• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Society of Pokemon MENSA

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • Welcome, one and all to the first

The Society of Pokemon MENSA event!

Untitled-10.png

How to join

Joining the event is very simple. To enter, just post in the thread below that you are joining and I will add you to the list of participants. But, in order to do that you need to include the phrase "I accept the test the Society of Pokemon MENSA™ has given me". Feel free to copy and paste. If you do not say the phrase you cannot join.

How to participate

Just in case you are wondering how to decode, I will give you a basic tutorial on how to do so. We'll start with an example that will not be included in the test and is not Pokemon based:

7 D of the W

This is a very simple one and shouldn't take much thought. The number is self explanatory, and the two letters - D and W - represent a contracted word. It is your job to find the two words and complete the sentence. The sentence should make sense.

7 Days of the Week

Voila. Fairly obvious, was it not? That was the correct answer, you will not get away with guesses like

7 Dogs of the Windmill

That's just sad, so don't even attempt it. It doesn't make sense and you won't get points for creativity. Further examples can be found here.

How to submit answers

Submitting your answers is just as easy as joining. To submit them, just place them in a Private Message and send it to me, Impo. I will judge your answers and give you a mark out of the total. Do not PM anyone else but me with answers. The deadline to submit the answers is 11:59 PM on Monday July 18 EST. I will publicly post all the answers in their rankings after I am finished judging, so don't expect a PM back.

Rules

The rules are simple, and are as follows. Offenders will be dealt with harshly and thrown out of the event, so please read thoroughly before joining.

• The test starts at 12:00 AM EST on Friday July 15 and ends 11:59 PM on Thursday July 21
    • You may join at any time between these dates.
    • No coercing to complete the list.
    • No giving away hints or answers anywhere. Not here, not in VMs, not even in PMs.
    • No claiming the test was 'unfair' or 'too hard'. That just proves you are not competent enough to join the Society of Pokemon MENSA™.
    Winners

1st place

.Aero - 28 correct answers

2nd Place

A tie with Gymnotide and Karpman - 27 correct answers

3rd Place

Smithism - 26 correct answers

Participants

Name - Score
    teababe27 - 20
    Misheard Whisper - 17
    ~Ryukaa - 12
    vaporeon7 - 17
    Toujours - 23
    Karpman - 27
    Razer302
    Novastar - 19
    .Aero - 28
    Kaylene
    Bluerang1
    켄니씨 - 9
    Fireworks
    deku
    Charizard★ - 2
    Destiny Demon - 8
    Scarf
    Valor555
    pokecole - 16
    Jake♫
    cbd98 - 12
    smithtism - 26

Elgyem
    Alley Cat
    Tomandgreen
    Cid - 24
    Ninja Caterpie - 16
    NatureKeeper - 10
    死神さま - 9
    Gymnotide - 27
    baladamy
    Anglican - 3
    Osha_say_wott?! - 22
    LightOfTruth

Emblems

Emblems will be awarded to those who participate, and those in the podium position.

1st Place
    1stPlaceemblem.png

Place 1st in the test overall

2nd Place
    2ndPlaceemblem.png

Place 2nd overall in the test

3rd Place
    3rdPlaceemblem.png

Place 3rd overall in the test

Participant
    ParticipantEmblem.png

Solve at least 1 question

The Test

Spoilered for your annoyance.

Spoiler:

Where to Start?

Well, if you're reading this, I'm thinking you are stuck, or think the questions are too hard. Wonderful. That was the point. But as this test will send you searching across generations and the like, I suggest prowling through Bulbapedia. It's the best Pokemon wiki and was used to verify and create the riddles for this test. Unfortunately, I could not get in contact to make them sponsor. But that does not mean the answer will be sitting on a silver platter for you to collect - bronze at best. You have to search to be rewarded; a little effort goes a long way.

Bonus Round

This is purely for bragging rights and will not affect anything, so don't fret. Also, it isn't compulsory, nor will it earn you an emblem, so if you don't want to do it, you don't have to.

This first one is a code you need to crack. Only one hint, otherwise it may be too easy. The same code is used for all of the words.
    HINT: I suggest using your keyboard

Spoiler:

Now, this one is an actual jumbled one. Unscramble the jibberish and you'll find two words, that's it.
    HINT: Wow, the pair has been shipped out to Africa. How nice.

Spoiler:

As with the actual test, do not post answers in this thread. PM me your answers to enter them and I will post the results at the end of the event. Have fun!

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Gonna join :3 I accept the test the Society of Pokemon MENSA™ has given me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • You've all been accepted!
    Thanks for entering, I hope it's hard for you!

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • "I accept the test the Society of Pokemon MENSA™ has given me"
    Looks cool. Already I got a good portion down but some are quite challenging.
    I assume once we send it in the first time we cannot make any changes?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • "I accept the test the Society of Pokemon MENSA™ has given me"

I did one of these a while ago. Looking forward to attempting this one. :]

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Everyone's accepted!

And just realized, with some entries by two contestants, that one question has 2 possible answers. How exciting. But any will result in a correct answer.

"I accept the test the Society of Pokemon MENSA™ has given me"
    Looks cool. Already I got a good portion down but some are quite challenging.
    I assume once we send it in the first time we cannot make any changes?

Thank you, I tried to make it difficult.
    Considering this is the first MENSA test, I will be lenient and say yes, you can make changes. But mention you're redoing it, because I will get easily confused.

!Urgent Update!
    Please Read

It seems like I have made a mistake with a question. It isn't a major one, and thank .Aero for picking it up.

3 P without V E (Z, S & S)

is now

4 P without V E (Z, S, S & W)

I'm sorry if this has caused any confusion.

On a lighter note

Bonus Round!

It won't be revealed until later on today, but it is just for fun. You have to crack the code and make sense of what appears to be jibberish. Should be fun!

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I think you mean:

4 P without V E (Z, W, S & S)

(Also, you all better step up your game and hope one of my answers was wrong. >:D I already submitted with the whole thing done. :3)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Blue Rang you have been accepted.

I think you mean:

4 P without V E (Z, W, S & S)

(Also, you all better step up your game and hope one of my answers was wrong. >:D I already submitted with the whole thing done. :3)

Yes, sorry. Thanks again.

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    If registering is still okay

I accept the test the Society of Pokemon MENSA™ has given me

Back