• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Shiny Odds Were Halved starting this generation.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Starting in Generation Six, the shiny odds were halved to 1 in 4,096. With the introduction of the shiny charm last generation, it'd be 2/4,096 (I think). It's even easier to find shinies in Hordes, too. People also discovered chain fishing which I hear is a pretty good shiny hunt method in generation six.

What did you think of this change? I like it. But, I'm honestly hoping that this is the permanent odds. Shiny Pokemon are going to be less special the more the odds go down.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wish it would have stayed around 8,000, or even higher.

It makes them so much more special to find.

I dislike Rom Hacks that make them common...there's just no value anymore. It's like turning on Pokemon Showdown and clicking the button to make it shiny.

Years
    I wish it would have stayed around 8,000, or even higher.

It makes them so much more special to find.

I dislike Rom Hacks that make them common...there's just no value anymore. It's like turning on Pokemon Showdown and clicking the button to make it shiny.

Finally! Someone shares the same sentiment!

I got a lot of flack giving this opinion out once in the Rom Hacks forum not too long ago. I wanna actually feel lucky when I find the different colored Pokemon damn it!

Back