• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Shiny Pokemon" Bragging thread

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
Years
  • Hey all! Anyway, to cut to the chase, I am proud of the Shiny Ryhorn I caught last night and want to show him to the world. So, if you have a shiny Pokemon and want to brag about it, post here!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I have none, in like 10 years of PKMN gaming.
    This thread makes me feel sad ;-;

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • I've had a few shinies...none noteworthy, except for my shiny Dusknoir that I got in Platinum.

A few days ago on Soul Silver I ran into a Rattata and Stantler one right after the other. o.O

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I don't count traded pokémon, and traded hacks (shiny Latias), so I've encountered 3 shinies that I can remember (may have had more and ignored them because they were Tentacool and I was young on Emerald xD):

Shiny Machoke - Had no Poké Balls, I was very sad to let it go, particularly as I'd just discovered No Guard, and also now had the means to evolve it thanks to wi-fi.
    Shiny Geodude - Accidental KO - very sad.
    Shiny Kricketot - Caught on Platinum. Eventually traded away to get an Arceus. Pretty good deal.

Yeah, that's all my shiny encounters, and they were all in Sinnoh!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, here are the shinies I caught so far:
    Emerald: Koffing
    Platinum: Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey
    HeartGold: Mewtwo
    (lost above shinies when I lost the games)
    SoulSilver: Tentacool, Golbat

All of the shinies listed were caught through dumb luck. No RNGing was done.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    The only shiny I ever encountered was a Spinarak in Crystal. Before I could buy Pokéballs -.-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, this is a bragging thread, so I'd like to be obnoxious and brag. lol These are the ones I still have. Granted, there's only one shiny Pokemon I have encountered that I no longer have, but I did catch it (it was a Whismur). So I'm pretty proud to say I've never ran away from/fainted a shiny Pokemon and have caught all the ones I've seen in random encounters.

From trades:
    Spoiler:

Random encounters:
    Spoiler:

Event/special occasion:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The "Shiny Pokemon" Bragging thread
    The "Shiny Pokemon" Bragging thread

I had both found these too in the wild and was amazed by my find. I caught the shiny Geodude on my Diamond game and just caught it solenmly because of it's different colour.

I found the shiny swinub on my original Gold Verison Pokemon Game for GBC. I found it in Ice Path while trying to figure out that horrific puzzle! At first I didn't understand what shiny pokemon were; I didn't even know that they existed. Just out of luck I found one and only cauhgt it because it looked unque to me. Yet little did I know, I caught a really rare pokemon! I was so happy for the whole day and travelled with my new shiny swinub and the shiny gyarados around Johto for a couple of days and leveled them up.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • caught:
    Fire red:
    Pidgey
    Black:
    Kapurumo

seen but not caught
    cubone (stupid safari zone -_-)

not counting events or those recieved from trades

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Well I caught Shiny Fearow in Diamond(I think) before.

I think I seen Shiny Graveler too and If I remember correctly, it exploded on me before I had chance to capture it.

nm legend

Years
  • well ima take sum time to brag about my latest shiny i caught within a week af starting my adventure in platinum a shiny Budew in a heal ball cuz it matches.........and i caught three in heartgold...... so step your game up and stop using the AR kids

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • I've actually ran into a few in game! I've got a shiny Oddish, a shiny Modest Bulbasaur [from breeding], 2 shiny Ponytas [which look sweet] and a shiny Budew. So mostly grass types o.O

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The only EVER Shiny I've ever caught was in Diamond, and that was 2007, It was a Shiny Shinx and it was at the very beginning of the game it was only Lv 4. but I was shocked because I've never encountered a Shiny and I remember using it on my team throughout the game and it's still on my team, about Level 68, but I've misplaced the game, sadly.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I've Encountered a few
    Sapphire:
    Wurmple-while trying to find a Surskit I happened upon this fellow I caught it and Pal parked it to my SS where I evolved him into a beautifly but sadly reset the game and forgot to transfer it :(

Platinum:
    Cherubi-This was my first shiny pokmon ever throughout my 8-9 years playing the games
    Barboach-Found this guy while fishing near Eterna City one quick Ball did the trick.
    Cacturne-Found this one up on route 228 one quick ball did the trick here as well which surprised me.

Soul Silver:
    Golbat-This was the most recent,I encountered him while going through Victory Road I knew If i hit him he would faint so I just threw a fast ball and was lucky enough to catch it.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • List:
    Zapdos (Heartgold)
    Articuno (HeartGold)
    Tangela (HeartGold)
    Sandshrew (HeartGold)
    Gabite (HeartGold)
    Noctowl (HeartGold)
    Weavile (HeartGold)
    Teddiursa (Pearl)
    Honchkrow (Pearl)
    Pidgeotto (Pearl)
    Ledian (Emerald)
    Croconaw (Crystal)
    Hoothoot (Crystal)
    Steelix (Gold)
    Meganium (Gold)

All were caught by me except Tangela, Teddiursa, Hoothoot, and Croconaw. I only used RNG abuse for Honchkrow and Pidgeotto. Everything else was dumb luck.

JackShield

Hi, Im Jack~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I only got 1. Its a shiny zubat from just wandering around (getting lost actually) in those dark caves.

Back