heatran in there (and I would like them to, to be honest), but that seems too far fetched. If it didn't mean something in the originals, I doubt it'd have any more meaning in the remakes, apart from renovations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well the seafoam islands were empty except for the gym in GSC. However in HGSS they added something else (kept it like in FrLg). They could add something to the slab to make it stick out. Maybe the Mega Blazikenite if the professor doesn't give it to us.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The fact that they give you a useless TM, but named the place to make it sound important always bothered me. Why go through the trouble to name an area and just have that TM, but have no backstory or anything else hidden inside? I'm actually hoping they do something with it, because it sounds like it would be an interesting place to go, yet they did nothing with it. It's wasted potential, I think.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    honestly don't even remember this lol. i would google it but im trying not to since i dont remember any of it, but i know once i play them i'll remember hoenn like it was only yesterday lol

tho some good ideas in this thread, mega stones, heatran, reveal glass - i think they're the three most likely possibilities (and they'll probs keep sunny day in there soo)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The fact that they give you a useless TM, but named the place to make it sound important always bothered me. Why go through the trouble to name an area and just have that TM, but have no backstory or anything else hidden inside? I'm actually hoping they do something with it, because it sounds like it would be an interesting place to go, yet they did nothing with it. It's wasted potential, I think.

It could be an event area, too, come to think about it. There's absolutely no use of keeping that Scorched Slab, I thought it was where Groudon went to rest or something of that sort. The fact that we have to Surf to get it (pretty weird too) and at the end it looks similar to the place where we find Bagon in the end of Meteor Falls made me think we can encounter a rare Pokémon here. Hopefully, we can do so in the remakes.

Years
    There should be something more to it. Maybe they'll add a dive spot since the cave's too small to have something else besides more TMs or items.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I think when I first played I just assumed it had something to do with the Legendary golems, like maybe there was a Regifire or something, but clearly that wasn't the case. :P

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm getting a big feeling they would add something special inside like beside Sunny Day, a megastone or some kind of event (possibly leading to Volcanion perhaps since its a perfect location to have a location there) that would happen inside the cave.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    There should be something more to it. Maybe they'll add a dive spot since the cave's too small to have something else besides more TMs or items.

A dive spot sounds interesting. Especially since the time you get Dive you'd have probably forgotten about this old cave. It could lead to some sort of forgotten ruins where (postgame) you could find other generation fossils.

Years
    Usually, areas like this aren't given such a unique name, and so when I first discovered it, I got really excited. Like everyone else, though, I was disappointed when I found that the only thing relevant in the cave was a lousy TM. They might add another floor to the cave only accessible post-game that leads to a legendary pokemon, or just some future generation cave pokemon, but other than that there's not much I see them implementing here.

Years
    If Mega Evolutions do make an appearance in ORAS I can see it housing a Mega Stone in addition to the TM for Sunny Day. (Remember, the Chamber of Emptiness only held a Spooky Plate and a Banettite and had no Pokemon whatsoever.) Other than that, though, I have a feeling it won't be anything special.

Back